Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by alonepowers View Post
    i agree. Some of these girls shoud wait to compete.its great they diet down and made a transformation. But they should bring a contest shape worthy of bodybuilding standard in order to compete. Ive been to some regional shows(bev's show in particular) and i ask in bewilderment "who told these girls they could go on stage with all that junk in the trunk?"
    lmao...

Quote Originally Posted by AlonePowers View Post
    I agree. some of these girls shoud wait to compete.Its great they diet down and made a transformation. But they should bring a contest shape worthy of bodybuilding standard in order to compete. Ive been to some regional shows(Bev's show in particular) and I ask in bewilderment "who told these girls they could go on stage with all that junk in the trunk?"

You do need to start somewhere ... my first show I was calipered at 8.6% 4 weeks out from my show & my trainer just stopped bothering doing it anymore after that. I was the leanest I'd ever been in my life, already had 20 yrs of lifting on me, though not all necessarily geared towards BB competition. Mostly I wasn't conditioned enough, but for what I knew and where my trainer had taken me, this was the best package I had to bring to that particular stage. Each show I've done since I've improved on something but not necessarily nailed it. It is a learning process.. but its really frustrating for me to see girls who are like "I've been lifting for 10 months..." when I lifted for 20 yrs before I even knew there were local BB shows... the timeframe reference is so very different, so th eepectations are different... I think its important to set the long-term plan in place instead of "this season".

But at the same time, you generally compete "for yourself" which means you can come to the stage w/ any of several different goals. For some, its enough to get on the stage & acknowledge a goal met. With more experience you start to look for the higher placings and feedback on specific improvements you've made. And some people are simply clueless. So you have to sit thru all of it at regoinal shows. Even at national shows you see stuff like the one girl who showed up to the local show & "won", so now is qualified for a national show, but isn't necessarily national level quality. But these are weeded out quickly between the AM & PM shows.

Its a weird sport we're in. No clear path "up", but also accessible to most anyone who wants it.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    I think its important to set the long-term plan in place instead of "this season".
    Agreed. A 10 year plan makes sense to me. But then I'm verrrrrrry old. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    at the same time, you generally compete "for yourself"
    This is why I have always had a lingering unease with BBing. You can compete with others, you can compete with your former self, but to compete "for" yourself is twisting the language. The second you get up on stage it's game on.

Here's the wife as a figure competitor, 5'-2", 113lbs, no drugs, no fat burners.
    Second picture, 18 months later with bodybuilding training and diet, clen and T3 and 1IU GH for the preceding 12 weeks, 110 lbs. Genetics is everything and she was always destined for BBing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SuperHappyFun View Post
    Agreed. A 10 year plan makes sense to me. But then I'm verrrrrrry old. ;-)

This is why I have always had a lingering unease with BBing. You can compete with others, you can compete with your former self, but to compete "for" yourself is twisting the language. The second you get up on stage it's game on.
    I think what I was trying to say is .. why do I (personally) put myself thru the craziness of competition prep, and continue to hit the gym every day, year after year after year? Because I like it & it challenges me. I don't do it because I'm looking for a career in fitness & these wins or a pro card will look good on my resume. I'm fairly accomplished already in my day job. In fact it generally looks like professional female body building is one of the most thankless pursuits on the planet. So why do we keep coming back to pursue the trophies? Because it gives me a place to move up the work I do in the gym anyway. It makes me feel good, I like doing it and its a sense of accomplishment. That makes it "for myself". Anything I get from actual competition is just icing on the cake.
    Last edited by sassy69; 03-21-2009 at 05:19 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

the ladies who run my gym are very keen on Arimidex and Femara.

Quote Originally Posted by SoreButtCheeks View Post
    the ladies who run my gym are very keen on Arimidex and Femara.
    never heard of the second one......

Quote Originally Posted by Allifit View Post
    never heard of the second one......
    Femara, or letrozole, is another aromatase inhibitor that would be used to deal w/ estrogen from aromatizing AAS. Like other AI's its primary medical purpose is in the treatment of post-menopausal breast cancer patients.

http://www.femara.com/home.jsp?m=2
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

Honestly, I am shocked when reading some of the threads on here about taking steroids for a figure competition. How dumb. If you do do steroids make sure you want to do it for yourself and to not win a competition because there will be girls who beat you clean. I just won my class this year at the musclecontest class E. Now, I am not the leanest, or biggest or even have the best hourglass shape, but i've spent 10 years lifting and eating right year round and I refuse to believe I can't do what you do on steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by softballap25 View Post
    Honestly, I am shocked when reading some of the threads on here about taking steroids for a figure competition. How dumb. If you do do steroids make sure you want to do it for yourself and to not win a competition because there will be girls who beat you clean. I just won my class this year at the musclecontest class E. Now, I am not the leanest, or biggest or even have the best hourglass shape, but i've spent 10 years lifting and eating right year round and I refuse to believe I can't do what you do on steroids.
    Congrats to you both for your finish and your years of lifting. Sadly the sport suffers from two things:
    - as these new categories w/ lower barriers to entry than traditional bodybuilding are added, the coaches from the bodybuilding days, who leverage all the tools of the bodybuilding days, are applying them to their clients.
    - as the new categories w/ lower barriers to entry are added, the focus switches from the need for years of training to more like a 'season' of training -so the mental timeframe is much shorter and driver is 'getting on stage fast'. So again, the temptation to use the chemical knowledge available - but conveniently forgetting the part about years of training & diet discipline first. Immediate gratification baby.

Broad generalizations but IMO definitely valid observations. May not cover every individual's situation, but definitely common.
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

I've been seriously (competition) training for almost 3 years now (began lifting 10+ yrs ago), and the past year started with Clen/T3 and anavar. I'm looking for off season info to really grow my upper body over the next year or more...also, any rec on where I can find a really good nutrition coach that will work with AS?

Quote Originally Posted by figuregirl View Post
    I've been seriously (competition) training for almost 3 years now (began lifting 10+ yrs ago), and the past year started with Clen/T3 and anavar. I'm looking for off season info to really grow my upper body over the next year or more...also, any rec on where I can find a really good nutrition coach that will work with AS?
    Are you looking for a coach recommendation or an AAS recommendation. The AAS "recommendation " - you can do a lot of your own research right here on the FemChem forum.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345