Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Pretty easy really. If you don't like their policys, then don't compete in their shows. Plenty of other natty feds out there.

NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Pretty easy really. If you don't like their policys, then don't compete in their shows. Plenty of other natty feds out there.
    NGA, FAME, OCB, UFE just name a few...
    But this site has a lot...
    http://www.naturalbodybuildingevents.com/default.html

I think this is dumb as hell. I actually turned pro in the WNBF but due to this and several other reasons I quit competing in their organization.

NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro

Quote Originally Posted by killak32 View Post
    I think this is dumb as hell. I actually turned pro in the WNBF but due to this and several other reasons I quit competing in their organization.
    I did one show and then the next yr Dave Goodin got banned and I said thats not an org/fed for me. I compete w/ the NGA, FAME and IFPA and Ive never had a problem from the orgs/fed about me competing w/ the others.

NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro

Here's an interview w/ Dave Goodin and a show b4 they had a rep from the WNBF. Radio host is talking about Dave's success this yr and his WNBF suspension.
    Personally, I would have done the same thing Dave did.

http://naturalbodybuildingradio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by theblemishedone View Post
    If you'd like to see a current list of athletes that used to compete with the WNBF that are now IFBB pros, look no further than these people:

Kai Greene
    Dave Goodin
    Angela Mraz
    Tim Martin
    Jelena Abbou
    Alicia Marie
    Siobahn Tewari
    I could list countless reasons why myself and others have fled the WNBF, and from what I hear this is only the beginning. If natties want exposure and recognition like in the NPC/IFBB then it is up to us on a grassroots level to act in solidarity and compete in one organization. If participation numbers in natural NPC contests improved don't you think the NPC would promote more natural shows? Dave Lieberman's shows in Ohio are a great example that natural NPC contests can attract big turnouts.

Quote Originally Posted by toddbz View Post
    Plenty of other natty feds out there.
    Truth.

My neighbor just started one in her backyard yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by AnglicanBeachParty View Post
    Once I become a person "of note"*, this will cease to be true for you!

(*Of course, the phrase "don't hold your breath" applies here!)
    Touche'.

But you're the only one! Well, hold up, there's also Tracey Tucker. Let me throw her some love. Oh, Rachelle Cannon...another lifelong natty that matters.

Ok, so there's 3 of you.

HALF-MAN/HALF-AMAZING flaccid_member's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Naturally Built View Post
    I could list countless reasons why myself and others have fled the WNBF, and from what I hear this is only the beginning. If natties want exposure and recognition like in the NPC/IFBB then it is up to us on a grassroots level to act in solidarity and compete in one organization. If participation numbers in natural NPC contests improved don't you think the NPC would promote more natural shows? Dave Lieberman's shows in Ohio are a great example that natural NPC contests can attract big turnouts.
    True, Tim. You are absolutely right about Dave promoting a great show and truly encouraging natural bodybuilding. I did his show and I definitely plan on doing it again. He is a true professional and is all about the competitors and fans. Yes, he still has to make his money, but he is showing the midwest (along with Vin Raritan and Ron Cappodano here in the northeast) that natural bodybuilding can be a force in the NPC.

RX MEMBER

I wonder if anyone from the natty organizations read the boards to monitor how people feel about them? Maybe someone should sent them a link to this and other threads?

RX MEMBER

Default Wnbf

This is from the chairman of the organization--- I pulled it off another site.. I am not sure if the statistics regarding the prize money is entirely accurate.. its a general promotional article more or less.

The WNBF: A proud tradition

In 1990, a new era of bodybuilding dawned. The Pro Natural Mr. Universe was contested in Minneapolis, Minn. becoming the first WNBF competition. Thanks to the vision of WNBF President Mr. Cheh N. Low, natural bodybuilders now had an opportunity to move out of the amateur ranks and compete for prize money in a drug-free arena.
    Since then, the WNBF has awarded more than $1 million dollars in prize money to dedicated athletes around the world. Every WNBF bodybuilder, figure competitor and Ms. Fit Body participant is polygraphed and provides samples for urinalysis before every WNBF competition.
    These procedures reinforce the WNBF policies requiring athletes be seven years drug-free prior to the event. A strict banned substance list clearly defines what is banned. Not only are anabolic steroids, prescription diuretics and growth hormone illegal for use in WNBF competition, but many over-the-counter supplements as well.
    With affiliates in Switzerland, Italy, Australia, Germany, Japan, Canada and the Caribbean, the WNBF is a worldwide organization. Several events are held in cooperation with the U.S. Military at bases throughout the United States, Germany, Iraq and Korea.
    The natural bodybuilding movement has grown in recent years and drug-free athletes are receiving more exposure and opportunities than ever. This would not have been possible without the WNBF laying the foundation 20 years ago.
    Prior to the formation of the WNBF, natural athletes received little media coverage and even less interest for product endorsements. Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness magazine provided the natural movement with a voice and covered drug-free events at a time that no one else would.
    Now, many WNBF athletes have attained paid sponsorhips with major supplement companies, appeared on network television and have been the subject of film documentaries - things not possible before 1990.
    The legacy of the WNBF will be that it reshaped the bodybuilding world and created an arena for those who chose to compete naturally, without compromise. And that legacy continues to grow.

"A little anarchy is good for the soul"

www.wnbf.net

Quote Originally Posted by Karuk View Post
    I wonder if anyone from the natty organizations read the boards to monitor how people feel about them? Maybe someone should sent them a link to this and other threads?
    Karuk, I'm sure there are...lol. I've had the "natty police" from one federation in particular that didn't like what I had to say. All I was doing was defending the competitor and it apparently created a stir within the federation and amongst the competitors. It got back to me ironically, from the competitor that I was defending. She didn't know it was me that wrote that (I admitted it to her later on), but it goes to show what this federation will do to keep their athletes in a "stable."

Needless to say, this competitor will now be competing with the NPC.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thAveGym View Post
    Since then, (1990) the WNBF has awarded more than $1 million dollars in prize money to dedicated athletes around the world.
    Look @ this link, particularly 1995 and 1999. This year (like the last 2 years) there will be 3 men's classes @ the world championships. Class winners will receive $2500 while the overall winner will receive an additional $3500. Not bad, but when you consider inflation, expenses, the fact that you are "exclusive" to them, etc. it's kind of a slap in the face. Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but I don't think I am completely off of my rocker with this assessment.

http://www.wnbf.net/history.html

RX MEMBER

Maybe the actual natty competitors need to organize and do their own contests. If a guy or gal is not competing in a particular contest they would be involved in helping with a comp in their area. If they are competing they are exempt from helping.

I don't compete but would help at a show if needed (no schmoe or homo). Most people who follow the sport would be happy to help. It is one of those rare opportunities to be around like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuk View Post
    Maybe the actual natty competitors need to organize and do their own contests. If a guy or gal is not competing in a particular contest they would be involved in helping with a comp in their area. If they are competing they are exempt from helping.

I don't compete but would help at a show if needed (no schmoe or homo). Most people who follow the sport would be happy to help. It is one of those rare opportunities to be around like minded people.
    It's being done as we speak, Karuk. In the words of toddbz, if you don't like a certain organization, there are plenty to pick from out there. I know of one particular organization that I compete in that have their shows run by competitors. Needless to say, their shows are successful across the board. Why? Because the show is run by competitors, so they think like competitors. From the venue to the judging panel to the goodie bag; everything is run the way it should be. Everybody leaves happy; tired, yes, but happy.

A friend of mine made her pro debut with this organization this past weekend. When it was all said and done, she had nothing but fantastic things to say about her experience. Needless to say, she will be competing with this federation from this point on.

When I promote my first show, it will be with this federation. Running a show is not easy-far from it. To know that the competitors and fans get the most out of their experience is something I cherish and hopefully I can contribute to down the road.

RX MEMBER

I remember reading in Natural Bodybuilding & Fitness that one of their WNBF pros had won ten pro shows & had won a little over $10,000 for those shows. Ten grand for ten shows? That won't even cover the expenses to get to those shows & back home again. And that's for the winner!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast