Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Slingshot Training!!!

There's a lot of theories on how to make maximum muscle gains while using anabolic steroids. You do not need steroid cycles that are so complicated that you would need a degree in bio-chemistry to figure them out. I want to share with everyone what I have learned in 24 years of experience as both a bodybuilder and personal trainer. I have seen a lot in my days!
    Feel free to ask me any questions concerning steroid cycles, etc in this thread. I see a lot of the same old questions being asked and I want to hand out some sound advise for those wanting to know what I have found to work best. It's really quite simple. KEEP ANABOLIC STEROID CYCLES/PRO-HORMONE CYCLES AT 8 WEEKS!

Take care,
    Ronnie Rowland

Slingshot Training Overview and Cliff Notes:
    Slingshot Training entails blasting for as long as humanly possible before having to take time off from heavy training. A blast is composed of two training phases-a “reload” and a “deload”. The reload is a higher volume training phase that last 8 weeks and a deload is a lower volume training phase that can last 1 to 2 weeks. Slingshot training works by reloading with more volunme while your on an 8 week anabolic steroid cycle or 8 week pro-hormone cycle, etc. Anabolics have been shown to work best for appoximately 8 weeks. After that point, additional muscle gains slow dramatically and you would need to use higher amounts drugs or supplements to advance further. The problem with that approach is unwanted side effects. So in order to keep making maximum progress you come off a heavy cycle by lowering the amount of anabolics used, do a pct, or bridge with a small dose of anabolics for 1-2 weeks-all while reducing training volume and protein intake. This 1-2 week period of reducing volume and protein is called a deload and it encourages receptor sites to become more sensitive to anabolics so that when you return to another (steroid cycle/reload) you'll make more gains with less side effects. To recap: You use more training volume and take in more protein during your 8 week anabolic steroid cycles so you can get the most out of each cycle. This is your reload ! After the reload you begin deloading for 1-2 weeks by using less training volume, less anabolics and taking in less protein so you can return to another 8 week anabolic cycle/reload 1-2 weeks later and make continued progress. The cycle continues (reload/deload/reload/deload/reload/deload,etc)

Important Note: During 8 week reloads/8 week anabolic steroid cycles, you must be prepared to push training and protein intake to the limit. As you progress, anabolic dosages and calories must be increased in order to make continued gains!)

It’s up to you as an individual to find out how many sets work best for your body. I prefer 6-12 intense sets per body part once a week during reloads and only 3-6 intense sets during deloads. Experiment with your anabolic cycles to see which drugs/supplements work best. You will make your most gains during week 3,4,5 6,7, and 8! You must also experiment to see if you perform better by working each muscle once a week or twice a week as this also varies amongst each individual! It's no secret that the majority of people do best with once a week muscle training but there are some who tend to thrive on training each muscle twice a week with more frequency. For those of you who prefer twice a week muscle training you will still need to stay withing the guidleines I have suggest for training volume. This means no more than a maximum of 12 intense work sets total per week for any major muscle group.
    I strongly believe that changing your exercises constantly is a huge mistake. Doing so will not allow for SPECIFIC ADAPTATIONS to occur to their fullest. If you are changing exercises every time you train you will have no history of progress. Results can only be measured against your baseline exercises that give you the most bang for your buck. For example: squats for the thighs! Alternating leg presses with squats every other week would not be as beneficial as sticking with squats for most of your leg training sessions unless squatting every week caused joint pain. By using the same key exercises most, if not all the time (during reloads) your results will be better. It's during the deloads you should consider changing exercises! I WANT TO DRIVE THIS POINT HOME!!!!!!!!!

BLAST: You'll want you to put your focus on one long training phase called a "blast". During this blasting cycle you will perform 2 mini-cycles. I refer to them as a reload and a deload. A reload is high volume training cycle and a deload is low volume training cycle. The best plan is to reload for 8 weeks while using anabolic supplements then follow up with a 1-2 week deload while eliminating anabolic supplements or bridging. To simplify things you reload (high volume) for 8 weeks while the anabolics are working at full capacity then you deload (low volume) for 1-2 weeks once the body has reached a plateau with 8 weeks of anabolic usage and the higher volume training. The benefit of using higher volume training and taking in more protein during an 8 week anabolic steroid cycle works magic! Performing higher volume not only damages muscles, it also causes them to respond by activating genes in the nuceli of the muscle cells. During a reload/anabolic steroid or pro-hormone cycle you could do 12 sets once a week for your chest for 8 weeks or 6 sets twice a week for chest. Next, after doing high volume (12 sets total per week) for 8 weeks, you will deload for 2 weeks doing only half as many sets (6 sets once a week or 3 sets twice a week). During this two week deload you will reduce or eliminate anabolic supplements depending on what you are using).

Reloading and Deloading : I want to drive this point home so everyone understand the importance of proper periodization! The deload has nothing to do with the amount of weight or training intensity used, only the number of work sets changes. But, its good practive to use lower reps if your joints can handle it (4-8 reps) which means that you can bump up the weight if you are capable of doing so as the number of work sets will be reduced! Deloading allows for catch-up growth to occur that was stimulated during a Reload. I compare the gains made during the deload to the gains you'll make during the first 2 weeks after doing a show even though training has been reduced and you have come off of all or most anabolics. It takes higher volume training to blast the type-2 fibers to the utmost and this causes fatigue to accumulate. During intense periods of blasting, some of the gains made are delayed because the body isn’t capable of converting all the extra training into gains because more training is happening at the same time the body needs more rest for recovery. Once a deload is incorporated and the body fully-adapts, your Central Nervous System will recover and allow maximum gains in size-strength to occur. During a blast, you gain additional strength during a deload, then take these additonal strength gains and break down more muscle tissue during the following reload by performing more work sets while adding in anabolic supplements. This type of repetitive progress is the secret so many are in search of yet few have found!

Pro-bodybuilder’s would not be the size they are today if they lifted the same weights they started out with or used the same low volume programs they used as a beginner to get stronger! I am often asked, "is it really necessary to do both a deload and a reload during a blast"? My answer is yes! - “There are a lot of people who think they are making progressive strength gains but in reality they are stuck in a training rut using the same weight loads over and over again. They will keep returning to train hard but continue using the same weights they used last month while staying on high dosages of anabolic supplements year yet their genetic potential in strength is far from being reached. They get a massive pump with high volume but they do not get any stronger even though they never go off anabolics! On the other hand, there are people who think they are making progressive gains in muscle size because they are getting stronger but in reality their ability to max out muscle size for their genetic potential is not being reached because they are always performing low volume. They use the same low volume approach over and over again while neglecting to go for a serious pump. They also stay on high dosages of anabolics year round instead of cycling off for 1-2 weeks after each 8 week anabolic cycle. They will keep returning to the gym pushing heavy weight loads for only a set or two while making minimal gains in muscle size. Let me be clear, it takes both high volume and low volume to max out your genetic potential while simulataneously cycling anabolic dosages!”

A deload consist of performing about half as many sets while using the same intensity, weight loads and rep-ranges. The entire blast will consist of training each body part once a week or twice a week (depending on your preference) If you prefer once a week training then you can continue doing so indefintely. While some people prefer to train each muscle twice a week instead of once a week. If you fall into this category then you can train each muscle twice a week indefintely. After 2 months of training a muscle once a week you could benefit by switching over to training each muscle group twice a week during the next 8 week reload. Those of you who have been training each muscle group twice a week for 2 months can also benefit by swtiching over to training each muscle once a week during the next 8 week reload but again it's not manadory, but a good way to help prevent boredom/break plateaus!
    When training a muscle twice a week you will need to do one heavy training day (lower reps) during your first weekly workout and a lighter training day (higher reps) during second weekly workout. It’s also best to use different exercises on light days. Only when using the Slingshot Super Blast is being utilized should you stick with the same exercises for both heavy and light days (the way they trained in the Arnold era)! When you find you need time off from heavy training adn all anabolic supplements you can do a 1-2 week prime (active or non-active lay-off). A prime is a high rep/low volume/low intensity training phase or total lay-off from training that allows the joints/tendons/nervous system to recover so you can enter back into a blast with full-power. If you go on vacation, etc it would also be considered a prime. Its all depends on the individual how often a prime is needed. I like to do a 2 week prime about every 6 months or so.

Plateauing : A plateau effect will occur within 8 weeks with most steroids/anabolic supplement cycles. This is the perfect time to deload and decrease anabolics. Strength gains occur during a deload due to a rebound effect of stopping anabolics and by putting less demand on the nervous system/joints/tendons by training with only half the volume. The deload primes the body for future gains and allows you to get stronger/bigger during the next reload/anabolic cycle. Cycling in this manner increasing the effectiveness of every 8 week anabolic steroid or pro-hormone cycle. There's no value in going past 8 weeks of using anabolics unless you are cutting and getting ready for a show. Once an 8 week cycle is completed you would have to escelate anabolic dosages much higher to get additional results-hence more side effects would occur and over-training would manifest itself.

Work Sets:There's never a need in exceeding more than a total of 12 intense work sets for any body part each week. After around 12 intense work sets are completed the muscles stop firing. Doing upwards of 20 intense sets will result in injury and total burnout! All to often I see people thinking they need to do 20-25 work sets per muscle group. Now I want to drive this point home-"If you cannot break down your muscles to the max with 6-12 intense work sets total for the week (warm up sets not included) whether you train them once a week or twice a week you have a serious training problem"!

Slingshot Diet:

RELOAD DIET: During a reload you will need to increase protein! Do not exceed around 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight during a reload!

DELOAD DIET: During a deload less protein is needed. Protein intake will need to be reduced by .5 to 1 grams per pound of body weight. During a deload you will need to keep calories the same (maintenance level) so growth can occur or be maintained. Use mostly healthy dietary fats like olive oil and ***** 3's from various nuts and smart balance peanut butter to replace the protein calories that have been removed. However, carbs can remain the same in order to spare the lesser amounts of protein being taken in but if you need to get leaner before the next reload reduce the carbs. Reaching a sticking point after an 8 week reload is normal. The best way to overcome sticking points is by changing your routine with a deload. The reduced protein intake during a deload will improve insulin sensitivity because less protein will be converetd over to glucose and non-stop anabolic usage has been suggested to cause insulin resistance. When more protein/carbs are added during the next reload more amino acids will have the opportunity to be accepted by muscle cells when they are being broken down the most!

Carbs vs fats: In regards to the best diet plan for your body type you must figure out whether you do better on higher carbs or higher fats then go from there. Protein always remains high! If you do better on carbs then keep the fats lower. On the other hand, if you do better on less carbs and more fats keep the carbs lower. Some of you with a very fast metabolism may do better utilizing both a high carb and high fat diet. In that case it's good practiced to alternate protein/carb meals with mostly protein/fat meals to increase your ability to digest larger amounts of food.

PRIME: If you are over-trained you should begin each training cycle by using strategic de-conditioning (priming phase) over a 1-2 week time span. Total work sets and weight loads are reduced during the prime to make the muscle more responsive to the stimulus of weight training. Not training at all will do the same thing! This will help set up an environment for muscle growth to occur during the following blast!

Slingshot your way to the top!

The Slingshot Training System By Ronnie Rowland.”

WARNING: READ FIRST
    No liability is assumed by the author for information contained within. Anabolic steroids are illegal in many countries and are not condoned by the author. All readers, are advises that any form of supplements or drugs described may be illegal, prohibited, or used only with a doctors prescription. The author does not participate, advocate, or encourage in any illegal activities. Readers must consult with appropriate legal and medical authorities if not certain about what has been stated in this article. COPYRIGHTED BY Ronnie Rowland....

Introduction:
    When many weight lifters hit a plateau, what do they do? They begin to push even harder by adding more intensity to their routine. This kind of thinking is wrong because a muscle has to be exposed to something it is not used to doing without over-training the nervous system and joints. Adding intensity, by way of beyond failure training techniques, is widely known for producing frustrated bodybuilders! It's no secret that progressively adding more weight to every lift is a sure-fire way to increase total lean body mass, given the diet, training volume, and exercise selection is spot on. Almost everyone starts out using low volume. They grow at a phenomenal rate until the body adapts and quits responding. Because some feel the gains were so great using the lower volume approach, they begin to try and lift heavier weights while using the same program for extended periods of time. They put continued pressure on themselves to try to beat personal records each training session in hopes it will somehow further their muscle mass. Unfortunately, they end up with nothing more than chronic injuries and stagnation as a result.
    The intelligent trainer's switch-over to using more volume, while the less fortunate keep thinking less is always more! The next mistake comes into play by the trainees who have switched over to using the higher volume approach. Many become so overwhelmed with their newly found muscle mass after having increased the volume that they begin to reason with themselves thinking more must always be done from that point on. They quickly hit a point of diminishing returns and eventually develop over-use injuries and an over-trained nervous system, instead of reverting back to using a lower amount of volume that worked so well at the beginning.
    Sometimes their training will take the form of more sets-reps, exercises, intensity, training sessions, etc. Some are in constant search for the latest routines that will shock their muscles even further. However, all this does is hold them back even more because no one can overcome diminishing returns or keep using the same routine for extended periods of time and expect to make good gains. Slingshot Training helps you overcome both of these dilemmas by employing both low volume and high volume during the appropriate time frames!
    ** As someone who lifts weights, you will be going up against giants. In biblical times David used a "slingshot" to destroy his largest opponent of all, Goliath. Slingshot Training will dramatically change your physique in a short amount of time, trust me on this one.* *
    Every time I browse the internet it’s the same old question being asked over and over again; “What’s the best training routine to gain lean muscle mass and strength?” Many of you are jumping from program to program and it’s not really making any noticeable differences in your strength or appearance. Some of you were making gains but have now reached a plateau. Others believe that a properly structured routine won’t really make much difference in comparison to other training programs and you tend to be either an obsessive-compulsive high volume trainees (always going for a pump) or an obsessive-compulsive low volume trainees (always trying to gain more strength). If you fall into any of these categories, I want to share with you what I have found optimal for making forward progress as a weight lifter.
    First, not everything that works is good. You can be sincere in what you believe and still be wrong. So far, so good, doesn’t mean you’re not going to have some serious issues with joint and tendon pain later on down the road. All too often a hero on this months muscle magazine turns into a zero a few months down the road because they become injured and can no longer train. Listen carefully, opinions and trends come and go. I get a head ache just thinking about all the high-intensity training techniques such as pre-exhaustion, forced reps, heavy negatives, down the rack, rest-pause, super sets, drop sets, and the list goes on, and on!
    Let me be clear, various training techniques have nothing to do with genetic capabilities. There is not one single variable that is the total downfall of not being able to gain more muscle size. Forced reps, rest pause, drop sets; etc will all depict some form of muscular hypertrophy. However, a major problem (other than these techniques being less effective at stimulating muscular size-strength and putting more strain on the joints, tendons, and CNS) is that they take in a much selected group of principles and apply them. The theory of combining all different training techniques to increase muscle hypertrophy is short-sighting the way the human body responds. If genetics dictated the needs for a different training style, then some could use rest-pause or drop-sets and get bigger/stronger than what they could obtain with straight sets, and we know this is not the case! Time has proven that the genetically superior will respond better to all forms of training methods when compared to the genetically inferior. Simply changing the way you create damage by employing various beyond failure training methods does not alter the fact that overtraining of the CNS and joints/tendons will out pace muscular damage. So, it all boils down to finding that one training method that’s not only the most effective for all genetic types, but the safest. It just so happens that straight sets is that one training method. In final, straight sets is the superior training style that out does all the rest when periodized properly!
    * * Just because something has been shown to work doesn't mean it’s the best way**

A lot of talented people fail because they don't have a strong work ethic or they get poor information and stick too it. It's very important to get the right information. Do some investigating. Our projection of things is how all of us make our decisions. And all too often, people tend to believe something just because they have heard others say it over and over again. You must resist letting others condition or brainwash you into believing something that is not altogether true. Be skeptical when someone is trying to sell you something. It pays to be defensive because there is always something being promoted as "new and amazing" that turns out to be pure garbage. I'm not telling you that Slingshot Training is the only one way to success, or that all other training systems are wrong. I'm all about teaching others what I have found to be optimal. I get tired of all the silly debates on the internet that means absolutely nothing. For every article debunking a certain method, 25 can be found supporting it. Studies are fine, and theories are great, but reality hits hard and the paper studies that are put out become worthless when the truth is finally revealed. When someone gives the default answer "Well there's not an effective off-season program that will work for everyone in terms of maxing out their genetics potential," I realize they are basically admitting they do not understand how the human body responds to outside stimuli. The big picture is learning what it takes to create an effective progressive over-load (lift more weight) without getting injured and then taking those strength gains and proceeding forward to create a true progressive over-load (performing more sets with heavier weight loads) without developing over-use injuries and over-training. Add the proper nutrition into the mix and that’s how you get results. I refer to this as using a slingshot approach (hurling intensity to the muscles). Link showing pro and cons of low volume and high volume training- [ame="http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=394378"]Bring Back Hard Work and Volume Training - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums[/ame]
    ## Taking it to the edge is what it's all about##

If you gain strength but fail to gain some muscle size over time, it’s because you are not eating enough calories. If you gain strength by way of decreasing training volume (deload) but neglect to increase training volume (reload) during a period of using more calories to put on weight, you will gain more body fat and less muscle size. Combining more volume with extra calories and increased strength gains is what causes maximum growth Then you must periodize these 3 factors so progress and recuperation can be made year round. Training has to do with adaptation. Volumes, Intensity, Frequency and Strength have their limitations. None of them are infinite. For e.g.; If you perform 1 intense set of heavy barbell curls twice a week, the neural pathways will eventually adjust themselves by getting stronger so they can handle an even heavier weight load next time you train. Yes, the biceps will get stronger, but not a lot bigger. Stay with me here! When you take advantage of the added strength gains made by using less volume (deload) and then co-mingle those added strength gains with additional training volume (reload) while not over-training, you can be assured you will grow bigger muscles. That is how you create a true progressive overload! You can use all the fancy beyond failure training methods such as drop sets and rest-pause for hours on end and never create a true progressive overload because limitless adaptation equals a heavier workload in conjunction with additional volume to breakdown down more muscle tissue, while never going past the point of diminishing returns. A progressive over-load and a true progressive over-load are not one in the same. Creating a progressive over-load is brought forth by being able to lift more weight using the same form, amount of work sets, and rest periods between sets. A true progressive over-load (a phrase I coined) is also brought forth when you can lift more weight using the same form, and rest periods between sets, but the amount of work sets performed must be greater than what’s required to produce a progressive over-load! After each subsequent set that follows the first work set, the type-1 fibers tire out earlier in the set and the type 2 fibers that are most responsible for giving you muscle size-strength take over the load for longer periods of time. By the time you have done only 2-3 intense sets, the endurance fibers are shutting down much earlier in the set and it's mostly the type-2 fibers lifting the weight. This is why volume training works well for pro-bodybuilders. The type-2 fibers must be made to adapt to lift more weight for longer periods of time in order to grow larger. In order to accomplish this feat, you must handle heavier weights over time. By training each bodypart only once a week as a "baseline," you will produce the most size gains with the least amount of effort, all while sparing the joints and central nervous system. Once the body adapts to once a week bodypart training you'll want to periodically hit each muscle group twice a week in order to keep progressing forward at the fastest rate humanly possible! Always training each muscle group once a week or always training a muscle group twice a week stops being the most productive way to train for the more advanced bodybuilder. Once the muscles have fully adapted to the training frequency it should be changed if you are to continue to force the body to adapt. When done correctly this leads to further growth and strength gains! It takes 6-8 weeks for full-adaptation to occur when using anabolics. Full-adaptation is what you want so go with 8 weeks! A longer reload gives the body more time to adjust and you will hold onto the muscle better! LET'S RECAP-THERE IS NO SET LIMIT ON HOW LONG YOU CAN BLAST. THE KEY IS TO DELOAD AND RELOAD THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BLAST AND THEN DO A 1-2 WEEK PRIME WHEN TOTAL BURN OUT OR A NAGGING INJURY OCCURS.

Straight sets

I am of the opinion that all beyond failure training techniques are just an egotistical way to promote a radically different training method! I have developed an advanced training system that will work for anyone that is willing to give it a chance. It goes against a lot of the Muscle Mag Dogma that’s continually being rehashed. There’s no rest-pause, drop sets, super sets, forced reps, etc. Many training systems sound whacky because they are whacky! If you do something extreme, it’s going to be something you can’t live with so it’s bound to fail. No one has nor will they ever, devise a training technique that will work as good as straight sets for building size and strength. There’s a very good reason that most veterans in this sport have stopped using extreme training techniques. It doesn’t matter if beyond failure training techniques are used in the lower rep-ranges or the higher rep-ranges because the burn and stress still carries over to the vulnerable joints and tendons-hence greatly increasing your odds of developing tendonitis and tearing a tendon. Using beyond failure training methods like rest-pause, forced reps and drop sets will force you to train with less volume and weight. Therefore, you won’t be able to keep the training volume and weight loads high enough for a long enough period to experience maximum muscular growth.

## As far as all beyond failure techniques such as strip sets, forced reps, rest-pause or whatever, after you do them the first time, you cannot go above and beyond the work you did last time without over-training or causing injury##

Power-lifters and those who compete in the world’s strongest man competitions are some of the largest men to ever walk on the face of this planet. They obtain their massiveness by utilizing nothing other than straight sets. Every training method other than straight sets has fallen short of what I consider optimal for providing fast, safe, and efficient results. There has never been any evidence to show that any training method regardless of how many bells and whistles it comes equipped with can increase your muscle mass and strength as efficiently as straight sets. Trust me on this one! Who do you think would make the most gains; a guy who does 4 sets of 10 reps using 400 lbs on the vertical leg press machine or the guy who does 1 triple drop set using 400 lbs, 350 lbs, 300 lbs and finally 270 lbs? The obvious answer is the guy who used more weight on all 4 sets. Why? Because straight sets allows you the power to lift a greater weight-load range. With beyond failure techniques such as drop sets, you’re basically breaking down less muscle tissue yet annihilating the nervous system and joints. The same rule applies to rest-pause training as well because with each subsequent set you are using fewer reps with the same amount of weight. A rest-paused set done in the 8-12 rep range will not create the same kind of strength gains that are obtained by using a straight set for 4-6 reps simply because you cannot lift heavy when training near the point of non-stop. Straight sets give you the best of both worlds because it allows you to stay within the bodies recovery limits while building maximum size and strength. Using beyond failure training methods will force you to train with less volume-hence you won’t be able to keep the training volume high enough to experience maximum muscular growth. Extremely long and intense workouts are what causes over-training "NOT" frequent training sessions or even twice a day training sessions.

* * There’s a lot to be said for being logically consistent* *

The problem with always using very intense low volume training and/or intense beyond failure training methods to gain muscle is that you are supposed to keep using more and more weight or perform more reps with the same weight until you get to the upper limit of whatever rep-range you have for the various exercises you are utilizing. That works for beginners but not for those of you who are more advanced. Anyone can make continued strength gains for the first year or two of training, but if you have been training for 5 years using a good training system, how much stronger do you think you are really going to become? Trust me, there is a limit you will reach! If not, then everyone of you reading this who have been lifting for 5 years would be bench pressing 500 pounds plus for 10 reps and that's not the way it works. Only the genetically gifted are able to bench press 500 pounds plus for 10 reps in good form! Most of you who have trained hard-heavy for multiple years have injuries of some form and have to be careful to not flare up old injuries. If you try to lift even heavier weights by employing intense beyond failure training methods such as rest-pause or forced reps, you are just going to get hurt even worse. Bodybuilding and powerlifting are two different things and you will do well to remember this. Just because I have been using 160 lbs on lying tricep extensions for the past two years does not mean I am not making forward progress as a bodybuilder! My tricep tendons can only handle so much pressure until they give way. So, by adding work sets and changing the frequency in which my triceps are stimulated, I get a rapid training effect as an advanced trainer without having to keep increasing the weight I lift or upping the intensity past momentary muscular failure. Those bodybuilder's who claim you must lift heavier weights every single week are either being dishonest or living in Fantasy Land. Low volume bodybuilders always hit a plateau and then they have no safe place to turn in order to put on more size! Proper periodization with nutrition, straight sets and supplements are the best route to take as an advanced weight trainer whether you are training for size, strength or both.

Important Note: Researchers from Truman State University (Kirksville Missouri) investigated whether the amount of rest taken between sets had an impact on the immune system/CNS. What they found was something I have known for some time: "Nine male college students performed two workouts of 10 sets of 10 reps of the leg press, resting either 1 minute or 3 minutes between sets. They found that the one-minute rest periods caused more strain on the subjects immune systems compared to 3-minute rest periods". The graphs shown in this article suggest that higher-intensity training techniques by way of shortening rest periods by only 2 minutes increases strain on the immune by an extra 60% on the Lymphocytes scale and 40% on the Monocytes scale. Now just imagine how much more of an increase you would get by using beyond failure techniques! Heavy compound exercises like the squat will take longer to recover from than isolation exercises such as biceps curls. When you go to good failure on very demanding compound movements, you may need to wait around 4 minutes between sets. It depends on how large the muscle group and with how much weight you are pushing. For example; you wont need to wait as long between sets for shoulder presses as you will deadlifts.

Regardless of what anyone claims, no ones body does well moving rapidly between sets or pushing beyond failure. It's just not as effective for increasing weight load-range and workload capacity as common power-lifting fundamentals. If so, every power-lifter and strongman on the face the planet would be using beyond failure training techniques instead of straight sets and we know that’s not the case. When over-training of the CNS occurs you are exhausting all the neurotransmitters in the nerves so that now they have trouble telling the muscles how to contract with optimum efficiency. People who make the mistake of training with more intensity by shortening their rest time between sets will become over-trained. Handling maximum weight places a tremendous stress upon the nervous system, which takes longer to recover than muscles. For example, cranking out 145 pounds for 8 repetitions puts less stress on your body than pushing 350 pounds for 8 repetitions. Your muscles grow, but your CNS and joints do not!

Bodybuilding is about applying stress to the targeted areas. The form and rep ranges to be used for bodybuilding is a bit different than power-lifting. With compound movements, bodybuilders should smoothly explode the weight faster with full power after completing approximately one fourth of the complete repetition. It should take you about a second and a half to complete the positive stroke when performing heavy compound movements. With isolation movements, you should wait and move the weight faster at about the half way point of the repetition. With full-stretch exercises the muscle and tendons are easily damaged with sudden burst at the beginning of the movement. With isolation movements the positive stroke should take you around 1 and a half to 2 seconds to complete! The controlled negative should be around 2 seconds for both categories of exercises. The positive stroke should be somewhat explosive yet controlled to the point it's working the muscles to the fullest extent. Moving the weight too slow (for i.e. a 3 second positive and a 4 second negative) won't allow you to use enough weight to fully break down the type 2 muscle fibers due to lactic acid build-up. As you approach the end of a work set, you'll need to increase the explosiveness within each repetition (not speed of the repetition itself) as your muscle begin to fatigue and build up lactic acid. Do not fall victim of using very slow reps to try and gain additional muscle size. This means avoiding the use of slow negatives, slow positives or both. The only time you can gain more muscle mass by converting to slow reps is if you have been under-training or using very poor form. In these particular cases it's the increase in time under tension, not the slow reps that are actually making the difference. The secret to increasing the recruitment of the powerful fast twitch muscle fibers is using a controlled negative and the fastest positive rep speed possible while delivering maximum stress to the targeted area. Then, simply increase the amount of weight you can lift in conjunction with extra time under tension during the appropriate periods.

Editors Note: I am all for using a very controlled negative (around 1-2 seconds) but against super slow negatives only with heavy weight. Slow twitch fibers fibers have a very small growth capacity so do not waste your time doing super sets, giants sets,strip sets etc! High reps or beyond failure technigues as described can increase muscle increase and build some new capillaries but contractile fibers (what you are after) need heavy weights and a slow controlled negatives. Rapidly stretching a muscle will reduce the time of the negative contraction. Thus, bodybuilders should strive to exploit all of the possible muscle stimulation benefits of the negative stroke by controlling the negative portion with a deliberate movement. Muscle tears can occur during the negative portion of the movement. This is when the muscle lengthens under the weight load. Performing your movements with a controlled negative of around 2 seconds actually helps protect against muscle injuries. During the last set of each exercise I strongly recommend fuly taxing the muscle by using a slower negative of around 4 seconds on exercises that are feasible. The advantages of controlling the negative are 3 fold:

1) It keeps you from using excessive momentum during the transition phase between the negative and positive portions of the movement.
    2) The muscle adapts to the negative portion and builds up its resistance for injury during a negative part of the movement.
    3) As with the positive stroke, controlling the negative causes your muscle to grow bigger and stronger.

Using heavy negatives, super slow negatives and/or negative training only should be avoided because the muscle damage experienced by this kind of training is very similar to the very thing you should be trying to avoid-(muscle strain)! In addition, attempting to perform a very slow negative produces a lot of lactic acid in the muscles-hence reducing your ability to push maximal weight on the positive contraction. Feeling the negative stroke and stretch should be treated with the same importance of feeling the squeeze and contraction during the positive stroke because both actions increase strength and size. If you avoid feeling the negative you’re missing out on your potential for increasing maximum muscle size and strength. Make sure to control the movement of each repetition to ensure that you generate both size and strength with both the positive and negative.

Thanks for the great programme really interested in giving it a go. Just wondering when would you actually do a full PCT cause it seems you are saying that your only off 1-2 weeks every 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by tyedtye View Post
    Thanks for the great programme really interested in giving it a go. Just wondering when would you actually do a full PCT cause it seems you are saying that your only off 1-2 weeks every 8 weeks
    You are going to be surprised at how well Slingshot Training works!

Here's a link that should answer any questions you have regarding PCT. If not, then just ask in this thread and I can explain things in more detail. [ame="http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=402776"]You'll want to read this! - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums[/ame]

You are going to be surprised at how Slingshot Training works!

Here's a link that should answer any questions you have regarding PCT. If not, then just ask in this thread and I can explain things in more detail. [ame="http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=402776"]You'll want to read this! - Anabolic Steroids - Steroid.com / Anabolic Review Forums[/ame]

You are going to be surprised at how well Slingshot Training works!

Thanks for getting back to me. I agree with what your saying about losing mass from time on = time off method just a little worried I will have to wait on gear for the rest of my life as if I take it staight for years I may never regain natural levels

Thanks for getting back to me. I agree with what your saying about losing mass from time on = time off method just a little worried I will have to wait on gear for the rest of my life as if I take it staight for years I may never regain natural levels
    Then you would need to do an occasional 8 week reload without anabolics so your own testosterone levels will kick in.

Thanks for the advice really appreciate it. I will get cracking on the programme and keep you posted thanks again.

PENCILNECK

Default Impressive

WOW RONNIE! I HEARD SOME OF THE BROTHERS OVER AT PROFESSIONAL MUSCLE AND THE ANABOLIC REVIEW BOARD TALKING ABOUT THIS SLINGSHOT TRAINING SYSTEM.

WHAT I JUST READ APPEARS TO BE THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO TRANSFORMING A PHYSIQUE, WRITTEN BY ONE OF THE SPORTS LONG TIME LEADING EXPERTS. THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE TRAINING SYSTEM I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SINCE I TOOK UP BODYBUILDING. WITHOUT DOUBT
    ONE OF THE BEST ARTICLES EVER WRITTEN ABOUT WEIGHT TRAINING, NUTRITION AND HOW TO USE ANABOLICS STEROIDS.

I AM GOING TO ENCOURAGE SOME OF OUR LOCAL COMPETITORS TO TRY THIS RELOAD,DELOAD.

I'LL BE ASKING YOU SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS SLINGHSOT TRAINING IF THAT WOULD BE COOL WITH YOU?

CHEERS!

PENCILNECK

first question ronnie,

when reloading must more anabolics be used with each consecutive reload?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG View Post
    first question ronnie,

when reloading must more anabolics be used with each consecutive reload?
    No..An increase in dosages is always your last resort.

PENCILNECK

ronnie, what's your advice for ectomorph's. Endomorph's and mesomorph's in terms of work sets needed for each muscle group and how is it that some proffesional bodybuilders are capable in doing 20 sets for quads "according to magazine articles" and not pass out or over-train in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG View Post
    ronnie, what's your advice for ectomorph's. Endomorph's and mesomorph's in terms of work sets needed for each muscle group and how is it that some proffesional bodybuilders are capable in doing 20 sets for quads "according to magazine articles" and not pass out or over-train in the process?
    I do not believe somatotypes dictate how many sets to perfrom. I feel it's an individual thing as long as more than 12 intense work sets per muscle group are not utlized each week.

You've got to read between the lines regarding magazine articles written about pro-bodybuilder's. It may be written that someone is doing 4 different exercises totalling 20 sets but in reality many of those sets are just warm up sets-hence having nothing to do with stimulating muscle growth. I have never seen anyone who could recover from 20 intense work sets for quads.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie rowland View Post
    i do not believe somatotypes dictate how many sets to perfrom. I feel it's an individual thing as long as more than 12 intense work sets per muscle group are not utlized each week.

You've got to read between the lines regarding magazine articles written about pro-bodybuilder's. It may be written that someone is doing 4 different exercises totalling 20 sets but in reality many of those sets are just warm up sets-hence having nothing to do with stimulating muscle growth. I have never seen anyone who could recover from 20 intense work sets for quads.
    you make sense ronnie. Thank you.

during these deloads how is it that gains are made? Are these anabolic cycles considered 8 weeks or 10 weeks?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast