Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG View Post
    you make sense ronnie. Thank you.

during these deloads how is it that gains are made? Are these anabolic cycles considered 8 weeks or 10 weeks?
    When you reduce volume it allows for catch up growth to occur. In other words, after you have reloaded for 8 weeks the body will adapt and the CNS becomes somewhat over-trained. During the 2 week deload the CNS fully recovers-hence allowing muscle growth to finalize.

It's actually 10 week cycles. 8 weeks of hitting it hard and 2 weeks of tapering or cruising.

PENCILNECK

Will you please explain how Slingshot Training differs from DC Training and Fst-7?

Thank you in advance. You are great!

Slingshot Training and DC Training have some similarities:

1) DC Training involves relaoding for 6-8 weeks then cruising (using less volume and intensity) for 7-10 days. Slingshot Training entails reloading for 8 weeks then deloading (using less volume while still training with great intensity) for 1-2 weeks.
    2) DC Training involves extreme stretching. Slingshot Training believes like FST-7 that extra training volume does more for stretching out fascia.
    3) DC Training believes in using a controlled negative like Slingshot which breaks down more muscle tissue. DC utilizes rest-pause and only 1 set per body part where as with Slingshot you use enough volume to fit your needs while avoiding beyond failure techniques like rest-pause to help prevent strain on the CNS and joints.Slingshot Training is 6-12 total work sets per body part each total. Less can be performed though when taining oly 2-3 times per week.
    4) DC is set up to hit the muscle with more frequency than once a week-hence separating it from mainstream HIT Training. Slingshot Training is set up where the individual can train each muscle with more frequency like DC or train them only once a week like FST-7. Or one can switch back and forth between once a week muscle training and twice a week muscle training as they see fit.Most people do best with once a week training.
    Note: Overall, I like the way DC is set up but I believe more volume is needed for bodybuilding. I am of the opinion that both pump and strength gains are best for body builders( not just strength gains like DC teaches). I dis-like rest-pause training with a passion and if I were to use DC I would just do straight sets and increase volume which again could be defined as Slingshot Training.

Slingshot Training and F-ST7 are pretty much the same in exception to a few things:

1) For example, with FST-7 you would wait only 30 second between 6 sets of high rep leg extension at the end of your quad workout. With Slingshot Training you would wait longer between sets to allow for the use of more weight. Slingshot Training will not only stretch out the fascia as much as FST-7, it allows for the use of more weight for isolation movements which I feel is essential for increasing muscle mass/definition. FST-7 uses straight sets like Slingshot Training.

2) With FST-7 it's my understanding there is never a deload-hence over-training is going to occur easier. Slingshot Training involves a 1-2 week deload after 8 weeks of higher volume training. 8 weeks allows full-adaptation to occur then you decrease volume for a week or two to prevent staleness.
    <DIV style="MARGIN: 5px 20px 20px">
    3) With FST-7 there is no limit in how many work sets one can do for each body part. Slingshot Training involves stopping at no more than 12 intense work sets because at that point the muscle stops firing with efficiency. This helps prevent over-training and joint problems. However, like Slingshot, FST-7 does not need large amounts of volume to work. I'm not sure where the cut off point for volume is though?

NOTE: Overall I like FST-7 a lot and it closely resembles STS (probably more than any other training program out right now). Both STS and FST-7 are being used by top-level. DC Training is popular for those who have a limited time to train but Slingshot can be modified to do the same.

hey ronnie ,
    my que is regarding the eating part during a reload.... for example if i am 200 pounds with 10 percent bodyfat and wish to go upto 210 pounds at the end of the reload
    so will it be a good idea to calculate my macronutrients according to the target wt and not the present wt and keep eating up to the target wt .........

210 x 2 = 420 grams of protienx4= 1680
    210 x 0.5=105 grams of fatx9= 945
    210 x 2= 420 frams of carbs= 1680

total= 4305 calories /day and if needed one can twist these ratios (fats and carbs)
    if the person is carb sensitive

and then during the deload (2 weeks) period one can only have his mentainenece calories
    body wt x 13 or 14...

wud appreciate your advice
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mr intensity View Post
    hey ronnie ,
    my que is regarding the eating part during a reload.... for example if i am 200 pounds with 10 percent bodyfat and wish to go upto 210 pounds at the end of the reload
    so will it be a good idea to calculate my macronutrients according to the target wt and not the present wt and keep eating up to the target wt .........

210 x 2 = 420 grams of protienx4= 1680
    210 x 0.5=105 grams of fatx9= 945
    210 x 2= 420 frams of carbs= 1680

total= 4305 calories /day and if needed one can twist these ratios (fats and carbs)
    if the person is carb sensitive

and then during the deload (2 weeks) period one can only have his mentainenece calories
    body wt x 13 or 14...

wud appreciate your advice
    thank you
    Yes, this is how it's done! If you cannot get down 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight daily then try reducing it to 1.5. One thing that can help you get in more protein is to drink it as opposed to chewing. My favorite way to get in extra protein is through drinking liquid egg whites mixed with a scoop of protein powder. It taste like a desert and really helps put on size. Just take it slowly with the egg whites until your stomach adjust. If you get carried away upfront it can give you heartburn,etc.

For leaner gains you may need to decrease carbs and increase healthy fats. I would aslo highly recommend cutting off carbs in the evening and at night and taking in mostly protein/fats.

During the 2 week deload you reduce protein intake by half. From there you have two options: increase carb calories to replace protein calories or increase fat calories in place of protein calories.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Slingshot Training and DC Training have some similarities:

1) DC Training involves relaoding for 6-8 weeks then cruising (using less volume and intensity) for 7-10 days. Slingshot Training entails reloading for 8 weeks then deloading (using less volume while still training with great intensity) for 1-2 weeks.
    2) DC Training involves extreme stretching. Slingshot Training believes like FST-7 that extra training volume does more for stretching out fascia.
    3) DC Training believes in using a controlled negative like Slingshot which breaks down more muscle tissue. DC utilizes rest-pause and only 1 set per body part where as with Slingshot you use enough volume to fit your needs while avoiding beyond failure techniques like rest-pause to help prevent strain on the CNS and joints.Slingshot Training is 6-12 total work sets per body part each total. Less can be performed though when taining oly 2-3 times per week.
    4) DC is set up to hit the muscle with more frequency than once a week-hence separating it from mainstream HIT Training. Slingshot Training is set up where the individual can train each muscle with more frequency like DC or train them only once a week like FST-7. Or one can switch back and forth between once a week muscle training and twice a week muscle training as they see fit.Most people do best with once a week training.
    Note: Overall, I like the way DC is set up but I believe more volume is needed for bodybuilding. I am of the opinion that both pump and strength gains are best for body builders( not just strength gains like DC teaches). I dis-like rest-pause training with a passion and if I were to use DC I would just do straight sets and increase volume which again could be defined as Slingshot Training.

Slingshot Training and F-ST7 are pretty much the same in exception to a few things:

1) For example, with FST-7 you would wait only 30 second between 6 sets of high rep leg extension at the end of your quad workout. With Slingshot Training you would wait longer between sets to allow for the use of more weight. Slingshot Training will not only stretch out the fascia as much as FST-7, it allows for the use of more weight for isolation movements which I feel is essential for increasing muscle mass/definition. FST-7 uses straight sets like Slingshot Training.

2) With FST-7 it's my understanding there is never a deload-hence over-training is going to occur easier. Slingshot Training involves a 1-2 week deload after 8 weeks of higher volume training. 8 weeks allows full-adaptation to occur then you decrease volume for a week or two to prevent staleness.
    <DIV style="MARGIN: 5px 20px 20px">
    3) With FST-7 there is no limit in how many work sets one can do for each body part. Slingshot Training involves stopping at no more than 12 intense work sets because at that point the muscle stops firing with efficiency. This helps prevent over-training and joint problems. However, like Slingshot, FST-7 does not need large amounts of volume to work. I'm not sure where the cut off point for volume is though?

NOTE: Overall I like FST-7 a lot and it closely resembles STS (probably more than any other training program out right now). Both STS and FST-7 are being used by top-level. DC Training is popular for those who have a limited time to train but Slingshot can be modified to do the same.
    Thank you..

PENCILNECK

Ronnie, in your professional opinion, should one do post- cycle- therapy for 2 weeks after each 8 week reload or wait until a few 8 week reloads are complete before coming off steroids and starting post-cycle-therapy?

How would this work on long ester cycles? Like deca and test E or C?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG DOG View Post
    Ronnie, in your professional opinion, should one do post- cycle- therapy for 2 weeks after each 8 week reload or wait until a few 8 week reloads are complete before coming off steroids and starting post-cycle-therapy?
    Wait for at least 2-10 week cycles before coming off completely and doing a full pct.

Quote Originally Posted by Chev View Post
    How would this work on long ester cycles? Like deca and test E or C?
    It is designed to work with long acting esters. Try it and see for yourself!

hey ronnie,
    i have been reading your articles i they have really helped me in many ways...
    i was wondering if you have written anything regarding the role of central nervous system recovery in relation to muscle recovery and training... if yes then please provide me with a link... as i want to learn more about central nervous system and its relation with the muscle and training

wud really appreciate
    thank you

RX MEMBER

great comparison with the fst-7, good explanation

RX MEMBER

PENCILNECK

SHIT! That is way too much to read! I'll just stick to my year round.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast