Quote Originally Posted by DR.BB View Post
I am in my 40s and have been training for 25 years. For the past 5 years I constantly tear muscles. Both biceps are visibly a mess from tears; my quad has a quarter sized hole from a tear; I tore my triceps off the bone, and have an ongoing hamstring tear.
I was treated by a leading pro sports surgeon, who was nonjudgmental and very cool about trt, but he could only suggest that aas as a possible cause. Another doc (works with athletes) guessed high cortisol. My cortisol levels are slightly above the normal range. I took 11oxo (adrenosterone) for awhile and no change.

While I still train hard, I am very careful with form (never bounce weights and have a very controlled range of motion). So, I really don’t think it is form or from trying to lift heavy. I don’t use any crazy weights anymore. I can still do 20 plus reps with 315 on squats, for example, but train regularly with 225 or 275 max, and stop when I do 315 at 8-10. I once pulled my quad squatting 185! I take a week off every six to eight months, and train a body part once per week.

Every other month I tear a muscle, sometimes real small, other times enough to avoid training that muscle for a month or more. Sometimes I feel like my quads will tear walking up stairs, no joke. My biceps tighten up from routine activities including brushing my hair, again, no joke, It is fuck'd up. I take a multivitamin, D3, omega 3, 200mg/wk trt dose.
My question: have you ever heard of constant muscle tears?
Honestly, I have no idea why this would be happening to you. If you are having trouble with ADL's (activities of daily living) such as brushing your hair and walking up stairs, then you should visit your PCP and explain to him your problem. He/she might be able to run some test to try to figure this whole thing out. It certainly doesn't sound like a normal situation and should be further investigated. Sorry I can't be of any further help.