Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need 2 Sleep

PENCILNECK

Default Need 2 Sleep

Sleep is the most essential aspect of our well being and health.

Almost all cell regeneration and growth happens when we sleep. In other words, we rest and repair, when we sleep. When we don't get enough sleep, your body does not fully recover. When we don't fully recovery, it takes a toll on our health; your body and mind are not in its optimal state.

A lack of regular healthy sleep slows down everything from brain function, to muscle growth; its effects can be felt after just one night of poor sleep. When we don't get a good nights sleep, we feel mentally and physically sluggish, run down, and out of it.

Not only is it important to get sleep but it’s equally important to get GOOD SLEEP - uninterrupted healthy deep sleep! Often, we may sleep 8-12 hours and still wake up feeling like we got no rest at all. This is because we did not fall into a deep enough restful sleep and stay there long enough.

Need 2 sleep is a 3 punch combo of ingredients designed to:

Promote relaxation
    Promote deep restful sleep
    Wake up fully rested
    Promotes more natural energy during the day
    Faster recovery from more intense workouts

There are 2 basic stages in the sleep process: REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep and NREM (non-REM) sleep. NREM sleep is divided further into four sleep stages, numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4. Normal sleep begins with stage 1 and progresses into 2, 3 and 4, getting deeper with each stage. The deepest sleep is achieved at stages 3 and 4. (This is also the stage during which HGH and melatonin is released by the pineal gland). The fifth stage, which is actually lighter, is REM sleep, during which dreaming occurs.

The different sleep stages are also referred to as S-sleep (synchronized EEG pattern sleep) and D-sleep (desynchronized EEG pattern sleep). D-sleep is the same as REM, or dream sleep. S-sleep is another name for NREM, (also known as orthodox or quiet sleep).

The five stages of sleep:

Stage 1: As we fall asleep, we enter the transition state called stage 1 and begin our first "sleep cycle". This very light sleep stage usually lasts 2-5 minutes. If sleep remains undisturbed it will progress to stage 2 sleep. Stage 1 contributes 2-5 % of normal sleep, (but increases hugely in cases of insomnia and disorders that produce frequent arousal such as apnea).

Stage 2:This is a much deeper sleep than stage 1. The brain waves go into theta mode, and lead into stages 3 and 4 in around 10-20 minutes. Stage 2 sleep occupies approximately 50-65% of our sleep time, lasting 15-30 minutes in each cycle. During the latter part of the night we spend more and more time alternating between stages 2 & REM sleep.

Stage 3: - A deeper sleep than stage 2. The muscles are relaxed, heart rate slows down, blood pressure falls, and breathing is steady. Brain activity slows down dramatically from the theta pattern of stage 2 to a much slower rhythm of 1 to 2 cycles per second called 'delta', and the height, or amplitude, of the waves increases.

Stage 4: - The deepest sleep of all, during which a sleeping person is 'dead to the world'. Blood pressure and heart rate fluctuate and the sleeper's brain heats up. Delta sleep is characterized by very high voltage slow brain waves. It is similar to being in a coma, but unlike a coma, it's reversible. As we transverse these first four stages of sleep, our respiration and heart rate slow and the body is almost immobile.

Stage 5: - REM (rapid eye movement). All of a sudden, after 20-30 minutes of slow wave sleep, we transfer back into stage 2, and almost immediately change gears into very active brain wave pattern known as REM sleep. Simultaneous with this transfer into REM, our respiration and heart rate increases substantially and we lose our ability to use our postural or skeletal muscle. The first REM period lasts only about ten minutes. After that, the sleeper goes back into a deep stage 4 sleep. Again, the sleeper returns into a REM stage after a short period, and cycles through REM and stage 4 continue until the sleeper awakens. Along with this, our brain becomes so activated that we start to hallucinate and dream. Our eyes move as they do in our waking state, and relative to what we are dreaming. In effect, we are at this stage, a highly activated brain in a paralyzed body. This paradoxical state will last 10-20 minutes and then we "fall" back down into stage 2 again.

What’s in Need 2 Sleep?

The first ingredient in Need 2 Sleep is Valerian root. The major constituents of Valerian root include: sesquterpenoids, valepotriates, bornyl acetate, and valerenic acid. Multiple compounds in valerian root have pharmacologic activity. Valerenic acid has been shown to inhibit enzyme-induced breakdown and the inhibition of reuptake of the inhibitory neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba) in the brain. Basically, this means that the brain chemical GABA can last longer and lead to sedation. Valerenic acid, an active constituent of valerian root extract, stimulates chloride currents through GABA ( A) receptors. Valerenic acid is a subunit specific allosteric modulator of GABA (A) receptors that most likely interacts with the loreclezole binding pocket.

Clinical research shows that valerian root improves overall sleep quality,…

…shortening the length of time it takes to fall asleep and helping people get more sound sleep. Valerian root seems to make more an impact on those getting poor sleep. Nowadays, more people than not are getting poor sleep. In one double blind study on sleep disorders, 44 percent of the test group reported perfect sleep and 89 percent noted significant improvement after taking valerian root, in comparison with placebo.

Lindahl O, Lindwall L. Double blind study of a valerian preparation. Pharmacology, Biochemistry & Behavior 1989; 32: 1065-1066.

The second ingredient in Need 2 Sleep is Melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone produced naturally by the body in the pineal gland of the brain. The release of melatonin correlates with the body's cycle of day and night. As light inhibits its production, and darkness stimulates it; melatonin regulates the body's internal clock. Double blind research shows that this hormone helps people sleep, shortens the number of awakenings in the night, and improves quality of sleep. Melatonin exhibits positive psychological benefits on a person's mood, while a lack of melatonin corresponds to anxiety, fatigue, and hostility. In short it helps put you to sleep and bring you into a deep sleep faster.

The third and final ingredient in Need 2 Sleep is 5-HTP. 5-HTP is the immediate precursor to serotonin a neurotransmitter.

5-hpt also increases endorphins, our body’s natural pain killers.

5-HTP bypasses the brain's light-regulation system that controls the secretion of melatonin. 5-HTP results in an increased production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and norepinephrine that stimulate the noradrenergic receptors in the brain. This stimulation directly triggers the production and release of melatonin, which helps relax the body and prevents restlessness.

Combined, the ingredients in Need 2 Sleep are a proven powerful sleep aid. Need 2 Sleep will put you to sleep fast and give you the best rest your body deserves!

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA). This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Need 2 Sleep Supplement Facts:
    Serving Size: 2 capsules
    Servings Per Container: 75

** Percent Daily Values not established.

Directions:
    As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules before sleep. Do not exceed 30 days of use; follow with 60 days off.

Need 2 Sleep Warning:
    This product causes drowsiness. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery for, at least, several hours after ingestion. Do not take for more than 30 days consecutively. Do not take if you are pregnant or nursing. Do not take if you have any of the following conditions: liver disease, kidney disease, heart disease, autoimmune disease, multiple sclerosis, leukemia, severe allergies, diabetes, or depression. Do not combine with anti-depressants or sedative medications. Consult a physician prior to use or before combining with any prescription medications. This product is intended for adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Store in cool, dry place.

PENCILNECK

And don't forget to take a look at NTBM's Blog for more infos on ingredients, peptides and other stuff.

just ordered a bottle of this.can't wait to try it and post feedback.

Board Sponsor NEEDTOBUILDMUSCLE.COM's Avatar

It will knock your ass out! lol

GYM RAT

This Need2sleep is an angel.. Give very comfortable sleep every night.. and when i woke up my body is soooooooooooooo out of stresssssssss and very energetic.

http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com//blog/
    Attached Images Attached Images

well i received my bottle last week.tried it out friday night.WOW!talk about some deep sleep!my dreams were very realistic!i woke up feeling relaxed and well rested.very good product.btw...the shirt i received as well is freakin sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by hulk7510 View Post
    well i received my bottle last week.tried it out friday night.WOW!talk about some deep sleep!my dreams were very realistic!i woke up feeling relaxed and well rested.very good product.btw...the shirt i received as well is freakin sweet!
    That's great hulk! I'm glad your enjoying the product.... I am also a fan of the shirts, lol..

GYM RAT

WOW!! that's great news Hulk and im glad you like the shirt!!

Last edited by mathew34; 10-12-2011 at 07:06 AM.

I never take the Need2Sleep unless I REALLY want to be knocked out. Really helps with sleep with the diet starts taking a its toll

just ordered a bottle of this.can't wait to try it and post feedback.
    How did you like it?

How well does this work pre contest when sleep is suffering?

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
    How did you like it?
    i f-n love it! i only take it 2-3 times a week so i don't get too used to it.but when i do...lights out!wake up and feel rested.my dreams however are mor like reality!i kid you not but i can read and count numbers while dreaming.and the sex dreams.......

GYM RAT

i f-n love it! i only take it 2-3 times a week so i don't get too used to it.but when i do...lights out!wake up and feel rested.my dreams however are mor like reality!i kid you not but i can read and count numbers while dreaming.and the sex dreams.......
    LMAO!!

NOVICE

Hey guys. For some reason this past week I have been having some trouble falling asleep. I usually have trouble falling asleep at night when I am using my favorite Prohoromes/Legal designers. All I have been using now is my natty stack, which I absolutely love, and I started to notice I was having some trouble falling to sleep. The stack I am taking now is providing me with awesome agression in the gym and a huge increase in my natty test levels, which I owe to the Ruthless phytoserms 347 I am taking right now. Anyway, I grabbed my bottle of Need2Sleep and popped two caps last night and the night before as well. Soon after taking them, I fell asleep and had a good nights sleep. I also had some nice vivid type dreams to go along with it, something I have experienced with this in the past just like the good oTC HGH boosters I have used. Anyway, today I feel awesome and refreshed.. I am getting ready to hit the gym and thanks to n2sleep, I will KTS..

Take care..SJ

I've been using this off and on for over a year and it def delivers.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast