Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by THEVMAN View Post
    And another question - once tanned: SHINNY or MATT finish? I don't want to be slippery when trying to pull a Lat Spread -- front & back. thoughts?
    Not shiny nor shinny. Too shiny and the lights glare off of you.

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by axioma View Post
    If you need a posse, Xiomara and I will go
    Im with you axioma, if baldie wants company Ill gladly go with you guys. Chris

decided to splurge and get the liquidsunrayz tanning for Xiomara and I. figured we could relax a bit w/out worrying about the tan.

Jan tana is hooked up with udit, so they will be in the venue. I just went with liquid at the recommendation of someone, both fine.

The Overall last year had Dream Tan bronze over a Jan Tana base cote. Back stage he looked like mud. Under the lights....awsome. I am doing same as is I believe HDG.

Baldie

A lot of judges don't like dream tan. Also, if applied incorrectly, it can hide some definition. Because of those two reasons, its popularity from a few years ago has been fading fast.

Default Last few weeks

Hey Joe, I'm a 50 year old welterweight in the last few week of prep and have been keto. I did a carb load 30g protein 30g carbs 20g fat starting with my last 3 meals last Thursday..same all day Friday 6 meals and first 2 meals Saturday morning. Went down to the gym and poised and looked great! Went back to reg keto diet after that 4 more meals on Saturday and then all day Sunday, 6 meals. On Sunday felt my blood sugar droping so throughout the day I had a banana and a cup of honeydew melon. I woke up Monday morning and WOW everything is popping! I'm thinking I need to start my carb load Tuesday evening and add a little fruit with each meal. What's your thought?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB8962 View Post
    Hey Joe, I'm a 50 year old welterweight in the last few week of prep and have been keto. I did a carb load 30g protein 30g carbs 20g fat starting with my last 3 meals last Thursday..same all day Friday 6 meals and first 2 meals Saturday morning. Went down to the gym and poised and looked great! Went back to reg keto diet after that 4 more meals on Saturday and then all day Sunday, 6 meals. On Sunday felt my blood sugar droping so throughout the day I had a banana and a cup of honeydew melon. I woke up Monday morning and WOW everything is popping! I'm thinking I need to start my carb load Tuesday evening and add a little fruit with each meal. What's your thought?
    If I read your post correctly, your contest isn't for a few weeks? If that is the case, I would stay on my keto diet and start carb loading 3-4 days out from your contest. You wouldn't want to start carb loading now.

Default Final 2 weeks

OK where do I start.

I had originaly planned to compete in the Mr. Muscle Beach July 4th to see where I needed to adjust for July 23rd at the Nationals. I weighed about 203 on the 4th which I do now as I type. I had to pass that show due to personal family obligations. What I did not do was to get pics done anyway and to have a few competetive Bodybuilder friends evaluate me. Had I done that I now know that they would have said PERFECT don't lose a single fucking ounce more. I would then have weiged myself twice daily on the same scale and held on tight. Oh no...not me. Mr. Experience here. I got it into my head that I needed to go for more cuts. I never scaled but once on the 13th at 198. On July 23rd I weighed in at a skin sagging dried out shrunken muscle 187. DISASTER/TRAIN WRECK and it was too late with show time in 8 hours.

So after 20 months prep Old Baldie veteran of some 30 shows incl. 4 Mr. America Masters, USA and Mr. California made the all time ROOKIE fuck up...followed my own fucked up carb depleted stressed out brain to failure.

Have someone who knows the lay of the land evaluate you during the last month so that you can stay the course and make adjustments. Otherwise the trophy/title you had sought will be handed to another man. In my case the other man earned it and deserved it. I agree with the judges.

So trust another who knows his/her stuff to guide you the last few weeks. My son in law Kevin, who many of you met, now has the experience from this past Nationals to do that.

Baldie

Default Last few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by joedemarco View Post
    If I read your post correctly, your contest isn't for a few weeks? If that is the case, I would stay on my keto diet and start carb loading 3-4 days out from your contest. You wouldn't want to start carb loading now.
    Joe, yes the contest is in 3 weeks but I've not used the keto diet before and with the exception of the one complex carb meal feeding per week my body has not had a bunch of carbs put in them for 16 weeks and I wanted to see what the reaction was before I got too that last week. All my buds keep telling me I've got to eat more carbs these last few weeks or I'll get stringy yet I continue to get better and better with each passing day..looking forward when it's over telling them I told you so about the keto diet! Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeB8962 View Post
    Joe, yes the contest is in 3 weeks but I've not used the keto diet before and with the exception of the one complex carb meal feeding per week my body has not had a bunch of carbs put in them for 16 weeks and I wanted to see what the reaction was before I got too that last week. All my buds keep telling me I've got to eat more carbs these last few weeks or I'll get stringy yet I continue to get better and better with each passing day..looking forward when it's over telling them I told you so about the keto diet! Any thoughts?
    I've gone 16 weeks on Dave's strict keto diet with very good results. I just stayed the course and started carbing about 3 days before my show. When the carbs hit me I just filled out. So don't sweat it if you think you are feeling "stringy" the last 2-3 weeks. You saw what happened when you added some carbs last week. Your body exploded. Just do the same the final week and you will be just fine. Also, as Baldie mentioned, get someone you can trust (and who knows bodybuilding) to help analyze your physique. This will help you determine when adjustments have to be made. Good luck.

Default Last few days

Quote Originally Posted by joedemarco View Post
    I've gone 16 weeks on Dave's strict keto diet with very good results. I just stayed the course and started carbing about 3 days before my show. When the carbs hit me I just filled out. So don't sweat it if you think you are feeling "stringy" the last 2-3 weeks. You saw what happened when you added some carbs last week. Your body exploded. Just do the same the final week and you will be just fine. Also, as Baldie mentioned, get someone you can trust (and who knows bodybuilding) to help analyze your physique. This will help you determine when adjustments have to be made. Good luck.
    Thanks Joe and you also Baldie for the advice, it will be used wisely.

You guys take care

Default LiquidSunRayz

Thanks for all the advice. I would definately recommend LiquidSunRayz spray tanning to all competitors. Not to say that there is anything wrong with JanTana(competitors were saying they looked greenish), the ladies LSR went above and beyond. They really cared about your presentations and would touch-up as many times as necessary to give you the best look. I won't hesitate to use their service again, got lots of compliments on my color.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is Kevin Couch just won welterweight class at this past weekend's Master Nationals in Pittsburg. Here's a thread I just started on Monday with a few pics.

[ame="http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=39299"]11 Weeks Out Nationals Workin with George Farah - RX Muscle Forums[/ame]

I've decided to go down and compete with the youngsters at this year's Nationals and do some serious damage.
    I've been workin with George Farah the last 8 weeks and haven't competed since 1995 prior to last weekend's Master Nationals. I was able to dial it in this time for the first time in my life.

I did carb deplete from Sunday on and carb load from Wednesday on. Severely dropped water intact after Thursday and added sodium and potassium to stay full while not drinking water. Ate carbs 6 times a day from Wed on. This worked for me and my metabolism but it really trial and error. Also you MUST be in shape and all bodyfat gone a week before or carb deplete/load could backfire on. Hope this helps you guys. I'm goin down to Atlanta this year to represent our geriatric group at age 44 with no excuses for my age. I'm not goin there to be another welter. I'm goin there to open some eyes to show what is possible at age 44!! Wish me Luck guys!

Kevin Couch

Good luck Kevin. I was in Pittsburgh and your conditioning was on par with the best in the show. Kick some of the youngsters ass and show them us older guys still have what it takes.

Noticed a lot of people on stage in Pittsburgh who looked like they had jaundice, while a few looked really good and dark. More jaundice than good though. Wondered if the lighting in Pittsburgh was different or whether the products were that different in their results.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast