Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SheWulf View Post
    What kinda supps we talking? I could my protein but not my pre-workout (it's under 30 cals anyway) or my bcass.
    fish oil, Aminos, Vitamins, joint supp...pills.....

I count veggies for sho!

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    NOT COUNT veggies? they have cals...i count all food.
    first off it's off season
    second my plan is given to me so i am not setting up own amts but when i add up cals for curiosity I never put the veggies in i just know the actual cals are a tad higher than the calculated amt. and to many nutritionists veggies are free food there are so few cals it is negligible so I can have as much green veggies as i want. Also a lot of the cals from veggies are fiber

It's working so far still only 6lbs from weigh in, so if not broke not gonna fix it

PENCILNECK CasieShepherdIFBBPHYSIQUE's Avatar

I agree with Suzanne I don't count veggies either unless they are SUPER STARCHY. Usually takes more for your body to process them through then to actually count them for cals...most of the calories come from fiber as well.

Digestion issues from veggies could mean a number of things...for me me it is two differnt things....i have celiacs so it is harder for me to digest and break things down in general (probiotics and digestive enzymes help a bit), or just the fact that everyone has different food allergens they consume. I hear so many competitors say that they have been eating something for such a long period of time but all of a sudden get sick or bloated from it. Truth is that you develop allergens to the things you consume most. The time when you see these things the most is right after a competition from strict dieting. You have eliminated foods for so long that when you re-introduce them again the sides are a lot worse. When you eat things on a daily or weekly basis your sides are 'masked' so to speak. ALCAT testing (food sensitivity testing) is the best way to find out about very specific allergies although it can be a bit more spendy.

Just read this right through and THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!!!!
    I have been in a deep hole of depression about my stomach and love handles while my arms,legs and upper body are always stupidly lean!
    After reading your honest posts I now realise that not only being post menopausal, but also using antiE's has not helped and that I am not alone. Only seeing the photos of stage ready girls really does give you an impression that everyone but you looks that way all year round!
    I have spent 2 years working hard to gain muscle (which I have) and at the same time every week when I weigh myself I it really screws wiht my head and I go into a meltdown!
    I have spent this last week feeling like I am completely lost and cant talk to anyone about it due to the AAS use. The only people around me who know I use AAS are guys so of they have no personal knowledge to help me.
    I spend everyday feeling guilty for adding cottage cheese and grated carrots to my salads even though it is my off season and have now got to the stage where I have lost all motiviation to train... feeling like "whats the point - my stomach is always going to make me look fat no matter how hard I work - so why bother!"
    Would love to know what sort of calorie range and ratio's I should be working with.
    At present I am on 1800cals, 230grms protein, 50grms fat, 100grms carbs. I'm 5'9 weigh 156lbs, if I was training I should be doing a 4 day split and I really should be doing cardio 35 mins 4 times a week...
    Am I any where near on the right track... really struggling here guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    Here's the approach I have taken
    when i first lost weight i was tiny size 1-3 and was able to carry bf at 18% and look great wear cute clothes etc
    As i gained muscle even at 14% i could no longer look like i did before the muscle

so i had to decide either look teeny tiny year round or be a bodybuilder and i chose i want to be a bodybuilder and that means i am not gonna fit i those tiny clothes in the off season but once i made that conscious decision that i AM a bodybuilder accepting off season isn't a prob

and i don't get far from stage wt 20lbs and that counts the ton of water i hold i dropped 10lbs of water the last 2 weeks for this show but even at that i look bulky and "fat" cuz only 5'1"
    OMG! Suzanne!!! YOu took the words right out of my brain!!!! This year I put on about 8lbs of muscle and accounting for the year prior and working on widening my back and bulking up my shoulders, while it may look nice in season....the offseason makes for my figure to be more top heavy looking! My legs tend to stay pretty toned, although I hold my fluffiness in my upper thighs and butt the most. But yeah....went up to a size 5/6 this off season and the thighs of the pants are tight, but the waist is loose and falls!!! UGH!!!
    Also, I was in the hospital after a bad car accident and with all the stress and anxiety was put on beta-blockers that are intended to regular heart rate and slow your body all the way the phuk down and I gained about 10 pounds in the hospital!!!!! So up until about a couple weeks ago I was walking around at 153lbs, and now that im not on bed rest anymore I'm ablw to exercise and got my weight down to about 145 so far, and trying to get down to 130! I feel more comfortable at=round that weight although people tell me I look "great" at the current weight, I just don't feel so great though! I'm also 5'1" so it really shows when I lose or gain a few pounds here and there. Emotionally, I think I'm the worst in my off season because I find it hard to cop with my fluffy look and it's hard for me to embrace the larger frame. I almost thought of giving bodybuilding a break and competing in half marathons or something, simply because it makes you lose a tone of muscle and you get all tiny....but I wouldn't want to walk around flabby either...I dont know...I wish there wasn't such a mental mind phuk that came along with the sport....

RX MEMBER

I absolutely love this thread. its less than two years sense I have changed my life and live and breath bodybuilding. Last year I competed for a fist time in figure. No lie I got a lot of work to do this year before Ill step on stage, but I love the challenge. but what I have noticed biggest challenge is to not get paranoid about looking different off season.
    in my 20 I have fall in to the arms of bulimia and anorexia then I have gain about 70 pounds and both of this past times popes up here and there. when I get very bz with work it is very easy for me to enjoy feeling of empty stomach, but when I get super tiered its is very easy for me to pig out on almond or peanuts.
    Balance is something I definitely need to learn this year before next competition.

RX MEMBER

i have left all the dairy product behind and let me tell you something, im your hight and I'm about same weight now, my stomach look a bit bloated, but its all water and some healthy peanut butter fat lol Even my uncle was in denial to leave all the dairy products and now he is thanking me for it, his stomach got much flatter.

Welcome Galina! Congrats on finding the gym love! It is an even greater win over the extremes of anorexia/bulimia - but as so many ladies who have experienced that, it is still a daily challenge w/ your mind and perception of yourself. It is fascinating how your physical perception is so extremely dependent upon your mental perception.

Altho I don't know what should be the truly "right" diet for Homo sapiens sapiens - are we meant to be "Paleo" eatesr? Or vegans? Or all grains? I guess it is just a testament to our ability to adapt, but each person still has some genetic history of sensitivity to certain things, including dairy, gluten, seafood, etc. And it is just part of our process to discover what our own body needs or can't handle, despite the myths we do or don't believe. We continue to learn there are very few absolutes.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Ok, so I read through this thread and I am SO new as to what to expect in the off season! My attempt at an off season after I lost 20 lbs. put me back into emotional eating and I was a binge-eater on protein because I was stupid and thought it wouldn't make me gain weight. What the hell was I thinking?!

Anyway, my goal is to stay around 125 lbs. My question to you guys is HOW to maintain a healthy weight and how to figure out the right macro's for my body, the right training style, etc. Prior to my competition I had TERRIBLE digestive issues; still do, but they've lessened. The only thing I can base whether or not I'm low carb or high carb is how my body responded to both days in my carb cycle; I feel terrible on low carb days, but I'm sure this is normal!

Any suggestions on how to get some normalcy back in my life and how to approach diet and training after my first figure competition??

RX MEMBER

Where has this thread been all my life, at least my competing life? 😃.. After dropping 50 lbs, I'm determined to stay within 20 lbs. I'm concerned now that I hurt my foot and can't train (cardio) for a week....sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by tycolvin View Post
    Where has this thread been all my life, at least my competing life? .. After dropping 50 lbs, I'm determined to stay within 20 lbs. I'm concerned now that I hurt my foot and can't train (cardio) for a week....sigh....
    eat super clean!!!

1 week out from contest and I've only had 1 cheat meal, eating lots of fruits, salads, and adding condiments. For the most part my off season is the same as contest accept I add condiments and more of a variety of spices. I never really had a problem with sweets, I just like cheese burgers :-) but only occasionally now. Shows are won in the off season so I am mindful of that everyday and I remember clearly how hard it was to have to drop 35lbs of pure fat one year, not fun at all!!!! Enjoying my off season by keeping it tight!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819