Page 9 of 197 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Shopping is much different over here. Just about everything closes at 6pm. Something about protecting small business. Their late shopping hours were only from 9-9 the last couple of days before Christmas. Stores will be open today from 10-5. It's crazy like our Black Friday. Security in stores, tons of traffic, everyone looking for bargains. From what I understand it's the biggest retail day of the year.

That's nice that they're still (apparently) looking out for the little guy and not the corporate giants

That's the whole idea. Aussies think a bit differently than Americans. Kinda makes me ashamed of America and how greedy we are compared to other parts of the world. Not saying there isn't greed everywhere but we're really pigs. No offense to americans. but think about it. If all of the sudden Walmart had to close at 6pm Americans would flip out. We all want what we want ,when we want it, even at 2am, and who cares who it screws.

In A World Where Staying Focused and True Is More Important Than How Much You Can Lift

Default jealous of the beach...

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post

Dec 26th is Boxing Day in Australia. The origin is that employers and wealthier people would give gifts to the less fortunate/employees. Now it's a national holiday where stores open and have great sales. It's the American equivelant of Black Friday.

I cleaned the whole house yesterday and did all the laundry so i don't know what I'll do today. I guess I could drag myself down to the beach on this 80+F day and take a walk.
    I think that is a great national holiday. I hope there weren't any people gouging eyes out over sales like they do over here in Chicago. I am so jealous of the fact that you can go to the beach! Its like 35 degress and rainy. Just cleaned the house too on some kind of rampage... i smell like windex and orange glo... lovely ;o)

I did that yesterday. Cleaned the whole house simply out of boredom.

In A World Where Staying Focused and True Is More Important Than How Much You Can Lift

Thumbs down No more Continental... SUCKS!

Continental is September. It's a good show, decent size, national qualifier.
    Hey hope the weather is great... just got 6 inches out here in Chicago! Yay!
    I didnt know if you knew this already but there will be no more Continental in September. i just found this out recently... it was an awesome show too, great turn out! Too many haters out there were jealous of how great the turn out was, so they whined and complained. And low and behold the show was axed!

Nothing wrong with cleaning out of boredom!

No Continental???? Dang it! Do you know the scoop? Having lived out there I know of all the promoters and powers that be in the Illinois area shows. PM me if it's too gossipy to post. Shoot. That figures. That's the one I was leaning towards since I have so many bbing friends in the Chicago area. I have friends I could have stayed with, access to one of the best videographer, some photographers. Darn it. I was there two years ago to see a friend compete and I liked the size of the show. Big enough to be competitive but not so big I'd get lost in the shuffle.

I just had the best lunch. Pre-cooked chicken breast sliced and thrown into a fry pan with green beans, hokkien noodles all stir fried in a Sesame ginger marinade. Damn this bbing lifestyle is rough. LOL

I fly home tomorrow for a week. Time to crack the whip on this girlymusclechicks training.

Of course I'd crank up my own training too but I have an injury. Poor little poppet that I am.

Well, I'm back in here. The gym was closed on Christmas Day and the day after (Boxing Day) so no training. I woke up Christmas Eve morning to a nasty headcold. Christmas Day I got my period for the first time in almost a year. Thanks, Santa. Guess I was a bad girl this year. On Sunday I was still too sick to bike to the gym. On Monday I tried to bike to the gym but I got about 1/2 mile down the road and I was gasping for breath and my chest hurt. I couldn't imagine getting all the way to the gym, training and biking back so I turned around and went home. Tuesday was Sledge's first day home from working nightshifts so we just hung out and he relaxed. Wednesday was our Christmas with his family. So here we are on Thursday. Leg Day. I only have a cough left from my cold and no Aunt Flo (girl code for periods). Hopefully, she doesn't come visit again for another year.

Weight is at an uncomfortable point for me. I'm just going to try to deal with it. I'm trying to put on muscle and also enjoy the holidays and just life in general. I needed out of the diet mentality for awhile. The restrictions and feelings of deprivation really gets to me. I don't want a diet to ruin my time here. I'm in Austrlia for cryin' out loud. I want to enjoy it!

Problem is I have a hard time balancing. I'm an all or nothing person. I don't know how to be in the middle. I haven't been binging but I'm small and everything I eat shows up immediately. Heck, at 15 pounds above my last comp weight I don't look like a bodybuilder. So imagine what 20-25 looks like. I hate the way it feels. Seems most of the weight has come back in my tummy and low back so I feel like I'm lugging an inner tube with me everywhere I go. For me 8-10 pounds is a whole clothing size and my stuff is getting tight. Good thing it's hot here. I don't think any of the jeans I brought along are going to fit right now.

I'm not going to change my plan at this point. I'm also going to do my best to shut up about it. I know Sledge is tired of hearing me whine about it. He likes me chubby anyway. I just wish I liked me chubby.

That's the whole idea. Aussies think a bit differently than Americans. Kinda makes me ashamed of America and how greedy we are compared to other parts of the world. Not saying there isn't greed everywhere but we're really pigs. No offense to americans. but think about it. If all of the sudden Walmart had to close at 6pm Americans would flip out. We all want what we want ,when we want it, even at 2am, and who cares who it screws.
    Tell me about it. I work in retail pharmacy, and from December through March people are so incredibly rude between "holiday travel" and insurance changing and wanting to squeeze as much out of it as they can. I understand the thrifty mentality, but COME ON!! And when there's an hour wait, and that just won't work for you, please feel free to ask the 15 other people waiting in line ahead of you if it's ok if you butt ahead I think EVERYONE should work retail/food service for a holiday season and then see what @ss holes people really are, and check their own behaviour.

/rant (sorry for the hijack )

Weight is at an uncomfortable point for me. I'm just going to try to deal with it. I'm trying to put on muscle and also enjoy the holidays and just life in general. I needed out of the diet mentality for awhile. The restrictions and feelings of deprivation really gets to me. I don't want a diet to ruin my time here. I'm in Austrlia for cryin' out loud. I want to enjoy it!

Problem is I have a hard time balancing. I'm an all or nothing person. I don't know how to be in the middle. I haven't been binging but I'm small and everything I eat shows up immediately. Heck, at 15 pounds above my last comp weight I don't look like a bodybuilder. So imagine what 20-25 looks like. I hate the way it feels. Seems most of the weight has come back in my tummy and low back so I feel like I'm lugging an inner tube with me everywhere I go. For me 8-10 pounds is a whole clothing size and my stuff is getting tight. Good thing it's hot here. I don't think any of the jeans I brought along are going to fit right now.

I'm not going to change my plan at this point. I'm also going to do my best to shut up about it. I know Sledge is tired of hearing me whine about it. He likes me chubby anyway. I just wish I liked me chubby.
    Hang in there!! It will get better. I'm with you on the weight thing: I'm the same way. It's hard when such little changes yield DRASTIC results. Just keep in mind the end goal, and that it's worth it. If there's one thing this lifestyle teaches is discipline, but it's also about holding to your plan and goals and knowing that it's all worth it in the end

Yeah...I just wish it went the other day. What took me 6 months to lose only took 6 weeks to gain back.

Yeah...I just wish it went the other day. What took me 6 months to lose only took 6 weeks to gain back.
    I can relate to everything you've mentioned about the recent offseason weight gain, being a fellow shortie and experiencing the same thing right now myself. But the one thing you can reassure yourself with now that you didn't necessarily have in the past is that you know you can get in shape now. You've already proved that you can lose the weight, diet for a show, and get on stage. Hang in there, and just keep training your ass off

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    I can relate to everything you've mentioned about the recent offseason weight gain, being a fellow shortie and experiencing the same thing right now myself. But the one thing you can reassure yourself with now that you didn't necessarily have in the past is that you know you can get in shape now. You've already proved that you can lose the weight, diet for a show, and get on stage. Hang in there, and just keep training your ass off
    Amen!

Page 9 of 197 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast