Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,035 of 2952

You should have just gone over and told them to at least put a decent weight on if they're going to be noisy.

Noooooooooooo (screaming like a maniac) short gelled hair is so ugly and besides how would sledge feel waking up in the morning with a piece of hair stuck with gel stuck in his eye? Gel spikey hair is disgusting and might I add that geckos might get stuck in it during the night when you are asleep.
    I am thinking ahead Girlymuscle to when you come back to Aussie. It won't suit our climate or crazy wildlife. Hair which can catch (moves mind you) the sea breeze and is natural is much more appropiate and suitable.

Gel as in soft gel...not the hard crunchy stuff. And honestly, I never asked Sledge what he thinks because I know his answer. "It's your hair, do what you want." Besides, the Aussie summer had it a frizzy mess most of the time.

yeah, the Lunk Alarm guys were slamming the Smith rack and I mean LOUD. I think they wanted me to set off the lunk. So I obliged them.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

That's good because hard gel will mean that geckos, spiders, flies and mozzies will get stuck in your hair.
    I seriously remember many years ago when I was 16 I had this hardcore hairspray in my hair (it didn't move in the wind) and a fly got stuck in it.

Love having short hair ...no fuss
    and works much better with the humidity and wind at the beach when I visit Mike - it gets really wavy there.
    Everytime I grow it out a little , I think why the hell did I try this again
    *Live every moment __Laugh every day__and Love Beyond Words *

___________________2blu4u _______________________

I was fantasizing the othre day about getting out of the shower, running gel through it and go! My god do you know how much time I'd save??
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

That's what I do....oh wait...i don't have any hair

Worked third shift last night. Came home, changed and went to the gym.

Chest and Biceps

Never did these two bodyparts together. I kinda liked it.

Hammer Strength Incline Press
    warm ups and stuff
    2x10@100 each side
    1x8@110

Flat DB Bench
    3x10@50

Decline Bench
    1X12@95
    2X10@118

Alternating DB Curls Superset with DB Hammer Curls
    3x 10@15lbs, 10@15

Bicep Oerhead Cable Curls
    3x10@40 each side

Off a bit on food. I ate the right meals just too many since I've been awake for 24 hours. I'm supposed to have 8 meals but I've had two extra 1.5 scoop whey shakes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post

Chest and Biceps

warm ups and stuff
    2x10@100 each side
    1x8@110

Flat DB Bench
    3x10@50

Decline Bench
    1X12@95
    2X10@118

3x 10@15lbs, 10@15

3x10@40 each side

Off a bit on food. I ate the right meals just too many since I've been awake for 24 hours. I'm supposed to have 8 meals but I've had two extra 1.5 scoop whey shakes, too.
    I always did chest and tri's. Been doing chest and bi's for the past couple of months. I like it too!

Chest and Biceps

warm ups and stuff
    2x10@100 each side
    1x8@110

Flat DB Bench
    3x10@50

Decline Bench
    1X12@95
    2X10@118

3x 10@15lbs, 10@15

3x10@40 each side

Nice training GM.

We gotta figure something out about staying up 24hrs, sleep is good! ... but paying the bills is good too so I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I always did chest and tri's. Been doing chest and bi's for the past couple of months. I like it too!
    That's what I always did, too. Chest and tris and back with bis. I got one heck of a pump doing chest with bis. I should have taken pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    Nice training GM.

We gotta figure something out about staying up 24hrs, sleep is good! ... but paying the bills is good too so I get that.
    It was only temporary. I'm going to bed in a little bit and that will put me back to a normal schedule. ANd for whatever reason I got one less shift at Applebees this weekend so I'll have off most of Saturday and all of Sunday.

Because of my sleep pattern I'm not stepping near a scale. I know I'm probably retaining water. I'll give myself until Friday. Then I'll weigh in.

Banned

Gel as in soft gel...not the hard crunchy stuff. And honestly, I never asked Sledge what he thinks because I know his answer. "It's your hair, do what you want." Besides, the Aussie summer had it a frizzy mess most of the time.

yeah, the Lunk Alarm guys were slamming the Smith rack and I mean LOUD. I think they wanted me to set off the lunk. So I obliged them.
    I recommend this brazilian treatment that I recently had done. I saw it advertised but usually i'm not the 'salon' type. It's basically a heat infused protein treatment that lasts 3-4 months. It's pricey, but all you have to do is come out of the shower, put some conditioner in it and go. If you want to blow it out it takes less than 10 minutes. I had it done about a month ago and there is absolutely no frizz over here in NJ where we've had over 90% humidity for the last week and a half, and the grow out looks natural. The time it saves is priceless over the long run.

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

edit: Wait...that's a straightening system. I like my curls. I don't think I'd ever straighten them.

I could do your hair for you. I should have been a hairdresser.
    I do my own all the time.

And just though I'd let you know I'm ridding your bike into town to pick up my car. I'm sure I won't look silly at all.

Can you even ride my bike? It's kid-sized. LOL

Banned

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. Thanks!

edit: Wait...that's a straightening system. I like my curls. I don't think I'd ever straighten them.
    If they flat iron it in, it does straighten your hair. If they don't it just makes the curls 'frizz free' and smoooooooooooooooth.

Forum Leader: Rx Strength Headquarters robert da strongman's Avatar

Chest and Biceps

warm ups and stuff
    2x10@100 each side
    1x8@110

Flat DB Bench
    3x10@50

Decline Bench
    1X12@95
    2X10@118

3x 10@15lbs, 10@15

3x10@40 each side

good training lady

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    If they flat iron it in, it does straighten your hair. If they don't it just makes the curls 'frizz free' and smoooooooooooooooth.
    Well....in that case I might have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by robert da strongman View Post
    good training lady
    Thanks Dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I could do your hair for you. I should have been a hairdresser.
    I do my own all the time.
    and you do a great job on your hair.

Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock is so freakin hot he even looks good in a dress.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

He is totally hot in a dress. wow. lol

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Erin,

If there's a TV in the women's locker room then we have your PF matched. Sixteen on the floor, one TV in the men's and (maybe... probably) one in the women's.

(Not that I'm competitive. )

I did an informal inventory at the Carlisle location several weeks ago.

Here's an edited version:

At the new Planet Fitness in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA. This place has a ton of cardio equipment located in what was previously a Staples office supply retail store.

For all the PF HATURZ, hey, I pay $8.25 per month. You can't argue with that simply for the change of scenery.

Besides 44 Cybex treadmills, this brand new facility also offers 24 Life Fitness ellipticals, 12 Cybex arc trainers, 6 Cybex 750R stationary bikes, 4 Cybex 750C stationary bikes (hmmm, izzat "stationEry"?), 16 flatscreen televisions, all the easy listening muzak you can stomach, 3 adjustable incline benches, 3 flat benches, a dumbbell rack (two sets each of 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, and 65# dbs), 3 Smith machines, 3 Life Fitness multi exercise units (I don't know what they're called, but they're like the old Universal machines), 1 assisted dip/chin station, 1 vertical ab/dip bar station, 1 bodyweight Hammer Strength hyperextension or lower back station, 3 bodyweight ab stations, 2 Life Fitness plate-loaded ab crunch benches, 1 Life Fitness stack-weighted ab crunch machine (200# stack), 1 Hammer Strength leg press, 1 LF ab machine (190# stack + 15# "dial"), 1 LF Back Extension machine (290# + 15), 2 LF Glute machines (190# + 15), 3 exercise pads, 3 bosu balls (whatever they're called), 2 LF seated leg press (390# + 15), 2 LF leg extension, 2 LF seated leg curl, 1 LF pec deck, 2 LF chest press, 1 LF pulldown, 2 LF row/rear delt, 2 LF press, 2 LF curl station, 2 LF triceps press, 1 LF calf machine, 2 LF torso rotation units, 2 LF hip abduction units (spread legs apart), 2 LF hip adduction units (pulls legs together), and a "PF Express 30-minute Workout area including stations for leg press, leg extension, leg curl, pulldown, row, bench, press, curl, triceps, and crunch.

And, yes, to be thorough (or OCD) the men's locker room has two urinals, two stalls, three sinks, two soap dispensers, two towel dispensers, two regular shower stalls, a handicapped shower stall (something I've never seen at any gym, a slew of lockers, a flatscreen TV in there (they probably have a ferris wheel in the women's locker room), two water fountains, two massage chairs, 4 tanning beds, 2 upright tanning booths, a cooler with four flavors of Gatorade plus water, and a front desk with an emergency defibrillator, 1 waiting area/lounge, and 2 trainer/client interview areas.
    speciesnutrition.com | davepalumbo.com

IronMagLabs 15% Off Coupon Code = Curt15

Rx Muscle Radio | Rx Australia | Bros v Pros

Bah! I forgot your massage chairs TV. YOU WIN! YOU WIN! lol

We don't have locker room tvs. I've never been in the men's locker room. I peaked my head around the corner once before we opened on a Sunday night only to see the automatic faucet turning it's self off and on. I think it was a ghost, so I stay out of there.

^LOL

Planet Fitness ghosts. Perhaps a hardcore lifter who died of shock when he discovered there were no 100# dumbbells.

Nope. Here's some Reading trivia for ya...

Planet Fitness Reading is located within the Fairgrounds Square Mall. The Fairgrounds Square Mall was built in the late 70s on what was once the Reading Fairgrounds Dirt Track. Stock cars raced here every weekend when I was a kid. There were even some deaths on the track. When I was in 7th grade they tore down the Fairgrounds and race track and built a mall much to the protest of a lot of race fans in the community. As soon as the mall opened ghost stories started to emerge. It's funny how legends start. Supposedly there was one store in particular that was haunted and it was on turn 3 (or whatever number turn) which was the deadliest turn on the track.

So my first night reopening the gym I let myself in the backdoor. The manager asked if I'd be ok doing so. I'm like, heck, yeah, what am I a weenie scaredy wussy girl? I think not. But when I kept hearing water running I had to search out the cause. I knew I was alone so who could be running water? I peaked into the men's locker room and there was the faucet going off and on on it's own. Right away I thought about the mall being haunted. I did kinda freak myself out a little.

Nope. Here's some Reading trivia for ya...

Planet Fitness Reading is located within the Fairgrounds Square Mall. The Fairgrounds Square Mall was built in the late 70s on what was once the Reading Fairgrounds Dirt Track. Stock cars raced here every weekend when I was a kid. There were even some deaths on the track. When I was in 7th grade they tore down the Fairgrounds and race track and built a mall much to the protest of a lot of race fans in the community. As soon as the mall opened ghost stories started to emerge. It's funny how legends start. Supposedly there was one store in particular that was haunted and it was on turn 3 (or whatever number turn) which was the deadliest turn on the track.

So my first night reopening the gym I let myself in the backdoor. The manager asked if I'd be ok doing so. I'm like, heck, yeah, what am I a weenie scaredy wussy girl? I think not. But when I kept hearing water running I had to search out the cause. I knew I was alone so who could be running water? I peaked into the men's locker room and there was the faucet going off and on on it's own. Right away I thought about the mall being haunted. I did kinda freak myself out a little.
    Interesting.

Ghost trivia? Moaning Myrtle in this YouTube... I forgot that the Twilight guy appeared in one of the Potter flicks.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyd View Post
    That's what I do....oh wait...i don't have any hair
    Yeah but the gel dries and leaves a protective helmet.

Baldie

17 weeks out, weighing 165. This is down from a high of 180 in April. I'm figuring I have at least 35 more to lose.

And yes, that is Santa Claus deadlifting behind me. He's the one that showed me that bar thing he uses to lift the berbell off the ground so plates can easily be removed. Watch him...he uses in the video.

They had them at the warehouse gym we trained at. I use a trolley jack.

17 weeks out, weighing 165. This is down from a high of 180 in April. I'm figuring I have at least 35 more to lose.

Your a huge muscle monster. HOWEVER your butt seems to be shrinking. This is unacceptable.

Bye bye butt.

Great video and good luck in your prep.

Too bad Sledge isn't happy with the disappearing butt.

Bye bye butt.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hehehehe I made it grow back once before I can grow it back again. Don't you worry about a thing. I'll do most of the cooking again when you get here.

But I guess if it has to shrink, presentation is everything

Last edited by Sledge; 07-11-2010 at 08:33 PM.

I was thinking finding a Lady Ga Ga song to pose to but maybe I shoud use Sir Mix-a-lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Hehehehe I made it grow back once before I can grow it back again. Don't you worry about a thing. I'll do most of the cooking again when you get here.
    Not this time, Buddy. I'm on to you now.

Thumbs up

Good luck with your prep. I'll be following your amazing journey!

Damn I want your shoulders and arms
    Mike seems to like my shrinking butt ...he is a little odd

I was looking through my max-ot log. I just finished it. It was 6 months work of workouts which took me about 7 1/2 months to complete. I had weeks off from traveling, etc. Thinking back to when Paula asked if I got stronger with max-ot I decided to go back and see how much my weights had changed. These are all working sets.

Squats I started at 198, finished at 242.
    Bench I started at 132, finished at 175.
    Leg Press I started at 529, finished at 810.
    Deadlifts I started at 225, finished at 305.
    Pullups I started at assisted with 80 lbs for 6, to body weight for 10.

So yeah, I think max-ot is a good program. I really like it and I think the results have been pretty good.

You are Crazy Strong girl !
    My starting weights are way lower so my gains will be less but if I can make decent progress it well worth it.
    It's weird how weak my weights seem on the forums yet at my fitness center I am out lifting most guys and the girls all use silly useless weights.

Hey I have a copy of the program GM and I used for max ot. It's the 6 month program in the back of the PDF I sent the link to the other day but in a printable workout log format. If you two want a copy pm me an email address and I'll forward it to you.

One of the hardest things for me was following the program as written. I would look at some parts and think that doesn't make sense, I want to do it my way.
    GM and I often said that some of it didn't seem right to us. But we stuck with it as written regardless and it worked.

PS. the second 4 weeks where it had 50 pull ups in the least amount of sets to get there as the first exercise on back day SUCKED. But it worked regardless of how much we bitched about it.

It's all relative. One thing I've learned is that it only matters that the weight is heavy FOR YOU. The weight you lift is not related to the size of the muscle that's for sure. What is important is that you train hard and progress. The weight you lift isn't important, it's your intensity and heart and you have that!

Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast