Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thanks for reminding me Melissa.

I've decided to just stay the course. Sledge and I are going to the Australian Pro show in mid-March. If there's anything I hate it's going to a bbing show, not looking like a bber. So at about 6 weeks out we'll evaluate where I am and I'll probably do a 4 week mini keto cut just to drop a bit of the bloat and allow me to feel good. Until then, it's stick to my off season diet, train heavy and hopefully, build some muscle.

Yesterday's leg workout. I didn't feel like training but we went anyway and I'm glad we did. This happens to me a lot where I don't feel like training but I do it anyway and end up with a great workout. I felt great afterwards and I'm already feeling the DOMs this morning.

Squats
    w/u sets
    3x10@40kg (88lbs)

acclimation sets
    1x3@60 (132)
    1x2@70 (154)

Working sets
    1x6@90 (198)
    2x4@100 (220)

Leg Press
    1x6@260 (573)
    1x6@280 (617)

SLDL
    1x6@90 (198)
    1x6@110 (242)

Standing Calf Raises
    1x8@160 (353)
    1x8@170 (375)
    1x6@175 (386)

Seated Calf Raises

We used a rickety old stack weight machine. I didn't write down the weights. We did 2 sets of 8 reps.

Sledge is an awesome cook. He made a fish called basa on the grill. He seasoned it and sauteed some green and red capsicum (peppers are called capsicum here in Australia) and onions. The veggies went on the fish. It was so amazingly good! Cool thing is he just makes his dishes up as he goes along.

No training today. All the gyms are closed. We're going to take the dogs to the beach. It's a beautiful sunny day again. Perfect weather.

Happy New Year Eastern and Central U.S.A. time!!!!!!

Happy New Year!

Back Day!

Bent over rows
    w/u sets
    3x10@ bar

acclimation
    1x3@30 (66)
    1x3@50 (110)

working sets
    1x6@ 70 (154)
    1x6@75 (165)

Close Grip Pulldowns
    1x6@67 (148)
    1x5@69.5 (153)

Assisted Pull ups
    1x6@12
    1x5@5

Cable Rows
    1x6@67 (148)
    1x5@69.5 (153)

Deadlifts
    1x6@100 (220)
    1x6@105 (231)

Barbell Shrugs
    1X6@85 (187)

I have some pretty good DOMs from my leg workout. I can already feel the back workout today.

AVBG

I am getting a kick out of reading about your Aussie adventure.. You seem to have picked up on our lifestyle down to a tee. I can't believe we'll meet in Melbourne in 10 weeks!

More Aussie adventures at www.girlymuscle.blogspot.com!

Today was delts and triceps

Seated DB Press
    w/u
    3x10@8kg (17.5lb)

Acclimation sets
    1x3@15 (33)
    1x3@17.5 (38.5)

working sets
    1x6@22.5 (49.5)
    2x6@25 (55)

I can relatively easily push out the 6 reps at 25kg but I can't get the first one up without help.

Military press
    1x4@40
    1x6@40

The first set was less because I had the bar set too low and I expended too much energy get the bar off the rack. I know better now.

DB side laterals
    1x6 @ 10 (22)
    1x5@ 12.5 (27.5)

Lying tricep press with EZ Curl bar
    1x6@50 (110)
    1x3@55 (121)

Cable pushdowns with rope
    1x6@21.25 (46.8)
    1x6@23.75 9 (52.4)
    1x6@26.25 (57.8)

This one was weird. The stack weights had strange numbers on it and it seemed much heavier than a typical stack weight system. WEird.

Overhead DB Tri Press
    1x6@22.5 (49.6)

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    More Aussie adventures at www.girlymuscle.blogspot.com!

but I can't get the first one up without help.
    Don't worry it happens to everyone especially when your in your 40s. At least thats what they tell me.

The first set was less because I had the bar set too low and I expended too much energy get the bar off the rack. I know better now.

That's my fault. I have a shoulder injury so cant train delts. So I am privileged to act as GM's "Gym Caddie". I figured because she's a short arse the bar should be lower on the rack. I was suitably reprimanded and won't make that mistake again.
    Wonder if she feels like Flex Wheeler with someone following her around putting her weights away and setting up each exercise for her.

It's good to be the World Famous GirlyMuscle.

Great training lately GM, must be nice having your own personal gym sherpa in Sledge.

A little late but I wish you and Sledge all the best in the New Year!

Biceps and abs today

Straight Bar Curls
    w/u
    3x10@12.5kg (27.5lbs)

acclimation
    1x3@20 (44)
    1x3@27.5 (60.6)

Working sets
    2x4@37.5 (82.6)

Hammer Curls
    1x6@15 (33)
    1x6@17.5 (38.5)
    1x5@17.5 (38.5)

EZ Bar Curls
    1x6@ 33 (72.7)

Hanging leg lifts
    2x12 @ body weight

Weighted Cable crunches
    1x10@24
    1x10@31

Don't know what these weights really are. On a regular weight stack I used 50kgs. This one felt much heavier and only went up to 45. All I know is it was a bitch to get down on the floor so it must be heavy if it off set my body weight.

Love this journal!

Quote Originally Posted by ActionTan View Post
    Love this journal!
    I second this. I lurk here alot, is that creepy?

So do you like Australia better than the US in general.. I mean like the culture, the food, and the lifestyles?

Not creepy at all! That's why I have a journal.

Australia is the same yet different. I'll be honest. I am having a bit of culture shock. I'm surrounded by an accent I don't always understand. They use words I've never heard of. I can't get used to the driving on the other side of the road. Adjusting to kgs instead of lbs. The money is different and while the exchange rate is close to even, things cost a lot more here. There's a lot of things we can't get here. Selection is much less than in the USA. The weather is different, the landscape is different. The job market is different. Job training is different. Do you know they actually have a certification to be a barister? A certificate to pour coffee. LOL There are good things...more employment opportunities, higher minimum wage (double ours), no recession.

I'm not complaining. It's just getting used to something very different than what I've always known.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

barista?

a barister is a lawyer thingy.

What do they call coffee pourers?

From Starbucks.com.au

Careers...

baristas

Our baristas are responsible for

•Delivering legendary customer service
    •Providing quality beverages and food products
    •Maintaining a clean and comfortable work environment

We'd love to hear from people with

•High levels of energy and enthusiasm
    •The ability to work as part of a positive team
    •Passion and commitment

Off season GirlyMuscle. The crown is an Aussie Christmas thing.

You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Heh... My husband was banned from Starbucks when he patted another barista on the head, yet other baristas could hug her without punishment....

I thought the crown was something Sledge gave you to signify your being Queen of the Bedroom

I am that.

There's a custom in Australia, UK, and some other places where each person gets a Christmas Cracker. It's a tube of sorts gift wrapped like a big piece of candy. One person takes one end and another the opposite end. Then you each pull, like a wishbone. It pops and inside is a little toy, a joke and a paper crown. The person with the biggest side wins. We all wore our crowns while we ate Christmas Pavlova.

And Christmas Pavlova is a dessert made with whipped cream and egg white meringue cookies and strawberries. Sometimes they're made with kiwi fruit. They were originally made for Anna Pavolva the ballerina when she was touring Australia.

I still haven't gotten to try Christmas Pudding.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

I am that.

There's a custom in Australia, UK, and some other places where each person gets a Christmas Cracker. It's a tube of sorts gift wrapped like a big piece of candy. One person takes one end and another the opposite end. Then you each pull, like a wishbone. It pops and inside is a little toy, a joke and a paper crown. The person with the biggest side wins. We all wore our crowns while we ate Christmas Pavlova.

And Christmas Pavlova is a dessert made with whipped cream and egg white meringue cookies and strawberries. Sometimes they're made with kiwi fruit. They were originally made for Anna Pavolva the ballerina when she was touring Australia.

I still haven't gotten to try Christmas Pudding.

Niiice!! That sounds like a lot more fun than going to the parent's house, mom yelling in the kitchen then disappearing and not eating dinner with us, then appearing for presents, then disappearing again.

Too bad about Christmas Pudding You should demand it, as Queen of the Bedroom/House

Maybe on cheat day....which won't be until next week. Then again I think I'd rather have ice cream.

As Queen of the Bedroom, I already warned him that when he gets home next week to expect to spend the first 24 hours in there.

With icecream and christmas pudding! COOL

And a couple of Golden Gaytime

hey GM im loving the journal. i will be hanging around here.

Cool! the more the merrier!

I just got in from a leg workout. Went really well except for smashing a 110kg (242lb) barbell on my pinkie. I was racking it after SLDLs. There's a bruise under the nail and it's sore but I think I'll live. I don't type in the correct way so I never realized I actually use my pinkie to type until now.

I took video but I have to edit and put it all together. I thnk i might post that instead of a boring log with only numbers.

Side note...there was a herd of young boys (about 18yrs old) in the gym at the same time as me today. About 6 of them. After I did my leg press two of them tried the leg press opposite the one I was using. I had 7 plates on each side. They couldn't do 4 on each side. One kid got stuck when it bottomed out and he hadn't set the safety bars. After that they scurried back to the others with the machines. I was in the free weight area almost the entire time and they we're in the machines area. They'd do some machines then play on the cardio equipment, back to the machines, repeat. It was only after I packed up and headed out the door that they all made a beeline to the free weights and starts slinging around the 10kg DBs.

Cool! the more the merrier!

I just got in from a leg workout. Went really well except for smashing a 110kg (242lb) barbell on my pinkie. I was racking it after SLDLs. There's a bruise under the nail and it's sore but I think I'll live. I don't type in the correct way so I never realized I actually use my pinkie to type until now.

I took video but I have to edit and put it all together. I thnk i might post that instead of a boring log with only numbers.

Side note...there was a herd of young boys (about 18yrs old) in the gym at the same time as me today. About 6 of them. After I did my leg press two of them tried the leg press opposite the one I was using. I had 7 plates on each side. They couldn't do 4 on each side. One kid got stuck when it bottomed out and he hadn't set the safety bars. After that they scurried back to the others with the machines. I was in the free weight area almost the entire time and they we're in the machines area. They'd do some machines then play on the cardio equipment, back to the machines, repeat. It was only after I packed up and headed out the door that they all made a beeline to the free weights and starts slinging around the 10kg DBs.

LMAO!! Way to scare them away GM! I love outlifting the high school boys Show 'em how it's done!

Opinions please....

I can't seem to straighten my legs for SLDLs. Hamstrings are too tight and I bend my knees too much. If I try to straighten them more it hurts behind my knees. In fact, this morning when I got up the back of my knees was really achy and sore and not in a good DOMs way. Do I need to stretch more? I used to be able to bend over, legs straight and put my hands flat on the floor. I can't do that anymore.

These are supposed to be SLDLs but after reviewing my video...yeah...not really.

Lighten the load and, keeping your legs straight (but not locked), go as far forward as you can. Each rep (or set) try to go a little lower. It helps me to think of sticking my butt out and relaxing my hamstrings so they stretch more, but not sacrificing form, while doing these. When I first started training with my trainer last year, I could only go just below my knees. By the time show rolled around 5 months later I could pretty much go to my feet. It's a matter of regaining flexibility. Also, roll on a foam roller. It's painful, but it really does help.

I wasn't sure about the load being the problem since I can't really touch my toes without any weight. I'll try it.

Foam roller. yeah...I have no idea what to do with it. Haven't seen ay at the gym either.

Don't worry--I couldn't touch my toes without weight either (and can't again since I stopped stretching again). The foam roller is a piece of foam that looks like those noodle pool toys. It's literally a piece of hard foam that you sit on and roll back and forth.

I'm not really seeing how that stretches anything but if I can get my hands on one I'll try it. Thanks!

It's myofacial release. Breaks up any scar tissue or tightness in the muscles. It will help it release and stretch. Do add in the normal stretches too. I think this and stretching normally with the bar (keep form and just go as low as you can) you'll see good results

I decided to move. You guys are having too much fun in master's bbing and I want in. 45 yrs old is old enough, right?

Thumbs up

Is this thread our Christmas Cracker in Masters Bodybuilding? If so GREAT. Looks like you plucked your entire journal from elsewhere and dropped it in here. Our gain.

Baldie
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM

I did. I was over in Women's training journals but you guys and gals seem to be having so much fun (and support) that I decided I move. Hope you don't mind a new neighbor.

the more girls, the better I feel...welcome!

RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar

I decided to move. You guys are having too much fun in master's bbing and I want in. 45 yrs old is old enough, right?
    Very cool!

But I think you're going to have to provide some proof of age - you don't look it!

So cool ...I was reading your journal last night over in the girlie section and thought I should hang there more and now I don't have to
    45 year olds are perfect
    *Live every moment __Laugh every day__and Love Beyond Words *

___________________2blu4u _______________________

Awesome! Glad to see you moved your journal over here!

By the way, I don't want you to feel out of place, but most of us are only 20-25 years old over here....

I love it how all the women on here look younger than they are...living proof that lifting heavy weights does good things.

Still haven't figured out why all the guys look older than they are though

Maybe on cheat day....which won't be until next week. Then again I think I'd rather have ice cream.

As Queen of the Bedroom, I already warned him that when he gets home next week to expect to spend the first 24 hours in there.
    show off!

Quote Originally Posted by vboissiere View Post
    show off!
    What can I say...once a horndog always a horndog! Does that make me a bitch?

I was just wondering why this was in the masters section.
    Are you really 45?!? While weight training surely helps, good genes don't hurt any...

What can I say...once a horndog always a horndog! Does that make me a bitch?
    Horndog just shows desire. Being given the title of queen shows matery of your skillset!

as for the bitch part, never that...

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast