Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Birth Control & Anavar

I've been researching for hours and I simply cannot find a consensus on this issue:

My gf is going to be taking 10mg Anavar/daily for 6 weeks and she is taking Diane35 as her birth control method.

What we are really needing to know before she starts taking the var is if it will interact with her birth control and render it less effective??

I have read several things saying that it doesn't make BC less effective, but I would love to hear more from you ppl who are on birth control.

Thanks

It doesn't make sense to take male and female hormones at the same time.

Can you please elaborate??

She wants to put on a big more muscle mass...and we don't want to use condoms or have kids lol...how does this not make sense?? If she gains a tad more fat when she bulks b/c of it, it's not the end of the world for us.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

I think she means that they work against each other. I know women who have stayed on birth control and still made decent gains. Granted, their diet was spot on for lean gains and they worked out religiously.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i have always heard to go off hormone based BC, due to the fact that is raises estrogen and limits gains. not saying she wont see results, maybe not as much as she could without it. most girls i know dont take BC when they compete either. IUD is a fave among competitors i know.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

NOVICE

Ditto Tam! She can do it but IMO its a total contradiction. LOL!! When I dropped the pills (years ago) 20lbs fell of along with it.

So I think the summary is that you won't get max results from the cycle because you're introducing hormones that are driving opposing effects. But if you are not a competitor, and not willing to go off the B/C for the duration of the AAS cycle, you can run the two together. They don't "interact" or "neutralize" each other - they simple promote what each of the individual hormones do, but at the same time.

I wanted to address the comment "she wants to gain big muscles" -- regardless of the birth control, a 6 week cycle of anavar is not, by any stretch, an aggressive cycle, so I would not expect impressive gains on it. Anavar works nicely at low doses for women (i.e. no reason to go higher than 10 mg/day) but short cycles will produce limited results. Because women do not have to worry about PCT and issues like men do (which dictate them to run shorter cycles), they can run things like anavar for longer, and frankly, I'd recommend longer than 6 weeks if you're going to go there. More on the order of 10-12 weeks.

We don't know anything about where your gf (and frankly I'd rather see her on here "researching for hours" and not you - its nice you help, but its HER body, HER results, HER sides so SHE needs to understand, research & ask.) Therefore I don't know what your expectations are and how realistic they are as a result. I.e. if she isn't already lean, a cycle of any AAS is going to promote lean muscle mass - but if you aren't already lean, that can become more "thick" than "lean & muscular". If you are envisioning getting results like physique competitors, you have to remember that AAS is only a tiny part of the whole prep, and the primary drivers are tight & consistent diet, training and cardio.

So, my point, regardless of AAS or not, results will be driven by the quality (tightness, consistency, optimization) of diet, training & cardio.

Also another important note is that any AAS has the potential to promote yeast infections / vaginosis (which requires a trip to the OB/GYN to get antibiotic treatment). I highly recommend including acidophilus to help promote & balance the "good" vaginal bacteria.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

GYM RAT

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sassy69 again". Dang, here's a Rep is spirit

Thanks for the great info - I've been on the pill for about 8 years and have done some research that it actually effects all the natural test in you - can even "shut you down"
    So really thinking of stopping pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by amy13 View Post
    Thanks for the great info - I've been on the pill for about 8 years and have done some research that it actually effects all the natural test in you - can even "shut you down"
    So really thinking of stopping pronto!
    Not all b/c is "bad"... there are really lose dose options. Many OB/GYNs will not give you the option of an IUD if you are younger / want kids. Just saying not necessarily important to throw out your b/c.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

I'm looking to take my very first cycle of Anavar but the thing is I'm on the pill. I am really wondering will my pill effect my birth control or can I take them both and be perfectly fine?

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

its hormones. so I would advise if you do, use back up bc.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

I haven't found any studies on this yet (and I still really can't imagine someone sponsoring a doctor to do this, nor the doctor willing to risk his reputation in the current culture), but I would say a couple of things:

1) what are your goals & expectations of this cycle? If you are looking for competition-style results, you're giving your body two different signals by using BC + male hormones. The BC regulates estrogen (/progesterone, depending on your particular product). So we already know that estrogen promotes estrogen-pattern bodyfat depositing, water retention, etc., while AAS promotes lean muscle mass. The two are promoting opposing goals, so the end result can be limited one, by the other. For competition, many women will either drop the BC completely and rely on back-up methods, or go to a non-hormonal (e.g. IUD) method of birth control to manage the estrogen effects of it.

2) Does your BC lose effectiveness? Dunno. My thought is probably not, but you might want to use a back-up method while on.

Sorry there's no discrete answer right now. In past discussions when people have decided to drop BC but are curious if they can get pregnant while on cycle because they have had their period interrupted, I woudl definitely say use a back-up method because there's no guarantee you can't get pregnant. And if there is a question of staying on BC vs not while on a cycle, recommendation is to stay on (again subject to your goals of using the compound in the first place - competition or not).

My gut is that they don't explicitly interfere w/ each other but rather each fights to promote what it does and the end result is less than optimal results (mostly in terms of bodyfat / water retention). If that doesn't matter to you (i.e. not in competition), then definitely continue to use but pay attention to your "making whoopie".
    Last edited by sassy69; 08-12-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

BC is a synthetic estrogen...so it will raise SHBG levels and that in turn will reduce the effects of the anavar...BC also increases cortisol levels which will increase the breakdown of muscle..and the there is the overall effect of higher e2 from BC's..

many women report a stoppage of there period or light spotting when using AAS..that will be dependent on what kind and dose of AAS there using in conjunction with body fat levels dropping..

Like some of the ladies stated..look for a alternate BC route that is not a synthetic estrogen to make better returns from your var cycle..

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    BC is a synthetic estrogen...so it will raise SHBG levels and that in turn will reduce the effects of the anavar...BC also increases cortisol levels which will increase the breakdown of muscle..and the there is the overall effect of higher e2 from BC's..

many women report a stoppage of there period or light spotting when using AAS..that will be dependent on what kind and dose of AAS there using in conjunction with body fat levels dropping..

Like some of the ladies stated..look for a alternate BC route that is not a synthetic estrogen to make better returns from your var cycle..
    +1!
    ~Jack Lalanne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast