Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

try to limit ur essays please, cuz once again nobodys reading all that shit

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetLean View Post
    try to limit ur essays please, cuz once again nobodys reading all that shit
    Thats funny considering I just yesterday recieved an offer of employment from another BIG board asking for me to start writing for them on a weekly basis for a new sports board the are integrating to their website. Someones been reading my "shit". Thanks though!

^^ Unless you drop your deeply rooted biases towards your favorite teams/players and discontinue your aggressive know it all approach, that new sports section will never prosper under your guidance.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTim View Post
    ^^ Unless you drop your deeply rooted biases towards your favorite teams/players and discontinue your aggressive know it all approach, that new sports section will never prosper under your guidance.
    I have no biases towards anyone. I am not a big Cavs fan. I am both a Kobe and Lebron fan although neither are in my top fav players. There is not one sports writer who does not have a favorite player so I am not sure why you would even bring that up.
    I have not EVER claimed to know it all. I have posted factual evidence for my argument on the topic of who is better, Kobe or Lebron. NOT OPINIONS. Sure I have given MY OPINION, which is what you DO in the business of sports writing/journalism/or reporting. You ALWAYS give your opinion and then you back it up with FACTS, EVIDENCE to argue your point. Exactly what I have done. There is not ONE PIECE of statistical evidence other than more Championships(a team accomplishment not individual) that show Kobe being the better player RIGHT NOW.
    After saying all that, what was Lebrons stat line from last night against a Portland team Kobe could do NOTHING against? 13 for 19, 41 points, 10 boards, 8 assists....an absoultely DOMINATING, INCREDIBLY impressive performance. Kobes? 14 for 37, 32 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists. Aside from his much higher than normal assists and rebounds, those are HORRIBLE numbers. Over the past couple weeks, Kobes level of play has dropped off dramaticaly. Lebron, well he is playing his best ball of the season and again pulling away in the MVP race. By the end of the week, Lebron will again be on top of the scoring race as well as continue to dominate Kobe in every other statistical category.
    Oh, and Kobes stat line against a below average Milwaukee team, 4-21(absolutely Horrible) 12 points, 5 boards, 1 assist. Again, a horrible performance against the same team that Lebron chooses and "calls" how many points wants to score against.

RX MEMBER

Some more STATS, un BIASED stats to argue my opinion(posted from 2009)

In a Sports Illustrated poll of 190 NBA players, LeBron James was voted as the opposing player most players would want to be their teammate (32% of the vote, next closest received 13%).
    -Hey gottagetlean...I thought EVERYONE wanted to play with Kobe?-

Is the only active player in the NBA to have five consecutive seasons with at least 2,000 points and became just the ninth in NBA history, joining legends Kareem Abdul-Jabar, George Gervin, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlin, Dominique Wilkins, Oscar Robertson, Alex English and Karl Malone all-time.

Became only the 12th player in NBA history to have three consecutive triple-doubles (March 7th, 10th and 12th).

Posted 43 points, 12 rebounds, eight assists, four steals and a block versus Orlando on March 17th, joining Larry Bird in 1992 as the only players to record at least those numbers in a game.

Totaled 23 points, 15 rebounds, 11 assists and three blocks versus Sacramento on Jan. 27th, first player posting at least those numbers in a game since Larry Bird in 1987.

With his fourth season of at least 2,000 points, 500 rebounds and 500 assists, James became the 2nd player in NBA history (Oscar Robertson) to post at least those numbers in four seasons or more.

gottagetlean,PLEASE GO TO THE LINK AND SCROLL DOWN TO THE QUOTES. Not just me saying this stuff.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/features/lbj2009mvp.html

^^I didnt say anything about Kobe or Lebron so why you felt the need to throw that all in there is beyond me, as a matter of fact, this thread had NOTHING to do with Lebron until you chimed in and tried to discredit the video of Kobes game winner by dismissing him as the second best player in the NBA starting this retarded arguement. Regardless of what you claim you are not a Kobe fan, you've chosen to do nothing other than try to discredit his hall of fame career in trying to make Lebron look better. You believe being the best is based on stats, but in sports stats dont tell the whole story, Marino is not touted as the best QB in the history of football by anyone, because he never won any titles, and Lebron will be in the same boat until he wins a ring, which he isnt even close to doing. The Cavs dont have a championship squad, and even if Lebron leaves and goes elsewhere, theres no guarentee he will win a title with a new team thats newly rebuilt. Theres pros and cons to both players, and you've continually only posted Kobe's shitty game stats and harped on his shooting percentage endlessly. Lebron has off nights too, which you fail to ever mention, and Ive yet to see you say anything good about Kobe at all.... quite the fan.

RX MEMBER

Last game Kobe 4/21 from the field. Pass the ball selfish man.

RX MEMBER

^^I didnt say anything about Kobe or Lebron so why you felt the need to throw that all in there is beyond me, as a matter of fact, this thread had NOTHING to do with Lebron until you chimed in and tried to discredit the video of Kobes game winner by dismissing him as the second best player in the NBA starting this retarded arguement. Regardless of what you claim you are not a Kobe fan, you've chosen to do nothing other than try to discredit his hall of fame career in trying to make Lebron look better. You believe being the best is based on stats, but in sports stats dont tell the whole story, Marino is not touted as the best QB in the history of football by anyone, because he never won any titles, and Lebron will be in the same boat until he wins a ring, which he isnt even close to doing. The Cavs dont have a championship squad, and even if Lebron leaves and goes elsewhere, theres no guarentee he will win a title with a new team thats newly rebuilt. Theres pros and cons to both players, and you've continually only posted Kobe's shitty game stats and harped on his shooting percentage endlessly. Lebron has off nights too, which you fail to ever mention, and Ive yet to see you say anything good about Kobe at all.... quite the fan.
    You havent actually read all my posts then. I have spoken NUMEROUS time of Kobes hall of famer career, him being one of the best players in the history of the game, NUMEROUS times. I have NEVER attempted to discredit ANYTHING kobe has done I have only posted FACTS regarding things. One being he was DRAFTED onto a great team which without Shaq (who is by the way the most dominant player of all time) wouldnt have been what they were. Cant argue that. Where have I attempted to discredit Kobe? I havent. I did start off by saying that Kobe was the second best player in the NBA. That isnt attempting to discredit anyone. The idiot who posted the original video starting this thread is the ONLY one on here who is biased and who posts with a blurred HOMER vision. Not me bro. HE is the one attempting to discredit someone with making ABSURD statements including lebron sucks, he chokes, isnt even near Kobes level....THOSE are ignorant FALSE statements that cant even be argued. If stats mean nothing, then please tell me WHY Kobe is better? That all ive asked. STATS are one of the ONLY ways ANYONE can argue better player debates in sports. ANY SPORT. Without stats, you cant argue ANYTHING about who is a better player and in saying that please tell me in what statictical way is Kobe better than Lebron? You cant.

RX MEMBER

Lebrons CAREER low in scoring is 12 points. Lebron does have off nights but at a FAR FAR less rate than Kobe. He is the most EFFICIENT player(which goes hand in hand with consistancy) in the NBA. Thats a Fact. Lebrons worst shooting performance of the season is 6/20. Thats thirty percent. He has shot 30 percent or less 5 times his ENTIRE CAREER. Kobe has shot 30 percent or less, 7 times THIS SEASON ALREADY. Lebron RARELY, maybe ONCE or twice A YEAR has a HORRIBLE night. Again, just a fact.
    When Kobe shoots less than 40 percent, his team has a .390 winning percentage. When Lebron shoots less that 40 percent, his team has a .580 winning percentage.....why? Because Lebron is a FACILITATOR and even when his shot is off, he can do so many other things that Kobe dosent do as well, in order to help his team.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog08 View Post
    Lebrons CAREER low in scoring is 12 points. Lebron does have off nights but at a FAR FAR less rate than Kobe. He is the most EFFICIENT player(which goes hand in hand with consistancy) in the NBA. Thats a Fact. Lebrons worst shooting performance of the season is 6/20. Thats thirty percent. He has shot 30 percent or less 5 times his ENTIRE CAREER. Kobe has shot 30 percent or less, 7 times THIS SEASON ALREADY. Lebron RARELY, maybe ONCE or twice A YEAR has a HORRIBLE night. Again, just a fact.
    When Kobe shoots less than 40 percent, his team has a .390 winning percentage. When Lebron shoots less that 40 percent, his team has a .580 winning percentage.....why? Because Lebron is a FACILITATOR and even when his shot is off, he can do so many other things that Kobe dosent do as well, in order to help his team.
    The Lakers have the best record in the NBA right now, so if that stat is true Kobe cant be having that many off games........

RX MEMBER

The Lakers have the best record in the NBA right now, so if that stat is true Kobe cant be having that many off games........
    They BARELY have the best record. Cleveland has just as many wins and have played 2 more games than LA. That statistic was through the 08-09 season(last year). Pau Gasol is considered to be as important, if not MORE important to the Lakers RECENT success. Most anyone will tell you that. Much like Shaq was during his tenure in LA. Kobe has never and could never win championships without another star player playing with him. Honestly, I would favor Cleveland right now in a 7 game series with LA. Alot of discussion has been had about that and alot of people say that Cleveland is one of the few teams that COULD beat LA in a 7 game finals series if anyone can. Regardless of Shaqs age, Bynum CANNOT check Shaq defensively still. Andrew may have an advantage offensively, but cannot guard Shaq even with Shaq being at the age he is at. Hes just not strong or skilled enough YET. If they decide to double Shaq when he gets the ball, he is a very skilled passer and will find lebron or the open man every time.
    So while LAs record is good right now, I DO NOT expect them to stay at that level record wise. They have played the fewest road games of any NBA team so far and now that they are about to have to start playing road games, we will really see what they are made of. Honestly, I think Dallas will surpass them record wise and it will not be suprising at all if LA were to end up at the end of the year with the third seed. Cleveland is still the best or second best team in the East (either them or Boston).
    When its all said and done, at the end of the year, I believe LA will be in the finals, yes. I also see Cleveland being in the finals as well and in a 7 game series, I think the odds would be very close. Cleveland is more than capable of beating the lakers. It would be too close for me to say who wins but it would be a 6 or 7 game series.

RX MEMBER

Also, rankings just came out today. Cleveland is ranked as the best team in the NBA followed by LA. I thought the Cavs dont have championship squad though.....apparently the people covering the league feel differently, ranking them the best team over LA.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog08 View Post
    They BARELY have the best record. Cleveland has just as many wins and have played 2 more games than LA. That statistic was through the 08-09 season(last year). Pau Gasol is considered to be as important, if not MORE important to the Lakers RECENT success. Most anyone will tell you that. Much like Shaq was during his tenure in LA. Kobe has never and could never win championships without another star player playing with him. Honestly, I would favor Cleveland right now in a 7 game series with LA. Alot of discussion has been had about that and alot of people say that Cleveland is one of the few teams that COULD beat LA in a 7 game finals series if anyone can. Regardless of Shaqs age, Bynum CANNOT check Shaq defensively still. Andrew may have an advantage offensively, but cannot guard Shaq even with Shaq being at the age he is at. Hes just not strong or skilled enough YET. If they decide to double Shaq when he gets the ball, he is a very skilled passer and will find lebron or the open man every time.
    So while LAs record is good right now, I DO NOT expect them to stay at that level record wise. They have played the fewest road games of any NBA team so far and now that they are about to have to start playing road games, we will really see what they are made of. Honestly, I think Dallas will surpass them record wise and it will not be suprising at all if LA were to end up at the end of the year with the third seed. Cleveland is still the best or second best team in the East (either them or Boston).
    When its all said and done, at the end of the year, I believe LA will be in the finals, yes. I also see Cleveland being in the finals as well and in a 7 game series, I think the odds would be very close. Cleveland is more than capable of beating the lakers. It would be too close for me to say who wins but it would be a 6 or 7 game series.
    they gotta make it to the finals before they can play la, which is not likely to happen. cavs aint goin no where this year

Those weekly regular season rankings dont mean shit, they change all the time, Dallas should be number 1 right now imo. The Cavs wont beat a healthy Celtics team in the playoffs. Even you know the Cavs dont have a championship squad, Lebron can only carry them so far. You keep saying Kobe didnt win any titles until he had other players around him (Shaq and Pau), neither did KG, Allen or Pierce, or David Robinson and the list goes on..... and well, Lebron wont win any titles until he has a supporting cast either, and he doesnt have enough of one right now to win. Picking up Shaq in the offseason was a descent move, but its not enough to put them over the hump, hes been inconsistant and struggled to find his role on the team, and who knows what his aging body is gonna be like come playoff time. Shaq is also a liability when the game is tight because of his free throw shooting, which is a big concern for the Cavs because even as a team they dont shoot it well from the line.

RX MEMBER

Those weekly regular season rankings dont mean shit, they change all the time, Dallas should be number 1 right now imo. The Cavs wont beat a healthy Celtics team in the playoffs. Even you know the Cavs dont have a championship squad, Lebron can only carry them so far. You keep saying Kobe didnt win any titles until he had other players around him (Shaq and Pau), neither did KG, Allen or Pierce, or David Robinson and the list goes on..... and well, Lebron wont win any titles until he has a supporting cast either, and he doesnt have enough of one right now to win. Picking up Shaq in the offseason was a descent move, but its not enough to put them over the hump, hes been inconsistant and struggled to find his role on the team, and who knows what his aging body is gonna be like come playoff time. Shaq is also a liability when the game is tight because of his free throw shooting, which is a big concern for the Cavs because even as a team they dont shoot it well from the line.
    First off, Im the biggest Mavs fan that there is. I challenge anyone in the world on that, as I have not missed one Dallas homegame in 10 years, have been to over 200 Mavs away games over the past 10 years and have not missed one other game in that ten years as well. Dallas is playing very good basketball right now, they are as good or better a team than the one who made it to the finals. I would not say they are the best team in the league right now though. I would put Cleveland, LA, Atlanta, and Boston above them right now. Honestly, right now I would put the Cavs 1, Atlanta 2, Boston 3, LA 4 and Dallas 5. Right now, in a 7 game series, Atlanta would beat Boston, LA, and Dallas. People have liked to talk about how atlanta is young and inexperienced, which just isnt true at all. Out of ALL the good teams in the league, they have been together as a team the longest which is why they are playing at such a high level. All those guys, excluding bibby, have played together 5 plus years. Its going to be Cleveland and Atlanta in the Conf. finals. It will be Dallas and LA or Portland(because portland would beat LA in 5 games if you played a series right now) in the West Conf finals.
    You say Lebron can only take his team so far in the playoffs.....well he took a MUCH less experienced team to the finals a couple years ago. Had that team had Shaq, that whole series probably changes. Not that they would have won, but no doubt in my mind it wouldnt have been a sweep.
    All Lebron has to do is GET to the finals and he has a GREAT chance of winning. Just look at Orlando vs LA this past year. People can say all they want, but Orlando as a team outplayed LA in that series. Their inexperience and getting caught up in the moment is what lost that series. Infact, take away 4 just FOUR plays, and Orlando wins that series.
    Just goes to show you that all you have to do is get there and anythng is possible. Kobe is ALREADY showing signs of wearing down this year. He is starting to experience health issues that are those of a player STARTING to start his decline. Not that Kobe is about to fall of the planet, but his age and years in the league are starting to show. Kobe has lived off of his quickness and speed and ability to get to where he wants on the floor and get a shot off. His speed is already down, he is not near as quick as he used to be, cant elevate or run/jump like he used to and if he isnt 100 percent, then its just going to get harder for him down the stretch because he isnt a strong guy really and he cant bang for his points. Lebron dosent wear down. He can bang all day night in and night out and be fine because he is so much stronger than everyone he goes up against.
    The Lakers went and got artest SPECIFICALLY because Kobe cant guard him and cant do much when Artest gets up on him and they dont want Artest beating him up and frustrating him in the playoffs like he did last year. They also got him TO GUARD LEBRON BECAUSE KOBE CANT. Kobe isnt as fast, quick, or Strong as Lebron and one on one that is a horrible mismatch in the playoffs for LA. Artest is probably the only guy in the league who can bang with Lebron.
    Now you say Shaq is a liability for Cleveland in his free throws. Actually he isnt at all. No longer can you do the "hack a shaq" strategy. Shaq has to have the ball for you to send him to the line. You cant just foul him off the ball and have him shoot free throws like you used to. So down the stretch, Shaq will be in there to bang with whoever, alter shots and force you to shoot outside. He may be old, but you still see teams being reluctant to go inside when hes in the game.
    Right now the Lakers cant even keep Gasol and Bynum on the floor at the same time when Gasol comes back because Bynum dissapears EVERY TIME when he plays with Gasol. If that dosent change, the lakers will be in BIG trouble.
    I would take the Cavs in a 7 games series vs LA right now. LA is starting to show signs of missing Gasol and if he cant stay healthy and kobe keeps struggling mightily as he has the past few weeks, LA is going to have a hard hard time even staying in the top 3 in the west.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011