Default Bodybuilder and strongman Vladimir Turchinsky dies

Russian Schwarzenegger dies at 46

Published 16 December, 2009, 13:36
    Edited 17 December, 2009, 09:50
    The heart of one of Russia’s strongest men, Vladimir ‘Dynamite’ Turchinsky, suddenly stopped on Wednesday night. He was just 46 years old.
    The official cause of death is not yet known, but the sportsman’s manager, Elena Dari, told Interfax news agency that Turchinsky died of a heart attack in his home outside Moscow.
    There were also reports that a day before he had undergone a plasmapheresis procedure in order to rejuvenate.
    Turchinsky, who used to work as a bodyguard in his younger years, made his name in the middle of the 1990s, when he was a part of Russia’s team on the International Gladiators TV show. This is where he’s got his nickname – Dynamite.
    He set a number of world records in strength athletics and occupied the position of president of the Russian Federation of Strength Athletics.
    The athlete is included in the Guinness book of records for pulling a double-decker bus weighing 20 tonnes for 100 meters with only his left hand. He also managed to budge the 260-tonne-strong Ruslan cargo plane.
    Turchinsky was also known as a showman and actor. He hosted a number of programs on Russian television – from sports to comedy shows and starred in 27 films.
    He is survived by a wife and two children.

Last edited by Big Al; 12-21-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo

Banned

Another heavy long term drug abuser dead. At a pretty young age. Count them up. They are dropping like flies.

That's too bad. RIP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PSARG View Post
    Another heavy long term drug abuser dead. At a pretty young age. Count them up. They are dropping like flies.

now you know there is no evidence that long term anabolic drug use affects mortality.

lol.

R.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by TPT View Post
    now you know there is no evidence that long term anabolic drug use affects mortality.

lol.
    I would wager that a higher percentage of people that have used steroids die prematurely as opposed to those that haven't, excluding smokers and alchoholics of course.

ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Wacht View Post
    I would wager that a higher percentage of people that have used steroids die prematurely as opposed to those that haven't, excluding smokers and alchoholics of course.
    So your saying that more juicers die young compared to smokers, alcoholics, or obese people? I would take that bet. The one thing that people seem to forget is there is a HUGE difference between steroid users and abusers.

Rip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
    So your saying that more juicers die young compared to smokers, alcoholics, or obese people? I would take that bet. The one thing that people seem to forget is there is a HUGE difference between steroid users and abusers.
    Re-read, he said excluding smokers and drinkers

Sad to hear, never heard of the guy though? should be interesting to see what the autopsy report shows. My guess, enlarged heart from YEARS of gear/gh abuse and seeing as he's Russian, LOTS of vodka.

Did he suffer from MG?? Which has nothing to do with a history of AAS use. Plasmapheresis is a MG treatment.

http://www.mgauk.org/main/gil5.htm

Baldie
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM