Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In A World Where Staying Focused and True Is More Important Than How Much You Can Lift

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by shankuan View Post
    Dang girl...your back is wide AND your waist is small!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

How tall are you?

Good luck with getting the boobies. You were thinking of doing them when AFTER your shows this year?

Thanks girl... its almost too wide and my guru allows me light back workouts every other week... I m about 5'8.5 and the boobies probably wont be until the very end of the year, so definitely after the season... for sure. I just had the consultation yesterday and absolutely loved the doctor right away. So its just a matter of saving up the $$$$$.

In A World Where Staying Focused and True Is More Important Than How Much You Can Lift

Default I am soooo sleepy today!

As much as I love back I am only allowed to do it every other week. But even when I do it, its more of a light training anyway. So yesterday was a good diet day. Going to be changing to different protein hopefully today, but I dont want to waste the little bit of syntha that is left. I just do half a scoop and that actually does the job... Feeling a little bit more tired this week but its all good. Applied for another job. UGH! But I need the money, so I am going to try to go back to personal training again at the same gym that I did before.... I did back yesterday, but it was such a light workout I don't even need to put it down. But it was a 15,12,10,15 rep pattern. Just focusing on the movements.... Love it! Finished it up with some Abdmonials and Cardio.

Default Sick....

Soooo, I have been sick these last four days. And it always happens when I am in pre contest too, never fails! But I am starting to feel better. Worked out yesterday and did Shoulders with Abs and Cardio... This week is going to be a little bit more difficult since I am trying to keep my energy up as much as I can and keep my immune system from shutting down so much.

Assisted Barbell Shoulder press ss front raises with 15lbs (plate)
    10lbs each side x 15 ss 15 raises
    15lbs each side x 12 ss 15 raises
    25lbs each side x 10 ss 15 raises
    30lbs each side dropped to 25lbs x 15 ss 15 raises

Barbell Upright Rows (i felt so weak on these, being sick sux!)
    30lbs x 15
    40lbs x 12
    50lbs x 10
    40lbs x 15

Flat incline shoulder press (on stomach) ss with 1 armed lat raises
    60 x 15 ss with 20lb DB x 10
    75 x 12 ss with 20lb DB x 10
    105 x 10 ss with 20lb DB x 10
    90 x 15 ss with 20lb DB x 10

Abdominals and cardio for 40 minutes....

I was pretty exhausted but glad that I got to sweat out my cold a little bit...

Default Forgot about the weekend... DUH!

Saturday I went to Milwaukee with my roomie Gail, Suzanne Germano and Chase, and new friend Lane with a few other people. We all went to go see our friend Jen Cowan at her powerlifting meet... she did a phenomenal job! And put up some great weight!

After we went to this awesome gym that Suzanne looked up on the registry called "Animal House." It was such a great gym and real old school with the iron weights. We had a warm welcome from the locals at the gym. I hit chest and Arms while the rest of the crew did back.

Incline DB press
    25 x 15
    30 x 12
    35 x 10
    30 x 15

Sitting ISO chest press
    25 x 15
    30 x 12
    35 x 10
    25 x 15

Cable Cross
    20 x 15
    25 x 12
    30 x 10
    25 x 15

I was pretty tired after (only because this was the day that I started to get sick!)

Went and did a couple of Bicep exercises

Preacher Curl
    30 x 15
    35 x 15
    40 x 15
    45 x 12

DBs Curls
    10lbs ss 15lbs DBs x 24
    10lbs ss 15lbs DBs x 20
    10lbs ss 15lbs DBs x 20

Tricep rope pulldowns for 3 sets x 15 (20lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs)

I dont do a lot of arms because they tend to blow up and I have to be careful with how much I train them. My arms were real tight after this small workout. But I did chest in combination as well, which pumps them up a little too.

Went to eat after at one of the Triple D restaurants and I had an awesome salad with some Ahi Tuna on the side and Balsamic V, and some sooked cabbage on the side... Delicious!

yep that's right we are going up to Milwaukee just to do legs at Animal House not this week but probably next weekend woot woot

Talking Straight Leg Day

Sooo... week three is done with dieting and this week was not so bad. I think that my mentality for this sport is a lot better this season than it was last season. I have a lot more support surrounding me from fellow athletes. I am also looking into "other supplements" as well this season. I still need to talk to Kimbo about it but I know that he will set me up for nothing but success no matter the decision. I am starting to try and branch out of the routine diet food. Last time I was eating the same thing over and over and was cheating on my diet. NOT COOL!!!!! So...
    This time around I have been really taking advantage of my food exchange list and eating a variety of proteins and vegetables. Also trying out new spices in order to make my food a little tastier.... not going crazy though. My crankiness level is at about a 4 on a scale of 10 which is good, but I have my moments. I am finally starting to feel better after the dreaded cold that I had coming into the beginning of the week. It kept me out of the gym for one day! Thank God, because I can't not be ready for this show in Apirl. I have my eye on the prize and I can taste the win already.

So yesterday was just a straight leg day. And lets just say that it felt weird not doing super and giant sets for the whole workout. I still sweat a little bit, but it was a simple workout for the legs. The issue that I have with my legs is that they dont want to let go of the deep fat that I am still carrying. Most women have this problem which is part of the reason as to why I am looking into some "other supplements" (not sure which one yet) to help me out. Other than that everything is great. I am going to be taking updated pictures tomorrow morning and will hopefully have them posted by the afternoon this Saturday.

Full Leg Extension
    40lbs x 15
    50lbs x 12
    70lbs x 10
    60lbs x 15

Leg Press
    15, 12, 10, 15 ( i forgot to right down what the weight was! Oops)
    Sitting Hamstring Curl
    70lbs x 15
    80lbs x 12
    100lbs x 10
    90lbs x 15

Front Barbell Squats
    30lbs x 15
    30lbs x 12
    40lbs x 10
    40lbs x 15

Standing Crane Lunges
    3 sets x 20 on each leg (BTW... these sucked and were good all at the same time)

Sitting Calves
    3 sets x 30

Standing Calf Raises
    3 sets x 30

ok so I totally cheated and just looked at the pics...wicked awesome tattoo!!!!!! will you ever color it in? how long did it take? true about that area being really sensitive/hurting like hell during the process?

I love your shape...btw, what's a crane lunge?

This is great and you look fab. Thanks for sharing..I so took notes..wont need them for another 9 months if you no what I mean..come backs are the best they say..best of luck I will be look out for you

Default Hey there!

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    ok so I totally cheated and just looked at the pics...wicked awesome tattoo!!!!!! will you ever color it in? how long did it take? true about that area being really sensitive/hurting like hell during the process?

I love your shape...btw, what's a crane lunge?

I think that I am going to leave my tat the way that it is and may be get additional shading highlights. I am at a total of 8 hours in the chair for whats there now, but have an additional 4 for just shading... AHHHHH! I think with the competing i dont want it to take away from my physique. my nutritionist said the same thing, and we think its best that I leave it the way that it is... but i love having it! sometimes i forget that its even there... LOL!

A crane lunge is when you lunge backwards but bring your back leg up in front of you like you are going to kick forward, while blancing yourself on the opposite leg... i hope that makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by lymbo View Post
    This is great and you look fab. Thanks for sharing..I so took notes..wont need them for another 9 months if you no what I mean..come backs are the best they say..best of luck I will be look out for you

Thank you so much... what are you going to be doing in the next 9 months? And I do know what you mean... LOL! looking forward to seeing you track your progress as well.

Talking Die doing legs.... LOL

Another day with "squat til you puke crew" today was exceptionally hard for me since my strength is a little less with the dieting, but I did pretty good. Suzanne wanted me to puke, but i help it together LOL. Next week I am excited because we are going back to the animal house gym in milwaukee!

I have updated pics ... I am kind of upset because I want to get lean faster.. I even upped my cardio on my own by about 10 minutes. but I have to talk to Kimbo about what I can do. I didnt see too much improvement... I am my worst critic! officially 9 weeks out Monday...

015.jpg

016.JPG

017.JPG

018.JPG

Leg ext cybex ss lying leg curl (feet were with towards out to side)
    110x30 ss 80x30
    130x25 ss 100x30
    150x20 ss 120x20
    170x15 ss 140x15

Hack squat ss reverse hack squat
    2 plates x 15 ss 15
    3 plates x 15 ss 15
    3 plates x 15 ss 15
    3 plates x 15 ss 15

Hammer leg ext one leg at time ss seated ham
    35x15 ss 55x25
    40c15 ss 65x20
    45x15 ss 80x20

Seated leg press machine
    210x20
    Did 5 drops dropped 30lbs per drop all 20 reps
    Last edited by essmonet03; 02-07-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: DUH

Default Posing!

BTW I am sooo much better at posing than what you see... LOL

Default Diet Update!

Ok changes were made not only to my diet but to my cardio as well...

Morning Breakfast:
    (no more fruit) 1/4c of oatmeal (measured dry) and 4 egg whites

Mid Morning: Scoop of Whey with 1 tsp of PB (was at a tbsp)

Lunch: 1 cup of veggies with 4 oz of protein/meat and 1 carb ( I use 2 corn tortillas = 100 cal. and 20g of carbs)

Mid Afternoon Snack 1: 1 scoop of whey
    Mid Afternoon Snack 2: 1 cup of veggies with 4 oz of protein/meat

Dinner: 5 oz of white fish with 10 almonds/cashews 1 cup of veggies, a medium salad with 2 tbsp of balsamic V dressing.

Before Bed: 1 scoop of whey protein

Cardio has changed to 45 minutes at 7 days from 40 minutes at 5 days... Workout schedule has not changed...

Default Finally....

So I finally get a chance to update everyone on the progress! So me and Kimbo talked and we are going to try some supplements that will suck a good portion of the fattiness off my ass! I got a new wig... yes WIG! for the stage and i have to say that i didnt think that i would look so fab in it! LOL Anywho... my cardio is at 2 30 min spilkts at 7 days. The diet hasnt changed at all. I am starting to get tired and exhausted a little bit more than I would like to but I guess that is expected. THe workouts have been going good as usual and no changes there, just still trying to train pretty heavy on shoulders so that I can keep the cap/size as much as I can. I cannot train heavy on my back at ALL! Needless to say I wasnt too happy about that, because I love to train back. As usual my arms can only get trained every other week, and again I love training arms too. Legs are starting to come down early for me, which is great! I guess dieting does work when you dont cheat! Fancy that.... hmmmm.
    So its almost March, and I am going to the Arnold, which I am super stoked about... I will be dieting but I love the Arnold. This will be my second time going. I wasnt able to go last year, but now I am going this year. I get more and more excited everytime I think about getting on stage again, you have no idea! I got my suit and got my shoes... went with a 4.5 inch heel this time... got them at a good price! Super excited... I got pics too, but I apologize with the progress pics being so dark... Toodles!

22257_528765627957_67602076_31302932_5434926_n.jpg

brandfront.jpg

IMG00281-20100212-0731.jpg

Copy of IMG00284-20100212-0739.jpg

Copy of IMG00283-20100212-0738.jpg

Default Updated Pics

Light Back workout with 65 minutes of Cardio...

IMG00290-20100221-1132.jpg

IMG00291-20100221-1133.jpg

IMG00293-20100221-1134.jpg

Feeling good... just had my appointment with Kimbo and changed some things in my diet. My upper body is done, and now its just time to focus on the lower portion of my body... Grrrrrr. Feeling pretty sleepy, but thats nothing new. I am at two 35 minute sessions of cardio. If all goes as planned I will get more food towards the end.... 7 weeks left!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast