Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hair Loss in Female & Test E

Hey ladies -
    I have a gal pal who is a BB and just started a cycle of
    Test E (500mg per wk) and Deca (250 mg).....

She is experiencing considerable hair loss and getting mixed responses as to what she can do to at least slow this down. She is telling me that her hair is litterally coming out in CLUMPS......very upsetting for her!

You gals who have used a similar cylce - anything I can take back to her to help would be appreciated!!!

I am a Figure gal and don't use any of the above so I can't offer her any educated advice.

Thanks!!!
    ~L~

Quote Originally Posted by PFEPerformance View Post
    Hey ladies -
    I have a gal pal who is a BB and just started a cycle of
    Test E (500mg per wk) and Deca (250 mg).....

She is experiencing considerable hair loss and getting mixed responses as to what she can do to at least slow this down. She is telling me that her hair is litterally coming out in CLUMPS......very upsetting for her!

You gals who have used a similar cylce - anything I can take back to her to help would be appreciated!!!

I am a Figure gal and don't use any of the above so I can't offer her any educated advice.

Thanks!!!
    ~L~

That's pretty obvious, stop taking the test and deca. Curious where did she come up with that cycle?

Banned

are those doses for real? if so. what is she thinking??? is she trying to give herself a chemical sex change? thats the same cycle my male friend is on.. losing her hair is the least of her problems..

GYM RAT

Personally, I would stop or reduce the amount of test and deca or remove one element at a time to see which compound is causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's test or deca that converts to DHT (could be both and she's getting a double whammy)

Also, is her hair really coming out in "clumps" or is she just shedding a large amount of hair. I encountered an alarming amount of shedding over the summer (not AAS related) and Sassy recommended 1% 0r 2% Nizoral shampoo. I also incorporated 5000mcgs of biotin a day, put a filter in my shower head and switched shampoos to non-sulfate one. All of the above seemed to slowed down my shedding considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by musclemilf View Post
    Personally, I would stop or reduce the amount of test and deca or remove one element at a time to see which compound is causing the problem. I'm not sure if it's test or deca that converts to DHT (could be both and she's getting a double whammy)

Also, is her hair really coming out in "clumps" or is she just shedding a large amount of hair. I encountered an alarming amount of shedding over the summer (not AAS related) and Sassy recommended 1% 0r 2% Nizoral shampoo. I also incorporated 5000mcgs of biotin a day, put a filter in my shower head and switched shampoos to non-sulfate one. All of the above seemed to slowed down my shedding considerably.

When my nutrients (from bad diet and missing my multivitamin) are off I shed a considerable amount, too. I lost a lot of hair during my first prep, and nearly NONE this prep (nutrition was spot on the entire time) and fell off the wagon a bit right after the show and then I started losing a lot of hair again. Getting my nutrition back is the biggest help in this category. The Nizoral shampoo helps a lot, too (Thanks Sassy!!)

the hair loss is a result of the high test levels and its conversion to DHT from the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. When DHT docks in the AR of the hair follicle it puts the follicle into the dormant phase and thus the hair falls out and a new hair will not grow to replace it. If she insists on using those ridiculously high doses of TE (MISTAKE BTW) and she doesn't mind the penis she will have in a few months... tell her to get topical progesterone and rub it into her scalp each evening prior to bed and in a few weeks the hair will begin to grow again.. and it will take a few weeks as DHT has a great affinity for the AR and it will take the follicle that long to switch back to the anagen phase...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by triceptor View Post
    the hair loss is a result of the high test levels and its conversion to DHT from the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. When DHT docks in the AR of the hair follicle it puts the follicle into the dormant phase and thus the hair falls out and a new hair will not grow to replace it. If she insists on using those ridiculously high doses of TE (MISTAKE BTW) and she doesn't mind the penis she will have in a few months... tell her to get topical progesterone and rub it into her scalp each evening prior to bed and in a few weeks the hair will begin to grow again.. and it will take a few weeks as DHT has a great affinity for the AR and it will take the follicle that long to switch back to the anagen phase...
    completely agree about the big mistake.. long ester test is just a bad idea unless you seriously do not care about virilization

Quote Originally Posted by barbellbarbie View Post
    completely agree about the big mistake.. long ester test is just a bad idea unless you seriously do not care about virilization
    Not to mention the bulk of studies that show higher test levels in women have the opposite effect on the heart than it does in men. It can ruin a woman's heart muscle quickly.

Interesting thing about progesterone.. the molecule is almost identical to that of finesteride... no surprise that it reduces DHT activity..

Thanks guys!! Printed your responses and will take to her.

I am not sure who set her dosage? I do know one of the individuals coaching her is a former Power Lifter and a very big dude - so, not sure if it is coming from him and he just doesn't have the education to be setting her dosage or if she is getting it from a completely different source??

Like I said, I don't use either of these, so I was not a source of assistance for her - so thank you very much for your responses and those of you who took the time to explain the additional risks to what she is doing.

~L~

Banned

Not to mention the bulk of studies that show higher test levels in women have the opposite effect on the heart than it does in men. It can ruin a woman's heart muscle quickly.

Interesting thing about progesterone.. the molecule is almost identical to that of finesteride... no surprise that it reduces DHT activity..
    well at LOW doses it isnt dangerous.. some test is actually fairly healthy for a woman especially as they age.

i would be more concerned with the side effects since those are almost a definite on test e especially at those doses. deca makes this even more pronounced.. i have yet to meet a woman that has run even low doses of deca that didnt have some virilization of some kind and that dose listed is ridiculous even without the huge dose of test

fyi to the OP.. that is over double an HRT dose of test..

Quote Originally Posted by barbellbarbie View Post
    well at LOW doses it isnt dangerous.. some test is actually fairly healthy for a woman especially as they age.

i would be more concerned with the side effects since those are almost a definite on test e especially at those doses. deca makes this even more pronounced.. i have yet to meet a woman that has run even low doses of deca that didnt have some virilization of some kind and that dose listed is ridiculous even without the huge dose of test

fyi to the OP.. that is over double an HRT dose of test..
    Agreed women must have SOME testosterone but those doses on the OP are supra-physiologic fr a man.. Post menopausal women generally target well under 20ng/dl. I would guess at 500mgs a week of TE after the third week test level will be more like 1900ng/dl....

Banned

Agreed women must have SOME testosterone but those doses on the OP are supra-physiologic fr a man.. Post menopausal women generally target well under 20ng/dl. I would guess at 500mgs a week of TE after the third week test level will be more like 1900ng/dl....
    uh ya lol those doses are insane i cant even imagine contemplating that cycle for myself lol

it is possible she wants to grow and fuck the consequences.. i guess i have a hard time understanding that mentality since to me lifting is a hobby and i refuse to fuck myself up permanently over a damn hobby. yes i take CALCULATED risks on my cycles but i also give myself an easy out.. i make sure if its possible to use a short ester i do.. prop for example.. if i suddenly got a sore throat or got hypersensitive/swollen all i would have to do is stop and it will dissipate before i actually have hypertrophy or voice changes.. that is NOT an option with long ester test..

WOW,we just had this huge mega post on this 2 days ago,5oomg of test for a women is INSANE along w/ the 250mg of decca. STOP use your brain thats under what little hair you have left,i'm 5'9' 250 amd take cycles like that(oh and i'm a man)PREP back it off 25 mgs twice a week w/ 50 mg of primo or EQ your gonna look like Vic Richards pretty soon on those doses,are you sure you had those right?

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    WOW,we just had this huge mega post on this 2 days ago,5oomg of test for a women is INSANE along w/ the 250mg of decca. STOP use your brain thats under what little hair you have left,i'm 5'9' 250 amd take cycles like that(oh and i'm a man)PREP back it off 25 mgs twice a week w/ 50 mg of primo or EQ your gonna look like Vic Richards pretty soon on those doses,are you sure you had those right?
    No kidding! I wasn't even aware so many women took test. Pretty scary..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by s2h View Post
    primo and eq are FAR better choices for sure lol i still wouldnt use the test e at any dose personally. why? prop is so much safer in the long run

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast