Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Dianabol~Methandrostenolone

Dianabol

Dbol - Methandrostenolone

This was more or less the second Anabolic Steroid ever produced. The first, as we all know was Testosterone, which was produced in the early 1900´s and experimented with by Nazi´s in WW2, in an attempt to produce a better soldier.

Russian Dianabol and Team Sports History

Russian athletes in the 1953 World Championships as well as the Olympic games then used testosterone with great success. After that, John Zeigler, who was a doctor working with the US Weightlifting Team, began a cooperative project with Ciba to develop an equalizer for US atheletes. Flash forward to 1956 and enter Dianabol ; the original trade name for Ciba´s Methandrostenolone... but called "Dbol" by athletes. The original package insert said that 10mgs/day was enough to provide full androgen replacement for a man and Dr.Zeigler recommended that athletes take 5-10mgs/day. Incidentally, this is also the dose that Bodybuilders were reputed to take from then until roughly the 1970´s. Yeah, this was allegedly Arnold´s dose, Zane´s dose, etc... simply stacked with some testosterone. (For any trivia buffs out there, Dan Duchaine´s mail order steroid business operated under the name "The John Zeigler Fan Club").

Dianabol Steroid Use

Enough with the history lesson, lets get into what this stuff is, and what it does. Well, first off, it´s usually found in pill form, though it can be found as an injectable also (Under the Trade name: Reforvit-B, which is 25mgs of methandrostenolone mixed with B-vitamins). It is a 17aa steroid, which means it has been altered at the 17th Carbon position, to survive its´ first pass through your liver, and make it into your blood stream. It´ll raise your blood pressure (4) and is also hepatoxic (Liver-Toxic), so be careful with it. Although I have known people to take up to 100mgs/day of this stuff and not suffer any ill-effects, and one study looked at that exact dose, and the people involved didn´t suffer any intolerable side effects ( 7). Lets examine this particular study a bit further, though:

In this study, done in the early 80´s, a very high dose of Dbol (100mgs/day for 6 weeks) decreased plasma testosterone to about 40% of it´s normal value, plasma GH went up about a third, LH dropped to about 80% of it´s original value, and FSH went down about a third also (these are all approximate numbers, for the sake of brevity, but you get the idea). Body fat did not go up significantly and Fat Free Mass went up anywhere between 2-7kgs (3.3kgs average gain). The researchers concluded that Dbol increases Fat Free Mass as well as increasing strength and performance. I can only agree, having found this to be the case for me when I did my first cycle (which was 6 weeks of dbol alone at 25mgs/day), I gained roughly 25lbs and kept nearly ½ of it. Since then, Dbol has always had a special place in my heart.

Dianabol Side Effects

As with many other 17aa steroids, Dianabol is also a very weak binder to the Androgen Receptor, so most of it´s effects are thought to be non-receptor mediated, and are attributable to other mechanisms (i.e. protein synthesis as indicated by the production of muscle tissue with very high levels of nitrogen, etc... which was indicated in the 100mg/day study). This also means it only has a modest aromatase activity (2).

How strong is Dbol? Well...on a mg for mg basis, most people agree that it´s stronger than A50...but the reason most people don´t get the same gains off of Dbol is that almost nobody takes equivalent doses (I mean...I´ve heard of people taking 150mgs of A50, but not Dbol, even though the dbol would probably provide more solid gains and be less toxic, I suspect).

So how do we incorporate this stuff into our AAS regimen? Clearly, the inclusion of Dbol at any point in a cycle would contribute to gains, however, I´d speculate that Dbol is most regularly used for 2 reasons

1. At the start of a cycle to "Kick Start" gains.
    2. As a "Bridge" between cycles, to maintain gains.

Lets examine these two uses.

Dianabol Cycle

In order to kick start a dianabol cycle, usually what you do is incorporate a fast acting oral like dianabol (or anadrol) and combine it with long acting injectables (such as Deca or Eq with some Testosterone). The reasoning here is that the oral (Dbol in this case) will give almost immediate results, while the injectable takes time to produce results. The end result is that you start seeing results within the first week of your cycle and continue up until the end with the injectables. This entails taking anywhere from 25-50mgs of dbol (although as little as 20mgs or as much as 100mgs have been reported) for 3-6 weeks at the start of a cycle (average time for a "Kick Start" is 4 weeks, though), and then ceasing their use as the injectables start to produce results.

In order to successfully bridge between cycles (and this means using a low dose of AAS, in this case dbol), you need to recover your natural hormonal levels to pre-cycle levels or to within acceptable parameters, and then you start your next cycle. The idea here is that you won´t lose any gains, but rather a low dose of an AAS will help you maintain them. Typically, you´d use around 10mgs/day of dbol and combine it with an aggressive Post-Cycle Therapy (PCT) course of Nolvadex (and/or Clomid) and HCG. This would give you full androgen replacement from the Dbol and a shot at recovering your natural hormonal levels via the other stuff you are taking. Remember, the 100mg/day dose of dbol in the study we looked at earlier did not suppress Test, LH, or FSH to a degree that would make recovery impossible and certainly not with 1/10th that dose in conjunction with an aggressive PCT.

All in all, this is a very good drug, and a potent tool for quick gains or retaining gains...when used properly and safely.

Dbol Facts

[17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-1,4-androstadien-3-one]
    Molecular Weight: 300.44
    Formula: C20H28O2
    Melting Point: N/A
    Manufacturer: Ciba (originally)
    Release Date: 1956
    Effective dose: 25-50mgs (as low as 10 and as high as 100 have been reported)
    Active Life: 6-8hours
    Detection Time: up to 6 weeks
    Anabolic/Androgenic Ratio (Range): 90-210:40-60

References:

1. Serakovskii S, Mats´koviak I., Effect of methanedienone (methandrostenolone) on energy processes and carbohydrate metabolism in rat liver cells, Farmakol Toksikol 1981 Mar-Apr;44(2):213-7
    2. Brain Res. 1998 May 11;792(2):271-6.
    3. Chemfinder. Copyright 2004 CambridgeSoft Corporation. Cambridge, MA, USA.
    4. Br Med J. 1975 May 31;2(5969):471-3.
    5. www.steroid.com
    6. http://www.*****************.com
    7. Clin Sci (Lond). 1981 Apr;60(4):457-61
    8. Steroids. 1984 Dec;44(6):485-95.
    9. Vrach Delo. 1983 Nov;(11):34-6. Russian
    10. Acta Med Acad Sci Hung. 1975;32(1):27-34
    11. 4 Nesterin MF, Budik VM, Narodetskaia RV, Solov´eva GI, Stoianova VG., Effect of methandrostenolone on liver morphology and enzymatic activity, Farmakol Toksikol 1980 Sep-Oct;43(5):597-601
    steroid.com
    Last edited by heavyiron; 01-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

The effect of anabolic-androgenic steroids on aromatase activity and androgen receptor binding in the rat preoptic area.

Roselli CE.
    Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201-3098, USA. [email protected]

The level of aromatase in the preoptic area of rats is transcriptionally regulated through a specific androgen-receptor mediated mechanism and can be used as a measure of central androgenic effect. Therefore, several commonly abused anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) were tested for their ability to induce aromatase activity in the preoptic area of castrated rats. In addition, we determined the relative binding affinities of these compounds for the androgen receptor, as well as their ability to bind androgen receptor in vivo following subcutaneous injections. All of the AAS compounds tested significantly stimulated POA aromatase activity above castrate levels. The compounds that produced the greatest stimulation of aromatase activity were those that bound most avidly to the androgen receptor in vitro (i.e., testosterone, dihydrotestosterone and nandrolone). In contrast, the 17alpha-alkylated compounds that were tested (stanozolol, danazol, methandrostenolone) modestly stimulated aromatase and were weak competitors for the androgen receptor. The subcutaneous injection of AAS compounds increased the concentrations of occupied nuclear androgen receptors in the brain, but the magnitude of effect was not related to their potency for inducing aromatase or their relative binding affinity for the androgen receptor suggesting that androgen receptor occupancy in POA is not correlated with the action of androgen on aromatase. The present results help explain the behavioral effects of AAS compounds in rats. Copyright 1998 Elsevier Science B.V.

PMID: 9593936 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

RX MEMBER

If you had to choose, what would you go for....

A dbol course at 30mg a day accompanied by nolvadex at 20mg a day

Or

A superdrol course at 20mg a day with nolvadex PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by DanDeats View Post
    If you had to choose, what would you go for....

A dbol course at 30mg a day accompanied by nolvadex at 20mg a day

Or

A superdrol course at 20mg a day with nolvadex PCT?
    dbol.Time tested,gym proven.If you run it alone use nolvadex only if you are prone to gyno,if not there is no need.split the dose 3xper day to take maximum effect and bridge to pct with 10-20mgs per day (one morning dose only) to keep most of your gains.Personally i would add some test,just as i do in every cycle but this is up to you

RX MEMBER

I've been reading that shutdown is faster and harsher with SD - is this the case?

I'll get some nolvadex for PCT. Will 20 mg per day in one dose at night be enough?

Would you need clomid or is that overkill?

Quote Originally Posted by adpolice View Post
    dbol.Time tested,gym proven.If you run it alone use nolvadex only if you are prone to gyno,if not there is no need.split the dose 3xper day to take maximum effect and bridge to pct with 10-20mgs per day (one morning dose only) to keep most of your gains.Personally i would add some test,just as i do in every cycle but this is up to you
    how do you feel about adding some Proviron in the mix? 30mg Dbol + 50mg Proviron

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    how do you feel about adding some Proviron in the mix? 30mg Dbol + 50mg Proviron
    Proviron is always on my list

Quote Originally Posted by DanDeats View Post
    I've been reading that shutdown is faster and harsher with SD - is this the case?

I'll get some nolvadex for PCT. Will 20 mg per day in one dose at night be enough?

Would you need clomid or is that overkill?
    I could be wrong, but I've always thought that superdrol was far more suppressive. Obviously its dose dependent, but mg for mg, there's no comparision - 10mg of dbol taken in the morning will barely effect your hpta. 10mg of superdrol will shut you down hard.

NOVICE

If taken for a kickstart for a test cycle,Doing only 20mg a day how would you take those?

The ones im getting are 20mg,So should i just do 20mg before working out?Or cut them in half and do 10mg upon waking up and 10mg before working out?

^^^this question can be answered if you take the time to read thru some other guys posts about using dianabol.

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter67 View Post
    ^^^this question can be answered if you take the time to read thru some other guys posts about using dianabol.

I read everypost ITT and didn't see anything about that,can u point me in the right direction to read that?

Thanks

ive read a few threads in the actual chem section, not here in the chem profile part, that have the info you are looking for. the general concensus is to take divided doses but with the low dose you are talking about i dont think it will matter.

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter67 View Post
    ive read a few threads in the actual chem section, not here in the chem profile part, that have the info you are looking for. the general concensus is to take divided doses but with the low dose you are talking about i dont think it will matter.
    Ok thanks ill check there,and yea kinda figured that

just browsing through the forums and i remembered a question a friend asked me awhile ago. he said that he heard of tren and dianabol being used together? i didnt know what to say because i've never done anything with pro hormones or things of that nature.

Quote Originally Posted by bodybuilding@17 View Post
    just browsing through the forums and i remembered a question a friend asked me awhile ago. he said that he heard of tren and dianabol being used together? i didnt know what to say because i've never done anything with pro hormones or things of that nature.
    Yes you can, but of course the liver toxicty of both is pretty bad, even though dbols are pretty mild when used in moderation. Test/tren/dbol will get a mofo big, strong, and lean if combined with proper ancillaries and a decent diet and training scheme.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast