Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Insulin Like Growth Factor~IGF 1

by Anthony Roberts - Insulin-like growth factor 1 is a growth factor which is very closely related to insulin. It carries the same amount of amino acids as insulin and responsible for the anabolic reactions to GH. IGF-1 is an important factor in childhood growth and is highly anabolic in adults. It is also known by the brand name Increlex and the generic name mecasermin.

Background

In the 1970's, IGF-1 was known as as "Sulfation Factor" and "Nonsuppressible Insulin-like Activity" (NSILA). In the 1980's, it was known as "Somatomedin C." The most popular type of IGF-1 available on the Black Market is a longer lasting version (more amino acids in length) known as Long R3 Insulin-like Growth Factor-I or Long R3IGF-I. Lr3igf-1 is more potent than the lesser versions which are no longer available on the black market. Of that type of IGF, there are two types commonly available (Media and Receptor grades, respectively). These last two types of IGF mostly just refer to the purity of what is actually in the bottle.

Action

IGF-1 is released in the liver and binds to the IGF receptors within the cells, which ultimately causes a stimulation of cell growth (both causing new tissue formation and existing tissue growth) and an inhibition of cell death. It is a highly anabolic and anti-catabolic compound. For the athlete or bodybuilder, this had many positive effects: increased nitrogen retention and protein synthesis because it is highly anabolic. IGF-1 (in the presence of sufficient protein) actually promotes growth of new muscle cells, which increases the overall number of cells in the muscle.

IGF protects the neurons of the brain as well as promotes growth of new motor neurons, making it more possible to rapidly learn new skills during its use. IGF-1 is also responsible in connective tissue production, improves collagen formation and aids in cartilage repair. Similarly, it affects the bones by aiding in bone production and repair.

Technical Data

In a study done on young adult mice, a compound responsible for increased secretion of IGF-1 in muscle fibers was administered. There was an average increase of 15% in muscle mass and a 14% increase in strength. When the study was then conducted on adult mice, there was a 27% increase in strength in the injected muscles as compared with non-injected muscles. It was also found to prevent aging of the muscles. Muscle mass and muscle fiber growth were similar to the levels found in young adults. These effects are most likely due to the ability of IGF-1 to activate satellite cells, therefore stimulating muscle rejuvenation (1).

In studies conducted where GH and IGF1 were used together, a greater increase of Lean Body Mass and fat reduction was found than by use with each compound alone (2). Researches also believe that use of testosterone would also increase IGF levels in muscle (3). In a 12 week study on subjects using IGF-1, IGF-1+GH, or GH alone subjects in this study, gained around 3kgs of lean mass, and lost around 2kgs of fat(4) .

The complete human IGF-1 Long R3 IGF-1 is 2-3 times more potent than IGF-1 due to less ability to be made inactive by IGF binding proteins (5) (6).

User Notes

I’m actually a very big fan of Lr3 IGF-1. For me, I’ve found that it’s had beneficial effects on helping me recover from training injuries and has shown to be very helpful in improving my strength, speed, and performance. I also noted some pretty enhanced muscle building effects and very enhanced fat burning when I’ve been on IGF…nothing on the level of Anabolic Steroids, but still, the effect was very pronounced.
    Most users opt for a dose of about 100mcg/day injected bilaterally in the muscle group just trained, immediately post workout.

I suspect that in the coming years, more and more professional athletes will be using IGF, as it is very difficult to test for, and many have switched over from GH to this compound already.

Anecdotally, IGF seems to stack best with Trenbolone and Testosterone, and there’s certainly some synergy between these compounds. Lately, MGF is being added to most IGF protocols. For a fuller discussion of how has been done, check out my article “Peptides: The Next Frontier in Hypertrophy."

IGF-1 Resources

IGF-1 Prescribing Information

References
    1. Viral mediated expression of insulin-like growth factor I blocks the aging-related loss of skeletal muscle function.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998 Dec 22;95(26):15603-7.
    2. Recombinant human growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1, and combination therapy in AIDS-associated wasting. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med. 1996 Dec 1;125(11):865-72.
    3. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E601
    4. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Mar;282(3):E601-
    5. IGF-I variants which bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins show more potent and prolonged hypoglycaemic action than native IGF-I in pigs and marmoset monkeys.J Endocrinol. 1997 Nov;155(2):377-86.
    6. In vivo actions of IGF analogues with poor affinities for IGFBPs: metabolic and growth effects in pigs of different ages and GH responsiveness. Prog Growth Factor Res. 1995;6(2-4):385-95. Review.
    Last edited by heavyiron; 02-12-2010 at 04:41 PM.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Recombinant human growth hormone, insulin-like growth factor 1, and combination therapy in AIDS-associated wasting. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.

Waters D, Danska J, Hardy K, Koster F, Qualls C, Nickell D, Nightingale S, Gesundheit N, Watson D, Schade D.
    Department of Medicine/Endocrinology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque 87131-5271, USA.

Comment in:
    OBJECTIVE: To increase lean body mass and improve health status in patients with wasting associated with the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) by treatment with recombinant human growth hormone (rhGH), recombinant human insulin-like growth factor 1 (rhIGF-1), or both. DESIGN: Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. SETTING: University of New Mexico Clinical Research Center and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. PATIENTS: 60 patients with AIDS and wasting as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Patients were divided into four groups of 15 patients each. INTERVENTION: Group 1 received 1.4 mg of rhGH once daily plus placebo twice daily; group 2 received 5 mg of rhIGF-1 twice daily plus placebo once daily; group 3 received 5 mg of rhIGF-1 twice daily plus 1.4 mg of rhGH once daily; and group 4 received placebo three times daily. MEASUREMENTS: Body weight, body composition, muscle strength, protein catabolism, quality of life, and immune status were assessed at baseline, and changes in these variables were measured at 6 and 12 weeks. RESULTS: At 6 weeks, lean body mass had increased and total fat mass had decreased in the groups receiving rhGH, rhIGF-1, or both. Group 3 had the greatest changes in lean body mass (mean +/- SE, 3.2 +/- 0.59 kg; P < 0.001); only in this group were changes in body mass maintained at 12 weeks. Only patients in group 1 had improvement in muscular strength of the knees and upper body (P = 0.04) and quality of life (P = 0.01). Immunologic function did not improve in any group. CONCLUSIONS: Growth factor therapy had significantly increased lean body mass and decreased fat mass by 6 weeks, but these improvements persisted for 12 weeks only in group 3. Growth factor therapy at the dosages used in this study is not recommended because the magnitude of weight gain was modest and improvements in quality-of-life measures varied.

PMID: 8967666 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Last edited by heavyiron; 01-21-2010 at 03:50 PM.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

IGF-I variants which bind poorly to IGF-binding proteins show more potent and prolonged hypoglycaemic action than native IGF-I in pigs and marmoset monkeys.

Tomas FM, Walton PE, Dunshea FR, Ballard FJ.
    Cooperative Research Centre for Tissue Growth and Repair, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.

The relative acute hypoglycaemic potencies of IGF-I and several variants of IGF-I which bind poorly to the IGF-I binding proteins (IGFBPs) have been examined in marmosets (Callithrix jacchus) and the pig. In the marmoset study, IGF-I and des(1-3)IGF-I were compared in anaesthetised and conscious animals in a range of bolus doses from 42 to 270 micrograms/kg body weight. In the pig study, IGF-I was compared with four variants, des(1-3)IGF-I long-IGF-I, R3IGF-I and long-R3IGF-I (LR3IGF-I), which show reduced affinity for the IGFBPs as well as with insulin. Doses in the pig were 20 and 50 micrograms/kg body weight for the IGFs and 3 micrograms/kg for insulin. In each study serial blood samples were taken from 30 min before to 4 h after the bolus injection. Plasma glucose levels were decreased in a dose-responsive manner with the pig more sensitive than either the conscious or anaesthetised marmoset (maximum lowering 4.8, 3.7 and 2.5 mmol/l respectively). The IGF variants were consistently 2- to 3-fold more potent than IGF-I in each animal for lowering of plasma glucose to the nadir, with the potency reflecting the relative affinities for binding to the IGFBPs and the IGF-I receptors. Thus, hypoglycaemic potency was in the order IGF-I < long-IGF-I < R3IGF-I approximately LR3IGF-I < des (1-3)IGF-I. Notably the variants suppressed plasma glucose levels over a much longer period than did IGF-I, the cumulative suppression over four hours showing an approximately 4- to 8-fold increase in the extent of hypoglycaemia. The prolonged suppression was not simply proportional to the hypoglycaemic nadir; at doses equipotent for glucose lowering, the cumulative hypoglycaemic effect for the variants in either species was about 2-fold that for IGF-I. The differential effect of the variants in the marmoset could not be accounted for by correlated changes in plasma insulin, IGF-I or IGFBP levels in plasma. Indirect effects via inhibition of glucagon, or direct effects via hepatic insulin receptors are postulated to account for the results. There was a dose-related reduction in plasma amino acids in the pig but, unlike the case for plasma glucose, only one analogue, LR3IGF-I was more potent than IGF-I. The response to LR3IGF-I was accentuated at the high dosage but on the basis of the other variants tested this effect could not be ascribed to either of the incorporated molecular variations. Despite their more rapid clearance from the circulation, variants of IGF-I which show lower affinity for binding to IGFBPs show proportionately superior potency for sustained hypoglycaemic action. Since our data were obtained in animal models of accepted relevance to humans these results point to the possible superior efficacy of the variants, especially des(1-3)IGF-I, over IGF-I for use as an adjunct to insulin treatment of hyperglycaemic conditions.

PMID: 9415072 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Written by Leigh Penman Thursday, 17 December 2009 00:47

The use of peptides by bodybuilders is still relatively new... so in an attempt to find out more about their applications and benefits I interviewed one of the premier research scientists at a lab responsible for their production.

In the weeks ahead I will examine many of these substances, but I thought I would start off with one of the most popular products on the market, the peptide known as Long R3 IGF-1 ...

For those not familiar with this compound can you tell us a little about it?

"IGF-1 is basically a polypeptide hormone that has the same some of the same molecular properties as insulin. In fact, IGF actually stands for insulin-like growth factor. IGF-1 is primarily responsible for long bone growth in children and it also affects muscle growth and repair of adults. Long R3 IGF-1 is a more potent version of IGF-1. It's chemically altered to prevent deactivation by IGF-1 binding proteins in the bloodstream. This results in a longer half-life of 20-30 hours instead of 20 min.

What benefits can it offer the bodybuilder?

IGF-1 greatly boosts muscle mass by inducing a state of muscle hyperplasia (increase in number of new muscle cells) in the body,.

How does its effects compare to that of Growth Hormone?

"Long R3 IGF-1 can directly stimulate muscle growth when compared to growth hormone (GH). This is because GH indirectly results in growth and repair by first inducing IGF-1 release in the liver.If you don't have to worry about IGF-1 release in the liver (because your directly injecting the IGF-1), new growth will be optimized."

Is there a benefit to using both of these substances together?

"Many research studies have shown that GH and IGF-1 act synergistically to augment the effect of either hormone taken individually. So, the greatest results will take place when effective dosages of both hormones are injected. Usually 10-20mcg of IGF-1 (post workout) and 2-4IU GH (with breakfast) is the ideal stack for optimal reults and minimal side effects.

Certain steroids such as NPP and Trenbolone (to name just two) actually increase IGF-1 production. Could someone still benefit from adding it if they were using one of these substances?

"The IGF-1 that's produced from the use of fast acting Nandrolone or Trenbolone is nothing signficant when you compare to the amount that's contained in a single 10mcg Long R3 injection. Having said that, it's safe to inject exogenous IGF-1 while taking either one of these compounds.

Is IGF-1 of greater or lesser value when it comes to healing injured tissue?

"Tissue build up is one of the main features of IGF-1, so I'd say it's of greater value. IGF-1 can genetically change muscular and cellular counts within the body; it can also enhance the body's ability to regenerate damaged tissue. In fact, IGF-1 is now under intensive research for its potential to repair tissue in burn patients, and for its regenerative effects on AIDS patients suffering from muscular wasting. Immediate effects are, of course, impossible to observe since it takes a respectable amount of time to see any visible changes in muscular repair."

Due to its effects on insulin should diabetics exercise caution when using it?

"Not really; aside from the fact that "more is not better", there's no known lethal risk of administering IGF-1 to diabetic patients. In fact, IGF-1 can reduce the body's need for insulin, and according to one short study, it can reduce insulin dependence of the body by as high as 45%. This may bring very promising results if we are allowed to study this matter further. If anyone experiences any uncomfortable side effects, stop it's usage and see if the side effect disappear."

What is the difference between LONG R-3 IGF-1 and the standard IGF-1?

"Just as it was mentioned earlier, Long R3 IGF-1 is a chemically altered version of IGF-1. It has added amino acid chains that prevent it from being deactivated by IGF-1 binding proteins in the bloodstream. This gives Long R3 IGF-1 a much longer half-life. It's the 83 amino acid equivalent of IGF-1 that consists of the complete human IGF-1 sequence substituting the Glu (E) to the Arg(R) at position three. The structure also has an added 13 amino acid extension peptide by the N terminus. Overall it's a more biologically active version of the original IGF-1."

How is IGF-1 best mixed and stored?

"Assuming that we use the lyophilized form (dry powder) of Long R3 IGF-1, equivalent to a 1000 mcg vial, it is best prepared by using 1ml or 2ml of acetic acid. Let the acetic acid seep into the vile after removing the vacuum from the container. Then, let the mixture in the vial sit for a while. Put it in the fridge where the IGF-1 mixture can dissolve without accidentally knocking the vial or shaking its contents. Then afterwards, it's all about diluting your Long R3 IGF-1 in NaCl or bacteriostatic water before intra-muscular or subcutaneous entry."

What is the best way to use it in your opinion?

"The best way to use it is to use it in regulated dosages. Ususal dosages of Long R3 IGF-1 are 10mcg to around 50mcg per day. IGF is usually available by the milligram (1000mcg), which is equivalent to using 20mcg a day for 50 days. But for the most part, the actual dosage depends upon how much the person is able to spend on Long R3 IGF-1, although most are usually satisfied with the 20mcg per day dosage. Additionally, IGF is also best taken either IM or subcutaneously, having more direct effects on the body when injected. It's also recommended to be taken during the morning or after weight training sessions."

Is there a benefit to using it bi-laterally in trained muscles after workouts?

"Well, if one feels like getting both sides to grow equally for a shorter time, then I guess yes, there are certain benefits. There are some bodybuilders who practice this method because they feel like one part of their muscle group grows faster than others. And some just like the idea of being able to develop multiple muscle groups simultaneously. The truth is that once injected, the IGF-1 enters the bloodstream and doesn't stay, locally, in the particular muscle it was injected into. By that token, IGF-1 might as well be injected into a single injection site."

What is the best dosage and length of cycle?

"The regular dosage of most users of Long R3 IGF-1 is 20mcg a day. The 20mcg value is acquired from the total amount that you have to take within 50 days. It's usually already effective at this rate, as it is enough to be fully absorbed by the body to achieve the desired effect. Most users and even bodybuilders alike are also satisfied with the said dosage, although they may take the dosage at different times during the day than others. Too much IGF-1 will result in downregulation of IGF-1 receptors on the surface of muscle cells. This will essentially hault any gains from the injected IGF-1 since very little receptors means very little response!"

Are effects more immediate than with GH use?

"Yes, based on the facts mentioned earlier, effects are more immediate. IGF-1 is the compound that directly reacts with the proteins in the body, and consequently also directly effects muscle and tissue growth. GH on the other hand, is only the one who signals the other compounds to react (IGF-1 being one of those compounds), making the process quite slower. Therefore, effects are definitely quicker and faster when you use IGF-1 instead of ordinary GH."

Finally, are any side effects attached to its use?

"IGF-1 is commonly known to cause feelings of fatigue. Some people feel very tired quickly when using this compound. It can, however, be looked at in a more positive light since more sleep means better growth. Other side effects include muscular stiffness, headaches, occasional nausea, and some also claim that it's sometimes responsible for hypoglycemia or low blood sugar."

http://www.rxmuscle.com/articles/che...-r3-igf-1.html

Banned

Found this in some old files. Hope it helps clear up some confusion.

first remove the vacuum from the vial, by injecting air into it. when the
    vacuum is gone it will no longer pull the plunger down

i personally use 2mlof 0.6% acetic acid solution because it is easier to measure later when you draw it into a syring.

after removing the vacuum SLOWLY add AA to the vial. try not to let the
    stream of aa hit the powder directly, try to let it run down the glass
    into the powder. when the aa is in gently swirl the vial until all is
    disolved. do not shake.

a 1ml syringe is marked like this llll10llll20llll30llll40llll50llll60...etc
    a 1/2 ml syringe is like this llll5llll10llll15llll20llll25llll30

on a 1ml each line represents 2 units 2,4,6,8,10
    on a 1/2 ml each line is 1 unit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. this makes it easier
    to measure.

so if you use 1ml of aa, on a 1ml pin, each line is 20mcg. on a 1/2ml pin
    each line is 10mcg

if you use 2ml of aa, on a 1ml pin each line is 10mcg, on a 1/2 ml each
    line is 5mcg...the 5line is 25mcg, 10 line is 50mcg...etc

so you see that the easiest way to measure is using 2ml and a 1/2ml pin

your igf is stored in aa solution, nacl can be added to dilute at the time of
    injection. draw twice as much nacl as igf. so if you draw igf to the ten
    line, draw nacl to the 30 line and you are ready to go.

Once again, the diluent should be. a true .6% aa solution and, if desired
    nacl(saline solution) to dilute. diluting lessens the sting from the acid
    and prevents tissue necrosis.

In vivo actions of IGF analogues with poor affinities for IGFBPs: metabolic and growth effects in pigs of different ages and GH responsiveness.

Walton PE, Dunshea FR, Ballard FJ.

Cooperative Research Centre for Tissue Growth and Repair, Adelaide, Australia.

IGF-I analogues that bind poorly to IGFBPs are substantially more potent than IGF-I at stimulating growth in rats. However, rodents differ from other mammals because they contain only minimal circulating levels of IGF-II and they are poorly responsive to GH. In this report we review a series of experiments carried out in pigs, a species that is both GH responsive and has high blood concentrations of IGF-II. Intravenous bolus administration of IGFs to 55 kg pigs depressed blood glucose with the potency greatest for analogues such as des (1-3) IGF-I, R3IGF-I and Long R3IGF-I that showed the weakest binding to pig IGFBP-3, a similar efficacy pattern to that reported in the rat. Chronic subcutaneous administration of Long R3IGF-I, however, reduced growth rates, led to a depression in food intake and lowered concentrations of IGF-I, IGF-II and IGFBP-3. IGF-I itself depressed IGF-II concentrations and did not stimulate growth. Subcutaneous infusion of IGFs over a 3-day period, also in 55 kg pigs, demonstrated that analogues that bound least well to IGFBP-3 were the most effective at reducing the concentration of this binding protein, suggesting that the inhibition of growth was related to the depression of IGFBP-3. On the other hand, IGF-I and Long R3IGF-I increased growth rats in neonatal pigs, especially under conditions of reduced food intake. As these anabolic effects occur at a developmental stage where the animals are insensitive to GH in a manner analogous to the situation in rats, it is plausible that the feed-back inhibition of GH secretion explains the catabolic response to IGFs in older pigs.

PMID: 8817682 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

IGF-1

Most of the benefits of HGH are derived from IGF-1 including fat loss and lean mass gains. In many ways HGH can be thought of as an IGF-1 precursor. In vivo IGF-1 is created by the metabolization of HGH in the liver.

The most noticeable short term result of IGF is fat loss. IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy. Other benefits of IGF-1 include:

•increased amino acid transport to cells
    •increased glucose transport
    •increased protein synthesis
    •decreased protein degradation
    •increased RNA synthesis

The one limitation of IGF-1 is that its half-life in vivo is extremely short. This limitation is overcome with the creation of synthetic long r3 IGF-1, which has a much longer half-life than both synthetic and endogenous IGF-1. Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Long R3 is a Synthetic Peptide that is an analog of human IGF-I with a 13 amino acid extension at the N-terminus.

Long R3 IGF-1 is in sterile lypholized kits with Acetic Acid for dilution. Long R3 IGF-1 is a research peptide and is not intended to treat or cure any conditions and should be used as a research chemical ONLY.

Steps for Dilution:

•Each Long r3 IGF-1 kit contains:
    •1000mcg of lypholized Long R3 IGF-1
    •2 CC’s of 0.6% Acetic Acid
    •10 CC’s of IV grade Sodium Chloride

Step one:

Remove the tops of the IGF-1 vial and the Acetic Acid

Step two:

Dilute the IGF-1 with 2 cc’s of Acetic Acid.

***Note: This creates a concentration of 500mcg/ml. So each 1/10 of a CC is 50mcg’s. After dilution store the IGF-1 in the refrigerator at approximately 4 degrees Celsius.

Step three:

Draw the desired amount of IGF in to a syringe.

Step four:

Draw twice the liquid amount Sodium Chloride in to the same syringe

Step five:

Administer to your test subject

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    IGF-1

Most of the benefits of HGH are derived from IGF-1 including fat loss and lean mass gains. In many ways HGH can be thought of as an IGF-1 precursor. In vivo IGF-1 is created by the metabolization of HGH in the liver.

The most noticeable short term result of IGF is fat loss. IGF prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy. Other benefits of IGF-1 include:

•increased amino acid transport to cells
    •increased glucose transport
    •increased protein synthesis
    •decreased protein degradation
    •increased RNA synthesis

The one limitation of IGF-1 is that its half-life in vivo is extremely short. This limitation is overcome with the creation of synthetic long r3 IGF-1, which has a much longer half-life than both synthetic and endogenous IGF-1. Insulin-Like Growth Factor I, Long R3 is a Synthetic Peptide that is an analog of human IGF-I with a 13 amino acid extension at the N-terminus.

Long R3 IGF-1 is in sterile lypholized kits with Acetic Acid for dilution. Long R3 IGF-1 is a research peptide and is not intended to treat or cure any conditions and should be used as a research chemical ONLY.

Steps for Dilution:

•Each Long r3 IGF-1 kit contains:
    •1000mcg of lypholized Long R3 IGF-1
    •2 CC’s of 0.6% Acetic Acid
    •10 CC’s of IV grade Sodium Chloride

Step one:

Remove the tops of the IGF-1 vial and the Acetic Acid

Step two:

Dilute the IGF-1 with 2 cc’s of Acetic Acid.

***Note: This creates a concentration of 500mcg/ml. So each 1/10 of a CC is 50mcg’s. After dilution store the IGF-1 in the refrigerator at approximately 4 degrees Celsius.

Step three:

Draw the desired amount of IGF in to a syringe.

Step four:

Draw twice the liquid amount Sodium Chloride in to the same syringe

Step five:

Administer to your test subject
    what kind of fat loss results can i expect with this drug?? the same as GH??? im gonna start this for my competition in may, but i just need to understand better the way we mix the liquids and what type of liquids we should use.
    this is kinda confuse heavy :/

GH is better for fat loss.

in my book real 1gf come on ice

GH is better for fat loss.

Thanks a lot bro, u being help me a lot

honestly thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    Found this in some old files. Hope it helps clear up some confusion.

first remove the vacuum from the vial, by injecting air into it. when the
    vacuum is gone it will no longer pull the plunger down

i personally use 2mlof 0.6% acetic acid solution because it is easier to measure later when you draw it into a syring.

after removing the vacuum SLOWLY add AA to the vial. try not to let the
    stream of aa hit the powder directly, try to let it run down the glass
    into the powder. when the aa is in gently swirl the vial until all is
    disolved. do not shake.

a 1ml syringe is marked like this llll10llll20llll30llll40llll50llll60...etc
    a 1/2 ml syringe is like this llll5llll10llll15llll20llll25llll30

on a 1ml each line represents 2 units 2,4,6,8,10
    on a 1/2 ml each line is 1 unit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. this makes it easier
    to measure.

so if you use 1ml of aa, on a 1ml pin, each line is 20mcg. on a 1/2ml pin
    each line is 10mcg

if you use 2ml of aa, on a 1ml pin each line is 10mcg, on a 1/2 ml each
    line is 5mcg...the 5line is 25mcg, 10 line is 50mcg...etc

so you see that the easiest way to measure is using 2ml and a 1/2ml pin

your igf is stored in aa solution, nacl can be added to dilute at the time of
    injection. draw twice as much nacl as igf. so if you draw igf to the ten
    line, draw nacl to the 30 line and you are ready to go.

Once again, the diluent should be. a true .6% aa solution and, if desired
    nacl(saline solution) to dilute. diluting lessens the sting from the acid
    and prevents tissue necrosis.

So i can use 2ml of AA, each 10mg of liquid will give me 25mcg right??

[quote=musclesearch;1024226]
    Written by Leigh Penman Thursday, 17 December 2009 00:47

How is IGF-1 best mixed and stored?

"Assuming that we use the lyophilized form (dry powder) of Long R3 IGF-1, equivalent to a 1000 mcg vial, it is best prepared by using 1ml or 2ml of acetic acid.

First off Heavy let me say that you sir have the best info I have found on the net about IGF!!!!

My question is about the acetic acid.....it makes me nervous. Is there something else that could be used to mix the IFG? If not why?

THX for the info
    AA barely stings but you can typically use Bac water if you use the IGF right away before it degrades the peptide.

PENCILNECK

L-IGF3 and PEG MGF ..DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE TWO PEPTIDES?

Quote Originally Posted by joe leger View Post
    L-IGF3 and PEG MGF ..DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE TWO PEPTIDES?
    check out jachelbs threads..he gives you everything you will need to know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast