Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Happy Birthday

NPC Bodybuilding Competitor 2hot4u's Avatar

honey, I love you but OMG! Why did you have to post a pic of my FAVORITE CAKE that i can't have until saturday!!! lol It is all good I think every bday i have had for the last 8 years i have been on a show diet so i am used to this. but come saturday i get my cheat meal as long as dave doesn't take it away!!! lol

Thats why you have your cheat meal before you check for a reply from Dave..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERGOD View Post
    Tell Katelynn that my bus is rollin in style..

That bus is super coolio style. I will let K know LOL

Ok I super suck, Lisa is one of bestest friends and I forgot her birthday, I am smacking myself upside the head for that. sorry girl.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU YOUNG THANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T LOOK AT THAT PIECE OF CAKE LOL THUNDERGOD YOU MEANY. CAKE AFTER SHOW AND LOTS OF IT.

HAVE A GREAT GREAT GREAT BIRTHDAY.

LOVE FROM ALL OF US SHAWN, CLAIRE, KATEYLNN AND LEXIE

Don't worry Claire, I would have forgotten all about her birthday if it was for the fact she made a note on the calander. I will text you a pic of her early BD present..

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

aw happy birthday sweetie! i hate birthdays, so prep is perfect...no one can fuss over it!

Well, I couldn't get her everything she wanted for her birthday, but I did get her 1 thing she asked for and 1 thing she didn't ask for but needed..And we will have a little BD dinner on Saturday for her cheat meal.

so what did you get her?????

BARBARIAN BROTHER

Happy Belated Birthday Lisa! Hope you have a great weekend!

BARBARIAN BROTHER

After seeing what happened to some of Lisa's friends when they posted pics, she has decided not to post any. It seems like when people post pics, it turns into a bit of a pissing match. Not to mention, people want to "promote" one athlete over another and try and choose a winner before the show even starts. That is just a sad fact of the internet these days and I feel it is unfair to all athletes.

It is tough for women to compete in the sport of bodybuilding, they work just as hard if not harder than men do and get little respect for their hard work. So when women post progress pics, it seems like an open invatation for the "negative" people to come out of hiding.

I now a lot of women post progress pics to either keep themselves on track or to motivate others which is commendable and in some cases, needed. I have seen pics of some people and their progress and have been supportive and impressed with most of them, but, like I stated before, when women are posting progress pics as they are prepping for a show, people try to pick the winner and looser before the show starts and it is not only unfair to the athletes competing, it does an injustice to all women who want to be judged fairly at these shows.

I have a lot of respect for female bodybuilders and would like to see them judged fairly on the stage and not in a forum. All of you women should be proud of what you have accomplished and should want to be judged on show day and not weeks before.

Enough with my ramblings. Best of luck to all that will be competing this year.....And yes honey(2hot4u,) that includes you..LOL
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    so what did you get her?????
    Got her one of these...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Before everyone freaks out the reason for this is we had a carjacking at gun point on the parking lot where i work!!!! It was at 4:45 am and i don't go into work until 6 a.m. The lady was ok but shook up. This totally uncommon in the area where my gym is. We are going to a conceal and carry class this coming saturday. I am really a little nervous since i have not had alot of experience with handling guns at all. I did however go to the range sometime ago with my husband and friend and I guess it was beginners luck but i hit the target smack in the forehead more than once!!!

It seems like with the economy the way it is that people are doing more and more crazy things and i don't feel it is going to get any better soon. We all have to protect ourselves and i hope to god I never have to use this bday present!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot4u View Post
    Before everyone freaks out the reason for this is we had a carjacking at gun point on the parking lot where i work!!!! It was at 4:45 am and i don't go into work until 6 a.m. The lady was ok but shook up. This totally uncommon in the area where my gym is. We are going to a conceal and carry class this coming saturday. I am really a little nervous since i have not had alot of experience with handling guns at all. I did however go to the range sometime ago with my husband and friend and I guess it was beginners luck but i hit the target smack in the forehead more than once!!!
    It seems like with the economy the way it is that people are doing more and more crazy things and i don't feel it is going to get any better soon. We all have to protect ourselves and i hope to god I never have to use this bday present!!
    OK, that is total BS!!! Beginers luck you say??? You pop the target in the forehead and then told you "No way!! Do it again." And you did!!! I think you were a highly trained pro in a previous life. We should have framed that target.

hey lisa i dont blame you. my hubby is a cop and also a weapons training officer for the state police, corrections and local pds. he knows first hand the slime that walks the streets. good for you!

Been telling her about the scum out there for a long time, but we have lived in a really good area, but since the economy is in the crapper, NO ONE is safe.....except those who are armed of course

Hey!!! What the hell happened to your journal???

IFBB Pro & Physique Critique Judge IslandGirl's Avatar

Happy Be-lated Birthday!!! Wanted to check up on how you're doing....
    LiquidSunRayz Sponsored Athlete
    www.tracybodner.com

sorry i haven't been on here much but trying to stay focused and not look up pics of others i know are doing the same shows. lol it is a mind game. anyway, i got the smack down last week from dave. more cardio, less oz of meat in meals and no more cheat meals booo hooo but it is all going to be worth it in the end and i know that. thanks for reading the journal and i will try to keep writing here more often

PENCILNECK

sorry i haven't been on here much but trying to stay focused and not look up pics of others i know are doing the same shows. lol it is a mind game. anyway, i got the smack down last week from dave. more cardio, less oz of meat in meals and no more cheat meals booo hooo but it is all going to be worth it in the end and i know that. thanks for reading the journal and i will try to keep writing here more often
    All your hardwork WILL be worth it girl...and you are lookin amazing! Been practicing my hootin' and hollerin' for the trip to Vegas!

Good for you, I think everyone should have the right to protect themselves...you are not alone in your feelings about the way things are going. I feel lucky I am not closer to the city.

Keep up the good work girl, losing that cheat meal sucks BUT as we know it is part of the journey, and although long and hard this journey creates a very special unique bond that brings us crazy women together!

Hi everyone, Well my pics to dave was good so no changes this week!!! I am getting really excited for the show to get here. I have been working on my routine and posing. I have to get my photo shoot clothes together for i am shooting with james cook on sunday after the show!! I still have to book some for the usa's and hope to do some at the mansion that everyone talks about!!! I took yesterday off weight training to get some much needed house work done and feel like i did pretty good considering that i usually feel like just sitting on the couch or searching the web lol and today it is arms and of course cardio that is a everyday thing. up to 110 mins a day which i split up into 2 sessions. Today i had to get up at 1:45am to do 70 mins and had to be at work by 4:30am yippee and then i will do 40 mins later after weight training. That is one thing i don't miss after the shows is cardio. I don't mind 20 or 30 mins a few times a week but the 2 sessions everyday is getting old and only 5 plus weeks to go i am on the home stretch!!! I am so glad that my last show is in vegas and i have got on my plans to have breakfast at one of sallyanne's favorites "hash house a go go"!!! OMG this place is the best ever!!! If i have photo shoots sunday then we are going monday morning for sure!!! not to mention the buffets lol

well, i better get some work done or my boss is going to kick me. lol

Trained shoulders and hammy's today and had a great workout!! i had a bump in the road for my diet yesterday. I get one day of fats and over did it and of course am beating myself up bad for it. Then, today i had 3 people say that they thought i looked leaner!!! wow that was cool. I have gotten my head back on straight and back on track. I am not one to eat something totally off my diet but i do have trouble with my fats, I love pb and nuts and at times the other person that lives inside of me takes over. lol

don't worry i am bringing the best package i have in 5 weeks!!!

Yes you looked leaner and more vascular. Those veins in your back were insane. We are going to use a dark back drop this week to do your pictures.

Girl you are doing awesome hang in there

Thanks Claire, some days are better then others. but i will make it!! I got 10 more mins of cardio so that is now 120 mins a day!! whew! i split it up into 3 sessions starting this week to make it better for my sanity. I am going to have to work on tighten up my glute and hammy tie in but being a woman this is the area that always seems to come in last!!! I have legs today so i will be doing some walking lunges and deep squats!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by claire View Post
    Girl you are doing awesome hang in there

hang in girl...i MAY be at masters after all.....ill let you know when i know for sure. my BFF is doing it....and id get to see YOU too!

Wow, that would be so great!!! Keep me posted ok!!!
    hang in girl...i MAY be at masters after all.....ill let you know when i know for sure. my BFF is doing it....and id get to see YOU too!

And today you train back...lucky you! You have done something that I thought could not be done, and that was make your back better. You have improved everything this year, but gee whiz...your freakin back!!!

But I still have one over on you!!!!! I had to brush my teeth with the kitten on my back..that was a true test of strength and patients. LOL

ill see you there!

IFBB Pro & Physique Critique Judge IslandGirl's Avatar

Hey Lisa! You're looking bad ass girl! Keep it up!
    LiquidSunRayz Sponsored Athlete
    www.tracybodner.com

thanks islandgirl!!! I am doing a video for rxmuscle on a workout and should be up sometime maybe next week!!! only have 4 pounds to make weight so i should be able to do that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    Hey Lisa! You're looking bad ass girl! Keep it up!

Good luck Lisa!!

video is done! We also took a few pics of her and her back is just SICK!!! Of course everything else is coming right along and seems to be right on track, but her back makes me jealous.

Thanks Amy Lynn!! I will do my best at both shows coming up in a few weeks. I will get back on here update you all tomorrow. I have been trying to focus on my training and diet. This is one of those "i am so hungry" days but I will make it thru!! I have faith and I have to be shredded and ripped to the bone!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyLynn View Post
    Good luck Lisa!!

Almost there!! Thinking of you and empathizing...stick with it girl

Excited to see your video...

Getting close!

We will briefly be in st Louis. We are drving from home (chicago area) to st louis saturday. Staying in Maryland hsights at the drury inn on dorsett and having bandanas bbq (when we are in town longer we train at the golds on dorsett) Sunday AM we drive out to Rolla drop off chritine at Missouri u of science and technolody then drive back to chicago. Not any time for fun we will have the dogs with us or we would have made it a longer trip.

hang in girl..sending hugs to you!

thanks tammy, 2 and a half weeks to go to showtime!!! Hopefully video will be online this week!!!

Thanks Jen, I am patiently waiting the goodies lol
    hang in girl..sending hugs to you!

Have you forgotten your journal??? good thing I live with you or I would be going nuts.....oh wait....never mind.

Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

Have you forgotten your journal??? good thing I live with you or I would be going nuts.....oh wait....never mind.
    lol.

I noticed the AVI change and had to come in here to tell you how good you look!

I bought an iPod touch for prep so I can watch movies while I do cardio. I used it today for the first time and an hour went by so fast I couldn't believe it. I've also learned to read while cardioing - whatever it takes to get the time to go by.
    Team GAT
    http://www,teamgat.com/
    sally@teamgat.com

BARBARIAN BROTHER bndniron4evrgal's Avatar

great training video!! it's about time to see what you've really been up to!

awesome bod! kuddo's to hard work............and just to know you are a COUGAR!! lol

GREAT LUCK to you at master nationals.

BARBARIAN BROTHER bndniron4evrgal's Avatar

lisa, i had another question for you too. i know you follow dave's diet and i hear it gets pretty extreme towards the end as far as energy goes......how do you maintain your "everyday life" plus training plus so much cardio??

Well the cardio is low intensity so that is like walking on the treadmill and it just goes back to the drive to succeed and do your best. The nutrition gets hard based on how your body responds. If you have some fat still to get off in the end then it is going to be a little tougher and requires more focus. I have a few more days to go and it is show time so here we go!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    lisa, i had another question for you too. i know you follow dave's diet and i hear it gets pretty extreme towards the end as far as energy goes......how do you maintain your "everyday life" plus training plus so much cardio??

I just wanted to pop in and say I loved the video and I'm glad I finally got a peek! You look amazing!

I just started with Dave yesterday. So here we go!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast