Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Default Melanotan II Instructions

A compilation of information regarding how to use MT-II for research. MT-II is an analog of the peptide hormone alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone (α-MSH). This hormone acts on melanocytes to stimulate melanin production. Melanin is your pigment responsible for your tan. MT-2 out competes a-MSH for binding to melanocyte receptors in humans and other mammals because it has a binding affinity over 1000x. This is the reason why the fair skinned CAN reach a natural tan

Please pursue information regarding the usage of these products from your own research, academic journals, or the research of your in-house scientific team. Products are sold for research purposes are not for human consumption. Remember when you contact these types of stores/sponsors not to relate the questions or topics to human consumption or they tend not to answer. Cause after all, we know that this is for your experiments and not for human consumption.

Mixing: Add bacteriostatic water to the vial when you are ready to begin journey. It starts to degrade after being reconstituted.
    Comparable homemade video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpQSxbf4ZM8"]YouTube- PT141 Bremelanotide How to Mix and Use the Libido Drug for Men and Women[/ame]

I recommend adding 100 units of water to the vial. The average vial being small and holding a maximum of 2ml or 200 units. This will minimize the volume that you have to inject and will simplify the arithmetic.

http://peptidecalculator.com/

1ml syringe, 1ml bact water to reconstitute
    Calculations (given you want a .5mg dose):
    step 1= 1ml
    step 2= 10mg MT-II
    step 3= 1ml bact water
    step 4= 500mcg dose
    2-3 ticks on your insulin pin (1/20th a syringe full)

Some people prefer to add more dilutent which works fine, take note of the volume increase.

Needles: 29-31 gauge X 1/2", 1 CC (100 unit). Typical insulin needle. Once you get your technique perfected, it is almost painless. More info

Starting dose: Your first injection should be a very small dose, for example .25mg. See how you react. Goal should be to feel nothing. Dose after dinner, before bed. Any dosing chart stating that you should take a high dose (according to your weight) is outdated and potentially dangerous.

Loading dose: I recommend loading with 0.5-1mg once a day. People who have used doses in this range generally report getting excellent results. Don’t worry if you miss occasional days. It will not make much difference, focus on the cumulative effects.

Maintenance dose: Maintenance is taking doses less frequently to avoid becoming darker than you want while protecting yourself. Yes, that will happen. With enough UV, you will get much darker than you have even been before. I recommend .5mg every mon. and thurs. In my case, I tan on Weds. in between the two doses, then in the weekend during the summer I am in the sun. It works great.

UV Radiation:
    MT-II is not a good sunless tanner. Melanotan on its own can pigment your skin. You need UV (from sun or a tanning bed) to develop a tan. Without UV almost nothing happens. In other words, NO UV = NO TAN. Those who have never tanned before, load for a month and then start UV exposure, peers will be astounded by how fast and how dark you get.

Watch yourself: Your tan can sneak up on you. A tan generally sets in 3 days after UV radiation

Avoid burning:
    You are protected from burning mostly by your tan, not the melanotan II that you have taken. Therefore, don’t overdo the rays right away. Take it slow. Start with only as much UV that you could tolerate without burring before you started melanotan II. Gradually increase your exposure. It shouldn’t take many weeks before you can tolerate many hours of strong sun without burning...which truly is incredible for those who have never had the experience.

Continue your regular daily dose until you have reached your desired tan and do not want to become darker. Then cut injection frequency to once every 2, 3, 4, or even 7 days. You will have to experiment to find the frequency that gives you the tan that you want.

After mixing with water, it should be refrigerated. Not a problem to store 8 weeks or more

Melanotan:

Storage: It is a very durable peptide. Before it is mixed with water, melanotan II is quite stable and can last for months at room temperature. Shipping on any sort of ice is unnecessary.

Do you have to inject MT-II?
    Yes. The best, most efficient method of administering melanotan is via sub-q injection. Nasal sprays do not work.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCN3W6p43fk"]YouTube- SUBCUTANEOUS INJECTION animation sample[/ame]

Note: There are many things you will need to consider before experimenting with this peptide. MT-II is not an approved drug (anywhere to my knowledge). MT-II is legal to buy, possess, etc. Variables such as skin type and individual goals need assessment, create a user log. When you start using melanotan to tan keep in mind that tanning is literally a side effect, not the objective. Melanotan is not going to color your skin, it is going to make your own skin create its own tan and that in turn creates UV protection. If you are looking to be some bronzed beach god with perfectly uniform and specific color then you are better off to going to mystic tan.

Know your skin type: Knowing your skin type will help you create a user log. There are 10s of thousands of melanotan users worldwide who share the experience

Am I a good candidate for MT-II?
    Melanotan is best suited for the folks with skin types I & II

How should I dose MT-II?
    Start out with small doses and build up. A typical starting dose is around .25mg and max dose reaching 1mg. More preparation the better. For every side effect, there is a remedy. Ask questions.

Things to consider:

There is no magic pill or formula. Few dermatologists know about melanotan. The skin is a large, unpredictable organ. Feel comfortable and confident with MT-II before use. Check out as many before and after photos and user logs as you can.

How much should I buy and how long will it last?

Skin type I: 30-50mg
    Skin type II: 20-30mg
    Skin type III: 10mg
    Should last entire summer or season

Melanotan and finances?

Is melanotan cost prohibitive? Absolutely. There is no reason any melanotan user should be on a budget. At the same time, MT-II is a valuable investment for the prime candidate.
    Initial investment can be $150-200 for product, $90 for tanning salon (you know the fees, commitment,lotions, etc add up). HOWEVER, melanotan has a lasting effect.
    As a user for the past 4 years I will paint a rough picture of my expenditures as I remember them:
    2005: 30mg first purchase, tanned in the sun...learned a bit about my skin type I body
    arrived at a tan 3-4 weeks later and was blown away. Must have bought another 20mg and spent $300 total
    2006-2007: Probably invested in 100mg over the course of those two years...vacationed a lot and spend ~$600 on melanotan and brief months at the salon
    2008: 30-40mg used, very small doses required for results this year ($200?)
    2009: 20-30mg ...so maybe $100
    Future I anticipate using 1-2 vials/yr.

How soon will I begin to see results?

You should notice a change in your skin tone after three to four weeks. If you have freckles, expect them to get darker before your actual skin color changes.

How long will tan last?
    A tan developed using melanotan II lasts much longer than an ordinary tan. A well-tanned person returning from a beach holiday will lose most of the tan in a month if they stop getting sun. But if they had been using melanotan II and continued on maintenance after returning, they would still have most of their tan 3 months later. Below is a chart for melanotan one and melanin density. Keep in mind MT-II users use far less mg per mg as it is all the more efficient. Melanotan's half life is very short however the effects can be far reaching

Side effects of MT2?

Possible short-term side effects you should know about, including: nausea, appetite loss, upset stomach, facial flushing and increased libido. Lethargy, yawning and stretching can be noticed from the aphrodisiac. These may be noticeable during the first few days of treatment but should taper off.

ya this stuff is pretty cool.. would like to hear more about personal experience on it though

Banned

My wife uses it religiously in the spring and on through the summer. She is perennially fish-belly white skinned, burns at the drop of a hat, and the darkest she ever was prior to MTII was slightly off white.

With MTII, she gets savagely dark with no burning whatsoever and a minimum of sun exposure.

I have said this in a different thread, but I'll say it again here: MTII is probably the greatest invention of the last 25 years.

works good. Ive only got one coat of protan that i rinsed b4 my shoot
    <<<

Banned

http://melanotan.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

dedicated to the discussion of bot MTI and MTII.

is it legal to buy?

Banned

^^^^^^^Just like any other peptide.

link to a source then? just curious how much a vial would cost to see how much it would cost to give it a try

Banned

Go the the MT discussion board I linked to above, or just go to tanresearch.com which is owned by the OP in this thread (or at least it was the last time I checked).

Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    Go the the MT discussion board I linked to above, or just go to tanresearch.com which is owned by the OP in this thread (or at least it was the last time I checked).
    ya i looked at the forum and checked it out and they wanted you to pm them for a source.. that was too much work for me at this point i just want to know if it is even an option price was for me and if thats the case then do the research and go from there.. Tan Research worked great thanks man

RX MEMBER

i liked it a lot....if you have freckles then they'll get somewhat darker but its def a great product

Absolutely love the stuff!

I know of several places that sell the stuff, and some are much cheaper then others. Never pay more then 40 dollars for 10mg, if you do then you got ripped off. I've seen it for as low as $22, $30 to $35 is a good price. I used it a couple of years ago and it worked incredibly. People were accusing me of being 'black'. It tans everything evenly, even the unit. For loading, I would inject 1mg a day for 10 days straight and then go to every other day. Some respond a lot quicker then others. If you inject too much at a time, you'll get nauseous and may even vomit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Wacht View Post
    . For loading, I would inject 1mg a day for 10 days straight and then go to every other day. Some respond a lot quicker then others. If you inject too much at a time, you'll get nauseous and may even vomit.
    1mg/day made my wife sicker than hell. She found that if she starts at .5mg on day one and increases the dose each day for the first 5-7 days, she is able to handle 1mg fairly easily.

Also - you still need to get some sun. Not nearly as much as you need without MTII - but you still need a little. MTII is not a sunless tanner.

Banned

One additional note - in some women, MTII has the very desirous side effect of making them quite horny. So much so that researchers took another look at the peptide, and found that they could isolate what caused the increase in libido and created a new peptide called PT-141.

google it. It is quite a breakthrough in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast