Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    OLYMPIAN

This News Release post has my recommendation for "Most Thought Provoking Post of 2010." Talk about bombshells!

Quote Originally Posted by Author L. Rea View Post
    ALR Industries was the original sponsor of MG with one of our past employees as a host. We did so with the intent of promoting many aspects of women both as athletes and people most either know little of or would enjoy an opportunity to discuss and listen to. It is often forgoten that all of us are human with personal lives as well. Sadly it did not turn out that way and we dropped it. (Before the few who will bitch about us dropping it...you are certainly welcome to pick up the rather large bill monthly it cost to make this available to the industry we support at no profit to us). To summarize however, love us or hate us, we never accept mediocrity nor ever will. Likely this is why we have the highest arrest record in the industry at expos and our after hours parties...yes we are proud to say that.

ALR Industries is the sponsor of the new MG and very proud of it. Dave and John have worked hard to put together a far more complete open show and even allowed us to have a part in deciding who will be hosting and the wider open criteria it will offer with the base credo of mediocrity sucks. Laina/Raven has played a key role in the ideas and formatting at Dave's request. In fact, I think she may be one of the first guest? Since she is a woman with more heart than most male or females I have yet to know...she has been back to back with me more than once in bar/club/after hours party fights as well as one Hell of a CFO (she has also survived being married to me for many years as another far more trying example...sorry in advance Babe, as a guy, you already know I am going to do something stupid before the day is over...and enjoy doing so).

Part of the criteria is listener access including posting and call-ins with a much wider topic base. The new hosts are the best and we want to thank the Manion's for allowing us to include them as well as thank both ladies (to be announced who soon) for the excellence they are bringing with them to the show...as well as RX Muscle. They are the real deal. (If not we will cancel our sponsorship faster than an a subscription to "Boy's Life" in Prison).

Thanks for including us BTW: Plan on Aaron and Carl...and naturally Dave and John (Duh!), working with us to provide some content never done before. I know, every idiot wants to market someone or themselves as/with "Biggest", "Best", or some made-sadder-heartfelt-personal-story solely as a means to promote themselves that we all have dealt with in our lives. We just want to have fun being part of the WHOLE industry we love. Why else would we pay for and sponsor so many NPC/IFBB shows and forums/radio shows we get no financial return from? 54 in 2009 BTW.

Author L. Rea

PS: Thank you ladies, John and Dave for allowing us to be part of this potential to raise the bar way above where it has been anywhere prior.

We do wish Collete the best and know she will do well in her future endevors.
    Attached Images Attached Images

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

this sounds like some exciting things are going to happen. and a call in would be a great idea...or at least answer posted questions. i was always a fan of the show and thought krissy and colette did a great job, but change can be a good thing!
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

ALR Industries is the sponsor of the new MG and very proud of it. Dave and John have worked hard to put together a far more complete open show and even allowed us to have a part in deciding who will be hosting and the wider open criteria it will offer with the base credo of mediocrity sucks. Laina/Raven has played a key role in the ideas and formatting at Dave's request.
    Thank you for sponsoring MGI initially and for sponsoring v2.0. Looking forward to the new show!

Why else would we pay for and sponsor so many NPC/IFBB shows and forums/radio shows we get no financial return from?
    Don't they announce you as a sponsor, though? That has to have some value, or not?

54 in 2009 BTW.
    And thank you for that! Will you be sending Aaron to Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Would you think the hosts should post here as much as they do on other forums?
    Or should this just be a spot to have an audio show and then move on to posting elsewhere? I don't care if it is required or not. It does make a statement though as to their relationship with the forum/s.
    Off Topic is here and elsewhere and has been a very successful show, yes?

I'd have to check what section of Rx Muscle Carl posts to, if at all. He's never hit Scramble or Big J1 Daily Trivia, though.

Aaron gets around on the boards. Or at least two that I'm aware of.

And I'm concerned less with statements and more with entertainment. Off Topic produces! As does HMR, After Hours, and the rest of the shows.

OLYMPIAN

It was intended to be a broad statement. However, I was only referring to Colette & Krissy as I'd hoped to see them here more.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Off Topic is here and elsewhere and has been a very successful show, yes?
    I'd have to check what section of Rx Muscle Carl posts to, if at all. He's never hit Scramble or Big J1 Daily Trivia, though.
    Aaron gets around on the boards. Or at least two that I'm aware of.
    And I'm concerned less with statements and more with entertainment. Off Topic produces! As does HMR, After Hours, and the rest of the shows.

OLYMPIAN

Putting A Fork In It:

Rhea referred to the hosting of the program as very costly and suggested the content was mediocre. While I don't know how much he paid to sponsor the podcast the content was not mediocre. And while I hope the next group of ladies and possibly the ones after, etc. have a wonderful run I'll miss hearing Colette and Krissy's show. They did a terrific job and their show was a special one with an energy between them that cannot be duplicated. There needs to be some Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Talk Show Hall of Fame and Colette Nelson and Krissy Chin's photographs behind their microphones need to be there for all to see for time and memorial. The same with Dave & John's show at MD. Just as the Muscle Mob for me will always be Dave Palumbo & John Romano, the Muscle Girls Inc will always be Colette Nelson & Krissy Chin.
    Maybe a name change is in order. Some people in the industry don't like the term muscle. Maybe it could be called Body Girls Inc

Good Day.

Owner ALR Industries Author L. Rea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Thank you for sponsoring MGI initially and for sponsoring v2.0. Looking forward to the new show!

Don't they announce you as a sponsor, though? That has to have some value, or not?

And thank you for that! Will you be sending Aaron to Australia?
    1) Our pleasure on the sponsorship and thanks for noticing.

2) LOL, announcing who sponsors a show has little sales value as a rule any more than sponsoring a competition (we always lose money on it but there is more to a passion than money). Without looking it up can you name 5 shows we were the tilte sponsor for in 2009?

Realize it cost us $25k to sponsor/attend/expo a smaller show, then staff, booth space Teamsters, electrical, shipping, housing, clothing and overtime for say 6 of our people adds another $25k. The Olympia was $210k last year including we throw the after hours party (you cannot use that one as one of the 5 now. lol). Awesome times by the way! We grossed more for 2009 (we did 54 shows) than 2007 which we only were able to be at 6 shows..but our net or take home was 29% more for 2007. I have owned a few companies in the industry in the last 5 years and found that a company that does no shows and just a few mags grosses about the same as one that does and sponsors radio shows, boards etc too. But the net (take home) is far higher for the company that does not sponsor. We do it because we love our industry and give back to it for all the support you give us. There would be no shows if sponsors did not pay the bills, but we would not be here without your support. People use our products becasue they work, not because they saw our name on a poster or stage. As example us and a few others pulled out of the Ironman due to some BS they pulled and the show was cancelled.

Funny event to consider is this. I presented some trophys at Nationals last year and asked 15 athletes back stage who the main sponsors were...none knew any but we had some close guesses, lol. But damn we had fun at the show and after!

3) No, we were not planning to send Aaron to Australia but I guess we could. Hmmm, should we punch a few air holes in te box? He really is a great guy...

BTW: Plan on some good changes in shows this year. Been working on it for a couple of years now with some top dawgs in the IFBB and NPC...and got a green light for 9 shows so far just this week. The Jr Nationals WILL BE the best Jrs yet both for athletes and those who want to see it...and 8 others...so far.

Owner ALR Industries Author L. Rea's Avatar

Putting A Fork In It:

Rhea referred to the hosting of the program as very costly and suggested the content was mediocre. While I don't know how much he paid to sponsor the podcast the content was not mediocre. And while I hope the next group of ladies and possibly the ones after, etc. have a wonderful run I'll miss hearing Colette and Krissy's show. They did a terrific job and their show was a special one with an energy between them that cannot be duplicated. There needs to be some Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure & Bikini Talk Show Hall of Fame and Colette Nelson and Krissy Chin's photographs behind their microphones need to be there for all to see for time and memorial. The same with Dave & John's show at MD. Just as the Muscle Mob for me will always be Dave Palumbo & John Romano, the Muscle Girls Inc will always be Colette Nelson & Krissy Chin.
    Maybe a name change is in order. Some people in the industry don't like the term muscle. Maybe it could be called Body Girls Inc

Good Day.
    Name change...not a bad idea. Dave, John?

OLYMPIAN

Name change...not a bad idea. Dave, John?

Cool, glad I didn't piss you off

Every time I see "No Bull" I think No Bull Radio; John & Dave.
    Won't Ever Change.

OLYMPIAN

Please no "Body Girls Inc" though
    That shit stinks.

Why on earth would ALR get pissed LOL..

Cool, glad I didn't piss you off

Every time I see "No Bull" I think No Bull Radio; John & Dave.
    Won't Ever Change.

ALR Industries was the original sponsor of MG with one of our past employees as a host. We did so with the intent of promoting many aspects of women both as athletes and people most either know little of or would enjoy an opportunity to discuss and listen to. It is often forgoten that all of us are human with personal lives as well. Sadly it did not turn out that way and we dropped it. (Before the few who will bitch about us dropping it...you are certainly welcome to pick up the rather large bill monthly it cost to make this available to the industry we support at no profit to us). To summarize however, love us or hate us, we never accept mediocrity nor ever will. Likely this is why we have the highest arrest record in the industry at expos and our after hours parties...yes we are proud to say that.

ALR Industries is the sponsor of the new MG and very proud of it. Dave and John have worked hard to put together a far more complete open show and even allowed us to have a part in deciding who will be hosting and the wider open criteria it will offer with the base credo of mediocrity sucks. Laina/Raven has played a key role in the ideas and formatting at Dave's request. In fact, I think she may be one of the first guest? Since she is a woman with more heart than most male or females I have yet to know...she has been back to back with me more than once in bar/club/after hours party fights as well as one Hell of a CFO (she has also survived being married to me for many years as another far more trying example...sorry in advance Babe, as a guy, you already know I am going to do something stupid before the day is over...and enjoy doing so).

Part of the criteria is listener access including posting and call-ins with a much wider topic base. The new hosts are the best and we want to thank the Manion's for allowing us to include them as well as thank both ladies (to be announced who soon) for the excellence they are bringing with them to the show...as well as RX Muscle. They are the real deal. (If not we will cancel our sponsorship faster than an a subscription to "Boy's Life" in Prison).

Thanks for including us BTW: Plan on Aaron and Carl...and naturally Dave and John (Duh!), working with us to provide some content never done before. I know, every idiot wants to market someone or themselves as/with "Biggest", "Best", or some made-sadder-heartfelt-personal-story solely as a means to promote themselves that we all have dealt with in our lives. We just want to have fun being part of the WHOLE industry we love. Why else would we pay for and sponsor so many NPC/IFBB shows and forums/radio shows we get no financial return from? 54 in 2009 BTW.

Author L. Rea

PS: Thank you ladies, John and Dave for allowing us to be part of this potential to raise the bar way above where it has been anywhere prior.

We do wish Collete the best and know she will do well in her future endevors.

Sounds like there's a lot to look forward to - I'll definitely be listening to the first show.

I agree a name change seems like a good idea.

It was intended to be a broad statement. However, I was only referring to Colette & Krissy as I'd hoped to see them here more.
    Understood.

1) Our pleasure on the sponsorship and thanks for noticing.

2) LOL, announcing who sponsors a show has little sales value as a rule any more than sponsoring a competition (we always lose money on it but there is more to a passion than money). Without looking it up can you name 5 shows we were the tilte sponsor for in 2009?

Realize it cost us $25k to sponsor/attend/expo a smaller show, then staff, booth space Teamsters, electrical, shipping, housing, clothing and overtime for say 6 of our people adds another $25k. The Olympia was $210k last year including we throw the after hours party (you cannot use that one as one of the 5 now. lol). Awesome times by the way! We grossed more for 2009 (we did 54 shows) than 2007 which we only were able to be at 6 shows..but our net or take home was 29% more for 2007. I have owned a few companies in the industry in the last 5 years and found that a company that does no shows and just a few mags grosses about the same as one that does and sponsors radio shows, boards etc too. But the net (take home) is far higher for the company that does not sponsor. We do it because we love our industry and give back to it for all the support you give us. There would be no shows if sponsors did not pay the bills, but we would not be here without your support. People use our products becasue they work, not because they saw our name on a poster or stage. As example us and a few others pulled out of the Ironman due to some BS they pulled and the show was cancelled.

Funny event to consider is this. I presented some trophys at Nationals last year and asked 15 athletes back stage who the main sponsors were...none knew any but we had some close guesses, lol. But damn we had fun at the show and after!

3) No, we were not planning to send Aaron to Australia but I guess we could. Hmmm, should we punch a few air holes in te box? He really is a great guy...

BTW: Plan on some good changes in shows this year. Been working on it for a couple of years now with some top dawgs in the IFBB and NPC...and got a green light for 9 shows so far just this week. The Jr Nationals WILL BE the best Jrs yet both for athletes and those who want to see it...and 8 others...so far.
    Thank you for the detailed response.

And, dude, if you sent Aaron to the Australian Pro show I'd totally get a shout out on Off Topic!

lol

Seriously, Aaron is a great guy. "X2" on that.

And, no, unfortunately, I definitely cannot name five shows which you were the title sponsor.
    I see your point.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by TPT View Post
    muslcpapa, all out the loop! lol.

check out the female participation in this thread- the only current thread related to female competiors.

we have the likely suspects of only: sallyanne, maz, and gm. this must indicate something. and its not to move this thread elsewhere.

did i miss anyone?
    You missed me, but my comments were not well received. I listen to all the shows but rarely post.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by chicken breast View Post
    You missed me, but my comments were not well received. I listen to all the shows but rarely post.
    They should have known when they saw your breast

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast