Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Cartman's body double bad rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Respect my Authoritah!
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    1949925

    Default

    Another study on 12 men using 2.5mgs weekly to normalize HPTA from obesity induced suppression.

    http://www.eje-online.org/cgi/reprint/158/5/741.pdf

  2. #17
    Cartman's body double bad rad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Respect my Authoritah!
    Posts
    984
    Rep Power
    1949925

    Default

    Another good one using high doses of Letrozole, the T increases were over 300%.

    http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/90/10/5717

  3. #18
    GYM RAT bringingthehuge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    3101

    Default

    What is the best way to use Letrozole ?( dosage and duration)

  4. #19
    MUSCLEHEAD mr intensity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009
    Rep Power
    120048

    Default

    hey heavy iron,
    is there any relation between SHBG levels, and letrozole...all i knew was to either use stanazolol 50mg eod or proviron.... some guy told me about letrozole greatly reduces SHBG levels... need to know if it is correct...

    thanks

  5. #20
    Chemistry Experiment heavyiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    anabolicmuscleforums.com
    Posts
    6,249
    Rep Power
    2147827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr intensity View Post
    hey heavy iron,
    is there any relation between SHBG levels, and letrozole...all i knew was to either use stanazolol 50mg eod or proviron.... some guy told me about letrozole greatly reduces SHBG levels... need to know if it is correct...

    thanks
    Letro does lower SHBG some.


    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.


  6. #21
    GYM RAT Jermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    12389

    Default

    http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/90/10/5717.short

    Comparative Assessment in Young and Elderly Men of the Gonadotropin Response to Aromatase Inhibition


    1. Guy G. T’Sjoen,
    2. Vito A. Giagulli,
    3. Hans Delva,
    4. Patricia Crabbe,
    5. Dirk De Bacquer and
    6. Jean-Marc Kaufman

    - Author Affiliations

    1. Department of Endocrinology (G.G.T., H.D., P.C., J.-M.K.), Ghent University Hospital, 9000 Ghent, Belgium; Department of Public Health (D.D.B.), Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium; and Department of Internal Medicine Subdivision Endocrinology (V.A.G.), Ospedale Putignano-Noci, 70017 Bari, Italy


    1. Address all correspondence and requests for reprints to: G. T’Sjoen, M.D., Department of Endocrinology, Ghent University Hospital, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium. E-mail: [email protected].


    Abstract

    Context: Aging in men is associated with a decline in serum testosterone (T) levels.
    Objective: Our objective was to assess whether decreased T in aging might result from increased estradiol (E2) negative feedback on gonadotropin secretion.
    Design and Setting: We conducted a comparative intervention study (2004) in the Outpatient Endocrinology Clinic, Ghent University Hospital.
    Participants: Participants included healthy young and elderly men (n = 10 vs. 10).
    Interventions: We used placebo and letrozole (2.5 mg/d) for 28 d, separated by 2 wk washout.
    Main Outcome Measures: We assessed changes in serum levels of free E2, LH, and FSH, free T, SHBG, and gonadotropins response to an iv 2.5-μg GnRH bolus.
    Results: As assessed after 28 d of treatment, letrozole lowered E2 by 46% in the young men (P = 0.002) and 62% in the elderly men (P < 0.001). In both age groups, letrozole, but not placebo, significantly increased LH levels (339 and 323% in the young and the elderly, respectively) and T (146 and 99%, respectively) (P value of young vs. elderly was not significant). Under letrozole, peak LH response to GnRH was 152 and 52% increase from baseline in young and older men, respectively (P = 0.01).
    Conclusions: Aromatase inhibition markedly increased basal LH and T levels and the LH response to GnRH in both young and elderly men. The observation of similar to greater LH responses in the young compared with the elderly does not support the hypothesis that increased restraining of LH secretion by endogenous estrogens is instrumental in age-related decline of Leydig cell function.


    • Received May 3, 2005.
    • Accepted July 18, 2005.

  7. #22
    GYM RAT Jermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    12389

    Default

    Note that Letro does not lower E2 by 98% as some claim. But instead by about 50% just like any other AI. And that's on young and elderly men who are not on exogeneous suprphysiological doses of testosterone either. 98% E2 reduction was noted in a study done on women with breast cancer.

  8. #23
    Chemistry Experiment heavyiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    anabolicmuscleforums.com
    Posts
    6,249
    Rep Power
    2147827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jermo View Post
    Note that Letro does not lower E2 by 98% as some claim. But instead by about 50% just like any other AI. And that's on young and elderly men who are not on exogeneous suprphysiological doses of testosterone either. 98% E2 reduction was noted in a study done on women with breast cancer.
    Yup, I have been making this point for a long time now. Female studies are useless when it comes to E2 suppression from AI's in men.


    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.


  9. #24
    RX MEMBER adpolice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    100646

    Default

    So then it comes the late debate,test+a.i pre contest or non aromatize anabolics?Personal experience proved that the second option is best...Even at 5mg of letro per day my estrogen were still high at 750mg of test per week and i had to use a lot of diuretics to drop the water,i end up flat and bad..my first contest i droped test the last 3weeks and used masteron+var only,i came up hard and dry without even using a diuretic...The conclusion is use your ai to control estro levels but still they will be higher than normal,not optimal when chasing perfection..
    Last edited by adpolice; 09-20-2011 at 04:16 PM.

  10. #25
    Chemistry Experiment heavyiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    anabolicmuscleforums.com
    Posts
    6,249
    Rep Power
    2147827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adpolice View Post
    So then it comes the late debate,test+a.i pre contest or non aromatize anabolics?Personal experience proved that the second option is best...Even at 5mg of letro per day my estrogen were still high at 750mg of test per week and i had to use a lot of diuretics to drop the water,i end up flat and bad..my first contest i droped test the last 3weeks and used masteron+var only,i came up hard and dry without even using a diuretic...The conclusion is use your ai to control estro levels but still they will be higher than normal,not optimal when chasing perfection..
    All good points brother.


    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.


  11. #26
    GYM RAT Jermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    12389

    Default

    Looks like I'll be dropping my test 3 weeks out then, lol

  12. #27
    RX MEMBER fishmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the northwoods...
    Posts
    330
    Rep Power
    15898

    Default

    Tren,halo, masteron & Anavar....One fuckin incredible stage stack!!!

  13. #28
    RX MEMBER BlueBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    14994

    Default

    A friend said that Letro would get rid of entirely starting gyno, Although after doing my research on here i don't think he's right. What is the truth? Just curious. Thank you

  14. #29
    Chemistry Experiment heavyiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    anabolicmuscleforums.com
    Posts
    6,249
    Rep Power
    2147827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
    A friend said that Letro would get rid of entirely starting gyno, Although after doing my research on here i don't think he's right. What is the truth? Just curious. Thank you
    Post #3 is good evidence that Letro does cure/reduce new gyno symptoms. I would definitely give it a try before opting for surgery brother.


    All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.


  15. #30
    RX MEMBER jwerge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    17333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Yup, I have been making this point for a long time now. Female studies are useless when it comes to E2 suppression from AI's in men.
    If it only blocks about 50% of E2, then what is the reason to use it over aromasin, adex etc. ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •