Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
    If you are so religious that you are worried about Kosher, then you probably shouldnt be using steroids anyway. IMO that is like a catholic having premarital sex but not using a condom because its against their religion. But then again I think all the religions are

What? Are you being serious? Religious people shouldn't use steroids?

Please give me the bible passage that says "thou shalt not inject testosterone".

Hate religion all you want. But if you are going to post in a public forum about it at least try not to sound like you just did.

ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    What? Are you being serious? Religious people shouldn't use steroids?

Please give me the bible passage that says "thou shalt not inject testosterone".

Hate religion all you want. But if you are going to post in a public forum about it at least try not to sound like you just did.
    First, posting a bible verse to prove my point would be completely against my last statement. If I believe all religions are BS and basically made up, why would I post a verse from a fictitious book to prove my point?

Second, even if I did believe the bible as fact, just because it does not say it is wrong specifically does not mean that you are supposed to do it. Im pretty sure the bible says nothing about how it is wrong for a man to have sex with a 12 year old girl, but i would hope the people in here would see it as wrong?
    (EDIT: I dont know every verse of the bible, so if this scenario is in there Im sure I can come up with atleast 10 more.)

And please don't get me wrong, I am not against the us of AAS, but they should not be brought up in a discussion with religion IMO.

Banned

First, posting a bible verse to prove my point would be completely against my last statement. If I believe all religions are BS and basically made up, why would I post a verse from a fictitious book to prove my point?

Second, even if I did believe the bible as fact, just because it does not say it is wrong specifically does not mean that you are supposed to do it. Im pretty sure the bible says nothing about how it is wrong for a man to have sex with a 12 year old girl, but i would hope the people in here would see it as wrong?
    (EDIT: I dont know every verse of the bible, so if this scenario is in there Im sure I can come up with atleast 10 more.)

And please don't get me wrong, I am not against the us of AAS, but they should not be brought up in a discussion with religion IMO.

You said no religious person should use steroids. I asked you to show me - albeit sarcastically - where you base this on. And this is your reply?

what is "kosher"?

Quote Originally Posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    You said no religious person should use steroids. I asked you to show me - albeit sarcastically - where you base this on. And this is your reply?
    That was not really the intent by my original comment, because truthfully I could give a fuck what others do. Juice, don't juice, makes no difference to my life. What I was trying to say is that if you are a seriously religious person, not just someone who believes, I don't really see how you can look at taking drugs as non-sinful....especially since most people take steroids for narcissistic reasons which leads to Pride, which happens to be one of the deadly sins. I am not trying to say its wrong, I am saying I dont see how the two can really go together. If someone wants to explain it to me I am open to listening.

really, what is kosher? I am not American or Jew or whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    really, what is kosher? I am not American or Jew or whatever!
    From Wiki
    Kosher foods are those that conform to the rules of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish"]Jewish[/ame] religion. These rules form the main aspect of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut"]kashrut[/ame], [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judism"]Jewish[/ame] [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dietary_law"]dietary laws[/ame].
    Reasons for food being non-kosher include the presence of ingredients derived from non-kosher animals or from kosher animals that were not properly slaughtered, a mixture of meat and milk, wine or grape juice (or their derivatives) produced without supervision, the use of produce from Israel that has not been [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithe"]tithed[/ame], or even the use of cooking utensils and machinery which had previously been used for non-kosher food.

Food in accord with halakha (Jewish law) is termed kosher

Banned

I know there are "Jews for Jesus", so perhaps there are "Jews for Steroids".

Also, maybe Addison K. could explain a "blessing on a kitchen" seeing as how this thread became so 'rabbinical'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Addison K. View Post
    I just saw Aaron Singerman's signature and it made me think: Are steroids kosher?

I know there are certain food choices/combos and blessing of kitchens, but how would steroids be viewed?

Aaron, Dave, anyone else?
    Oy Vey!!!

Banned

That was not really the intent by my original comment, because truthfully I could give a fuck what others do. Juice, don't juice, makes no difference to my life. What I was trying to say is that if you are a seriously religious person, not just someone who believes, I don't really see how you can look at taking drugs as non-sinful....especially since most people take steroids for narcissistic reasons which leads to Pride, which happens to be one of the deadly sins. I am not trying to say its wrong, I am saying I dont see how the two can really go together. If someone wants to explain it to me I am open to listening.

I am on trt because of low test. It is not really for pride. I do enjoy being stronger and bigger, though.

You could look at it as leading to pride - or you could look at it as taking care of God's temple.

But that is neither here nor there. You clarified your statement. I am a non-religious believer, so I really can't tell you what they would think. The religious dogmatics have a shitload more stuff to worry about besides juicing when they have to sit in the judgment seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Singerman View Post
    IN my household steroid ARE kosher!
    Haha.

Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by cut81 View Post
    Why are you always thinking of jews and ways to belittle them? I am not just talking about your behavior in this thread, I understand it was a joke and not overtly offensive. The problem is, it's a repeating pattern. On Hanukka, you were starting threads bashing Israel. I don't think Aaron shares the same opinion on that issue as you.
    What joke?

If you read my first post, you would understand why I asked the question.

Belittle Jews?

Where?

Starting threads?

Where?

In this [ame="http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=25686"]thread[/ame], I simply wished a happy Hanukkah (correct spelling) and refused to argue politics.

Get your facts straight, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    I know there are "Jews for Jesus", so perhaps there are "Jews for Steroids".

Also, maybe Addison K. could explain a "blessing on a kitchen" seeing as how this thread became so 'rabbinical'.
    If memory serves from when I took Jewish American History, a kosher kitchen and the utensils used within need to receive a blessing from Rabbi to be considered kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    Oy Vey!!!

A lot of prescribed oral drugs are encased in a gelatin based capsule. Gelatin is generally not kosher unless the cow has been killed in a ritualistic manner and it has been processed under the supervision of a Rabi.

Jews can and do take non-kosher drugs if they are prescribed by a doctor. An individual's health takes precedence over kosher food laws. Steroids prescribed by doctors for legitimate purposes fall into this category.

The answer then to whether steroids are acceptable to take for vanity purposes depends a great deal on who you ask. Vanity has traditionally been tied to arrogance and excessive vanity is fundamentally frowned upon. Orthodox Jews would not approve of bodybuilding, either natural or enhanced.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78 View Post
    A lot of prescribed oral drugs are encased in a gelatin based capsule. Gelatin is generally not kosher unless the cow has been killed in a ritualistic manner and it has been processed under the supervision of a Rabi.

Jews can and do take non-kosher drugs if they are prescribed by a doctor. An individual's health takes precedence over kosher food laws. Steroids prescribed by doctors for legitimate purposes fall into this category.

The answer then to whether steroids are acceptable to take for vanity purposes depends a great deal on who you ask. Vanity has traditionally been tied to arrogance and excessive vanity is fundamentally frowned upon. Orthodox Jews would not approve of bodybuilding, either natural or enhanced.
    Informative post.

Quote Originally Posted by MMC78 View Post

I don't know if I agree with you there... If you mean BBing contests, I agree. But bodybuilding, as in weight training with the goal of becoming stronger or more muscular, I think IS Kosher.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast