Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Silence Is Golden, Duct Tape Is Silver.
    Posts
    16,107
    Rep Power
    2148083

    Default Gold's Gym - Las Vegas East

    Gold's Gym Las Vegas East

    3750 E Flamingo Rd
    Las Vegas, NV 89121

    (702) 451-4222

    http://www.goldsgym.com

  2. #2
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Hell yea, my home gym.

  3. #3
    RX MEMBER vboissiere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    2,113
    Rep Power
    27672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Gold's Gym Las Vegas East

    3750 E Flamingo Rd
    Las Vegas, NV 89121

    (702) 451-4222

    http://www.goldsgym.com
    SallyAnne, what did you think?

  4. #4
    Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Silence Is Golden, Duct Tape Is Silver.
    Posts
    16,107
    Rep Power
    2148083

    Default

    I love this gym. I'd move to Vegas just so I could work out there. lol

  5. #5
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I love this gym. I'd move to Vegas just so I could work out there. lol
    Please come, and make sure you train at aprrox. 5am.

  6. #6
    GYM RAT Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    326
    Rep Power
    7217

    Default

    In vegas on business... got a week pass. Nice gym. Equipment is just old enough and dirty enough to have a nice "hardcore" touch while still being a decent gym. One complain - no stinking chin up bar - how can that be missing in a ~25k sq ft gym?

  7. #7
    RX MEMBER BigJD69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Westchester County, N.Y.
    Posts
    6,192
    Rep Power
    202128

    Default

    Trained there a few years ago, real nice gym!

  8. #8
    GYM RAT creatineman2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4507

    Default

    i'll check this out when i go to the Olympia in September.

  9. #9
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creatineman2003 View Post
    i'll check this out when i go to the Olympia in September.
    You won't be disappointed.
    Although some of the equipment is getting old and needs to be replaced, it's got a ton of variety.
    Like I think there are 13 pulldown stations.

  10. #10
    PENCILNECK
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    How much does it cost to join this gym? Any good deals going on right now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    You won't be disappointed.
    Although some of the equipment is getting old and needs to be replaced, it's got a ton of variety.
    Like I think there are 13 pulldown stations.

  11. #11
    RX MEMBER johnnylax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    parts unknown...
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    63758

    Default

    hey sandpig...do you know sherri stamper, a member there? big strong, nice girl....

  12. #12
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldyguy View Post
    How much does it cost to join this gym? Any good deals going on right now?
    I've been a member for years, so I've been paying $19/month forever.
    Not sure what it is now, but I can find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylax View Post
    hey sandpig...do you know sherri stamper, a member there? big strong, nice girl....
    Probably not.
    I know a lot of gym people just by face, but I train at 4:30 am and there are no big, strong girls there at that time.

  13. #13
    GYM RAT pfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    60492

    Default

    For Gold's Gym at Flamingo & Sandhill, there is a pull-up bar / dip station near the back of the gym. And a Smith Machine next to it with a thicker bar that you can use for pull-ups.

    I wish they would replace their power rack, thing is barely holding up.

  14. #14
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfunk View Post
    For Gold's Gym at Flamingo & Sandhill, there is a pull-up bar / dip station near the back of the gym. And a Smith Machine next to it with a thicker bar that you can use for pull-ups.

    I wish they would replace their power rack, thing is barely holding up.
    I've been bitchin about that power rack for quite a while now.
    Talked to Quincy Taylor about it at the USA's and he said they will probably never replace it.

    And that old Universal Smith is the only one in the gym that I will use for anything.

  15. #15
    GYM RAT pfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    60492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    I've been bitchin about that power rack for quite a while now.
    Talked to Quincy Taylor about it at the USA's and he said they will probably never replace it.

    And that old Universal Smith is the only one in the gym that I will use for anything.

    We should start a collection to buy a new rack...and then chain it up so no one else can use it! Well, I wouldn't mind sharing...unlike the others who have stuff locked-up back there!

  16. #16
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pfunk View Post
    We should start a collection to buy a new rack...and then chain it up so no one else can use it! Well, I wouldn't mind sharing...unlike the others who have stuff locked-up back there!
    Those guys that have the stuff locked up are paying extra on top of their memberships to have that stuff there.

  17. #17
    GYM RAT pfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    60492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    Those guys that have the stuff locked up are paying extra on top of their memberships to have that stuff there.
    I didn't know that. Back when the guys had the monolift and competition bench back there, I had access to all the chained-up stuff since I trained with them for a bit. But they had a disagreement with management and moved their stuff out and are workingout in a hot garage now. I see the guys who currently use the chained-up stuff, but I haven't really befriended them yet.

    A new rack and a good stable bench that I can move in there for bench pressing would be golden!

  18. #18
    RX MEMBER brownbnyfuentes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That is where I started - love it. Although now I train at LVAC. Great gym.

  19. #19
    RX MEMBER Rackyourweights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    24727

    Default

    Unfortunately this gym is now closed....very sad....I trained at Gold's Flamingo everytime I visited Vegas. It was really special to train in a gym that I'd seen the pros training at in videos and magazines. It will be missed.

  20. #20
    TEAM CUTLER Sandpig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    VEGAS
    Posts
    10,182
    Rep Power
    1700467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rackyourweights View Post
    Unfortunately this gym is now closed....very sad....I trained at Gold's Flamingo everytime I visited Vegas. It was really special to train in a gym that I'd seen the pros training at in videos and magazines. It will be missed.
    How do you think I feel? I used to train there almost everyday.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •