Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Silence Is Golden, Duct Tape Is Silver.
    Posts
    16,086
    Rep Power
    2148151

    Default What is a 'Hardcore Gym'?

    In your mind, what makes a gym hardcore?

  2. #2
    Big Barry's Assistant FIREBLAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On top of NYC BIG MIKE
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    543744

    Default

    Truly hardcore? To be honest, it's the person who trains that creates the idea of being hardcore. However, if we're just talking about what most people see as a "hardcore" gym, then it's a gym that's got decent equipment and essentially everything you could possibly need (within reason) to have a productive workout. Also, good music such as some hard rock and/or rap, depending on what the owner wants, that also contributes to the hardcore atmosphere.
    "Branch Warren is a horrible little gorilla bear so who gives a f**k?"
    -Anonymous BB.com douche

  3. #3
    GYM RAT Abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    542
    Rep Power
    18379

    Default

    -A hardcore gym,is most likely owned by a bodybuilder or powerlifter.

    -It must be barely populated with regular gymfolk.

    -Competitors must train or be trained there.

    -It must have plate loaded machines,lots of weights
    and very heavy dumbells.

    -Plenty of big guys training.

    -Preferably be a little dirty ,cracks in the wall, a bit of dust that sorta thing.

    -Must be well known around the country or local area for its hardcore gym status.

  4. #4
    OLYMPIAN The Big Sexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    27,140
    Rep Power
    2148517

    Default

    A large population of competitors... strongmen, powerlifters or bodybuilders... or even gym rats who don't compete but take their shit seriously.

    Selection of equipment... not necessarily in the best shape - but many different implements of pain and devastation.

    At least one chain link fence for a window... with a giant garage door that is lifted up and down with a chain pully... or, if in a basement - exposed ceiling piping with no panels.

    Outside of competitors - the overall majority of people training should have a purpose. I've seen people who don't look hardcore at all - but they aren't there to Nancy-pants around - they are there to workout and train. To me, this is admirable even if you don't have the physique to go along with it.

    I would prefer a broken mirror or two...

    Cheaper memberships than most commercial gyms.

    Deadlift platform or area... some sort of squatting apparatus with hydrolics.

  5. #5
    RX MEMBER The Thinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    41083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    A large population of competitors... strongmen, powerlifters or bodybuilders... or even gym rats who don't compete but take their shit seriously.

    Selection of equipment... not necessarily in the best shape - but many different implements of pain and devastation.

    At least one chain link fence for a window... with a giant garage door that is lifted up and down with a chain pully... or, if in a basement - exposed ceiling piping with no panels.

    Outside of competitors - the overall majority of people training should have a purpose. I've seen people who don't look hardcore at all - but they aren't there to Nancy-pants around - they are there to workout and train. To me, this is admirable even if you don't have the physique to go along with it.

    I would prefer a broken mirror or two...

    Cheaper memberships than most commercial gyms.

    Deadlift platform or area... some sort of squatting apparatus with hydrolics.
    Not that I disagree but you didn't dig too deep by describing Worlds Gym SD! The Chain Link fence made me LOL.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    198
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    In your mind, what makes a gym hardcore?

    I used to manage one in the northeast. No A/C in the summer [just a few industrial type fans---noisy as hell] and no centralized heat in the winter [just a few space heaters] and that smell....rubber mats and sweat.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    In your mind, what makes a gym hardcore?
    Gay guys fucking in the steam room.

  8. #8
    OLYMPIAN The Big Sexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    27,140
    Rep Power
    2148517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drive On View Post
    Not that I disagree but you didn't dig too deep by describing Worlds Gym SD! The Chain Link fence made me LOL.
    Gold's Venice has one too!!!

  9. #9
    OLYMPIAN The Big Sexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    27,140
    Rep Power
    2148517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUNK View Post
    Gay guys fucking in the steam room.
    Steam room is too gay... it should be in the posing room or on the recumbent bikes.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    Steam room is too gay... it should be in the posing room or on the recumbent bikes.
    What about pros letting twinks blow them for money? Top that.

  11. #11
    OLYMPIAN The Big Sexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sun Diego
    Posts
    27,140
    Rep Power
    2148517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUNK View Post
    What about pros letting twinks blow them for money? Top that.
    Live webcam gay orgy sex shows at midnight for PPV?

  12. #12
    RX MEMBER coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    370
    Rep Power
    17366

    Default

    I know a gym where there is regular folk as well as competitors, very clean, heavy dbs, lots of equipment, normal watered down music, the owner is an IFBB Pro, and he lets you train all out. No restrictions. Do you think this would be considered hardcore?

    I have always thought that as long as there is plenty of equipment, lots of positive energy, and free reign to get after it however I see fit, it is considered hardcore. Or at least accomodating to the hardcore type.

  13. #13
    GIANT ROBOT Tu Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    2147710

    Default

    A "hardcore" gym is a buncha bullshit.

    You either train or you don't.

    Hardcore is a term that people use because they want to seem cooler than someone else.

    It is Bull - Fuckin - Shit

  14. #14
    OLYMPIAN Deltasaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    603
    Rep Power
    118900

    Default

    A hardcore Gym should have a Bunch of Hot Chicks doing cardio on elipiticals with guys with 16inch arms and no legs hitting on them, there should be hella jersey shore guys who use a split of
    arms/legs
    arms/back
    arms/chest
    arms/shoulders
    arms/arms

    also tanning should have a tanning bed that is very clean

    there should be no deadlifting allowed no chalk and there is no free weights only machines

    and only techno and club music will be played

    Thats FUCKING HARD CORE

    Not on a Keto diet

  15. #15
    RX MEMBER Con's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    675
    Rep Power
    91394

    Default

    Simple in my books....it's a gym were you can get your work done with out dbol boys in vests eying you up trying to decide if their arms are bigger or not. Hard work is rewarded over everything else. It is also a place where respect is shown, the biggest guy doesn't walk around like king kong acting like a dick and every one puts their weights away properly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •