Banned

Default 2,4-Dinotrophenol~DNP

DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol)

Description:
    DNP is one of the most controversial drugs in use by bodybuilders. This agent is not sold for human use anywhere in the world at this time, but is readily available as an industrial chemical. Among other things, it is used as an intermediary for the production of certain dyes, for photographic development, as a fungicide, in wood pressure-treatment to prevent rotting, and as an insecticide. It is technically classified as a poison. Although quite incongruous with this list of strong industrial/chemical uses, this chemical was sold during the era of patent medicine as a diet drug for humans. It is this property of dinitrophenol that remains of interest to some bodybuilders today.
    Dinitrophenol induces weight loss by uncoupling oxidative phosphorylation, thereby markedly increasing the metabolic rate and body temperature . While this is an extremely effective way of producing rapid weight loss, there seems to be no ceiling to DNP's temperature increasing effect. Herein lies perhaps its most dangerous trait; it may allow body temperature to rise to level that can be damaging, even fatal. Writer Carl Malmberg made perhaps one of the earliest and most famous quotes about this danger back in the 1930s when he told of a physician who was "literally cooked to death" from using it. This was far from an isolated case, and deaths associated with DNP have continued over the decades. For example, a recent highly publicized story concerns a man that died on Long Island, NY in 2001 after taking DNP for only four days. The dose used was reported to be 600 mg per day, just three 200 mg capsules.

History:

The fat-loss properties of DNP were reportedly first noticed during World War I, when overweight men working with DNP in munitions plants started losing substantial amounts of weight. It did not take very long for this chemical to be identified as the cause. Soon after, it was packaged as a drug product. By 1935, more than 100,000 Americans had already used Jlpatent medicine" remedies that included DN~ In fact, DNP was the first synthetic drug that was ever used for weight reduction in this country. While it was available, it was being widely advertised as a new, safe, and effective way to get thin. Popular brand names for DNP included Dinitriso, Nitromet, Dinitrenal and Alpha Dinitrophenol. At the peak of DNP's popularity, the drug could be found in pharmacies all across the country.
    While the drug may have worked for the intended purpose, it was also introduced at a time before government review and approval of drug safety. In this regard DNP had some very strong shortcomings, and it didn't take long for reports of side effects to began pouring in. One such incident involved a dozen women in California who were temporarily blinded by the drug. Numerous reports of DNP-linked cataracts began coming in from as far away as France and Italy. It was said to be happening with doses as little as 100 mg daily when taken for long periods. Reports of more serious injury, even death, from DNP use followed. With such highly unfavorable safety reports, the drug was soon pulled. By 1938 it was off the market for good. It has never returned as a medicine for human or animal consumption. Even so, reports of death associated with DNP use continue to this day. 2,4-Dinitrophenol

Author's Note: I was hesitant to even include a profile of dinitrophenol in this book, for fear it might entice someone who otherwise may not have known about it to use it. But ultimately I decided it would be better to include the historical information about the drug. The true story of DNP is a scary one and needs to be remembered. Bodybuilders must understand that the reemergence of underground DNP in the late 1990s was not a revolutionary new achievement in fat loss, but a scary repitition of one of the biggest mistakes of the patent medicine era. It is a drug from a time when an unregulated market was allowing dangerous chemicals like this to harm the public. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) exists today to protect the public from such scenarios. Almost all experts today agree that DNP is a dangerous drug, and is not recommended for weight loss.

How Supplied:

DNP is not supplied in a form prepared for human or veterinary consumption. It is available as a research or industrial chemical only.

Structural Characteristics:

DNP (2,4-Dinitrophenol) is a cellular metabolic poison with the chemical designation 1-hydroxy-2,4-dinitrobenzene.

Side Effects:
    There are many potential side effects associated with DNP use including increased heart rate, increased breathing rate, nausea, elevated body temperature, insomnia, profuse sweating, rash, skin lesions, decreased white blood cell count, cataracts, coma, and death.

Administration:
    DNP is not approved for use in humans. Prescribing guidelines are unavailable. A common dose used among bodybuilders is reportedly 2mg per kg of bodyweight per day. This calculates to a dosage of 200 mg per day for a person of approximately 220 pounds of bodyweight. Note that this population tends to retain more lean muscle mass than the average (sedentary) person of the same bodyweight, which may substantially alter the results and side effects of a given dosage. Admittedly, fat loss due to DNP use is highly rapid and extreme/ with some people losing as much as .5 to 1 pound of fat weight per day. This can equate to a drop of 15 or 20 pounds in only a few weeks. Given the high risks associated with DNP use, however, it is usually taken for only a few weeks at a time. The strong incidence of side effects is also regarded as an indicator that the drug should be discontinued immediately. Note that most experts regard DNP as a drug with inherent dangers that far outweigh its potential benefits.

Reference:
    Llewellyn’s W. (2009). Anabolics (9th ed), DNP 2,4-Dinitrophenol (pp. 535-537): Jupiter, FL: Molecular Nutrition

For how long can i run the DNP ???, can i do this prior to a contest like 3 weeks, and then switch to Clen ??

I have heard more people using dnp. I have never tried it but always wounder what the doses were and results

My sincere recommendation would be to run it at a dose that is very tolerable. For me that was 200 mg/day and I ran it for several weeks. I would never run it in a hot climate. And, understand that you don't want to have to "feel" it working to think it's doing its job. It's a tool for fatloss, not a substitute for training, cardio and diet. At 150-250 mg per day I noticed no losses in strength and I could still do a reasonable amount of cardio and daily activities. I didn't feel terrible and lost a good amount of fat over a period of 6 weeks.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by jacshelb View Post
    My sincere recommendation would be to run it at a dose that is very tolerable. For me that was 200 mg/day and I ran it for several weeks. I would never run it in a hot climate. And, understand that you don't want to have to "feel" it working to think it's doing its job. It's a tool for fatloss, not a substitute for training, cardio and diet. At 150-250 mg per day I noticed no losses in strength and I could still do a reasonable amount of cardio and daily activities. I didn't feel terrible and lost a good amount of fat over a period of 6 weeks.
    I would NEVER recommend doing any type of cardiovascular activity while using DNP. DNP raises your body's core temperature to a new baseline level. Cardiovascular activity ALSO raises your body temperature. Doing both of these together is a recipe for disaster in terms of heat stroke and death. If you use DNP the proper way and with proper nutrition, it's fat loss qualities are excellent. But do NOT do cardiovascular exercise while using it, simply put, that's asking for a quick trip in an ambulance!

Quote Originally Posted by Gymdoc View Post
    I would NEVER recommend doing any type of cardiovascular activity while using DNP. DNP raises your body's core temperature to a new baseline level. Cardiovascular activity ALSO raises your body temperature. Doing both of these together is a recipe for disaster in terms of heat stroke and death. If you use DNP the proper way and with proper nutrition, it's fat loss qualities are excellent. But do NOT do cardiovascular exercise while using it, simply put, that's asking for a quick trip in an ambulance!
    Rather broad statement... cardiovascular is completely fine to do and what you are talking about is dose dependent. What you SHOULD say is avoid over doing cardiovascular activity. Walking for 20-30 minutes on a treadmill isn't going to send you to the hospital. TRUST me.

Cardio on 200/250 mg DNP is fine, an 8 sec digital thermometer and a cold bottle of gatorade is good for your first time.

If you have effects like spots on lips, bad rash, lesions anywhere, severe shortness of breath etc.... don't use benadryl and continue, stop and don't use it again, the effects will prob worsen with dosage as it builds up and you don't build immunity or tolerance to it.

Don't use it where temp average is 80+, avoid using it during summer.

I don't like the tiredness/weakness I get from it and results aren't that great. At 250mg/day, you burn an extra 13% +/- 5% calories in addition to your RMR, @ 2,500/day you're going to burn an extra 300 calories a day.

In 30 days of 250mg/day, that's 2.5lbs of fat........not worth it.

PENCILNECK

Is DNP safe to use while you're on cycle? I've been getting some conflicting information on whether or not it's safe to use while taking AAS. I'm taking a moderate dose of Test E as part of my cutting cycle.
    My idea is to take 200mg/day for a few weeks, depending on how long I can stand it.

Irrelevant completly,dnp can be taken with anabolics..but since ASS already may cause electrolyte imbalances you have to be more carefull with hydration.DNP isn't necessairy to get shredded but if you are going to do it play it as safe as you can.

MyOatmeal.com Rep Mr.Dedication's Avatar

How often can somebody take it? As in how to cycle it.

Also has anybody reported any of the side effects on their logs?

Better than that is Cardio and a Good ALbuterol with some Tren...
    ** Power up Your muscles up with www.M4B.is **

bump