Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I get tired of hearing this strength vs weakness argument. Strength isn't the absence of the desire. Strength is doing whatever it takes to keep yourself on track. Strength is picking yourself up after you've stumbled and getting back at it. You aren't weak because foods smell too good. You aren't weak because you can't have them in the house. You're strong because you know how to deal with all the temptation.

I have to agree with the "tool" comments. As your significant other, your bf should be in your corner, not fighting against you. Everyone is different and needs different things. Me, personally, I'd see this as a red flag in the relationship.

And I'm sorry Barbie...I'm gonna say it....YOU? Weak? The woman who, without arms, competes in the most athletic class of the bodybuilding world, not to mention the obstacles you've had to overcome your entire life. Weak? Yeah right.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by seek2find View Post
    You know, I have the same "problem" but I honestly think that the last few weeks are more difficult for a woman than a man, since a really low body fatprocentage is more of a threat to a womans body. (reproduction and so on)

That makes her drive to eat much worse, and that may be hard to understand for a man. I've heard not so experienced male trainers question female clients, "How can you be so hungry the last few weeks???" and so on, and the answer is in our physiology.
    I have not found this to be true I have had the last 2 weeks be the eaist and nothing there was no letting up of my diet or cardio it is just that it is so close the adrenalin kicks in

Two weeks out from Nationals i spent baking every day and I NEVER bake lol

I think how hard it is at the end depends on the person, the how that individual prep went etc not the gender

I laughed but it's still mean. Whataburger.... I'm on week 2 of Dave's diet and I made reservations for my "refeed" meal yesterday. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.

7 course dinner with a flight of 5 wines.
    Cuisine of the Loire Valley

mmmm....

If my wife brought home a double chili burger and fries I would have to go outside and sit in the car.

I can relate & sympathize w/ you. I am ok w/ watching people eat crap in front of me I can get past it- I just focus on my goals. Although I can say that when my boyfriend was competing I actually didn't eat any junk food in front of him now I can't say the same for him now that I'm 6 wks away from a show. I knew he could handle it if I did but I don't know I just knew I would feel horrible doing it. But apparently men don't think that way because he eats crap in front of me all the time & doesn't think twice. Sometimes there are little points where it irks me but for the most part I'm ok. Men.

Default right on

Quote Originally Posted by seek2find View Post
    You know, I have the same "problem" but I honestly think that the last few weeks are more difficult for a woman than a man, since a really low body fatprocentage is more of a threat to a womans body. (reproduction and so on)

That makes her drive to eat much worse, and that may be hard to understand for a man. I've heard not so experienced male trainers question female clients, "How can you be so hungry the last few weeks???" and so on, and the answer is in our physiology.
    I DID explain that to him. he said he never heard that before. I don't know if he doesn't believe me or just still thinks it's a strength issue, but i don't think he GETS it by any means.

Default awww

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I get tired of hearing this strength vs weakness argument. Strength isn't the absence of the desire. Strength is doing whatever it takes to keep yourself on track. Strength is picking yourself up after you've stumbled and getting back at it. You aren't weak because foods smell too good. You aren't weak because you can't have them in the house. You're strong because you know how to deal with all the temptation.

I have to agree with the "tool" comments. As your significant other, your bf should be in your corner, not fighting against you. Everyone is different and needs different things. Me, personally, I'd see this as a red flag in the relationship.

And I'm sorry Barbie...I'm gonna say it....YOU? Weak? The woman who, without arms, competes in the most athletic class of the bodybuilding world, not to mention the obstacles you've had to overcome your entire life. Weak? Yeah right.
    AWWW Thank you!!! I needed to hear that today!!!

Default Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    barb i get this way close too. the last 2 weeks, i am not focused at ALL. and its a good thing im ready early or it would be hard for me to push that extra at that point. im just sick of it by then and hate the world. i feel for ya!
    Thanks, Tammy. It's nice to know others are the same way. I'm actually very focused, but that doesn't mean it's easy.
    Last night, he wanted us to go to a late movie. HAHAHA I'm 2 weeks out, tired as hell, surviving on about 900 cal/day, doing 2 1/2 hrs cardio, training, and still not slacking on the rest of my responsibilities(house, kids, him, etc). I have to get up at 6am for am cardio. A late movie? Kidding me??? I already can hardly keep my eyes open past 7pm. lol
    Not to mention, sitting in a theater for 2 hours smelling popcorn and listening to everyone around me eating popcorn!!!! Why would I subject myself to that right now?????????????????????????????????????????????/ Gimme a friggin' break!!!!!! I was nice about it, but we didn't go!
    I don't know if he's just forgotten how ya feel 2 weeks out and how hard it is or what...since he hasn't dieted or competed in 2 years. WHO knows??!!!
    I just can't wait to see how he is during prep time!!! He says he's all "strong" and great, but I spoke to his sister about it, and she laughed. Apparently, he is NOT as pleasant or as "strong" as he seems to remember in his own wild imagination! LOL His turn is coming!!!!!!! Ofcourse, I won't be mean and do to him what he does to me. I am more considerate and supportive than that
    ANYWAY, thanks Tammy!

I get all the arguments but at the end of the day, you either do it or you don't. I've gone thru all the food stuff as well, but so much of it is association. If a diet coke is the best I can do, that diet coke it is. I find I'm just so much better off w/o even considering food as anything other than fueling time. I get all the arguments about discipline etc, but at the end of the day, you either do it or you don't. When you put it in those terms, the whole struggle about whether or not you are tempted, is completely removed because its not an option whether or not its there.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Tough love, maybe but ouch! I'd have to sit out in the car too lol! I think it's especially rough because home is supposed to be your safe zone. You know that when you're at work you'll get to watch your fat co-worker eat a bunch of "1 point" crap void of nutrition and ask you stupid questions why her diet isn't working. At the mall you'll smell the cinnabon from a mile away...But at home I have to clear stuff out. My husband has his own shelf where I put his yummy stuff, and sometimes there are McDonald wrappers in the garbage...the other day when I got home from work he asked me to get him a beer. I laughed and cracked one open for him...he'll be dieting in May, then the jam will be on my shelf. We're all strong, some days more than other, that's what makes us human.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

towards the end, i am a home body and really like being alone. being social for my job is enough when i am hungry and tired.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

I agree, you're managing your energy. Doing that requires different things for different people. I'm with you, at home on the couch with netflix

For me that last two weeks and even more the last week before a show is the most emotionally dranning thing. I am normally very level head and in control but I get to the point where it is very difficult to to control any and all emotions it is like you start feeling everything so much deeper. However I must say what your bf did say is very dickish nothing worse then someone dicounting your feelings.

Ya, know, I think that's what hurt the most...that he totally made me feel like my feelings weren't even valid. Like, it's not how he feels, so it's just stupid/ridiculous/retarded or whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12