Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Ok Gm suggests I didn't make my point clearly. So lets compare womans Bodybuilding to other womans sports. Lets see.

Why don't we go mainstream first. You know the sports that people like and understand.
    Running
    Triathlons
    Swimming
    Golf
    tennis
    10 pin bowling
    cycling
    figure skating

Are any of these competitions run by promoters? Do the female competitors make heaps of money?

Lets look at some more niche sports on a par with bodybuilding. Let alone womens bodybuilding.

Pistol shooting
    Synchronized swimming
    motorcycle racing
    weight lifting
    etc
    etc
    etc

Are any of the sports in need of a promoter to run a state or even national competiton? or do the organization that represents that sport and the competitors and ex competitors themselves organize and run their own competitions.
    Do they actually make any money? Or is it about the sport not about the profit?

Bodybuilding is the only sport (yes I know some of you will say it's not a sport it's a pageant or whatever, but that's beside the point.) that requires a promoter to run a competition. The Bodybuilding organizations are not about the members or the sport it's self. They are about profit and manipulation. And the competiton bodybuilders from the top pros down live in fear of the organization and it's control. Not, as with other sports, as part of the organization and a guiding influence in the spot it's self.

So whats my point. Bodybuilders are their own worst enemy especially FBBs. They want the recognition they want the money they don't think it's fair they cry out and wine about it. but the second someone actually does something they all are suddenly quiet because they all live in fear of the organization that is supposed to represent them. Because even to them it's all about the money.

Men's coverage and fanbase is always bigger than women's regardless of the sport. WHy should FBBIng be any different?
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigphil View Post
    i think fbb is just as important as the men..Honestly the amount of prize money they get is laughable they make the same sacrifices us men...
    check the stats on the NBA vs the WBNA. same story. marketability vs. ability. I dont watch either one, but to the average consumer, ie; person spending disposable income on entertainment, they want the largest payback for their entertainment dollar.

The main problem is people's ignorance. Like Debbie and a couple others said, women are not built like men, whichever way you look at it. Now, you go to Wal-mart and start asking people, yes they will probably say something ignorant like that. They don't look at the "big" picture.
    From what I see around on the internet, many many many FBB's have hundreds and hundreds of fans. Some websites, and personally some photographers, do the best they can to show people the beauty of female muscle and femininity. Herbiceps, hardfitness, and rxmuscle are some that come to mind.
    A lot of men are afraid of "bigger" women because they fear she can be stronger, or bigger, blah blah. I get it all the time, and I'm not even big (yet ) And then there are the women who "don't want to get too big" and they are just dumb, because they don't know how hard it really is to get "big".
    In reality, beauty is still there, many people admire it, like it, look up to them... Why do we have to look at this magazines and see this 90 lb women on there?
    I know I want to see muscle, hard work, strong beautiful women when I open up a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Why is it that men's bodybuilding isn't a mainstream sport but women's is expected to be?
    I'm not sure men's BB'ing has been a mainstream sport since the Haney era either. Promoters can still make a profit running a men's show nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if that changes in the coming years.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Usually it comes down to the fuckability factor. Men don't see fbbers as sexually attractive and rather than actually judge them on ..oh, I dunno....bodybuilding...they are judged on fuckability. Since they are not seen as fuckable, no one is interested. Do we judge men that way? No. But obviously, in bodybuilding there is a double standard.

This is an age old arguement thaqt comes up every couple of months. Nothing is ever solved. Do a search for "femininity" and you'll find tons of posts about why FBBing is dying and what to do about it.
    I am a bodybuilder, and LOVE female bodybuilders- I much prefer women with the same interests, diet, etc...

MUSCLEHEAD

One thing that would help would be support from men's bb. Too many times the men look down on the women that are into bodybuilding. Outsiders who don't understand the lifestyle look at both the same way but from what I've seen, many male bodybuilders look down on fbbs.

Hang on. We're confusing multiple issues / questions in this thread.

1. Is body building mainstream? No
    2. Is female body building mainstream? No
    3. Are female body builders appealing? Depends who you talk to.
    4. Is female body building marketable? Yes - but because its not mainstream it's a niche market.
    5. What is that niche market? Well, sex sells and that's how you'll find many fbb's making a few bucks. So Girly is spot on like it or not.
    6. Does the 'fuckability' factor diminish the achievement of female body builders? Not at all.
    7. Does the general public see female body builders as masculine? Of course! And since the use of male hormones greatly assists in building muscular bodies (particularly in the pro ranks) I can't see why that should be a surprise.
    8. Would I date a female body builder? Sure! But make sure you send me your picture

Reps Mac.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

This may be too off-topic, if so I can start a new thread, but I'm wondering . . .

Why in the world did Muscle Girls Inc. become "fitness girls inc"??? I have no problem with the fitness/bikini/swimsuit girls, they work hard and look great, and I know I can't do it. But shouldn't Muscle Girls radio continue the Muscle theme? And if RXMuscle wants to give the other girls a radio show go ahead, just call it something different. Seems like one more way to sideline the FBBs.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by saiyajinali View Post
    Depends on if they are offseason or precontest with the vascularity & such..
    True....the general population for the most part like female bodybuilders in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by MacFlashGordon View Post
    Hang on. We're confusing multiple issues / questions in this thread.

1. Is body building mainstream? No
    2. Is female body building mainstream? No
    3. Are female body builders appealing? Depends who you talk to.
    4. Is female body building marketable? Yes - but because its not mainstream it's a niche market.
    5. What is that niche market? Well, sex sells and that's how you'll find many fbb's making a few bucks. So Girly is spot on like it or not.
    6. Does the 'fuckability' factor diminish the achievement of female body builders? Not at all.
    7. Does the general public see female body builders as masculine? Of course! And since the use of male hormones greatly assists in building muscular bodies (particularly in the pro ranks) I can't see why that should be a surprise.
    8. Would I date a female body builder? Sure! But make sure you send me your picture
    Great post,

I'll take fugly huge and shredded over uber hot stickwomen anyday. Of course, I would prefer hot, huge & shredded.

Get the barbies out of the IFBB/NPC

Very few women (great genetics) can build up an appreciable amount of muscle mass and retain their femininity. Add male hormones to the mix and you wind up with a serious freak show.

Most people think male bodybuilders look silly.. but it makes some type of sense. The women.. people have a hard time understanding.. why?? Female bodybuilders look like a transgender experiment gone wrong.

Steroids are the culprit. The *male* hormones have been taken way too far. The majority of female pro bodybuilders look much more like a man than a woman.. which is fine, just don’t expect people to like it… or wonder why female bodybuilding is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas3 View Post
    One thing that would help would be support from men's bb. Too many times the men look down on the women that are into bodybuilding. Outsiders who don't understand the lifestyle look at both the same way but from what I've seen, many male bodybuilders look down on fbbs.
    Yes, from what I've seen here on the forums this is too too true. Not always, not everyone, but the majority seem to prefer skinnier, less muscular females. For me, it's nice to discover I can let my natural genetics rule and get muscular instead of trying to force my body into a skinny stereotypical girly ideal.

and let me clarify.... i am a 325lb guy who loves thick juicy women. FBB works for me.

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast