Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    NOVICE

I've been looking at the NPC upcoming shows, particularly Atlantic states in june to make sure its an all natural show but I can't seem to find where it says whether it is or not. Tammy said it would more than likely be in the title but it doesn't. Does anyone know how I can find this out?

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

if it doesnt state it, its non tested. i would say a very small % are tested anyway.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

The Atlantic is untested. Bev Francis and Steve WEinberger run that one. It will be untested and very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    there are plenty of people who do it, but imo they are cheating & it speaks volumes about their integrity. I.e. Shitty sportsmanship. Of course lots of people do it, but why the hell would you if there are a huge number of non-tested shows available? The npc can't do anything about it if they pass the tests, but for those who then know about it, i think we all consider them to be very poor sportsman/women and like i said, it speaks volumes to their personal integrity. No one is making them do it, and its bullshit if they claim they are natural when probably most people know anyway.

No all npc shows are not natural. Some are tested and they will state that in their entry requirements.
    amen sister!!!

Its sort of a self-righteous rant, but seriously....
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

NOVICE

I wasn't referring to poor sportsmanship or "cheating" so to speak. I was just commenting on the fact that I know it happens. Is it right? no, not when you have ppl training hard naturally and then their competing against someone who used enhancements.

Quote Originally Posted by somethinnicea View Post
    I wasn't referring to poor sportsmanship or "cheating" so to speak. I was just commenting on the fact that I know it happens. Is it right? no, not when you have ppl training hard naturally and then their competing against someone who used enhancements.

In any pursuit, there are people who will cheat. Its human nature.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

It just sucks when there are options available.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Its sort of a self-righteous rant, but seriously....
    I agree with you a million percent!

We all go through early phases of research and trying to determine what is what, what constitutes natural vs enhanced .....etc when we are considering competing. Hek, I've asked questions myself because I had ZERO knowledge of what is or isn't legal....what is or isn't natural.

I have NO problem with those who chose either category! I've got gal pals who chose to go the non-natural route and I'm right there cheering them on!! We are close friends and I believe in their journey as much as I do my own. It is just a personal choice of what your goals are and how you chose to get there. By the same token, they do not portray themselves as natural and do not compete in natural shows.

What does piss me off is busting my ass for months on end, choosing to go natural for my own personal reasons, signing on for a NATURAL comp., signing the paperwork and stating I am natural, willing to take any test they throw my way.....etc.... and non naturals come to the same show, lie, time, and compete beside me!!! WTF man? Do I consider them a cheater - YES!! Do I care if they outplace me - yes and no.

I show up with the best package I can and at times on any given day, that may or may not be what the judges are looking for. But, if I and my coach feel I came in with a package that is competitive and placeable...then the rest is a roll of the dice and up to the judges. If I don't place....or even if I do....it is always back to the gym after and try to refine/review/improve and go again. I can't let what others chose to do deter me from my own training, focus, or pride in the package I came in with.

But to see it come down to natty vs non natty and the non-natty wins (which hasn't happened to me personally but has to a very close friend).... it just isn't right on any level. I have to wonder how they go home with their trophy, head held high, and bragging rights of a win KNOWING they cheated?? Did you really win? THAT is just wrong on so many levels and you do not have my respect (not that they care anyway)...

sorry - just my rant chiming in.....

Like I said before I don't know how some of the competitors get away with trying to pass as natural when its obvious they aren't. I was just curious to see whats "out there" I don't necessarily plan on using anything.
    My rant is not an attack on your questions! Just a RANT in general. You have competed, so you KNOW what that frustration is and it is what initiated your question to begin with!

You look FANTASTIC in your show pic girl and it comes down to your own personal and private decision. But, you've got a great package and IMO just keep dialing yourself in and working your ass off in the kitchen and gym and in the end, YOU will be a winner regardless of placement. We all want to win, but, make your decision based on what you can live with and chose what shows you want to compete in accordingly.

NOVICE

Thanks PFEPerformance...I agree with all you say..I can only give my best when it comes to where I place. I always give it my all and I might not be what there looking for at the time or just wasn't "good enough" by the judges standards. I'm curious about whats out there and thats why I'm here asking questions to those who are educated in these areas and can steer me in the right direction. Is it true that you can't go pro if your not using?

Thanks PFEPerformance...I agree with all you say..I can only give my best when it comes to where I place. I always give it my all and I might not be what there looking for at the time or just wasn't "good enough" by the judges standards. I'm curious about whats out there and thats why I'm here asking questions to those who are educated in these areas and can steer me in the right direction. Is it true that you can't go pro if your not using?
    Its not like there's a stated requirement that says you have to use. It takes genetics to start. Lots of work and also being in the right place at the right time.

Also depends on what category pro you're talking about.

Any bikini girl who needs steroids to compete has issues.
    Figure, its debatable but the bigger challenge is maintaining a certain degree of leaness for repeated competition at the top level, plus photoshoots and other promo stuff. AAS is probably more useful for maintenance & recovery than growth.

If your goal is to go pro, you don't need to start worrying about running cycles now. YOu need to spend some time competing and see where it takes you. At some point you may or may not determine its the route for you. Its not the foregone conclusion that you may as well not bother competing if you aren't cycling. Its still all about the fitness lifestyle, i.e. the time you put in , the attention you give to diet & training. If it were aall about the roids, everyone would do it. And then they'd discover that your body doesn't work when all it has to work with is roids.
    ~Jack Lalanne

I have always went the natural route but wanted to know if there is anything available for women to take that does not contain test.
    Thx =))
    yes, but despite my best efforts at creating threads about it on various boards, no seems to be picking up on it.

There is good clinical evidence for garlic being able to increase LH and endogenous testosterone production. Only raw garlic was tested in the research but from personal experience I've found high quality pharmaceutical grade freeze dried garlic works just as well and is less stinky. I've used Pharmax brand. It is pricey, but less stinky. Raw garlic is dirt cheap though. Raw you need to consume about 4-5 cloves (about 1/2 a clove) or freeze dried capsules about 7,000mg. The effect isn't profound, but noticeable. Better energy, and definitely better sex drive.

Look for a thread about it in this forum. There I have a link to one piece of original research on it.

EDIT: I'll just link it here.

[ame="http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=21590"]Take garlic to build natty muscle - RX Muscle Forums[/ame]

NOVICE

Very interesting info about the garlic...
    I read in another forum that is was pretty hard to go pro if you were natural and hasn't been done quite often so I was just curious. I just love being healthy and eating great, love the way it makes me feel and so I figured why not compete and see what happens. I like to consistently set goals and challenge myself physically. Do I have hopes of ever going pro?...prob not but I like competing and having something to work for. I do have the benefit of good genes, most of family has always been very athletic so its kinda built in. I just want the best body I could possible have and have no problem with working hard and eating right, but sometimes I ponder the idea of having a lil extra help.

Very interesting info about the garlic...
    I read in another forum that is was pretty hard to go pro if you were natural and hasn't been done quite often so I was just curious. I just love being healthy and eating great, love the way it makes me feel and so I figured why not compete and see what happens. I like to consistently set goals and challenge myself physically. Do I have hopes of ever going pro?...prob not but I like competing and having something to work for. I do have the benefit of good genes, most of family has always been very athletic so its kinda built in. I just want the best body I could possible have and have no problem with working hard and eating right, but sometimes I ponder the idea of having a lil extra help.
    It is absolutely possible to turn pro as a natural competitor, particularly if you stick to the natural organizations such as the INBF. I earned my WNBF pro card in figure in my second year competing, and I had never even touched clen or T3. But I had a pretty decent muscular base from years of competitive gymnastics, soccer, and rowing. As Sassy mentioned earlier, you should do a few shows to see what you look like and how you fare, and then re-evaluate your goals. You really never know where this sport can take you.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234