Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thanks Janet. I left work for an hour yesterday to go to her funeral. It was very sad. The good news is that her husband is starting to come out of his coma so maybe the daughter won't end up an orphan. When I got back to work there was a patient that was crashing in the cath lab and we had to rush him to the operating room for emergency bypass surgery. I have been trying to not release stress hormones as part of my contest prep...but sometimes it just happens. I am determined to get my weight back down to 121 by the end of this week. I figure that I will be 6 weeks out and will have 6 pounds to lose. I am sure that I can lose 1 pound every week from now on.
    I actually almost fell asleep at work today so I am going to take a nap (something that I never do) and then got to the gym later. If I can figure it out I will post some pictures this weekend.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

THAT is so sad mag. im so sorry.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by magsmalone View Post
    Thanks Janet. I left work for an hour yesterday to go to her funeral. It was very sad. The good news is that her husband is starting to come out of his coma so maybe the daughter won't end up an orphan. When I got back to work there was a patient that was crashing in the cath lab and we had to rush him to the operating room for emergency bypass surgery. I have been trying to not release stress hormones as part of my contest prep...but sometimes it just happens. I am determined to get my weight back down to 121 by the end of this week. I figure that I will be 6 weeks out and will have 6 pounds to lose. I am sure that I can lose 1 pound every week from now on.
    I actually almost fell asleep at work today so I am going to take a nap (something that I never do) and then got to the gym later. If I can figure it out I will post some pictures this weekend.
    It is good that the husband is doing better. I take naps almost every day on my lunch hour it is the only thing that keeps me going. Hang in there.

I am stuck at work today. WAAAAA!!!! I am doing a favor for one of my partners who wanted to go out of town. I figure that he will pay me back when I need someone to cover for me. I am planning to try to get to the gym later.
    Speaking of naps...yesterday I fell asleep while driving and almost hit a car! That was a wake up call! (no pun intended) When we got home from dinner last night I went straight to bed and did manage to get 7 hour of much needed sleep!
    My friends husband is starting to respond to his daughter's voice so that is a good thing. I think that he might come out of it ok.
    I got a ticket yesterday on my way to work. I was late as usual and speeding. I might be getting a little cranky because I yelled at the police officer and told him that he had one minute to write the ticket! I think that I scared him because he apologized and said he would hurry. He did still give me the ticket though. I had not eaten yet....do not mess with a bodybuilder when it is time to eat! HA!
    going to try to get out of the hospital soon so that I can get to the gym while I still have energy!

I am stuck at work today. WAAAAA!!!! I am doing a favor for one of my partners who wanted to go out of town. I figure that he will pay me back when I need someone to cover for me. I am planning to try to get to the gym later.
    Speaking of naps...yesterday I fell asleep while driving and almost hit a car! That was a wake up call! (no pun intended) When we got home from dinner last night I went straight to bed and did manage to get 7 hour of much needed sleep!
    My friends husband is starting to respond to his daughter's voice so that is a good thing. I think that he might come out of it ok.
    I got a ticket yesterday on my way to work. I was late as usual and speeding. I might be getting a little cranky because I yelled at the police officer and told him that he had one minute to write the ticket! I think that I scared him because he apologized and said he would hurry. He did still give me the ticket though. I had not eaten yet....do not mess with a bodybuilder when it is time to eat! HA!
    going to try to get out of the hospital soon so that I can get to the gym while I still have energy!
    sounds like it was quite the day. I can totally relate to the don't mess with a bodybuilder when it is feeding time. I turn evil. Try to have a better week next week.

I managed to get some rest this weekend and I am ready to face a new week. I got my weight down to 121# but I still need to up my cardio...WAAAA!!!!! Oh well...you gotta do what you gotta do right?

I did a great deal of cardio yesterday and today. Surely my weight will start to drop faster soon. Yesterday I did shoulders and it felt pretty good. I am now taking Mondays and Wednesdays off from lifting because these seem to be the days when I work the longest and have less time and energy. It is very difficult to fit it all in every day. I feel like I am definitely getting leaner but my body aches all over pretty much every day. This bodybuilding is supposed to keep you young but sometimes I feel like I am 150 years old!. I guess as long as I don't look 150...then I am doing ok. My 16 year old daughter is now training with my husband and I. Since we finished Insanity she wanted something else to do. She is even doing all the cardio that I do. I think we have messed her up for life! ( but in a good way) ha ha. Here is the workout that we did yesterday.

Shoulders

standing lateral db raise 4x15x25
    standing front db raise 4x15x25
    shoulder shrugs 4x15x45
    standing rear delt machine 4x15x50
    standing cable lateral raise 4x15x20
    standing cable front raise 4x15x20

Abs
    decline crunch with 25# plate 4x25
    seated knee ups 4x25
    hanging leg ups 4x25

I am working on my posing routine and practicing my posing in my spare time. Ha ha- like I have any of that! I want to make sure that I show up poised and stage ready! My good friend Josie Zamora is competing this weekend at JR Nationals in figure class B. I think she has a good chance of winning her Pro Card. GO JOSIE!

Had a long day at work today. Lots of very sick people to take care of today. I went to the police station to try to finagle my way out of my tickets...but to no avail. I have to reset my court date because I will be out of town on the day that they gave me. I made it to the gym and worked hamstrings and lower back and then did cardio. I still have more cardio to do tonight! Here is the workout that we did:

dead lifts 4x15x135
    stiff legged barbell lifts 4x15x60
    hyperextensions 4x15 holding 25# plate
    lying hamstring curls 4x15x40
    seated hamstring curls 4x15x90
    machine bent over butt extensions single leg 4x15x50
    seated calf raise 4x20x120
    standing calf raise machine 4x20x120

Plan to do chest tomorrow, quads and upper back on Saturday and arms on Sunday.

My mom is having surgery tomorrow at my hospital for a cyst/fluid collection around her spinal chord. She had a tumor removed about 3 years ago. Hopefully everything will go well and she will b re cooperating at our house this weekend.

For now I am off to do cardio...AGAIN! Not sure how long my joints are going to hold up. Thank g-d for Arthrolyze!

I did manage to do all of my workouts this week and all of my cardio sessions. I also dropped a couple of pounds so I must be on track! My daughters took off for Colorado today so I will be doing my cardio solo this week. My mom made it through her surgery and is now at our house for a recovery period. She is 79 and about 100 pounds. She is in pretty good shape. She even goes to the gym 2-3 times a week. Pretty impressive I think!

Here are the workouts that I did the rest of the week:

chest

flat bench db press 4x15x40
    flat bench db fly 4x15x15
    incline bench db press 4x15x35
    incline db fly 4x15x15
    seated chest front press pin loaded machine 4x15x90
    pec deck 4x15x50

abs
    decline crunch 4x30 with 25# plate
    rope cable crunch 4x30x90
    seated knee ups 4x30
    hanging leg ups 4x30

Quads
    leg extensions 4x15x50
    db squat 4x15x40
    smith machine squat 4x15x135
    smith machine reverse lunges 4x15x85

upper back

lat pull downs 4x15x90
    one arm plate loaded lat pull 4x15x65
    pull ups 4x15
    seated cable rows 4x15x90

biceps

curl bar curls 4x15x50
    db seated curls 4x15x20
    db hammer curls 4x15x20
    hanging isolation db curls 4x15x20

triceps

cable bar pushdowns 4x15x70
    cable rope outs 4x15x50
    close grip bb press 4x15x50
    skull crushers 4x15x50

abs

Today I did a repeat of the abs that I did on Thursday. I am happy to report that the abs have come in! Haha

My good friend Josie Zamora just won her Pro card at Jr Nationals! She won the overall! We here in El Paso, Texas are so proud of her! Now I am really inspired!

Monday I did cardio only and worked a gazillion hours at the hospital. Yesterday I got off early so I decided to do a spinning class for part of my cardio. I thought I was gonna die! I have a spinning bike at home that I use for some of my cardio sessions but it is a little different when you are in the class and the instructor is screaming "faster faster"! It was actually kind of fun. A lot more exciting than the elliptical or treadmill. Both of which I also have at my house. Anyway, I did that class, practiced my routine and posing, went home to eat,went to the grocery store,went to get my nails done, went back to the gym to train shoulders, went home, ate dinner, did more cardio,washed my hair, dried my hair.....and by that time it was midnight again! Where does the time go?
    Here is the shoulder workout that I did:

curl bar pull ups 4x15x40
    seated military press on smith machine 4x15x95
    shrugs 4x15x50
    db laterals 4x15x20
    db fronts 4x15x20
    rear delt machine 4x15x50
    leaning lateral db raise 4x15x20
    front plate raise 4x15x25# plate
    bent over db laterals 4x15x20

abs a gazillion sets of different ab excercises (TNTC) to numerous to count!

Today i did one session of cardio, gave anesthesia to patients for a craniotomy and 3 back surgeries, managed to get some food in me and now I am going to do another cardio session. I am hoping to get off early again tomorrow. Thats it for now.

Mags I give you tons of credit not many could keep up with your schedule. Let alone the workouts and cardio. Keep it rollen girl your almost their!!

my god woman! how do you do it? It is amazing on how many things you can get in a day and function on little sleep.

Thanks very much Tracy and Janet for being in my corner! I just luv you guys! It is comforting to know that we are all going through the same thing. I am sure that you all have many things that you juggle around to make the time to train. We just all do what we got to do to get where we want to be...Right? Im talking to you too TammyP and Sallyanne! Anyway, I am afraid that time got the better of me last week and I never quite got the time to log my workouts. I did however do all my workouts and all of my cardio sessions. I had a little knee pain on the weekend so had to cut my leg workout a little short. I did not want to make it worse and end up not being able to do cardio so I ended up just stopping after awhile. I am happy to report that the knee pain is now gone and I did not miss any cardio sessions. We are now less than 4 weeks until Masters and I am getting very psyched!

I know that I have been neglecting my training journal but I have to set priorities and many times I just don't make it through my list of things to do. I am happy to say that we are going on vacation on Saturday to Hawaii!!! Our kids are already over there at the University of Hawaii Cheer Hawaii program for a week. We are going over to go to the parent functions while they are there. We are going to sleep, train, do cardio, lay in the sun and stick the diet! Wooohoooo! No work will be great for a week. I am actually looking forward to the long plane ride so that I can get some sleep! We are planning to work out at the Honolulu Club that is near our hotel. Our plan is to be chiseled when we get back on the 11th. At that point we will be 2 weeks out . Yipes! Well gotta go do more cardio now. Be back in a week!

RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar

I know that I have been neglecting my training journal but I have to set priorities and many times I just don't make it through my list of things to do. I am happy to say that we are going on vacation on Saturday to Hawaii!!! Our kids are already over there at the University of Hawaii Cheer Hawaii program for a week. We are going over to go to the parent functions while they are there. We are going to sleep, train, do cardio, lay in the sun and stick the diet! Wooohoooo! No work will be great for a week. I am actually looking forward to the long plane ride so that I can get some sleep! We are planning to work out at the Honolulu Club that is near our hotel. Our plan is to be chiseled when we get back on the 11th. At that point we will be 2 weeks out . Yipes! Well gotta go do more cardio now. Be back in a week!
    That sounds like a cool trip! Have fun!!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast