Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Great physique bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by NATURAL-1987 View Post
    Yes, I do have progress pics. However they aren't up. Few people on this board will be competing against me. I want to shock everyone when I peel off back stage. If I'm coming off cocky, I'm really not that type of person, being well prepared, having every little detail 100%, an amazing team of supporters behind me, in turn causes me to feel confident about things.
    I am 5'11'' and will weigh in around 210lbs morning of show. Got up to 240lbs this off season. Only goal is to get natural pro card in 6 weeks. After show is done I will talk with my camp about what we feel is best for me to do next. As far as past shows. They were as a Junior(21 and under). 6 Shows total. Won local, provincial, and national levels and competed at 2 Worlds. Now, that chapter is closed and its time to get that NGA Pro Card
    I can slightly understand ur reasoning, me personally though I wouldn't really care about shocking the fellow competitors, I would be worried about shocking hte judges. I don't think that you are cocky at all, everyone does things differently and that is just the way you handle yourself! Having a strong team is extremly important, I personally have a very strong team of supporters and couldn't ask for me (besides someone to cook my food for me haha ;-) ).

If I were you I would not worry about being a specific weight, I would just worry about coming in ur very best. From 2008 to 2009 I personally put on around a solid 8lbs of muscle after having a short, yet very productive offseason (I would call it my first true offseason in doing things the correct way with eating a much cleaner diet and training my tail off).

This offseason I'm taking a full 2 years off to make some big gains. Thus far I am currently at 255lbs (as of tonight post training), which i am very very happy about especially considering that my abs can still be seen- not pretty but can be seen haha. My goal is to hit around 205lbs on stage this year but in all reality I just want to be bigger and leaner- if I do that I don't care much about my weight as long as i dont lose a lot of muscle!

that's awesome that you have competing in that many comps. as a junior. did you win the overall in all of those shows, if not how did you place????

AVBG

Yes, I do have progress pics. However they aren't up. Few people on this board will be competing against me. I want to shock everyone when I peel off back stage. If I'm coming off cocky, I'm really not that type of person, being well prepared, having every little detail 100%, an amazing team of supporters behind me, in turn causes me to feel confident about things.
    I am 5'11'' and will weigh in around 210lbs morning of show. Got up to 240lbs this off season. Only goal is to get natural pro card in 6 weeks. After show is done I will talk with my camp about what we feel is best for me to do next. As far as past shows. They were as a Junior(21 and under). 6 Shows total. Won local, provincial, and national levels and competed at 2 Worlds. Now, that chapter is closed and its time to get that NGA Pro Card

Team NAT87! I can understand you not wanting to motivate the opposition too much.. At least PM me some fecking pics (no homo).

AVBG

David. Why the natural route? Are you one of those dudes that "pass the test" then consider yourself natural? You've got some feckin good genetics, would you consider going the NPC route? (as I said, I want to hear what makes you tick.. not interested in your daily macros!)

Quote Originally Posted by AVBG View Post
    David. Why the natural route? Are you one of those dudes that "pass the test" then consider yourself natural? You've got some feckin good genetics, would you consider going the NPC route? (as I said, I want to hear what makes you tick.. not interested in your daily macros!)
    hahahaha no i don't just pass the test....I am lifetime natural, never have taken a prohoromone or anything like it. I once took like a week of blue up (controlled labs natural test booster) which was like 2 years ago. I could never understand why ppl take banned substances and then "pass the test" and consider themselves natural, it's not like there is a lot of exposure to get in natural bodybuilding. I have been asked the steroid question thousands and thousands of times but all I can say is I've been tested twice, passed obviously...have no reason to compete in natural shows if i was using... becuz theres not money to be made or something and that if you don't believe me I will take a drug test etc.. at anytime. I just hate how ppl cheat in natural shows, like for what dang reason it's not like ur going ot become a millionaire or make a living off of it.

As far as the NPC I've done the NPC natural ohio. I don't know about going into a normal NPC show, I've been told by several ppl that I should to see how I stack up but idk. Also thanks for the great compliment, genetics are obviously huge in bodybuilding..if you don't have the genetics theres nothing that can be done!

As far as why the natural route, I have been training since I was 13. the longest I have taken off in that time consecutively is about 3 weeks (no ride to the gym- still did small stuff at home). Never really considered not training natural. My mentor from high school is a natural competitor and from day 1 told me that I had what it took to be a great natural bodybuilder. I have made great gains naturally just from putting my heart and soul into it, rather than taking an easy route. I try to do everything by the books- consistency, hard training, rest, diet, etc... and learn as much as possible. I also have a great team surrounding me and I couldn't ask for more! I get the comment all the time that ppl think I have what it takes to be an IFBB pro with help but I'm perfectly happy doing what I am doing!

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by turkish1530 View Post
    I can slightly understand ur reasoning, me personally though I wouldn't really care about shocking the fellow competitors, I would be worried about shocking hte judges. I don't think that you are cocky at all, everyone does things differently and that is just the way you handle yourself! Having a strong team is extremly important, I personally have a very strong team of supporters and couldn't ask for me (besides someone to cook my food for me haha ;-) ).

If I were you I would not worry about being a specific weight, I would just worry about coming in ur very best. From 2008 to 2009 I personally put on around a solid 8lbs of muscle after having a short, yet very productive offseason (I would call it my first true offseason in doing things the correct way with eating a much cleaner diet and training my tail off).

This offseason I'm taking a full 2 years off to make some big gains. Thus far I am currently at 255lbs (as of tonight post training), which i am very very happy about especially considering that my abs can still be seen- not pretty but can be seen haha. My goal is to hit around 205lbs on stage this year but in all reality I just want to be bigger and leaner- if I do that I don't care much about my weight as long as i dont lose a lot of muscle!

that's awesome that you have competing in that many comps. as a junior. did you win the overall in all of those shows, if not how did you place????
    Very true about shocking the judges.
    Not worried about weight at all, just know roughly thats where I'll end up this time around.We only go by appearance, no weight class in the overall!
    I personally don't want anyone touching my food. Like to make sure it is cooked and weighed to my standard. Off-season though. BBQ me some chicken breast please!
    Wrote in previous post my placings, for the most part. Oh yeah, jr. is all one weight class so I guess thats what you meant. No overall for Juniors. Open, one class.

Very true about shocking the judges.
    Not worried about weight at all, just know roughly thats where I'll end up this time around.We only go by appearance, no weight class in the overall!
    I personally don't want anyone touching my food. Like to make sure it is cooked and weighed to my standard. Off-season though. BBQ me some chicken breast please!
    Wrote in previous post my placings, for the most part. Oh yeah, jr. is all one weight class so I guess thats what you meant. No overall for Juniors. Open, one class.
    Yeahhh buddy, thats good sometimes ppl get tooo caught up on their final weight. In reality if you are leaner you will look bigger... Sorry I misunderstood your competition history b4, I've competed in the Junior class at the NPC Natural Ohio (23yrs and younger) and actually was fortunate enough to win the class (around 20 competitors or so).

I'm def. looking forward to see what you bring to the stage, at least let us know how the prep is going.

AVBG

Great answers David.

MUSCLEHEAD

I'm def. looking forward to see what you bring to the stage, at least let us know how the prep is going.[/quote]

Prep is going well. Longer I been training the more dense and mature muscle looks. Skin is the thinnest it has ever been and we still have 6 weeks to go. Made some changes to diet and up'd cardio slightly starting Monday. Haven't dropped any carbs since diet started at 14 weeks out, usually we have to drop back 10-30 grams every few weeks but this time around we haven't.Only 2 cheat meals so far in 8 weeks of dieting and only because we felt I needed them. I don't expect anymore though. Hopefully just cruise on in the next 5 weeks and then enjoy the carb/slightly fat load week of the show.

NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro

Why do you want to do so many shows? You have plenty of time...Pics are good...smile
    I wasnt expecting so MANY...lol...keep them coming.

PENCILNECK

David Turk has an awesome physique...comes close to a Jim Cordova. There is no getting around the hard work that has been put in.

I know a few guys who do NGA shows and they use prohormones...the competed passed the tests and did very well.

NGA under there drug testing policy allows prohormones, Turk's physique looks like prohormones. This is what is said about their testing policies on their website.

Note: DHEA and all other hormone precursors are not banned by the NGA.

I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by TSquared View Post
    David Turk has an awesome physique...comes close to a Jim Cordova. There is no getting around the hard work that has been put in.

I know a few guys who do NGA shows and they use prohormones...the competed passed the tests and did very well.

NGA under there drug testing policy allows prohormones, Turk's physique looks like prohormones. This is what is said about their testing policies on their website.

Note: DHEA and all other hormone precursors are not banned by the NGA.

I dont get it
    Sorry to dissapoint you ma'am but as I said in an earlier post, I have never taken prohormones. I do appreciate the compliment, it is not as good as ppl accusing me of taking steroids but it is good nontheless.

Hey everyone just wanted to give a little update. The offseason plan is still going very well with the set diet plan as well as my training. I weighed 259 after training back last thursday (clothes and shoes on), no complaints by me!

1st time I have done T-Bar Rows in months! I have finally been able to get a hardcore out of this world training session in with my boy Derek Ciocca who is an Optimum Nutrition sponsored athlete....We went to a new gym that I heard about from a friend- Pure Athletex in Wexford PA......which turned out to be an unbelievable gym- DB's went up to the 180's...crazy selection of hammer strength machines...3 monolifts that were in a room made for ppl who are all business (like us gentlemen).

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbdmpc1jS7Q"]YouTube- NGA Natural Pro Dave Turk - T Bar Rows 8 Plates[/nomedia]

Derek getting wild:::::

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrJZ-ex96rs"]YouTube- Derek Ciocca - T Bar Row 8 Plates[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc-wUUizvc8"]YouTube- Derek Ciocca 500 LB Deadlifts[/nomedia]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast