Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P90x?

Default P90x?

I'm buying it this Friday, anyone have any tips or advice?
    I'm on a low carb diet and was wondering if I can stay on it? Also I'm on a ECA stack and i'm pretty sure I can't take it while on p90x... unless I want my heart to pop out of my chest.

if u want to give it a try ...something new if you are bored from the gym u know.. give it a try man but this is nothing but aerobics you aint going to build size with this if that's what you are looking for this program is design to lose weight..

if ur already following a diet and dont need that aspect of P90x then why not just download the DVDs from a torrent?

You will enjoy it and you shouldnt lose too much size as long as you remember to eat. I actually enjoyed the plyo stuff as well as the yoga for a change of pace. I am done recovering from my injuries and almost a 100% now so the p90x will get retired to the closet. It will be joined by Big Beyond Belief, Strength shoes, 30+ bench shirts, squat suits, knee and wrist wraps, and couple ab rollers. Should've spent all that money on gold and had that sitting in my closet instead.

Banned

Shitloads of people around here are jumping on this bandwagon. All claim great gains and fat loss.....only problem is the ones making gains are on juice AND arent stopping to see that the muscle they gain is minimal, nothing like what they would see with a good, solid building program. A friend let me borrow the DVDs and while impressive, it's nothing more than another "shock" technique simply because it is different. As a trainer, if this was in any way a superior training system to anything else Im familiar with (and Im versed in over 30) I would be foolish not to use it. But it's not....and there are a million different shock or "busting out of a rutt" techniques I could get for free. Hell....... Im no better than anyone else here and Im actually making my own. Just takes looking at the big picture and getting creative. What the hell IS exercise to begin with? Moving or picking up resistance, or your body, and putting it down. It's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    Shitloads of people around here are jumping on this bandwagon. All claim great gains and fat loss.....only problem is the ones making gains are on juice AND arent stopping to see that the muscle they gain is minimal, nothing like what they would see with a good, solid building program. A friend let me borrow the DVDs and while impressive, it's nothing more than another "shock" technique simply because it is different. As a trainer, if this was in any way a superior training system to anything else Im familiar with (and Im versed in over 30) I would be foolish not to use it. But it's not....and there are a million different shock or "busting out of a rutt" techniques I could get for free. Hell....... Im no better than anyone else here and Im actually making my own. Just takes looking at the big picture and getting creative. What the hell IS exercise to begin with? Moving or picking up resistance, or your body, and putting it down. It's not rocket science.
    I agree! It's nothing new. I believe it's geared more towards people that haven't took the time to learn about diet, lifting,cardio and arobics. I think it's good for them! Something different, a change of pace for some people but not for me.

If you know all the concepts anyone can put a training regiment like that together!

Banned

p90x should never be mentioned on a bodybuilding forum....ever. Come on man, my freaking mom does p90x. Go to a gym and lift some god damn weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mikester2000 View Post
    I'm buying it this Friday, anyone have any tips or advice?
    I'm on a low carb diet and was wondering if I can stay on it? Also I'm on a ECA stack and i'm pretty sure I can't take it while on p90x... unless I want my heart to pop out of my chest.

Be wary of purchasing directly from infomercial product distributors. MANY people I personally know, and many more that I have read about, report being automatically enrolled in various programs, "newsletters" or autoship plans that repeatedly bill their credit card, in spite of them clearly stating that they did not want to participate in such programs. Always check them out first with the BBB and/or scam-watch sites.

For example, purchasers of P90X have been automatically enrolled in an autoship program for a line of nutritional supplements that they have been unable to cancel.

Purchasers of the popular Dual Action Cleanse program are enrolled in the monthly auto-refill that charges their credit card for product they did not order, and many times subsequently do not receive.

Victims of Kevin Trudeau's books report being automatically enrolled in his newsletter that they are then charged for.

I strongly suggest finding another outlet from which to purchase any product that you see in an infomercial and decide to try. Wal-Mart carries dual action cleanse, you can find P90X on Ebay, Kevin Trudeau's books litter the shelves at my local used bookstore, etc.

-Dave

^ Best advice.

NEVER order this program.
    Keep Ritch Banned. FOR-EVER.

Un-Ban SKELETOR though, yo.

Banned

haha P90X , if you want a swimmer body, do it man!!
    Only people i'd ever recommend this system to, is people with like 30% bodyfat that never workout really, it would be somewhat of good start to shed some bodyfat cause its so high intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by anabolic fyre View Post
    haha P90X , if you want a swimmer body, do it man!!
    Only people i'd ever recommend this system to, is people with like 30% bodyfat that never workout really, it would be somewhat of good start to shed some bodyfat cause its so high intensity.

If I had a nickel for every time someone told me I have a swimmer's body, I'd never work a day again.

I don't fucking swim.

Maybe I'm just not eating enough. Perhaps I should try the Derek Poundstone chicken shake method.

Swimmer's body. Bah.

Sorry, no hijack.

I have the DVD's and I did the program last year from Jan '09 to Apr '09. I did it the straight 90 days.

The only thing I didn't follow was the diet program, since I wasn't looking to lose weight, but I wanted to be in better athletic shape. The program served that purpose.

I lost about 8 lbs, and got harder. My waist got smaller and my abs started to come out. But when I went back to lifting serious weights, I definatley lost some strength.

If you're looking to be a bodybuilder, I wouldn't recommend the program, since you're on a low carb diet, and you may lose size. Certainly, for an "ordinary" person, anything you do - even pushups will build muscle if you don't have any, but for you, you'd lose too much.

Having said that, I'm glad I did the program, and I may do it again in the near future. It made me focus on things that I was lazy about, and I realized that one came become lazy even in lifting weights. It was as good a mental exercise as a physical one. Still, I hated the Yoga though. The strength moves and stretching are good, but the balance postures I can do with out. If you do decide to do the program, then you may want to consider swiching the Yoga with the Stretch program. It has a lot of the Yoga moves without all the "ohhhmms" at the end.

As for guys here killing it, I'm not sure why, especially if they've never tried it. I'd challenge any of these guys to do the Ab X. It's 16 minutes of hell and would have a lot of them crying for mommy.

As for "this is a bodybuilding forum.....", we talk about all kinds of stuff here not even related to bodybuilding, so why knock it when it includes weight lifting and strength movements?

Good luck whatever you decide to do, but again, for bodybuilding, it may be too much for you.

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    As for guys here killing it, I'm not sure why, especially if they've never tried it.
    Alot of people on these forums like to shit on anything thats not "hardcore". Many think working out in a gym without sweat, piss and shit on the floor isn't going to build muslce

Banned

You both are wrong....no one is "killing it"...... and maybe some dumbasses just want to look like saviours when there's no need to.

All we're saying - at least I was - that its not superior to anything free on the internet because exercise is not rocket science. And no, I dont give a good goddamn how hard the AbX is.....shit, for that matter come try MY core conditioning program. Is it "better" just because it's tougher?? Fuck no. But it IS applicable for me. But we "hardcore muthers" already know it's not about how hard something is but about how applicable it is to the overall purpose. Fuck....Tae Bo is a great workout. But that doesnt mean it's applicable to the overall picture. If anyone here wants to "do" P90X, fine, go ahead.... no one's going to stop you. But once you learn something - more than just flapping your lip - you'll learn that you didnt have to shell out that kind of money for the PRINCIPLES of the program, and the PRINCIPLES are what make ANY program.

#1 reason not to buy this program, if you're a self respecting BB/weightlifter

He calls 1 Arm Dumbell Rows................................Lawn mowers......

Nuff said
    Confucius say...
    A ripped guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still ripped.
    A fat guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still fat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast