Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P90x?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by duncanlukas View Post
    p90x should never be mentioned on a bodybuilding forum....ever. Come on man, my freaking mom does p90x. Go to a gym and lift some god damn weight.
    the newest installment of the infomerccial stresses the point that you DON'T HAVE TO GO TO THE GYM" to do the program. I mean it's so hard to go to the gym 3 times a week and lift some weights....jeez.

p90x now there is another stuff called zumba lol

Banned

lol anyone ever heard of insanity?? or somtin like that, i saw the paid programming earlier today lol looks retarded.

I looked at this program, just out of curiosity and it is insane. They want people to train 6 days a week for up to 2-3 hours per day. Right there you just got a 90% dropout rate. I think this would also grossly overtrain most people. Yes, it is a gimmick and I think in the same genre as Crossfit. Sure the workouts are hard, but is that the most effective. For pure fat loss, its not a bad program since the metabolic work is over the top, but for hypertrophy, there is no better routine than our plain old BB, period!

All it is, is aerobic exercise. Simply put. I have a retard in my gym who brings a portable DVD player in and blasts it directly adjacent to the weight floor while flopping around like a dying fish.

I think the majority of people on this forum are looking to build muscle and the p90x is not exactly what Kai Greene, Jay Cutler or any pro BBer uses in the off-season to gain mass...

bout the same as this shit. mostly just gimmicks..
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mryto26K1mU"]YouTube- The Original Perfect Pushup Commercial[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7nvMCHH1bw"]YouTube- The Perfect Pullup[/ame]

from what I have seen at my gym, it does wonders for women who do it. The men I know who have done it lose fat, but also a lot of muscle, and end up with the skinny ripped look

if that's what you want, fine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l40MCXqr0ug"]YouTube- Chuck Norris' Workout - Total Gym[/ame]

but this right heres the real deal! "They once tried to make a chuck norris brand toliet paper...but it never worked out cause chuck norris doesnt take shit from anyone!" haha

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by anabolic fyre View Post
    lol anyone ever heard of insanity?? or somtin like that, i saw the paid programming earlier today lol looks retarded.
    insanity is made by the same company (beach body) and it's just more of the same, I think the routine might be a little harder to do. I watch all the infommercials when I'm riding the bike in the morning. the guy who is the "host" of insanity is sean T, he also did hip hop abs

I don't mind the infommercials for P90X, at least the older ones. they are fun to watch when doing the bike at 4:30 in the morning but the insanity one is a bit over the top for me.

these routines are only for helping you drop bodyweight/bodyfat...do they work? I dunno, I guess if you are motivated enough to get up and do the routine everyday you could probably just do the treadmill or the bike and get the same results. I know a guy who claims he lost 60lbs on P90X. I downloaded the ab ripper X routine just to see what it was all about...it's just an extended giant set for the abs, mostly concentrating on the lower abs.

the results speak for themselves

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    from what I have seen at my gym, it does wonders for women who do it. The men I know who have done it lose fat, but also a lot of muscle, and end up with the skinny ripped look
    if that's what you want, fine.
    i downloaded p90x from a torrent, and i have to say...the only thing that was sore the next day were my calves from all the jumping around. someone said something about crossfit, and i would liken p90x to that. i did almost all the videos in the series just to try them, and id be lying if i said i wasnt sucking wind halfway through a few of them. if youre already dieting, lifting correctly, and doing cardio, i see little reason to do this program. on the other hand, if you are getting sick of walking or running on the treadmill or cycling for cardio, doing the p90x cardio video would help anyone stay in good cardiovascular shape and keep them from heaving during deads and squats.

who this program IS perfect for is a beginning lifter or the average girl who isnt motivated enough to do the research involved in developing a regimen for themselves. if we are talking about someone who wants to be told by someone what to eat, what to do, how to stretch, and how to rest, this is for them.

Quote Originally Posted by doubleogordo View Post
    the results speak for themselves
    lmao

Banned

Listen to all the douchebags syaing "its just a cardio program, BRO" and shit like that, without evre having done the workouts.

YES, it's not a powerlifting rogram, but it will improve your health, cardio fitness and conditioning a lot better than fucking gay ass bodybuilding would. "OH NO, how dare he?" I hear you ask!

I have tried it and I know what I am talking about.. I went back to trainnig with weights BECAUSE IT WAS EASIER than P90X!

The P90X program is almost like a boxing/kickboxing/MMA conditioning workout. You will be training 6 days a week.. weight training is only one part of it.. there s a lot of inense stretching, punching, kicking the Yoga positions are soo fucking hard to do, especially if you are tight and then you have to hold the poision. I HAVE NEVER sweated so much in my life.. not even when doing high rep bodyweight squats!

SO FUCK anybody who jumps on the 'bro badwaggon' and saying "wanna get a good build, lift weights".. a lot of athletes have good builds and MOST of them hardly touch weights.

I truly believe that if you DO this program exactly as it's outlined, you will be in he best shape of your life".. but you will also be chroronically overtrained and in constant pain!

Try telling a boxer or fighter his workouts are for girls.. because p90x is almost the same shit.. it was too hard for me.. I prefer to lift weights 3 days a week, like a pussy bodybuilder!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nuckin Futs View Post

The P90X program is almost like a boxing/kickboxing/MMA conditioning workout.
    No it's not.

I truly believe that if you DO this program exactly as it's outlined, you will be in he best shape of your life"..
    Thats true for ANY program. Any well though out exercise program (which this is) is good and will deliver results so long as you stick with it. Tae Bo did too, and so does the Bow Flex.

but you will also be chroronically overtrained and in constant pain!
    This is why it is not like an MMA/Cross fit style program. I specialize in bodybuilding AND MMA/Cross fit because I train fighters. You will not be overtrained with this or any high intensity MMA/Seal type program so long as your diet is fit for it.

Try telling a boxer or fighter his workouts are for girls.. because p90x is almost the same shit..
    This I do agree with. I get a lot of neighborhood tough guys with plenty of "street muscle" who come in and take my classes simply because they see my students. They cant hang.

I believe this thread got derailed. All I was saying was that it is not revolutionary and it is not superior to ANY good training program out there. Training programs that you can get for free.

Banned

Ninja.. you missunderstood my post!

People are calling it a "cardio program" and "a program for pussies".. when in fact, it is anything but that... the people who created it, just threw everything into the fucking program, so that if you followed it (as with any intense cardio+lifting program), you would get results.

I didn't say it was the ONLY good program, but I said that 6 day a week sessions for 3 months, with kicking, punching, extreme stretching, non-stop lifting and difficult yoga positions IS NOT FOR PUSSIES and you will get into great shape.

The shit is hard.. just like training as a fighter, where you would be expected to train in the same way - obviously without bag work and sparring.

It just makes me laugh that these BRO's just start bashing it without knowing anytihng about it.

and BTW, I trained in Thai boxing constantly from the age of 15 to 25 (10 years), so I think I know what I'm talking about as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast