Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HGH & dosing ?

RX MEMBER

Default HGH & dosing ?

I recently found an anti-aging clinic and got approved to take HGH (after getting my blood & hormones tested). The clinic says the standard dosage for a women is .8iu ED. However my bodybuilding friends say a girl should take 2 iu's ED as this will show the most results.

Will I see any results from .8iu ED? When I mentioned 2iu's to the clinic they said that's too much. But I'm really looking to use it for muscle building as opposed to just getting my hormones back on track, like they think.

Since it's so expensive going the clinic route, I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time & money (approx. $1200 for 3 months thru clinic)

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

most women i know use 1 iu to 2 iu every day or 5 x a wk. gh alone will not give you muscle gain per say. when combined with AS it certainly supports it. but alone, dont expect miracles.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    most women i know use 1 iu to 2 iu every day or 5 x a wk. gh alone will not give you muscle gain per say. when combined with AS it certainly supports it. but alone, dont expect miracles.
    Thanks Tammy! I was going to run it with 10mg of var. So would the .8iu be a waste?

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i would think it would b ezer to measure 1 iu anyway. but no it wouldnt be.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

RX MEMBER

I have another question. Since you said don't expect too much from this - what should I expect? Is it more of a help in just overall well being or do you gain strength, get leaner on it (provided the diet is on point). I've heard so many diff opinions from it's the best to it's a waste

The purpose of hGH in an anti-aging scenario is just to supplement your natural hGH levels to get you to roughly what they were when you were at the peak of your youth. It essentially means getting your body back to its natural optimum. Like Tammy said, its not going to make you all of a sudden gain more muscle or the fat will start to melt off. Instead generally your body will function more optimally - better recovery, more supple skin, better sense of well-being, more prone to not deposit bodyfat, etc. So its not a miracle worker.

However if you read some of the anti-aging literature - especially for really old folks - there is a guy (rich retired guy of course) in South Florida who holds a couple different records for oldest guy to (scuba) dive the deepest and also I think some cave diving records as well. So that sort of thing is what you're looking at - and the effects IMO would be more dramatic, the older you are.

Its a supplement to whatever you're doing - not the be all & end all. What people call "a waste" is relative to your expectations.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    The purpose of hGH in an anti-aging scenario is just to supplement your natural hGH levels to get you to roughly what they were when you were at the peak of your youth. It essentially means getting your body back to its natural optimum. Like Tammy said, its not going to make you all of a sudden gain more muscle or the fat will start to melt off. Instead generally your body will function more optimally - better recovery, more supple skin, better sense of well-being, more prone to not deposit bodyfat, etc. So its not a miracle worker.

However if you read some of the anti-aging literature - especially for really old folks - there is a guy (rich retired guy of course) in South Florida who holds a couple different records for oldest guy to (scuba) dive the deepest and also I think some cave diving records as well. So that sort of thing is what you're looking at - and the effects IMO would be more dramatic, the older you are.

Its a supplement to whatever you're doing - not the be all & end all. What people call "a waste" is relative to your expectations.
    Thanks Sassy. I read all about it's anti aging effects. However I hear so many men bodybuilders talk about its use & how it's transformed their muscle structure/gains to a new level. Perhaps it's the amount they use??

ETA: I've seen a post on here how a girl on GH & anavar together is an amazing combination. So I guess I'm trying to find out what will the GH do to make it so much more amazing. I've done var at 5mg ed for 12 weeks and the results were great with strength & muscular definition (got tighter)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by justine0101 View Post
    Thanks Sassy. I read all about it's anti aging effects. However I hear so many men bodybuilders talk about its use & how it's transformed their muscle structure/gains to a new level. Perhaps it's the amount they use??
    That is pretty much it, Justine. Well, that and the levels of other anabolic compounds used in conjunction with the GH. Many male athletes are jumping aboard the HGH wagon including fighters and fighting coaches like myself for the benefits that Sassy described, and a lot of us also use anabolic compounds. But as you can see, the level of muscularity between a fighter/fighter hopefull vs a competitive bodybuilder just doesnt compare. For example, my boss is a competitive BBr and I am merely a fight coach. He and I are exactly the same height and we both use the same amount of HGH. But while he weighs 240, I only weigh 175.

I have another question. Since you said don't expect too much from this - what should I expect? Is it more of a help in just overall well being or do you gain strength, get leaner on it (provided the diet is on point). I've heard so many diff opinions from it's the best to it's a waste
    like tammy said 1 iu a day 5x times is fine and easier ,it not magic it will tke 4-6 months before you see the full effect of GH,they gave you a script of 8 cause that is what the amount mixes to,say it's 5.8 per vial if you mix 100 iu of bac water you get 15 ius of gh,so just add a extra10 iu's of bac water and draw 10 ius to make 1iu a day,so that's a total of 110 iou's of bac water,hope i didnt confuse you.You can PM me if you need more help!!

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    That is pretty much it, Justine. Well, that and the levels of other anabolic compounds used in conjunction with the GH. Many male athletes are jumping aboard the HGH wagon including fighters and fighting coaches like myself for the benefits that Sassy described, and a lot of us also use anabolic compounds. But as you can see, the level of muscularity between a fighter/fighter hopefull vs a competitive bodybuilder just doesnt compare. For example, my boss is a competitive BBr and I am merely a fight coach. He and I are exactly the same height and we both use the same amount of HGH. But while he weighs 240, I only weigh 175.
    I totally get it now with the other anabolics being used in conjunction with it. I forgot that non bb people use it too and you could probably never tell.

On a side note is it true that in the beginning a user can experience joint pain & water retention. How common is that?

I totally get it now with the other anabolics being used in conjunction with it. I forgot that non bb people use it too and you could probably never tell.

On a side note is it true that in the beginning a user can experience joint pain & water retention. How common is that?
    I"m not so sure its about being a beginner but just like most other things, you have to try it & see how you respond. Normally I'd suggest start at 1 iu ED - which is sufficient if you're just looking for the general support features of GH. Its expensive as you need to run it a long time, and more isn't necessarily better. I think I noted this above, but the idea of HRT for anti-aging purposes is to find the right dose to supplement your natural levels to get you to an optimal level - not just throw in some amount. Your body generally works on a supply / demand sort of push/pull balance.

But yes you can experience "joint pain" that many people liken to carpal tunnel syndrome in the wrists. Also water retention can occur. So here is where you want to play either w/ your dosing or your dosing schedule to find what works for you - you can drop the dose to somethign smaller or you can try going every other day w/ the injections.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    I"m not so sure its about being a beginner but just like most other things, you have to try it & see how you respond. Normally I'd suggest start at 1 iu ED - which is sufficient if you're just looking for the general support features of GH. Its expensive as you need to run it a long time, and more isn't necessarily better. I think I noted this above, but the idea of HRT for anti-aging purposes is to find the right dose to supplement your natural levels to get you to an optimal level - not just throw in some amount. Your body generally works on a supply / demand sort of push/pull balance.

But yes you can experience "joint pain" that many people liken to carpal tunnel syndrome in the wrists. Also water retention can occur. So here is where you want to play either w/ your dosing or your dosing schedule to find what works for you - you can drop the dose to somethign smaller or you can try going every other day w/ the injections.
    I still cant get over that pic of you and the car.I think my test levels went from 1500 to 15,000!!!!!!

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

[QUOTE=tammyp;926554]most women i know use 1 iu to 2 iu every day or 5 x a wk. gh alone will not give you muscle gain per say. when combined with AS it certainly supports it. but alone, dont expect miracles.[/QUOTE]

i was actually astonished even at 2 IU a day for a year ontop of crank how sutle and slow the muscle gain was
    i really expected more
    so i totally agree

GH may just be highly over rated when it comes to muscle growth...it is what you add to it that makes the difference

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Penman View Post
    GH may just be highly over rated when it comes to muscle growth...it is what you add to it that makes the difference

HONESTLY, i'm in my 2nd year on GH
    i'm absolutely amazed how little i've gained from it
    especially seeing the fuckin' cost of the shit
    now i'm doing an interesting experiment fairly soon
    i sprung for a pharmaceutical grade brand for my last 7 wks precontest
    the cost was 3 x's more than i had been paying
    someone i trust said that it will be worth it
    so i am fixing to find out
    theres no way in hell unless i start a grow-op or win the lottery or marry a rich man
    that i could take it on a continuous basis
    but it'll be interesting to see the dif

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast