Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: t3 questions

PENCILNECK

Default t3 questions

few t3 questions that i havent found answers to . all for female user, approximately 5' 8" 200lbs. will be doing an 8 week cycle. starting at 12.5 mcg per day working up to 25mcg and then tapering back down to 12.5.

1. will t3 effect the use of birth control at all ? (ortho tri)
    2. how soon after starting to take it will she start to lose weight.
    3. assuming diet and training are in check how much weight would be realistic to lose from an 8 week cycle.

thank you for your time, any input greatly appreciated

T3 should not be used for general weight loss

i personally don't even believe in it for prep dieting too much risk of damage to endocrine system

regular weight loss can be done thru smart dieting and exercise, reducing calories but not too low and adding in resistance training and cardio but again nothing drastic or risk metabolic damage

it is best to lose 2 or less lbs per week

many people have gone from extremely overweight to great shape with just proper nutrition and exercise

Banned

no it wont effect bc
    is "effective" in a few days
    not so much

t3 is not magic.. even with ur diet and training on target.. this is NOT something you are going to wake up drastically leaner daily or even weekly.. that is a low dose and basically what your thyroid would produce (after conversion from t4) anyway.. at 5'8 and 200lbs this would NOT be my first or 2nd or 3rd choice to consider.

what is your diet and training consisting of? how much cardio per day/week? average hr during the cardio? do you lift weights? if so how often? what style (dc? hit? ??) what EXACTLY is your diet at the moment?

weight loss and bbing in general is like 70% diet 30% everything else IMO

Have to agree - t3 isn't a "weight loss pill" - its self-medicating w/ thyroid medication.

You can't really have any expectations of it particularly if you don't know anything about the person's thryoid profile to begin with. I'd also say no supplement should be your 'secret weapon' - diet, training & cardio need to be dialed in and consistent to get results.

Something else w/ t3 - it also isn't a "fat burner" - it metabolizes both fat & lean muscle mass indiscriminantly. Frankly I wouldn't recommend running it w/o an anabolic support. And this is not a situation where I would even remotely mention the use of AAS.

Sorry -- -would much rather just get the diet & training & cardio & recovery tight & solid and just keep going to establish the lifestyle to get & maintain the goals you want.

Also a side note - the amounts you're talking about, I'm not even sure how much that will affect. What I don't want you or this girl to get as an idea is that t3 is the key.
    Last edited by sassy69; 03-28-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by bryann View Post
    few t3 questions that i havent found answers to . all for female user, approximately 5' 8" 200lbs. will be doing an 8 week cycle. starting at 12.5 mcg per day working up to 25mcg and then tapering back down to 12.5.

1. will t3 effect the use of birth control at all ? (ortho tri)
    2. how soon after starting to take it will she start to lose weight.
    3. assuming diet and training are in check how much weight would be realistic to lose from an 8 week cycle.

thank you for your time, any input greatly appreciated
    not a good thing,need a clean diet,cardio,and training,t3 alone is catabolic and w/out AAs support makes it a even worse decision.I would recommend bloodwork to determine all levels,is there a under lying problem???or just lack of exercise and diet?

I agree with everyone here.. Stick to a squeaky clean diet and good workout regiment you will see great results.. Its doable I've done it.. I'm 5'8 1/2" started at 220lbs back in 2002 and got myself on stage this past November at 129lbs as my first show..

PENCILNECK

thanks for all the replies.

her thyroid has been tested reccently and it came back normal but she eats literally sub 1500 calories a day and still does not lose weight. i knew about the catabolizing effects and ive informed her its going to burn both muscle and fat but she still wants to try it.

someone asked if there was an under lying problem, and im quite certain there is and its stress. but at this time nothing can be done to remedy it. (complicated)

Quote Originally Posted by bryann View Post
    thanks for all the replies.

her thyroid has been tested reccently and it came back normal but she eats literally sub 1500 calories a day and still does not lose weight. i knew about the catabolizing effects and ive informed her its going to burn both muscle and fat but she still wants to try it.

someone asked if there was an under lying problem, and im quite certain there is and its stress. but at this time nothing can be done to remedy it. (complicated)
    the bolded is why she is not losing you need to eat to lose or it shuts down
    at 200 she need to eat 20000 to 2400 cals and you want to start at the high end

I was 130 at 5'1" with a trainer having me eat 1500 cals and 70 min cardio a day and i was gaining fat cuz my body was fighting back

the only way to do it without gaining it back and f-ing up you body is slow and steady eating as much as possible while still making progress

have her start with Body for Life

Here's back to my first comment - T3 or any other supplement will only ever be a SUPPLEMENT to an already consistent & producing diet & training program. Here you literally state that 'still does not want to lose weight" -- this is your first big fat red flag to revisit the diet & training, usually diet first. That's telling you that the way you're fueling your body isn't working - not that your body isn't working -- rather that you're not giving it the right stuff to work with. Trying to force a metabolic response w/ drugs is the LAST place you want to make change because now you're putting the body under two opposing influences - a diet that implies the body is existing in a drought scenario and a thyroid medication to jack up metabolism. Since the diet is already in place & the bdoy is already resisting it, start there. You DO NOT NEED need to look to chemistry to make the body do what it is beautifully designed to do.

Excellent recommendation on BODY FOR LIFE -- find the starting place where her body is willing to play ball, and then tweak as she makes progress. I'm w/ Suzanne - I'm 5'7" and normally off-season anywhere from 165-175. I cut on 17-1800 calories - but its more like a 16 week process, not 8 - because you want to let your body work the way it was designed to instead of forcing it - cuz it won't play.
    Last edited by sassy69; 03-28-2010 at 01:09 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Banned

at your height and weight sub 1500 isnt a good thing tho.. and what makes UP the 1500 what is your diet? hun.. i was 295lbs at 5'7 and i didnt take a SINGLE DRUG. it was ALL diet and exercise so i do not believe you "cant" lose weight hehe probably something screwy about the diet. alot of times we THINK its clean and dont realize its ...maybe not so clean .

i remember when i was first starting out.. it was so shocking to me to see how much fat and how many carbs were in things

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barbellbarbie View Post
    at your height and weight sub 1500 isnt a good thing tho.. and what makes UP the 1500 what is your diet? hun.. i was 295lbs at 5'7 and i didnt take a SINGLE DRUG. it was ALL diet and exercise so i do not believe you "cant" lose weight hehe probably something screwy about the diet. alot of times we THINK its clean and dont realize its ...maybe not so clean .

i remember when i was first starting out.. it was so shocking to me to see how much fat and how many carbs were in things

so so true~
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by prettymuscles View Post
    I agree with everyone here.. Stick to a squeaky clean diet and good workout regiment you will see great results.. Its doable I've done it.. I'm 5'8 1/2" started at 220lbs back in 2002 and got myself on stage this past November at 129lbs as my first show..
    Well done! I'm in agreement here too. I started out at 235 in 2006 - now weigh in at 165. Have been holding at 165 for the past 1 1/2 years - just diet & training alone.

Would a hypthyroid person using T3 risk burning muscle and fat indiscriminately too? Or are you speaking of someone who doesn't need thyroid help and does T3 to try to lose weight? I take 25mcg twice a day, along with 50mcg of T4 and my TSH level sits right at 1.0.

Hasn't leaned me out one bit, but I feel good now.

Quote Originally Posted by gman View Post
    Would a hypthyroid person using T3 risk burning muscle and fat indiscriminately too? Or are you speaking of someone who doesn't need thyroid help and does T3 to try to lose weight? I take 25mcg twice a day, along with 50mcg of T4 and my TSH level sits right at 1.0.

Hasn't leaned me out one bit, but I feel good now.
    Isn't the point of someone prescribed thyroid medication to get them to a level of 'normal' thyroid function as dictated by the human body, and not to additionally speed up / slow down thyroid function to "lose weight"? To that end I would assume your prescription is set to what allows your body to function in the "normal" range.
    ~Jack Lalanne

I do think getting the thyroid function into the normal range does supposedly speed up your metabolism somewhat.

But really only was asking about if you're taking thyroid medicine to make your thyroid function normally, does it have that same indiscriminate fat/muscle burning effect as if you're taking it when your thyroid is normal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast