Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Digital Marketing Manager, Team GAT SallyAnne's Avatar

Default Ostarine - SARMs

I was listening to the latest HMR show and Dave talked about Ostarine and the benefits it would have for women due to not having androgenic side effects.

Here's the profile:

Family: Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator

Half Life: About 4 hours

Formula: C19 H18 F3 N3 O6

Chemical Structure: S-3-(4-acetylamino-phenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-propionamide

Anabolic Rating: Similar to Testosterone Propionate

Facts: Ostarine (*S-4) is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator produced by GTx Inc, which is currently in the investigational stages of development. A SARM is exactly what it sounds like: a compound (not an anabolic steroid) which has the ability to stimulate the androgen receptor (much the same way as anabolic steroids). Unfortunately, due to its status as a drug still in the developmental stage, most of the research on it has been done in rodents and trials only.

S-4 is an orally active (and highly bioavailable) selective agonist for androgen receptors which was shown to have anabolic effects in muscle and bone tissue. It has been shown to have no measurable effect on lutenizing hormone (LH) or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), but it has been shown to have some effect on prostate weight, with an androgenic potency around 1/3rd of its anabolic potency (1). Still, this is a good trade-off, because it’s anabolic effect has been measured to be roughly the same as testosterone. It has also been shown to produce dose-dependent increases in bone mineral density and mechanical strength in addition to being able decrease body fat and increase lean body mass (2).

Unfortunately, it has a short half-life in humans of only 4 hours (3), and thus far has only gone through phase II clinical testing in humans (4).

Practical Use: This compound has potential use for all aspects of male hormone replacement therapy, and could eventually replace testosterone for this purpose. Since there is currently no accepted test for SARMs, athletes who are subject to drug testing would find it to be a suitable replacement for anabolic steroid use. Since it doesn’t effect LH or FSH, it may also be a highly useful anabolic agent to be used while attempting post-cycle therapy.

Side Effects: Prostate enlargement (1/3rd of what is seen with testosterone) and potential acne are potential side effects, although most users don’t report either of them; much more common are vision problems (floaters, yellow-tinged vision). Water retention, gynecomastia, and most other steroid-related side effects are probably not possible. In addition, inhibition of natural hormone levels is probably minimal or nonexistent at worst.

Used By: I’ve successfully used S-4 and can attest to its potency and lack of side effects – but since it has only recently appeared on the black market (in very limited quantities), very few people have gotten the opportunity to try it. I suspect that some high-level athletes have gotten their hands on it, as have a small handful of bodybuilders. In the coming years we can expect it to become an accepted part of the underground pharmacopeia.

Typical Dose: I’ve tried several different dosing protocols with this drug, ranging from only pre-workout, to only post-workout, to every day and every other day. For me, 100 milligrams prior to workouts and 100 milligrams in the morning (on non-workout days) appears to work best.

Stacks Well With: S-4 can be used in place of testosterone in virtually any cycle. In a very practical sense, because it causes no water retention, I suspect that it will be used very successfully in the final stages of pre-contest cycles for bodybuilders (or as a very potent stand-alone for athletes under doping controls).

Producing/Developing Company:

Ostarine by GTx Inc.

[Currently this is the only form available, other than underground preparations]

Availability: Low (Only available from one underground supplier)

Counterfeited: Never (but I suspect we’ll be seeing them soon)

References:

1. Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics, Vol. 304, Issue 3, 1334-1340, March 2003
    2. Pharmaceutical Research. 2007 Feb;24(2):328-35.
    3. Pharmaceutical Research. 2006 Aug;23(8):1641-58.
    4. GTx Announces That Ostarine Achieved Primary Endpoint Of Lean Body Mass And A Secondary Endpoint Of Improved Functional Performance

http://www.sarmsinfo.com/profiles/ostarine.php

I have a buddy using S-4 and loves it. I haven't heard of any women using it yet.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

it makes sense that this would be perfect for women. No masculinizing side effects.

Physique Critique Judge holyintellect's Avatar

It does sound great for women....I know several males who have used it, with fairly dissapointing results, but I have yet to hear feedback from a woman...
    Every day in Africa a gazelle wakes up.
    It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed.
    Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows that it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death.
    It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle.
    When the sun comes up, you better be running.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by SallyAnne View Post
    I was listening to the latest HMR show and Dave talked about Ostarine and the benefits it would have for women due to not having androgenic side effects.

Here's the profile:

Family: Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator

Half Life: About 4 hours

Formula: C19 H18 F3 N3 O6

Chemical Structure: S-3-(4-acetylamino-phenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-propionamide

Anabolic Rating: Similar to Testosterone Propionate

Facts: Ostarine (*S-4) is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator produced by GTx Inc, which is currently in the investigational stages of development. A SARM is exactly what it sounds like: a compound (not an anabolic steroid) which has the ability to stimulate the androgen receptor (much the same way as anabolic steroids). Unfortunately, due to its status as a drug still in the developmental stage, most of the research on it has been done in rodents and trials only.

S-4 is an orally active (and highly bioavailable) selective agonist for androgen receptors which was shown to have anabolic effects in muscle and bone tissue. It has been shown to have no measurable effect on lutenizing hormone (LH) or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), but it has been shown to have some effect on prostate weight, with an androgenic potency around 1/3rd of its anabolic potency (1). Still, this is a good trade-off, because it’s anabolic effect has been measured to be roughly the same as testosterone. It has also been shown to produce dose-dependent increases in bone mineral density and mechanical strength in addition to being able decrease body fat and increase lean body mass (2).

Unfortunately, it has a short half-life in humans of only 4 hours (3), and thus far has only gone through phase II clinical testing in humans (4).

Practical Use: This compound has potential use for all aspects of male hormone replacement therapy, and could eventually replace testosterone for this purpose. Since there is currently no accepted test for SARMs, athletes who are subject to drug testing would find it to be a suitable replacement for anabolic steroid use. Since it doesn’t effect LH or FSH, it may also be a highly useful anabolic agent to be used while attempting post-cycle therapy.

Side Effects: Prostate enlargement (1/3rd of what is seen with testosterone) and potential acne are potential side effects, although most users don’t report either of them; much more common are vision problems (floaters, yellow-tinged vision). Water retention, gynecomastia, and most other steroid-related side effects are probably not possible. In addition, inhibition of natural hormone levels is probably minimal or nonexistent at worst.

Used By: I’ve successfully used S-4 and can attest to its potency and lack of side effects – but since it has only recently appeared on the black market (in very limited quantities), very few people have gotten the opportunity to try it. I suspect that some high-level athletes have gotten their hands on it, as have a small handful of bodybuilders. In the coming years we can expect it to become an accepted part of the underground pharmacopeia.

Typical Dose: I’ve tried several different dosing protocols with this drug, ranging from only pre-workout, to only post-workout, to every day and every other day. For me, 100 milligrams prior to workouts and 100 milligrams in the morning (on non-workout days) appears to work best.

Stacks Well With: S-4 can be used in place of testosterone in virtually any cycle. In a very practical sense, because it causes no water retention, I suspect that it will be used very successfully in the final stages of pre-contest cycles for bodybuilders (or as a very potent stand-alone for athletes under doping controls).

Producing/Developing Company:

Ostarine by GTx Inc.

[Currently this is the only form available, other than underground preparations]

Availability: Low (Only available from one underground supplier)

Counterfeited: Never (but I suspect we’ll be seeing them soon)

References:

1. Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics, Vol. 304, Issue 3, 1334-1340, March 2003
    2. Pharmaceutical Research. 2007 Feb;24(2):328-35.
    3. Pharmaceutical Research. 2006 Aug;23(8):1641-58.
    4. GTx Announces That Ostarine Achieved Primary Endpoint Of Lean Body Mass And A Secondary Endpoint Of Improved Functional Performance

http://www.sarmsinfo.com/profiles/ostarine.php

The chemical mentioned above is not Ostarine, it is Acetamidoxolutamide and its formula is NHCOCH3 and chemical structure is the same as mentioned; S-3-(4-acetylamino-phenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-propionamide

There has been some misinformation about what ostarine, andarine and S4 really are so I do not fault sarmsinfo.com because not even I knew it. At first I though Acetamidoxolutamide AKA S4 was Ostarine.

I hear real Ostarine , an oral GH secretagogue and SIRT1 activator will be next!

Chavo

There is a lady who ran this and logged it over at EF. Not sure If I can post a link. But she liked it at 25mg ED.

Let me know if it's cool to post the link and I will.

Quote Originally Posted by retroshaper View Post
    There is a lady who ran this and logged it over at EF. Not sure If I can post a link. But she liked it at 25mg ED.

Let me know if it's cool to post the link and I will.
    go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by holyintellect View Post
    It does sound great for women....I know several males who have used it, with fairly dissapointing results, but I have yet to hear feedback from a woman...
    I think the issue right now is not knowing what you're getting when you order from a UGL. Who knows if what they had was real....

Quote Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
    The chemical mentioned above is not Ostarine, it is Acetamidoxolutamide and its formula is NHCOCH3 and chemical structure is the same as mentioned; S-3-(4-acetylamino-phenoxy)-2-hydroxy-2-methyl-N-(4-nitro-3-trifluoromethyl-phenyl)-propionamide

There has been some misinformation about what ostarine, andarine and S4 really are so I do not fault sarmsinfo.com because not even I knew it. At first I though Acetamidoxolutamide AKA S4 was Ostarine.

I hear real Ostarine , an oral GH secretagogue and SIRT1 activator will be next!

Chavo
    I believe this is a profile done by Anthony Roberts....

I think the issue right now is not knowing what you're getting when you order from a UGL. Who knows if what they had was real....
    ^^^This. I have heard of guys dosing up to 150mg and reporting no sides or positive effects (under dosed) and others saying if they went over 50mg they had the vision sides.

Anyway here is the link to the log: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/wo...nt-683265.html

PENCILNECK

I believe this is a profile done by Anthony Roberts....
    Yes it was but I do not think he knew at the time he wrote it.

PENCILNECK

Here is recent info:

Clinical development (GTx, Inc.)
    OstarineTM is an aryl propionamide SARM and the most advanced clinical candidate. OstarineTM demonstrated exciting data in an initial proof-of-concept Phase IIa clinical trial. GTx, Inc. reported in December 2006 the results of this clinical trial, which was a double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial in sixty elderly men and sixty postmenopausal women [Dalton, 2007a; Dalton, 2007b]. Without a prescribed diet or exercise regimen, all subjects treated with OstarineTM had a dose-dependent increase in total LBM, with the 3 mg/day cohort achieving an increase of 1.3 kg compared to baseline and 1.4 kg compared to placebo after 3 months of treatment. Treatment with OstarineTM also resulted in a dose-dependent improvement in functional performance measured by a stair climb test, with the 3 mg/day cohort achieving clinically significant improvement in speed and power. Interestingly, subjects treated with 3 mg/d of OstarineTM had on average an 11% decline in fasting blood glucose, a 17% reduction in insulin levels, and a 27% reduction in insulin resistance (homeostasis model assessment) as compared to baseline, suggesting that sarms might have therapeutic potential in diabetics or people at risk for diabetes. Phase I clinical studies with OstarineTM showed that it was rapidly absorbed after oral administration with a half-life of about 1 day (unpublished data).

See here and scroll all the way until you see "ostarine" or "mk-2866"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2602589/

PENCILNECK

Also, I have seen some chinese traders/companies claiming to sell Ostarine recently but theirs is not the real Ostarine but a byproduct of Ostarine.

If their CAS# is 1202044-20-9 then is not legit.

The reason why they can make the real Ostarine is because they would have to get a hold of GTX's patent file then they can not reproduce it. This is sort of like what happened to CJC1295 when chinese companies started making it without the DAC yet they claimed it was real until they got caught by some buyers so now they tell you is Modified GFR1-29 without Lys linker and DAC, they could not make it because obtaining the materials for the lys linker and DAC is not easy but there is ONE chinese peptide company that sells real CJC1295 with Lys linker and DAC

OSTA Rx™ - COMING SOON!

Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator

Ostarine ~ 4-cyanophenoxy)-N-[4-cyano-3-(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]-2-hydroxy-2-methylpropanamide)

Ostarine (MK-2866) is a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. A SARM is exactly what it sounds like: a compound (not an anabolic steroid) which has the ability to stimulate the androgen receptor (much the same way as anabolic steroids). S-4 is an orally active (and highly bioavailable) selective agonist for androgen receptors which was shown to have anabolic effects in muscle and bone tissue. It has been shown to have no measurable effect on lutenizing hormone (LH) or follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), but it has been shown to have some effect on prostate weight, with an androgenic potency around 1/3rd of its anabolic potency (1). Still, this is a good trade-off, because it’s anabolic effect has been measured to be roughly the same as testosterone. It has also been shown to produce dose-dependent increases in bone mineral density and mechanical strength in addition to being able decrease body fat and increase lean body mass.

Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) bind to the androgen receptor and demonstrate osteo (bone) and myo (muscular) anabolic activity. Binding and activation of the Androgen receptor alters the expression of genes and increases protein synthesis, hence builds muscle. So in essence, SARMs such as Ostarine causes muscle growth in the same manner as steroids, however unlike testosterone and other anabolic steroids and prohormones, SARMs (as nonsteroidal agents) don’t produce the growth effect on prostate and other secondary sexual organs.

Ostarine in particular exerts its anabolic effects on muscle tissue almost exclusively. So not only does it represent a new potential treatment option for a wide spectrum of conditions from muscle wasting diseases (from age-related to AIDS or cancer-related), but is also has immense potential for muscle building for Bodybuilders, fitness, athletes and an agent to minimize atrophy during recovery periods from serious surgery or similar situations.

http://www.ironmaglabs.com/product-list/osta-rx/

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

looking forward to this !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast