Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

Default My 2009 Jr Nationals Prep

Its been a bit since I had my last contest prep thread. I liked having a bit of the accountability and something to update, and the encouragement from everyone helps too. This wont be a journal of my lifts and exercises, if you want to see a split or something I will post it, but Im not someone who writes everything down and definitely I know I wont keep it up.

This will more likely be a place where I post pictures, stats, how things are coming, good things and bad things and how much longer, lol. More of just a dialogue, but something I can keep and use to motivate me.

I wont lie Im a bit nervous about this show, currently its 19.5 weeks out. I just had umbilical surgery 14 days ago and prior to that I had taken two weeks off, one to rest because I needed it badly and one to take a vacation, so Im down in weight and size I feel. I lost weight on vacation despite eating dessert at every meal, it was so damn hot and I bet I walked 3 miles per day or more. And in between our 3-4 main meals I was just eating protein powder or protein bar to hold me.

So right now my training is very light and Im trying to ramp up my cals a bit to add back some muscle and recomp, but cant really get them rocking until Im at least 3 weeks post op, next week. Im not even supposed to be training at all until next Weds, Im going slow and steady. Really focusing just on form and feeling the muscle work again. Ive just been going slower and really only using the muscle Im trying to work. Its amazing how sore you can make your back with 40 lbs on the seated narrow grip cable pull if you dont pull with biceps at all and pinch every set REALLY hard.

Here are my goals for this month, i started my diet on Monday. To gain back about 2-3 lbs of muscle and lose 2-3 lbs of fat. Keep the diet clean but with VARIETY, 20 weeks is a long time, lol. I will hit 30 mins cardio daily of LISS for this month and assess at March 1, 15 morning and 15 evening pwo on days I train. I will be taking one cheat meal on Saturday evenings out with the family. I'll be training 4 days per week througout, 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off. Here is my current diet if you are interested.

P: 223
    C: 260 training, about 220 non by dropping the oats from Meal 6
    F: 43

(EVERYTHING WEIGHED IN GRAMS)
    Meal 1:
    285 grams whites
    20 grams yellow
    46 grams Fiber One
    15 grams blue berries
    1/4 sea salt
    1 slin trol

Meal 2:
    33 grams Beverly International Ultimate Muscle Protein
    170 grams Carbmaster yogurt (has 12 grams protein, only 3 carbs)
    205 white potatoe
    1 fish oil
    1/4 sea salt
    1 slin trol

Meal 3:
    155 cooked brown rice
    130 lean ground turkey
    1 fish oil cap
    1/4 sea salt

Meal 4: (glutamine 1/2 hr prior to this meal)
    45 UMP
    1 2% fat string cheese (mozarella)
    43 Fiber One
    1/4 tsp sea salt

Meal 5: PWO
    150 96 lean ground beef
    255 white potatoe
    Broccoli (no weight, at least a cup)
    1 sugar fee jello if desired
    1 slin trol

Meal 6:
    110 cottage cheese
    29 UMP
    46 whole oats
    1 slin trol

As the weeks pass Ill clean out the diet and drop carbs a tad if need be. But the above gives me a A LOT of leeway to remove certain things (ie dairy, fruit, etc) and keep at the same macros while "cleaning" up the diet as needed.

Currently weight is around 163-165 morning weight, evening 170 on the dot. Im looking to be a lightweight and come down slowly with no muscle loss. I dont know my bodyfat but I dont think I have more than 12 lbs of fat to lose, something around there. Just gonna take it nice and slowly.

Just competing at this show in my best condition ever will be a win, I know genetically Im not that most gifted guy, so hard work and condition are going to have to be what I rely on. If I can accomplish that, Im not concerned with my placings.

When the swelling from my surgery goes away, I suspect another 2 weeks Ill post some pics, but not until then.

Other supplements:
    Vasocharge, 2 scps pre workout with 2 scps Extend
    3 scps Extend during training
    Beverly Muscle Synergy, 8 upon waking, 4 pwo and 4 at bed
    500 mg Vit C pwo
    500 mg Relora pwo (anti cortisol)
    Glutamine powder
    Creatine mono
    Bev 7 keto DHEA (Musclean). I plan to rotate fat burners on a 4 week basis, start light and change out stronger ones as needed as prep goes along.

I think that about covers it, sorry for the long post.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Thought Id post this over here to get it going, Im now in the midst of 19 weeks out, long way to go, but things are going well. As you can see I diet with carbs, but Im very ecto and it works for me. Ill update some more in a bit.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

nice log bro, can't wait to watch your progress

i see the relora in there. always helped me out i think ill get some in the morning

Good luck with your prep!!!

subscribed

Good read, goodluck mate

PENCILNECK

Hey Everyone, Jason invited me to come and join the fun. I just wanted to give props to Jason as I saw him last year make a dramatic and remarkable transformation in winning his class at the Northern Kentucky.

Jason went from not placing to doing what he is talking about above in winning his class in an extremely competitive show.

Jason also helps quite a few people (including myself) and is extremely knowledgeable. Listen to him!!!

I worked at Beverly Intl' for 5 + years and still help them to this day. I was under the care of Roger Riedinger who is extremely knowledgeable. In saying that it has been my greatest experience (well maybe close to the 2000 Nationals) in preparing for a competition.

Thanks Jason!!! Jason did not tell me to say this but just to come by and check out the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah.forster View Post
    Hey Everyone, Jason invited me to come and join the fun. I just wanted to give props to Jason as I saw him last year make a dramatic and remarkable transformation in winning his class at the Northern Kentucky.

Jason went from not placing to doing what he is talking about above in winning his class in an extremely competitive show.

Jason also helps quite a few people (including myself) and is extremely knowledgeable. Listen to him!!!

I worked at Beverly Intl' for 5 + years and still help them to this day. I was under the care of Roger Riedinger who is extremely knowledgeable. In saying that it has been my greatest experience (well maybe close to the 2000 Nationals) in preparing for a competition.

Thanks Jason!!! Jason did not tell me to say this but just to come by and check out the board.
    x2. The guy knows his shit! Good to see you over at this site buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by joedanielsx View Post
    i see the relora in there. always helped me out i think ill get some in the morning
    Yep, 250 mg morning after LISS cardio and 250 mg pwo. I feel with my day job, training, cardio, running natty and staying active on the boards my cortisol could be a little more out of whack than Id like, Ive read good things about Relora and my wife now swears by it so I thought Id keep it in there.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Good Luck Scooby!! I will be on here following along.. your last contest prep thread over at MD was one of the best threads on the board!

Today is 21 days post op. Still have swelling, I was told it will take another 3 weeks to be completely gone. As I always watch my ab area and legs to judge if Im progressing, the swelling makes it hard. But, this far out Im more concerned with getting in the groove and hitting all my macros. Plenty of time for me to be dropping consistently each week. I do think my upper abs and arms are leaner as that arm vein is popping now just when doing regular things around the house, etc.

Im still not able to squat, bent over row or deadlift, but that isnt that huge of a deal I can cope. Its the lighter training and less intensity that is annoying.

This Sunday will mark the end of week 2 of dieting. That Monday I want to add in another 25-50 carbs for the next two weeks to prime my metabolism for the drop March 1st, which is when Ill also up cardio a bit and clean out some of the non conventional bodybuilding prep foods.

Tonight is back thickness/hamis and calves. Its hard to hit back thickness witout deads and bent over rows, but I can cope with other exercises. Hamis suffer without stiff legs, but I may be able to do those light and really feel the stretch as the final workout with out much stress to the abdominal wall.

Although swelling still exists I MAY snap a few pics Saturday at the gym, may is the operative word here.

Steve good to see you stopping in my man, how is the offseason treating you, still good I hope.

Ss
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Offseason is going great bro..making good gains and training hard!!

Default Thoughts

Just a few things to post up:

1) This morning I was down 2.6 lbs from starting weight in less than 2 weeks, that will mean about 1.5 lbs lost per week. This is great but Im 18 weeks out and I feel .75 to 1 lbs is better at this point. Reason for starting so soon is to keep all the muscle I have. I could cut cardio, but thats not how I do things. So im gonna up my carbs by 50 grams, that will mean training days are 306 and non training days will be 260. Protein and fats will stay the same 225 and 45, respectively.

2) I love my current diet the variety is awesome even though some of the foods arent traditional bodybuilding foods. I feel this is important this far out in sticking to it. Reason I mention this is because my GI feels really healthy right now, not a ton of nasty bb'er gas, bloating or cramping, etc. The Fiber One is a good addition to keep things regular, sorry for all the information, but I said id post the good and the bad or TMI stuff.

3) My head is in the right place for this. Im just ready to compete. 2 months ago, if you asked, and Im being honest here, I was like I dont know if Ill be ready to do this all over again. But, Im ready.

4) The flip has pretty much been flipped, I dont have any cravings for junk food, but Ill continue with the 1 cheat meal per week at least for now.

So cals are being upped for at least 2 weeks, that will put me 16 weeks out, if I get no loss with them at these levels, I come back to where I am now starting March 1. At the very least the increase now will keep me strong and rev the metabolism for March 1.

Ss
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Default oilive oil or popeye?

I tell my clients that you will have times on the diet where you awake and feel like Popeye, you just like what you see, and days where you awake and feel like olive oil and doubt why you even doing this.

I had an olive oil moment today. Not sure why, I didnt train yesterday carbs were a tad lower, I guess I could be somewhat flat, but I just felt and looked shitty. You look at the entire package and think, National scene, maybe Ive lost my mind.

But you have to get those thoughts out your head. I may take some pics today, but I could see myself passing too, lol. We'll see, maybe a good chest day will snap me out of it. Off to train soon.

The thing with my physique (and maybe some of this is in my mind) but unflexed I think I look like shit, its not until I pose that my strong suits even come out, X frame, and muscular flow. Otherwise, I look like crap. Ive been told I have a "pop" physique. The guy said I wasnt that impressed with you walking around backstage but when you got on stage I couldnt believe it was the same guy. Uh, thanks I guess, lol.....

Ss
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast