Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

last weeks npc show
    Attached Images Attached Images

RX MEMBER

All it takes to compete in the NPC is to purchase an NPC card, pay your entry fee, and buy a pair of posing trunks. Until the NPC actually sets up some sort of standard, some sort of regulation for body composition such as bodyfat percentage, or at least something, idiots like these will continue to trash the stage at small local shows. Its unfortunate for the sport, but great for the NPC because of the $$$$$ and thats the bottom line for any organization.

NOVICE

i doubt npc will set up some standards in local shows, even in the nationals i see some guys outta shape and i don't know how did they qualified for nationals. i guess that $100+ on the national entrance fees is all it matters. btw, they spend $90 on a npc card, $50 for entrance fees on regional show, plus tanning service from $50-$120 at the show, and buying tank tops for $20 a pop, this can add up to large amount of $$. the sad thing is they are handing out trophies to the outta shape guys because there's only 3 competitors in that class

Quote Originally Posted by Die4Mass View Post
    All it takes to compete in the NPC is to purchase an NPC card, pay your entry fee, and buy a pair of posing trunks. Until the NPC actually sets up some sort of standard, some sort of regulation for body composition such as bodyfat percentage, or at least something, idiots like these will continue to trash the stage at small local shows. Its unfortunate for the sport, but great for the NPC because of the $$$$$ and thats the bottom line for any organization.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel495 View Post
    the sad thing is they are handing out trophies to the outta shape guys because there's only 3 competitors in that class

Yep, exactly. Thats what kinda cheapens the whole thing for me when i go to watch these smaller shows. Speaking of which im expediting a local show next weekend, and since its a newer show with a new promotor, im expecting a less than steller turn out lol.

NOVICE

not just local shows, at some national show i see guys with 10-12% bf walk on the stage..WTF??? if u r not under 4% stay home...

RX MEMBER

Even worse, if there are only two in a class & it's a qualifier, the second one gets national qualification no matter what condition is brought to the stage. But them's the breaks.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

i agree jeff. as a fellow judge i dont get it either..LOL on the belly button~
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

Jeff,

Completely agree. I do give the masters a little more slack though in this regard, I have helped prepped a few guys 50+ and older who were natural, and Ive had them lose 30+ pounds (which is spectacular), but the testosterone is just not there anymore with some of them to have that shredded look on some of them. So in that case I can appreciate the hard work and determination to get up there at that age and accomplish something they have always wanted to do, but maybe family obligations prevented them in their earlier years. And I dont want any masters being like wtf, etc., because shit at the NKY this year the dude who was 50+ would have won the whole show had he crossed over so Im well aware some get NASTY.

Funny story Jeff. I was at the KY Bluegrass this past year with Jamin and a few others I had prepped (where Jamin won the most conditioned award btw, lol) and we had to take my son, he was 4 and a half at the time.

I try not to take him too much as Im not sure bodybuilding shows are that great for children, could cause complexes etc. Anyways, we were discussing a few guys that just didnt do their homework, and I was going on about his tan, and my son interrupts me and goes "Plus he is soft". We laughed for about 10 minutes. I guess he has heard me say this, because I certainly did NOT teach him that. It was the joke of the night.

Ss
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

I knew a guy who was a "trophy whore", had a whole room full of trophies. I never saw him in contest shape, but one time I went to a local show and there he was in the heavies. Came in 3rd out of 3 competitors and you konw what, got a trophy. He didn't diet or anything, was about 20% bf, I guess he would show up at venue with posing trunks and if there were only 2 competitors in the class and they were placing 3, jump in the show. Kind of sad, but I guess he had room full of trophies and can tell people he has been in many BB shows!

RX MEMBER

Talking

I guess that guy has something to sell on eBay next year.

RESURRECTED! AnglicanBeachParty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ob205 View Post
    I knew a guy who was a "trophy whore", had a whole room full of trophies. I never saw him in contest shape, but one time I went to a local show and there he was in the heavies. Came in 3rd out of 3 competitors and you konw what, got a trophy. He didn't diet or anything, was about 20% bf, I guess he would show up at venue with posing trunks and if there were only 2 competitors in the class and they were placing 3, jump in the show. Kind of sad, but I guess he had room full of trophies and can tell people he has been in many BB shows!
    Hey, man, quit telling my secrets!

Physique Critique Judge Quadsweep's Avatar

Heyyy I am in Masters! And if the Test levels are low in your clients I would suggest HRT. Still legal in tested shows as long as their levels are within range. And the story about your son is classic!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    Jeff,

Completely agree. I do give the masters a little more slack though in this regard, I have helped prepped a few guys 50+ and older who were natural, and Ive had them lose 30+ pounds (which is spectacular), but the testosterone is just not there anymore with some of them to have that shredded look on some of them. So in that case I can appreciate the hard work and determination to get up there at that age and accomplish something they have always wanted to do, but maybe family obligations prevented them in their earlier years. And I dont want any masters being like wtf, etc., because shit at the NKY this year the dude who was 50+ would have won the whole show had he crossed over so Im well aware some get NASTY.

Funny story Jeff. I was at the KY Bluegrass this past year with Jamin and a few others I had prepped (where Jamin won the most conditioned award btw, lol) and we had to take my son, he was 4 and a half at the time.

I try not to take him too much as Im not sure bodybuilding shows are that great for children, could cause complexes etc. Anyways, we were discussing a few guys that just didnt do their homework, and I was going on about his tan, and my son interrupts me and goes "Plus he is soft". We laughed for about 10 minutes. I guess he has heard me say this, because I certainly did NOT teach him that. It was the joke of the night.

Ss
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com Sponsored Athlete!

Physique Critique Judge Quadsweep's Avatar

Awesome story about your son!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    Jeff,

Ss
    www.needtobuildmuscle.com Sponsored Athlete!

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

I competed in one show and came in second if though I was one of the smallest in the class. I was probably the leanest though.

Anyway, the guy that was the biggest and had the most muscle, finished dead last. Man was he pissed. Stormed off the stage. Heck it was just a novice division too.
    Fact is, he was just plain fat.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quadsweep View Post
    Heyyy I am in Masters! And if the Test levels are low in your clients I would suggest HRT. Still legal in tested shows as long as their levels are within range. And the story about your son is classic!

Jeff
    Yep I do recommend it all the time, but not all of them want to go that route. Like I said it was no knock at all.

You and I both saw that dude that had no skin at the Northern kentucky. He was 50 something and unreal.

Ss
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast