Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Nonischemic Cardiomyopathy - that is what I have...

well guys, I hate to say this, but my competive bodybuilding days are coming to an end...

I went into the E.R. last friday morning because I felt like a had a bad ulcer (which I do have to)...The pain was horriable, I couldnt eat or drink anything without pain....When I went into the E.R. they started to test me for some other things....EKG, eckogram, angiogram...and they found out my left ventracal is only functioning at 20% (normal is 50 to 55%) so its functioning at less than half...My walls of my heart have double in size (its 1.8ml thick, normal is 1ml) So with thicker walls, my heart has a hard time keeping up...Today im getting a life vest, that is kinda like a pacemaker...The doctors are very confident I can get threw this, and get my heart funcitioning close to normal in the next 3-6 months....

But in the long run my competive bodybuilding days are over...I will be able to train, and do HRT/TRT but I can never do the things I need to do to compete at a high level....

The doctors said I was pretty lucky, if it wasnt for the ulcer, I wouldve never came in...he said if I woudve continue doing the things I do I couldve killed myself with in a couple more years

Consider yourself lucky, dude, for catching this before more damage was done. I know it sucks to stop bodybuilding, but your health is the most important thing right now. Training will be different, but you have the knowledge from bodybuilding to make the transition to a health-conscious lifestyle alot easier.

Wow bro... sorry to hear this...but where one door closes another one opens!! Health comes first and foremost, and if the docs are confident your heart will go back to normal..that ulcer will be like a blessing in disguise...keep your head up bro

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
    well guys, I hate to say this, but my competive bodybuilding days are coming to an end...

I went into the E.R. last friday morning because I felt like a had a bad ulcer (which I do have to)...The pain was horriable, I couldnt eat or drink anything without pain....When I went into the E.R. they started to test me for some other things....EKG, eckogram, angiogram...and they found out my left ventracal is only functioning at 20% (normal is 50 to 55%) so its functioning at less than half...My walls of my heart have double in size (its 1.8ml thick, normal is 1ml) So with thicker walls, my heart has a hard time keeping up...Today im getting a life vest, that is kinda like a pacemaker...The doctors are very confident I can get threw this, and get my heart funcitioning close to normal in the next 3-6 months....

But in the long run my competive bodybuilding days are over...I will be able to train, and do HRT/TRT but I can never* do the things I need* to do to compete at a high level....

The doctors said I was pretty lucky, if it wasnt for the ulcer, I wouldve never came in...he said if I woudve continue doing the things I do I couldve killed* myself with in a couple* more years
    /

VERY sad.

But needless to say, we didnt need another (competitive ) bb er, dying from roid damage. The list is getting VERY ! long as it is.

Kind Regards.

GYM RAT

now i`m not saying ignore them, but perhaps you should get the opinion of a good doctor who is also a competitive athlete (or whatever) he would know your problem that you dont want to stop bodybuilding but you also dont want any future problems so he could give you the best information on how to procede with your life at this point.
    An average never-been-competitive-at-anything-physical doctor will just say, no, stop, maybe the other guy will tell you, look i know your love to train bla bla la i know how it feels..so these are the things to look out for. come in every so often to check, take a break every so often bla bla bla... you know what i mean?

If you check the video optimum nutrition put out on true strength and how the docs told Kris Dim never to train again and he found a doc who was more on his level and knew his predicament and how he felt about stopping bodybuilding.. you`ll know what i`m trying to tell you.

he might just tell you the same thing who knows..

www.symiphotography.com Jeffsygo's Avatar

Chris,

I know this seems like the end of everything, but in the scope of things you have the rest of your life to do other things. I'm glad you caught it now before it was to late. Take care of yourself and stay in touch man.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    now i`m not saying ignore them, but perhaps you should get the opinion of a good doctor who is also a competitive athlete (or whatever) he would know your problem that you dont want to stop bodybuilding but you also dont want any future problems so he could give you the best information on how to procede with your life at this point.
    An average never-been-competitive-at-anything-physical doctor will just say, no, stop, maybe the other guy will tell you, look i know your love to train bla bla la i know how it feels..so these are the things to look out for. come in every so often to check, take a break every so often bla bla bla... you know what i mean?

If you check the video optimum nutrition put out on true strength and how the docs told Kris Dim never to train again and he found a doc who was more on his level and knew his predicament and how he felt about stopping bodybuilding.. you`ll know what i`m trying to tell you.
    /

WOW.

I knew that someone would mention Kris Dim as " a good example ", but not that it would come up so quick.

With NO ! intention of showing the treadstarter here disrespect ( since I know its simply horrendeus, to have to cut back from the sport we love so much ), all I can say about Kris is that its one of the most tragic cases of retardness I have ever seen in this sport. He was EXtremely ! close to death, and if he dies later on, after choosing the path he has done, then I have MAJOR issues feeling for the man.

Enough is enough.

Chris, I'm glad to hear that you are doing ok now. I confess I overheard the competitor you were prepping for the midwest show talking about how you were in the hospital but still were working on his diet for the final days up to the show. Talk about dedication! I hope everything turns around. Above all else, stay healthy.

If you don't mind sharing, or think it would be helpful to others here, can you say what the doc specifically believed led to the problem over the long term?

Thanks,

Jacob

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by PSARG View Post
    /

VERY sad.

But needless to say, we didnt need another (competitive ) bb er, dying from roid damage. The list is getting VERY ! long as it is.

Kind Regards.
    How in the world did you find any part of his statement to have direct affliation with "roid rage"?
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolic fyre View Post
    God damn that is insane, how the fuck can you handle that raw. Beastttt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    How in the world did you find any part of his statement to have direct affliation with "roid rage"?
    /

*edit.

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by PSARG View Post
    /

WOW.

I knew that someone would mention Kris Dim as " a good example ", but not that it would come up so quick.

With NO ! intention of showing the treadstarter here disrespect ( since I know its simply horrendeus, to have to cut back from the sport we love so much ), all I can say about Kris is that its one of the most tragic cases of retardness I have ever seen in this sport. He was EXtremely ! close to death, and if he dies later on, after choosing the path he has done, then I have MAJOR issues feeling for the man.

Enough is enough.
    How is it retarded if Kris can continue what he is doing? I`m guessing that as he said in the video hes taking extra precautions so he can see immediately if anything changes. And how do you know exactly what Kris had, how he got it and what was done to fix the problem. Maybe now that he has had the surgery hes ok again but has to obviously be more careful this time around.
    Maybe this guy can continue bodybuilding just not at the levels he currently is or that he was hoping to compete at. Or after hes taken the time off to make the situation better he can return and compete at a lower natural level.

Dont start shooting from the hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    he said roid damage not roid rage

Banned

**How is it retarded if Kris can continue what he is doing**? I`m guessing that as he said in the video hes taking extra precautions so he can see immediately if anything changes. And how do you know exactly what Kris had, how he got it and what was done to fix the problem. Maybe now that he has had the surgery hes ok again but has to obviously be more careful this time around.
    Maybe this guy can continue bodybuilding just not at the levels he currently is or that he was hoping to compete at. Or after hes taken the time off to make the situation better he can return and compete at a lower natural level.

/

** ** Sleep on it man. Sleep on it.

Sorry to hear this Chris, bodybuilding is not worth it, we all love the sport for what it has to offer but it's not worth risking you life over. Get healthy and live a long, happy life!

Banned

How is it retarded if Kris can continue what he is doing? I`m guessing that as he said in the video hes taking extra precautions so he can see immediately if anything changes. And how do you know exactly what Kris had, how he got it and what was done to fix the problem. Maybe now that he has had the surgery hes ok again but has to obviously be more careful this time around.

/

/

I have seen these stories ( and yes many CLOSE up to ), for ca 30 years....all to many end up in a coffin, from your kind of reasoning/actively searching alternate ways/excuses to be able and keep roiding.

You might as well bet your life on Russian Rolette.

But thats obviouslly the way some choose to live.

I wish them luck.

And wont comment this thread any more.

Chris sorry to hear that! I wish you the best and a speedy recovery. I've had plenty of injuries that have caused me to take time off from the gym, and while i didnt go through anything NEAR this life changing, you may find that you enjoy just training for yourself MUCH more enjoyable. Think about it. Gone are the stresses of contest diets, 2 a days with cardio, spending no time with family and friends.
    No matter what you decide, I hope it all works out for you man!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast