Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mobster View Post
    The knowledge sharing was, as above, just one aspect. What about others?
    Well I train in a gym that supports competitive bodybuilding,I did attend shows at various occasions.

I make sure to cheer someone up by giving compliments for their efforts in the gym if he/or she feeling beat up from all the dieting for a show.

I helped various people with setting up diets,and training stuff.
    (only when they ask for it)

I do buy a bb mag on occasion..

IFBB PRO BODYBUILDER & National Champ Powerlifter fitbody's Avatar

so being the site brat count as a service ?

fire away i can take it...
    Attached Images Attached Images

GYM RAT

In light of yet another downer type thread LINK where it seems merely being able to sign on to a forum means the site owners owe you something (I'm exaggerating a little as at least the OP went to a show) I'm stirred enough to ask a question or two.

On many bodybuilding forums we see what some might generously call 'constructive criticism' but which really amount to 100lb dripping wet bitches saying the sport owes them something because they are (in a much abused word) 'fans'. But how many of these fans do the following:

1. Actually attend events - expos, competitions, lift offs/challenges and the like?
    2. Support buddies who compete? I know not everyone will end up in their trunks on stage but what about throwing down some bucks to help out buddies who do?
    3. Train, coach, teach? Are you a gym instructor? Do you pass on your knowledge in ANY way. Have you offered to write an article for a site, forum, magazine?
    4. Buy magazines, books and videos/dvds? Note BUY not illegally download or upload what you did buy so others can see it for free thus robbing the originator of his or her living.

We know, because it's easy enough to find out, that some forums like RX etc have many hundreds and some tens of hundreds of thousands of members. It's a job of a few seconds to sign up and become a member. But is that the limit of your contribution to the sport? Does the world owe you something for that? Or do you bring something, as it were, to the table? If you, as many do, profess of a love for all things Iron (the whole range of lifting and building) then how come you're not adding to it? I don't mean fooling around by posting bitching posts, ones in which you do more to build your rep count and become the best at 'dissing' but ones in which you seek to spread the word about how fucking great it is to be able to work out.

If 10% of RX's members posted something today that added to the sport in some way it would be the best day RX's forum ever had.

What are you going to contribute?
    Great Fucking Post!

Every year for the last 7 years i drive to vegas for Mr,O with the wife and go to the meet and greet, press con and expo.

I work as trainer and nutrition consultant I have a fitness blog and a youtube channel that I have been putting together that deals with health and fitness and getting ready to start a podcast soon as well?

I buy MD,FLEX,Musclemag,Reps, Oxygen and fitnessRX for women (for the wife)

Also I make it a point to support some of our sponsors ALRI, SPEICES and BSN.

One last thing also myself I have decide to stop fucking around with my bodybuilding and plan on doing a contest sadly i think i need to enter as a masters 40 this year

I don't believe in support lift off competitions. They're bullshit.

In light of yet another downer type thread LINK where it seems merely being able to sign on to a forum means the site owners owe you something (I'm exaggerating a little as at least the OP went to a show) I'm stirred enough to ask a question or two.

On many bodybuilding forums we see what some might generously call 'constructive criticism' but which really amount to 100lb dripping wet bitches saying the sport owes them something because they are (in a much abused word) 'fans'. But how many of these fans do the following:

1. Actually attend events - expos, competitions, lift offs/challenges and the like?
    2. Support buddies who compete? I know not everyone will end up in their trunks on stage but what about throwing down some bucks to help out buddies who do?
    3. Train, coach, teach? Are you a gym instructor? Do you pass on your knowledge in ANY way. Have you offered to write an article for a site, forum, magazine?
    4. Buy magazines, books and videos/dvds? Note BUY not illegally download or upload what you did buy so others can see it for free thus robbing the originator of his or her living.

We know, because it's easy enough to find out, that some forums like RX etc have many hundreds and some tens of hundreds of thousands of members. It's a job of a few seconds to sign up and become a member. But is that the limit of your contribution to the sport? Does the world owe you something for that? Or do you bring something, as it were, to the table? If you, as many do, profess of a love for all things Iron (the whole range of lifting and building) then how come you're not adding to it? I don't mean fooling around by posting bitching posts, ones in which you do more to build your rep count and become the best at 'dissing' but ones in which you seek to spread the word about how fucking great it is to be able to work out.

If 10% of RX's members posted something today that added to the sport in some way it would be the best day RX's forum ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTree View Post
    I don't believe in support lift off competitions. They're bullshit.
    Like one of the replies above. So what else? When I made my list it included other options. It still does. I'll assume, in your case, the sig line you have is a good indicator.
    06, 08, 09 and now 2010 British (4x) and 2008/2010 European Grip Champion (2x)

BARBARIAN BROTHER MusclesMarinara's Avatar

1. I attend most of the local and some big NY shows around (hopefully will get to NY Pro this year, fingers crossed)

2. Ive been to every show my best friend has competed in, making the trip to collegiate nationals with him in july as well as some other gym buddies shows.

3. I in no way consider myself an expert or anything close to it, but i do try to help people WHO ASK with their form or their training/dieting. Im not a fan of those guys in the gym who throw their advice on people.

4. Yeah i buy the random magazine ever so often if something catches my eye and i have a decent collection of bodybuilding dvds.

So i guess in ways I do all of the above, but I'd love to become more informed about the sport, especially nutrition and become certified eventually.

I have been thinking i should participate more i read a lot don't post as much

I try to go to local shows not as much as i would like only so much $ to go around

Definitely support my friends who compete or just train

Keep a journal here so people can see my training and progress pics on and off season

Try to offer advice on weight loss since that is how i got my start and also on building muscle

I rarely will offer suggestion at the gym unless asked but a couple young guys were doing squats so badly that i did have Chase go over and offer constructive criticism so they would not get hurt

I designed and update my trainers website and his FB page

Buy mags

due to the strict regimine of dieting and training for a show i promised my wife i would take 2010 off from competing. however, i am prepping 3 guys for thier first bodybuilding show and actually training with one of them 4 times per week.

each of these men have completly changed thier lives forever. lower bodyfat, lower cholestrol, lower blood presure and tons of confidence.

i share my knowledge with those that need / appreciate it and support all that compete.

I am a Personal Trainer trying to better peoples lives through exercise as well teaching them about PROPER diet and Nutrition. Clients range from bodybuilders to old folks just trying to stay healthy. I am going to attempt to do my 1st show come October at the ripe old age of 38. Which is more for personal gratification than anything else.

E) All of the above.

1. Actually attend events - expos, competitions, lift offs/challenges and the like? Very Rarely.
    2. Support buddies who compete? I know not everyone will end up in their trunks on stage but what about throwing down some bucks to help out buddies who do? Nope no bucks from me.
    3. Train, coach, teach? Are you a gym instructor? Do you pass on your knowledge in ANY way. Have you offered to write an article for a site, forum, magazine? If they ask me in a genuine and mature way i do.
    4. Buy magazines, books and videos/dvds? Note BUY not illegally download or upload what you did buy so others can see it for free thus robbing the originator of his or her living. No fucking way i'd buy any this.

I guess i suck as a fan lol.

Banned

1. Support buddies who compete? I know not everyone will end up in their trunks on stage but what about throwing down some bucks to help out buddies who do? Yes, as a matter of fact. Its not something I set out to do, but when the opportunity presents itself I do as much as I can. And that goes for both forum members and physical friends that I have in real life.

2 .Train, coach, teach? Are you a gym instructor? Do you pass on your knowledge in ANY way. Have you offered to write an article for a site, forum, magazine? Yes again. I am a personal trainer ( I train both at a gym and online to a select few). I coach and teach boxing at my gym as well, running up to six classes a week.

3. Buy magazines, books and videos/dvds? Note BUY not illegally download or upload what you did buy so others can see it for free thus robbing the originator of his or her living. Magazines? Hell No, lol. Books? All the time. I read on and about everthing related to the sports I love and cross over to. When I do have the time that is. I dont really have a lot of time because I am always on call for my gym owner and often times I both close and open, which really messes with my sleep patterns. But I would not be here without him, so...but that is neither here nor there.

Unfortunately I only buy used books and videos. Im not in this to get rich (although I would not turn it down if it came honorably) so I dont spend a lot of money on new merchandize because my income is not where I can support the huge amounts of these types of things that I do buy.

It's a job of a few seconds to sign up and become a member. But is that the limit of your contribution to the sport? Does the world owe you something for that? Or do you bring something, as it were, to the table? I have never felt that this sport or board owed me anything. Never.

If you, as many do, profess of a love for all things Iron (the whole range of lifting and building) then how come you're not adding to it? Im going to answer this because I dont do as much as most people. I dont think so, anyways. And what I do I certainly dont do it for recognition. Never have, never will. I come to this forum to relax, to have fun and to read funny posts and threads that make me laugh. I dont feel this sport and or board owes me anything, but neither do I feel I owe it anything. What I do is because I want to, nothing more, nothing less.

ARNOLD LIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
    Keep a journal here so people can see my training and progress pics on and off season

Try to offer advice on weight loss since that is how i got my start and also on building muscle
    These two things might be simple....but they are huge and a great contribution to this site and to the sport. They are POSITIVE and thats what matters most.

Banned

i post on internet bodybuilding forums.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast