Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HeavyIrons PCT

Default HeavyIrons PCT

Seems like the Pct question comes up a lot here so heres heavyirons PCT. So hopefully this thread helps this question from being asked 15 times a day lol..

Post Cycle therapy

I strongly believe that an AI should be used as long as there is an aromatizing compound being administered. In this case Testosterone and HCG aromatize therefore using an AI until these meds clear and a few weeks longer is what I am recommending. There is some evidence that adding Nolva to an AI does not increase the effectiveness of estro control therefore Nolva has no real advantage alongside an AI unless one is experiencing gyno. Additionally Nolva has been shown to reduce IGF-1 and GH levels when used alone. This is not a big deal on cycle as testosterone increases IGF-1 in a dose dependant relationship. However off cycle this is a problem. PCT is a fragile time and lower IGF-1 and GH levels is not desirable. I am recommending an AI that is specific to men that can be used on cycle and during PCT. It is my conclusion that Aromasin is the obvious choice.

I recommend the following PCT protocol for esters like Cypionate and Enanthate;

Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day. (You may use less HCG if your testes are normal in size AND you have been using HCG on cycle, i.e. 1,000iu HCG eod.)

100/100/100/50 Clomid (50mg taken twice per day weeks 1-3)

20mg/20mg/20mg/10mg Aromasin (20mg daily for 3 weeks, 10mg daily in week 4)

3g Vit C every day split in 3 doses

10g creatine daily

The HCG is administered BEFORE the ester clears to increase the mass of the testes and bring back ITT levels. This will allow the testes to sustain output of testosterone sooner.

Clomid is universally accepted as THE testosterone recovery tool. It blocks estrogen from the HPTA and stimulates the production of GNRH then initiates the production of LH, which in turn signals the testis (if not atrophied) to produce testosterone.

Aromasin or a similar aromatase inhibitor is for testosterone recovery and it is used to keep the testosterone/estrogen balance in favor of testosterone. It is also helps to keep any additionally occurring estrogen from HCG low to none.

Cortisol is catabolic. It is the enemy of all anabolism and must be kept in check. While it is blocked when under the influence of AAS, it is free to attach to the Anabolic Receptors (AR) once the steroids leave. Due to this blockage Cortisol tends to accumulate and increase when on. A low level is desirable however since it is important for other vital functions such as control of inflammation. Balance is the key. Vitimin C keeps the exercise induced rise of Cortisol in check.

The use of Creatine has shown to increase ATP metabolism and cellular water storage among many other things. This is beneficial because it provides for heightened nutrient storage and a slight increase in anabolism as well as workout stamina.

References

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men;

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males

Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression

Use of clomiphene citrate to reverse premature andropause secondary to steroid abuse.

Changes in the Endocrinological Milieu After Clomiphene Citrate Treatment for Oligozoospermia: The Clinical Significance of the Estradiol/Testosterone Ratio as a Prognostic Value

Special thanks to those men and women who have influnced my thinking over the years in regards to aas use. In particular I would like to thank Ulter from AFBOARD, Dr Pangloss, Sassy69 and Warrior.

Written by heavyiron

looks good, I dont like using clomid though. mess with my eyes and I get paranoid of going blind.

Banned

good resource. Heavy is always on point

GYM RAT

what about pct timing? meaning should u take one thing at a certain time?

Concilliator has this to add to the PCT description;

Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post

Anti-Glucocorticoid Effect
    Cortisol is one of the body's most catabolic hormones. It produces an effect opposite to testosterone, sending a signal to muscle cells to break down and release stored protein. Cortisol works by binding to and activating the glucocorticoid receptor. Activation of this receptor by cortisol or other glucocorticoids like prednisone leads to loss of muscle protein. An important property of androgens (like testosterone or trenbolone) is that they tend to be drawn to the glucocorticoid receptor where they bind to it. But instead of activating it, they simply sit there and occupy it (as an antagonist). In doing so, they block cortisol, which has an anti-catabolic effect. It's similar to the way in which nolva blocks the estrogen receptor. So when it comes to anabolic steroids, in addition to an anabolic effect from binding to and activating the androgen receptor, they also have an anti-catabolic effect from binding to and blocking the glucocorticoid receptor. This anti-catabolic effect is considered to be one the most important indirect mechanisms by which androgens increase muscle mass.

All posts are for entertainment and may contain fiction. Consult a doctor before using any medications. heavyiron does not advocate readers engage in any illegal activity.

Very Aggressive PCT but those are the perfect drugs to use indeed

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
    Very Aggressive PCT but those are the perfect drugs to use indeed
    wat exactly do u find aggressive?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by heavyiron View Post
    Concilliator has this to add to the PCT description;
    This is definately correct. I agree with conciliator on this, but would not recommend Tren as an option towards the end, mainly due to it's effects at severely suppressing the HPGA, as is the case with most progestins.

A better alternative is to run fluoxymesterone at the end of a cycle along with test, before starting PCT. Fluoxymesterone is the most potent Anti-glucocorticoid, by far. Also, running arginine with the vitamin C will help, as arginine has some Anti-gluco properties as well.

Big Cat has recommended this for a few years now. I'll see if I can find some of his writings on the matter, although he is against using AI's.

Edit: here is a thread by BC on the anti-gluco matter: http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...glucocorticoid

BMJ

Is the vitamin C being used to counteract the increased cortisol levels?

PENCILNECK

clomid makes me depressed,good thread.

How about if your naturally prone to depression, can toremfine or nolvadex be substituted for clomid? I know DP and HI aren't big fans of nolva for guys, but how about torem if you're want to avoid the anxiety side effect?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post
    Is the vitamin C being used to counteract the increased cortisol levels?

The Vitamin C is there for a bunch of reasons.... muscle retention, immune system support, energy and anti-cortisol as well.

How soon after you last Test pin do you start this protocol?

NOVICE

Quote Originally Posted by LookinFit75 View Post
    How soon after you last Test pin do you start this protocol?

You would start the HCG last week of test, wait about 2 weeks to start the SERM after the last shot of Test and make sure you stop the hcg 2 weeks before finishing your SERM.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetLean View Post
    Seems like the Pct question comes up a lot here so heres heavyirons PCT. So hopefully this thread helps this question from being asked 15 times a day lol..

Post Cycle therapy

I strongly believe that an AI should be used as long as there is an aromatizing compound being administered. In this case Testosterone and HCG aromatize therefore using an AI until these meds clear and a few weeks longer is what I am recommending. There is some evidence that adding Nolva to an AI does not increase the effectiveness of estro control therefore Nolva has no real advantage alongside an AI unless one is experiencing gyno. Additionally Nolva has been shown to reduce IGF-1 and GH levels when used alone. This is not a big deal on cycle as testosterone increases IGF-1 in a dose dependant relationship. However off cycle this is a problem. PCT is a fragile time and lower IGF-1 and GH levels is not desirable. I am recommending an AI that is specific to men that can be used on cycle and during PCT. It is my conclusion that Aromasin is the obvious choice.

I recommend the following PCT protocol for esters like Cypionate and Enanthate;

Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day. (You may use less HCG if your testes are normal in size AND you have been using HCG on cycle, i.e. 1,000iu HCG eod.)

100/100/100/50 Clomid (50mg taken twice per day weeks 1-3)

20mg/20mg/20mg/10mg Aromasin (20mg daily for 3 weeks, 10mg daily in week 4)

3g Vit C every day split in 3 doses

10g creatine daily

The HCG is administered BEFORE the ester clears to increase the mass of the testes and bring back ITT levels. This will allow the testes to sustain output of testosterone sooner.

Clomid is universally accepted as THE testosterone recovery tool. It blocks estrogen from the HPTA and stimulates the production of GNRH then initiates the production of LH, which in turn signals the testis (if not atrophied) to produce testosterone.

Aromasin or a similar aromatase inhibitor is for testosterone recovery and it is used to keep the testosterone/estrogen balance in favor of testosterone. It is also helps to keep any additionally occurring estrogen from HCG low to none.

Cortisol is catabolic. It is the enemy of all anabolism and must be kept in check. While it is blocked when under the influence of AAS, it is free to attach to the Anabolic Receptors (AR) once the steroids leave. Due to this blockage Cortisol tends to accumulate and increase when on. A low level is desirable however since it is important for other vital functions such as control of inflammation. Balance is the key. Vitimin C keeps the exercise induced rise of Cortisol in check.

The use of Creatine has shown to increase ATP metabolism and cellular water storage among many other things. This is beneficial because it provides for heightened nutrient storage and a slight increase in anabolism as well as workout stamina.

References

Testosterone dose-response relationships in healthy young men;

Pharmacokinetics and Dose Finding of a Potent Aromatase Inhibitor, Aromasin (Exemestane), in Young Males

Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression

Use of clomiphene citrate to reverse premature andropause secondary to steroid abuse.

Changes in the Endocrinological Milieu After Clomiphene Citrate Treatment for Oligozoospermia: The Clinical Significance of the Estradiol/Testosterone Ratio as a Prognostic Value

Special thanks to those men and women who have influnced my thinking over the years in regards to aas use. In particular I would like to thank Ulter from AFBOARD, Dr Pangloss, Sassy69 and Warrior.

Written by heavyiron
    thats right on the money

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast