Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Federal Reserve should be audited, they are stealing our money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ypmm5 View Post
    Youngguns,
    Why do you come that conclusion?
    I am not an expert in keto diets but are you staying that not everyone can go into ketosis???
    I'm not trying to discourage you, it could be great for your body, but not everyone fares well with it. Some people just do better on carb diets.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by jak24lp View Post
    Yes I'm on the ON 100% whey protein. It's 3 carbs per serving. I'll switch my pb and we will see how I feel. I do feel a lot better after drinking a diet coke. Once I'm done with this tub of ON i'LL switch to isopure to drop my carbs even lower.
    I recommend Dymatize. Not only does it taste better than Isopure and it is also 0 carbs, it is a little bit thicker. Isopure is so watery.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    I'm not trying to discourage you, it could be great for your body, but not everyone fares well with it. Some people just do better on carb diets.
    Understand and I agree.
    Once Dave answers his concern, he can then decide on whether to stay or go a cyclic carb diet.

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

When I first put friends on a Keto diet, I tell them to cut back on the training and not to do any cardio at all. We don't add cardio untill the fat loss slows down.
    Also I'm no expert,but you can take in more protein and fat than recommended in Dave's diet.
    The xtra calories and especially fat will give you more energy.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    When I first put friends on a Keto diet, I tell them to cut back on the training and not to do any cardio at all. We don't add cardio untill the fat loss slows down.
    Also I'm no expert,but you can take in more protein and fat than recommended in Dave's diet.
    The xtra calories and especially fat will give you more energy.
    I agree 100% for the fats. But sometimes there is no need to stress you kidneys more than they have too with more protein if you have sufficient. I really believe protein should be more towards lean body mass. Because if some one is 250 and at 30% bf, 200 grams of protein is sufficient unless if you are on gear then you need some more protein.

I remember reading a post on Dr. Michael Eades blog about people on low carb diets getting a false positive on the alcohol breathalyzer, someone asked him how to avoid this and he said a small mint is more than enough to get you out of ketosis!

The amount of sugar in your entire blood volume is no more than 3-8 grams or so, a teaspoon of sugar.

Found it:

"Or if you’re really worried about it, drink a little glass of orange juice or throw back a couple of mints or other small candy before you drive. As most people who have tried to keep the Ketostix purple know, it doesn’t take much carb to stop ketosis in its tracks."

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/u...-breathalyzer/

If you're gonna do a low carb diet, do a zero carb diet, if you're gonna eat carbs, eat a shit load of them, no compromise, no middle ground, fuck the middle, take everything to the EXTREME, be a man.

Quote Originally Posted by •P®øD¶G¥• View Post
    I remember reading a post on Dr. Michael Eades blog about people on low carb diets getting a false positive on the alcohol breathalyzer, someone asked him how to avoid this and he said a small mint is more than enough to get you out of ketosis!

The amount of sugar in your entire blood volume is no more than 3-8 grams or so, a teaspoon of sugar.

Found it:

"Or if you’re really worried about it, drink a little glass of orange juice or throw back a couple of mints or other small candy before you drive. As most people who have tried to keep the Ketostix purple know, it doesn’t take much carb to stop ketosis in its tracks."

If you're gonna do a low carb diet, do a zero carb diet, if you're gonna eat carbs, eat a shit load of them, no compromise, no middle ground, fuck the middle, take everything to the EXTREME, be a man.
    this is probably the worst advice iv'e ever seen in my life lmao.. "If you're gonna do a low carb diet, do a zero carb diet, if you're gonna eat carbs, eat a shit load of them, no compromise, no middle ground, fuck the middle, take everything to the EXTREME, be a man" seriously wow bro lmao.. theres so much wrong in this advice i dont even know where to start.. So im not gonna start im just gonna put this smiley face shaking my head

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetLean View Post
    this is probably the worst advice iv'e ever seen in my life lmao.. "If you're gonna do a low carb diet, do a zero carb diet, if you're gonna eat carbs, eat a shit load of them, no compromise, no middle ground, fuck the middle, take everything to the EXTREME, be a man" seriously wow bro lmao.. theres so much wrong in this advice i dont even know where to start.. So im not gonna start im just gonna put this smiley face shaking my head
    A zero carb diet or a high carb diet is bad?

I'm on a zero carb diet for more than a year now, I've lost 30lbs on it, lifting the highest weights I ever have and feeling great, no ups and downs energy wise, haven't been sick once and I'm looking to drop another 20-25lbs.

And then on the other end, you have numerous pros, athletes, amatuers and average joes doing a high carb diet (it's the most common dietary composition I would think) high carb is 200-300g+ and it can be higher depending on caloric needs, you did a refeed with over 1000g of carbs right?

Here, I got a smiley for you too

MUSCLEHEAD

Yes I'm on the ON 100% whey protein. It's 3 carbs per serving. I'll switch my pb and we will see how I feel. I do feel a lot better after drinking a diet coke. Once I'm done with this tub of ON i'LL switch to isopure to drop my carbs even lower.
    ON doesn't have 100% isolate, it's mostly concentrate. they (along with dymatize) say isolate on the front but don't tell you it's a very small % of the overall protein content.

www.muscleandstrength.com, 10OFFSECONDORDER for 10% off. get Muscle Gauge Nutrition isolate, if you get more than 10lbs make sure you don't buy the 2x5lber deal because the coupon will not apply to "sales"

by far best protein i've used.

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ypmm5 View Post
    I agree 100% for the fats. But sometimes there is no need to stress you kidneys more than they have too with more protein if you have sufficient. I really believe protein should be more towards lean body mass. Because if some one is 250 and at 30% bf, 200 grams of protein is sufficient unless if you are on gear then you need some more protein.
    I won't argue here. I'm no expert. I just remember the first time I did this diet, I ran into Dave at the USA's. After hearing about how long and hard I work in the Vegas heat, he was the one that suggested bumping up both fat and protein.

I'm on a zero carb diet for more than a year now, and feeling great, no ups and downs energy wise, haven't been sick once
    :
    Same here. It's amazing how good I feel doing this.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

RX MEMBER

Found it:

Dave states ketostix are not reliable. Just follow his diet period if you plan on doing so. The only thing that should be modified is the fat and protein intake. Keep carbs under 50 grams.

NOVICE

Dave replied to my email with- diet looks perfect in about two weeks your energy levels should be back to normal.

RX MEMBER

Dave replied to my email with- diet looks perfect in about two weeks your energy levels should be back to normal.
    When Dave speak, you should listen.
    There you have it.
    Good luck.

I'm on a zero carb diet for more than a year now, I've lost 30lbs on it, lifting the highest weights I ever have and feeling great, no ups and downs energy wise, haven't been sick once and I'm looking to drop another 20-25lbs.

And then on the other end, you have numerous pros, athletes, amatuers and average joes doing a high carb diet (it's the most common dietary composition I would think) high carb is 200-300g+ and it can be higher depending on caloric needs, you did a refeed with over 1000g of carbs right?

Here, I got a smiley for you too
    Everyone responds differently. There is also nothing wrong with moderate carbs if it works for someone then what does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by gottabecool View Post
    Everyone responds differently. There is also nothing wrong with moderate carbs if it works for someone then what does it matter?
    Nothing, if it's healthy and it works for you, go for it, moderate carbs work fine and obviously, I was being sarcastic with the whole "to the extreme, be a man" way of wording it, even though both ends of the extreme have been shown to work.

And if he had pointed out why my advice is bad and started debating it scientifically, I wouldn't have responded like that.

But if you're gonna say my advice is "the worst in the world lmao" "seriously wow bro lmao" and other stupid shit without any purpose or value except to prove that you're a retard, then I'll respond like that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast