Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Update on my winny cycle...
    Now on a dose of 50mg E3D, from the start of the cycle I have had good strength gains and they are still coming.
    Being on pre-contest cutting diet has meant its harder to grow muscle, although I did gain 500 gms of muscle in the first 2 weeks, I then lost it due to my diet being too low. I have now gained the 500gms back and at this stage it looks like I will be gaining around 250gms a week while losing bodyfat. Definitely getting more muscle in areas I have always been low on - shoulders, biceps, back...
    Zero sides so far... although get a bit snappy and being a total bitch does seems to come easier, maybe its just that I can see idiots clearer... )

Good to hear! I guess, be aware of the bitchier moments - even if its not a biggie, just like its no one else's job to deal w/ us when we're getting bitchy on a low carb day, its good to be aware of when you're more likely to get set off and manage it.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by tankygirl View Post
    Update on my winny cycle...
    Now on a dose of 50mg E3D, from the start of the cycle I have had good strength gains and they are still coming.
    Being on pre-contest cutting diet has meant its harder to grow muscle, although I did gain 500 gms of muscle in the first 2 weeks, I then lost it due to my diet being too low. I have now gained the 500gms back and at this stage it looks like I will be gaining around 250gms a week while losing bodyfat. Definitely getting more muscle in areas I have always been low on - shoulders, biceps, back...
    Zero sides so far... although get a bit snappy and being a total bitch does seems to come easier, maybe its just that I can see idiots clearer... )
    Ok so my comp is this weekend and I never did manage to get hold of any Anivar, I am now tapering off the winny and have been on a tapered in dose of Arimidex for 4 weeks and start tapering off that tomorrow...
    Using Aldactone from tonight, I have used it before and overdosed it with flat results so sticking to instructions this time round. I am already a lot more cut than this time out of my previous comps

I have LOVED being on Winny and can't wait to do my next cycle!! (Although I do hope to eventually get hold of some Anavar for the next time round!) My body has changed shape and the contest prep has been one hell of a lot easier than ever before.

The A-Dex is great, it took away the bitchness I was struggling with and evened out the mood swings and calmed me down, I am going to try and find out about having this as a perscribed medication as it has made an amazing difference to my mood swings, cravings, hell everything!

As for muscle growth... On a pre-comp carb cycling (2 days no carbs 1 day loaded) diet I have gained just on 4kgs (8lbs) of muscle... I can't wait for next week so I can hit the weights with some carbs in me and grow some more!

Thanx everyone for all your advice and support.. you are an awesome group!!

Ok so my comp is this weekend and I never did manage to get hold of any Anivar, I am now tapering off the winny and have been on a tapered in dose of Arimidex for 4 weeks and start tapering off that tomorrow...
    Using Aldactone from tonight, I have used it before and overdosed it with flat results so sticking to instructions this time round. I am already a lot more cut than this time out of my previous comps

I have LOVED being on Winny and can't wait to do my next cycle!! (Although I do hope to eventually get hold of some Anavar for the next time round!) My body has changed shape and the contest prep has been one hell of a lot easier than ever before.

The A-Dex is great, it took away the bitchness I was struggling with and evened out the mood swings and calmed me down, I am going to try and find out about having this as a perscribed medication as it has made an amazing difference to my mood swings, cravings, hell everything!

As for muscle growth... On a pre-comp carb cycling (2 days no carbs 1 day loaded) diet I have gained just on 4kgs (8lbs) of muscle... I can't wait for next week so I can hit the weights with some carbs in me and grow some more!

Glad to hear you've had a good experience.

RE: adex prescribed - if you're already peri / menopausal, the major contributing factor to your naturally occurring estrogen is the aromatization of the adrenal androgens. You're not using any aromatizing exogenous testosterones so there is no additional contributing factor.

I want to see if musclemilf can take a peek at your experience w/ this. One thing about drawing conclusions about hormone manipulation is that you're still looking at the balance of all 3 of the basic hormones. Adex is a suicide aromatase inhibitor - I don't know that fully suppressing your remaining estrogen is a good thing. Extended use of adex very commonly produces dry and brittle-feeling joints. Adex is one of the prescriptions for post menopausal breast cancer patients. I don't know about non-breast cancer patients and the consequences of its use.
    Last edited by sassy69; 10-14-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

adex is a great tool...as a selective non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor...a 1mg tab can suppress up to 80% of E2 in studies on female patients...good thing about AI's is most test have been done on women...so there pretty accurate...adex is prescribed to pre-menupausal women w/ some E2 elevation if there is a history of breast cancer in the family...as Sassy stated you dont want to fully suppress your E2...so cycle BW would be very helpfull in gauging your AI needs...

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Good to hear! I guess, be aware of the bitchier moments - even if its not a biggie, just like its no one else's job to deal w/ us when we're getting bitchy on a low carb day, its good to be aware of when you're more likely to get set off and manage it.
    Very well said, male or female, it applies.

GYM RAT

Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt

Are you pre-peri-post menopausal? Have you had your estradiol and progesterone levels tested? Don't you have a thyroid issue that caused depression and tearfulness and you upped your thyroid med and felt way better (sorry, if this wasn't you).

Armidex suppresses estrogen made by the adrenals in post menopausal women. The adrenals become the source of estrogen after menopause. It's apparently useless on estrogen made from the ovaries. This is why it's often prescribed to post menopausal breast cancer patients. So depending on which side of the pre-post menopause fence you're on, Armidex may not be "working" and your mood lift maybe more of a placebo effect (that's not a bad thing either!) The right balance of your primary sex hormones is really what's important to your emotional well being. Trying to manipulate or stamp out what the body is designed to do for the long term is asking for other problems. I understand why it's used for the short term to achieve a goal tho.

Please keep us posted on your upcoming competition and of course your progress with future cycles.

[quote=musclemilf;1196712]Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt

Are you pre-peri-post menopausal? Have you had your estradiol and progesterone levels tested? Don't you have a thyroid issue that caused depression and tearfulness and you upped your thyroid med and felt way better (sorry, if this wasn't you).

Hi Musclemilf, I'm Pre-menopausal, or I was when I had my bloods done pre-cycle. Yep I am the one who has no thyroid and takes the meds for it, I dropped the dose back down as the ides from to heay a dose are worse than the dpression/tears.

Even though I have now used winny and A-dex I have a basic dislike of using meds to "adjust" normality anyway, I certainly don't want to be taking unrequired meds just to stop nature getting me lol Although that really is a huge contridiction considering one of the biggest bonus points I have found in doing this cycle is the younger,fresher, and more energy feelings!

[quote=tankygirl;1197399]
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemilf View Post
    Interesting. Just reading this winny/armidex combo thing made my joints hurt

Hi Musclemilf, I'm Pre-menopausal, or I was when I had my bloods done pre-cycle. Yep I am the one who has no thyroid and takes the meds for it, I dropped the dose back down as the ides from to heay a dose are worse than the dpression/tears.

Even though I have now used winny and A-dex I have a basic dislike of using meds to "adjust" normality anyway, I certainly don't want to be taking unrequired meds just to stop nature getting me lol Although that really is a huge contridiction considering one of the biggest bonus points I have found in doing this cycle is the younger,fresher, and more energy feelings!
    i would be curious to know what your E2 levels are w/out the adex..due to the fact that you dont have a functioning thyroid..what meds and doses are you taking for your lack of thyroid function??

[quote=s2h;1197524]
    i would be curious to know what your E2 levels are w/out the adex..due to the fact that you dont have a functioning thyroid..what meds and doses are you taking for your lack of thyroid function??
    I take Eutroxsig, 200micrograms of Thyroxine Sodium, 1 x daily. As for the E2 levels, I have the tests done pre-cycle but I'm buggered if zi can tell which one is the E2 results, they say the E2 test was completed but I have no idea what I am looking for

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234