Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by joe d View Post
    what ??? lol
    Other then hosting the ASC, he totally forgot about bodybuilding once he moved on the movies.

I think arnold just wanted to be the big man in town. During the 70's bodybuilding was in and arnold wanted to be the biggest and best... he became that. Next being the alpha male meant being the biggest movie star, mission accomplished. In todays day in age being the alpha male is having power and making importand decisions.... he became the govorner... I bet he wouldve ran for president if his parents were born in the USA just because he wanted to be the big man, not because he actually cared about world politics.

He doesnt care about the sport of bodybuilding, he doesnt care about the art of film, he doesnt care about politics, he just wanted to be the alpha male... thats the impression i get.

Enough hating. He had a great physique. Even though i dont think he has much love for bodybuilding, he put it on the map. He was my favorite action star and along with sylvester stalone, he was the reason i wanted to be big and muscular when i was a kid. He was my inspiration when i began bodybuilding 5 years ago. I watched pumping iron every day right before i went to workout. Even though he is one of the reasons why im struggling to pay for community college, i still appreciate the positive affects he has had on my life, from bodybuilding to movies. He is living the definition of the American Dream.

RX MEMBER Franz'Kaiser' Beckenbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dilatedmuscle View Post
    Other then hosting the ASC, he totally forgot about bodybuilding once he moved on the movies.

I think arnold just wanted to be the big man in town. During the 70's bodybuilding was in and arnold wanted to be the biggest and best... he became that. Next being the alpha male meant being the biggest movie star, mission accomplished. In todays day in age being the alpha male is having power and making importand decisions.... he became the govorner... I bet he wouldve ran for president if his parents were born in the USA just because he wanted to be the big man, not because he actually cared about world politics.

He doesnt care about the sport of bodybuilding, he doesnt care about the art of film, he doesnt care about politics, he just wanted to be the alpha male... thats the impression i get.

Enough hating. He had a great physique. Even though i dont think he has much love for bodybuilding, he put it on the map. He was my favorite action star and along with sylvester stalone, he was the reason i wanted to be big and muscular when i was a kid. He was my inspiration when i began bodybuilding 5 years ago. I watched pumping iron every day right before i went to workout. Even though he is one of the reasons why im struggling to pay for community college, i still appreciate the positive affects he has had on my life, from bodybuilding to movies. He is living the definition of the American Dream.
    come on bro he never said he was the messiah... other people put him on that pedestal. He is an inspiration, came from nothing in post World War 2 Austria which was a very depressed place at the time.

Comes to the U.S of A and fulfils every prophecy he's made. Bodybuilding killed it, Movies (20 mill a picture), Politics - runs the richest state in the USA. He can't be in 2 places at the same time. Married into the Kennedy dynasty whilst sticking to his convictions as a Republican ... ARNOLD IS NUMERO UNO

NUFF SAID

RX MEMBER

arnolds 1974 upper body still owns all current pros contest shape with all their drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Franz'Kaiser' Beckenbauer View Post
    come on bro he never said he was the messiah... other people put him on that pedestal. He is an inspiration, came from nothing in post World War 2 Austria which was a very depressed place at the time.

Comes to the U.S of A and fulfils every prophecy he's made. Bodybuilding killed it, Movies (20 mill a picture), Politics - runs the richest state in the USA. He can't be in 2 places at the same time. Married into the Kennedy dynasty whilst sticking to his convictions as a Republican ... ARNOLD IS NUMERO UNO

NUFF SAID
    Which is why i said he is living the American Dream...

Natural Mr. Olympia John Hansen's Avatar

Bodybuilding wasn't "in" during the '70's until Arnold made it hip. It was actually considered a weirdo sport on the same level as midget wrestling. When "Pumping Iron" came out, Arnold started promoting bodybuilding by appearing on TV talk shows and exploding all the myths that the general public had about bodybuilding. He was charming, intelligent, witty and he had a sense of humor. Bodybuilders were thought to be stupid, egotistical oddballs and Arnold was anything but that. However, he did use bodybuilding as a launching pad for everything else in his life (becoming a businessman, movie star and eventually a politician). If he could, he would DEFINITELY run for president. He likes being in the spotlight and being successful. He left bodybuilding at a very young age (28) to become a movie star. When he saw his movie star status dwindling, he made the move to an even more powerful and respected position, Governor of California. He is an amazing individual with his goal setting, his ambition and his drive.

PENCILNECK

love arnie he is the man....

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Natural_O View Post
    Bodybuilding wasn't "in" during the '70's until Arnold made it hip. It was actually considered a weirdo sport on the same level as midget wrestling. When "Pumping Iron" came out, Arnold started promoting bodybuilding by appearing on TV talk shows and exploding all the myths that the general public had about bodybuilding. He was charming, intelligent, witty and he had a sense of humor. Bodybuilders were thought to be stupid, egotistical oddballs and Arnold was anything but that. However, he did use bodybuilding as a launching pad for everything else in his life (becoming a businessman, movie star and eventually a politician). If he could, he would DEFINITELY run for president. He likes being in the spotlight and being successful. He left bodybuilding at a very young age (28) to become a movie star. When he saw his movie star status dwindling, he made the move to an even more powerful and respected position, Governor of California. He is an amazing individual with his goal setting, his ambition and his drive.
    THIS.

And Arnold might just yet run for president. There was an "Amend for Arnold" push going on at one time.

This is from 2004, but the idea is still being bounced around.

Should the Constitution be amended for Arnold?

By Martin Kasindorf, USA TODAY
    LOS ANGELES — Abolishing slavery. Giving women the vote. Establishing the income tax. Limiting presidents to two terms.

Through more than two centuries, it usually has taken a weighty cause to survive the burdensome process of amending the U.S. Constitution. Americans hold the work of the Founding Fathers in such reverence that they've added to it only 17 times since 1791. That's when the first 10 amendments were codified as the Bill of Rights.

Now, debate over a proposed 28th Amendment is focused on the popularity and political future of one man: macho Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger, the former bodybuilder and action-movie star who has been California's governor for barely a year.

With a bit of encouragement from the Terminator himself, some of Schwarzenegger's supporters are pushing for a constitutional amendment that would allow the Austrian-born governor to run for the White House as soon as 2008. Schwarzenegger is blocked by Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution. It reads, "No person except a natural born citizen ... shall be eligible to the office of president." The 12th Amendment says the vice president cannot be foreign-born.

Could America's infatuation with Schwarzenegger lead to passage of a constitutional amendment that would drop those bans — an idea that has died in Congress more than two dozen times since the 1870s?

More @ http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...mendment_x.htm

This from 2008:

The constitution was almost amended for Alexander Hamilton so he could run for President. He was born on the Virgin Island of St. Croix... had he not been shot and killed by Aaron Burr in a dual, the constitution would have been amended.

FACTOID: Alexander Hamilton is the last secretary of treasury to balance the national debt.

Best side boob ever...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDutyGuy View Post
    THIS is the way to hit it- big!
    Inspiration at its greatest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    The constitution was almost amended for Alexander Hamilton so he could run for President. He was born on the Virgin Island of St. Croix... had he not been shot and killed by Aaron Burr in a dual, the constitution would have been amended.

FACTOID: Alexander Hamilton is the last secretary of treasury to balance the national debt.

I wonder if Geithner could do this^^^^.

GYM RAT

nice chests!

RX MEMBER

have you seen the job hes doing in cali? and you want him to run the whole show?????

RX MEMBER

.. too bad he was a sellout...
    Seems like bodybuilding placed him up there but all of a sudden, he does not want to associate with it. That is fucked up.

I don't think he is a sell out. He does what he needs to do to be sucessful. He still supports the Arnold Classic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12