Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BIG AL WILLIAMS View Post
    2 pills destroyed my libido in record time!Novedex XT went to the top of my shit list fast.It took me about 2 weeks after cutting it from almost 3 weeks of use to go back to normal.
    Wow...I've never had an issue with it. It actually (in small amounts) enhanced mine.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty111 View Post
    Where's the warning that it may decrease your libido?

Why advertise the product as a libido enhancer when it has the exact opposite effect for many people?

Here are excerpts from advertising:

"It doesn't matter whether you're looking to increase the amount of IRON you raise in the gym or to increase the amount of WOOD you raise outside the gym, the most effective choice for either goal is Novedex XT™ by Gaspari Nutrition. Remember, most women just love a guy with rock hard muscles as well as a guy with a "rock hard love muscle" so why change it? Novdex XT™ is sure to deliver both each and every time. Avoid disappointment in the gym and in the bedroom with the only supplement that can insure both impressive types of results -- Novedex XT™."

"THE UNDISPUTED #1 TESTOSTERONE BOOSTING SUPPLEMENT AND #1 LIBIDO ENHANCER!"

It seems to me that one of the main focuses of the advertising is that is INCREASES LIBIDO. For most people, that simply is not true.

If someone suffered side effects which were not warned about on the label and were the opposite of what was advertised, I think I can help you.

Feel free to email me directly at [email protected].
    Here's a posting I made on bodybuilding.com yesterday which was promptly deleted. It seems to me that bodybuilding.com might have some involvement with this known problem of serious health issues from taking Novedex XT. Perhaps the FDA and FTC would be interested in the false claims made in the advertising of this product, and a distributor (bb.com), who is under fire by them is helping to hide the serious health issues. Bottom line is, consumers deserve to know the truth.

Anyway, here's the posting I made earlier:

It seems that quite a few people have experienced some unpleasant side effects from using Novedex XT by Gaspari. If you took this product and experienced unpleasant side effects (such as impotence, loss of libido, or other side effects) please contact me. I know a very experienced class action lawyer who might be able to help you. Feel free to contact me confidentially at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you further details.
    AVBG, tammyp, GX, or any of you mods should banned this troll(I smell gimmick) for solicing and bashing other company products like gaspari and possibly species.

Wow, so it works TOO good! I'm gonna Buy some!
    I liked over dosed.

PENCILNECK

I also had libido side effects from this product, For me that only meant it was working.

Banned

not the most tolerant bunch here today.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by TPT View Post
    not the most tolerant bunch here today.
    Off with his hair!
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolic fyre View Post
    God damn that is insane, how the fuck can you handle that raw. Beastttt

Actually the first time i took Novedex Xt I started waking up with morning wood and I told a gym buddy about it. It totally killed his libido so I guess it depends on the person. The originator of this post is crazy to think his cause for suit holds any validity. Gaspari products are good stuff and Novedex does what it claims. It seems to me he does not have experience in supplementation. We need a Will Brink Video on this!

NOVICE

I haven't ever noticed any lowered sex drive. I was wondering about what are the effects on IGF1? Anyone know of any?

Here's a posting I made on bodybuilding.com yesterday which was promptly deleted. It seems to me that bodybuilding.com might have some involvement with this known problem of serious health issues from taking Novedex XT. Perhaps the FDA and FTC would be interested in the false claims made in the advertising of this product, and a distributor (bb.com), who is under fire by them is helping to hide the serious health issues. Bottom line is, consumers deserve to know the truth.

Anyway, here's the posting I made earlier:

It seems that quite a few people have experienced some unpleasant side effects from using Novedex XT by Gaspari. If you took this product and experienced unpleasant side effects (such as impotence, loss of libido, or other side effects) please contact me. I know a very experienced class action lawyer who might be able to help you. Feel free to contact me confidentially at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you further details.
    I love the Gaspari Novedex in fact, GNC owes me a bottle at 1/2 price cause I wanted to buy 4 bottles last time I was there when they were doing a buy one get one 1/2 off. I've done at least 3 bottles of this stuff. No side effects. Maybe you were just having menstural cramps?

I didn't start banging random super models when I started using axe shower gel like the commercials showed...should I sue?

I'd say STFU and GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by gottabecool View Post
    i didn't start banging random super models when i started using axe shower gel like the commercials showed...should i sue?

I'd say stfu and gtfo
    good point!

Quote Originally Posted by gottabecool View Post
    I didn't start banging random super models when I started using axe shower gel like the commercials showed...should I sue?

I'd say STFU and GTFO

its funny you say this, because the first time i ran novedex, in the two month time span the bottle lasted me, i banged 5 NEW chicks. Fun times....
    Keep Ritch Banned. FOR-EVER.

Un-Ban SKELETOR though, yo.

Owner ALR Industries Author L. Rea's Avatar

qwerty111: ROFLMAO! Forgive me but I am guessing you have not posted on bodybuilding boards much based upon your comments and number of posts. In short you are likely a normal person> People on these boards (me included) are not normal. They are overachievers for the most part and most are hear for the fights more than the info, though RX tends to be less fights and more intellegent exchanges than say BB.com. Some in this threat I know and they are really good people. I would hang with them anytime. However, they will argue anything unless you are one of the bros/babes and have a long history of board society. Its not that your point is not a very valid one. It doesn't even matter that the studies the manufacturer uses for validation is 95% BS: No where in them did the subjects gain any lean mass, increase sex drive (which is a function of testosterone, estrogen, dopamine, acetyl-choline and some mental...but these chemicals ARE your mental stimuli...not devine intervention. lol) and one study was performed using castrated males as I recall. Think about it, some of the fellas don't even care about having a sex drive. Is that normal? Boards fry anyone who is an outsider and any company that does have board reps in with mods/owners that have threads deleted or can bang on you via a dozen fake names and IPs each until you give up or go away, or agree with them. Unless you simply join in a conversation without changing the subject. So if you are looking to get yours from someone in this industry there are two sides: Those who hold others responsible for their actions and those who defend them. Kinda sounds like court rooms, huh? lol But I doubt any will sue. there is a "rumor" that there is already a suit going on this I cannot confirm nor care. So if that truely is your goal you may want to look nto it. If not and you are just venting let it go. BTW, its not the low estrogen that causes the sex drive issues, its that ATD converts into an analog that is an anti-androgen thus triggers both sides of the HPTA to increase test production but less is able to enter ARs. Read some of the studies on pubmed.com. Doesn't really matter because its being taken off the market currently. Mention the word testosterone and some three letter group will want it banned or illegal.

Chris and Carson: Those are some serious avatars and comments. ROFL!

Its all dose dependant, 2 a night was great for me, i tried going up to 3, and it caused a loss, so I went back to 2 a night and boiiiiing!!!!

some of these fuckheads expect someone to go to thier house and feed them the supps and work out for them
    Confucius say...
    A ripped guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still ripped.
    A fat guy who eats a pizza, then does an hour of cardio is still fat.

Owner ALR Industries Author L. Rea's Avatar

Oh, one last question to see if the majority opinion holds: Is this below okay with everyone or is it a reason to sue. Dead serious, just curious?

This s**t is Serious. Traces of Lead and Arsenic in Protien Shakes

By uceosilver - Yesterday, 06:29 AM - Boxden > The BX Gym - Health, Exercise, and Nutrition

Consumer Reports Investigation: Tests Revel Contaminants In Many Protein Drinks

Unclear Labeling May Lead To Excessive Protein Consumption Which Can Pose Health Problems

YONKERS, NY— A new investigation by Consumer Reports, including tests at an outside lab of 15 protein drinks, reveals that some protein drinks may pose health problems over time, especially at a consumption level of three or more servings a day, due to the potential to consume harmful heavy metals and excessive protein. All of the protein drinks tested by Consumer Reports had at least one sample containing one or more of the following contaminants: arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury, which can have toxic effects on the body, including several organs. The report is available in the July issue of Consumer Reports and online at www.ConsumerReports.org.

The products, sold as ready-to-drink liquids or powders that are mixed with milk, juice or water to make shakes, attract not just athletes, but also baby boomers, pregnant women, and teenagers looking for a shortcut to a buff body. For most of the drinks tested by Consumer Reports, levels of contaminants detected were in the low to moderate range, but levels in three of the products were of particular concern because consumers who have three servings daily could be exposed to levels of arsenic, cadmium or lead that exceed the maximum limits for one or two of those contaminants in dietary supplements proposed by the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP).

The USP is the federally recognized authority that sets voluntary standards for health products. Federal regulations do not generally require that protein drinks and other dietary supplements be tested before they are sold to ensure that they’re safe, effective, and free of contaminants, as the rules require for prescription drugs. “We need better government oversight and regulation of this product sector, as well as better quality control practices in manufacturing. Especially for consumers who are using these products regularly-- consuming two or three or more times a day-- there should be better safeguards to ensure the safety of these protein drinks,” said Urvashi Rangan, PhD., director of technical policy, Consumer Reports.

Proposition 65, a California State law, mandates that manufacturers notify consumers when products contain toxic substances at levels the state says pose even a low cancer or reproductive risk. Eight of the fifteen protein drinks tested by Consumer Reports fall into this category due to their elevated levels of lead. “Those products should be required to carry a warning label if they were sold in California,” said Rangan.

Consuming excess protein can also cause health problems. Teenagers who want to look like the sculpted images they see in fitness magazines are especially vulnerable to the marketing messages trumpeted by the makers of protein drinks. Enticed by the promise of “hope in a can,” teenagers tend to overuse the products, assuming that if one scoop is good, then four to five would be even better. A 2005 study published by the American Academy of Pediatrics found that protein powders and shakes were the supplements most commonly used by those aged 12 to 18. Pregnant women are also vulnerable because heavy metals can pose risks to a developing fetus or a nursing baby. Some protein drinks market directly to these groups while others warn they are not suitable for people under 18 years of age or that pregnant women should consult a physician before use.

What The Tests Found

Consumer Reports purchased 15 protein powders and drinks mainly in the New York metro area or online and tested multiple samples of each for arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury. The levels discussed here are based on three servings per day, an amount that experts say is common. The results showed a considerable range, but levels in three products were of particular concern:

· Three daily servings of the ready-to-drink liquid EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate Shake provide an average of 16.9 micrograms (µg) of arsenic, exceeding the proposed USP limit of 15 µg per day and an average of 5.1 µg of cadmium, which is just above the USP limit of 5 µg per day.

· The samples of Muscle Milk Chocolate powder contained all four heavy metals, and levels of three metals in the product were among the highest of all products tested by Consumer Reports. Average cadmium levels of 5.6 µg in three daily servings exceeded the USP limit of 5 µg per day, and the average lead level of 13.5 µg also topped the USP limit of 10 µg per day. The average arsenic level of 12.2 µg was approaching the USP limit of 15 µg per day.

· Muscle Milk Vanilla Crème contained 12.2 µg of lead in three daily servings, exceeding the lead limits, and 11.2 µg of arsenic.

The Consumer Reports investigation notes that cadmium raises special concern because it accumulates in and can damage the kidneys, the same organs that can be damaged by excessive protein consumption. And it can take 20 years for the body to eliminate even half the cadmium absorbed today.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast