Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Which birth control methods do YOU use?

As I get older, I realize more and more that I don`t really want children.
    My boyfriend and I have so much that we want to do together in our lives and a baby really doesn`t fit into the mix. Not to mention the toll it would take on my body if I were to go through pregnancy and labour....I just don`t even want to think about it!

So my question is, what birth control do you ladies use and why? Maybe stupid, but for the past 3 years my boyfriend and I have been using the `pullout` method. I am starting to get fearful that if an accident ever did happen, we would be stuck in a situation neither of us really want.

I don`t really want to use birth control (more female hormones??), and I am trying to find other methods. Is there a birth control out there that any of you would recommend, being muscular, athletic women?

Any input is greatly appreciated....

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

If you don't want kids, why don't you try [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iud[/ame]?

I'm on the ring, which is a low dose [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NuvaRing[/ame]... I'm happy with this method since I quit the pill last year, but it's still a hormonal-related birth control.

Other than that, there's always condoms... but most people I know in committed and/or long-term relationships don't usually want to use them.
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

If I had to think about this I would use a non-hormonal IUD.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    If I had to think about this I would use a non-hormonal IUD.
    I had the mirena in for a few days, had to have it taken out due to heavy and non stop bleeding but I think that was due to the hormones because the pill makes me bleed non stop as well. So I wish they have of tried me with the non hormone kind, but I was pushed into the mirena. But having said that, if you have a shallow vagina (which I do) then the string/wire attached to the IUD can be felt when you insert your finger. That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole.... I knew I did the right thing, having it removed.....
    I have a friend who had her IUD go missing and had to have surgery to have it removed. Another woman had her IUD pierce her bladder and she was very sick for at least 18 months. Last I heard she was sueing the doctor who put it in....not sure what has happened.

I have a Mirena and have had no issues at all with it.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

PENCILNECK

I had the essure clips inserted into both tubes and LOVE it! It's an outpatient procedure and takes 3 to 6 months to be completely effective.
    However, it is permanent, but it was completely covered under my health insurance (my pills weren't...WTF??). I, like you, decided I didn't want kids, and was tired of taking pills/hormones everyday that were making me cranky(er) and fat.

once I got off hormonal BC I haven't wanted to do back. Hubby and I just use condoms and when we don't want to use I use a spermacide gel (after I make sure I'm not near my ovulation week)

These are all great suggestions!! Thank you all...I had no idea about the copper iud (non-hormonal).

I am going to have to do my research. I read up a bit on the iud and apparently a lot of doctors will not insert into a woman who has never been pregnant! The string thing does weird me out a little bit...and the pain that comes with insertion.

Thanks again!

Forum Leader: Rx Fight Club stephaniewicked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole....
    Umm, OWW!!
    "The gym is one of life's best arenas for building the toughest of men. Not because you learn to experience success, but because you've been forced to accept failure and identify your flaws."

Banned

"My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole...."
    And THAT in and of itself would be sufficient to end the festivities!!!

So maybe that's how it functions as 'birth control'...

I had the mirena in for a few days, had to have it taken out due to heavy and non stop bleeding but I think that was due to the hormones because the pill makes me bleed non stop as well. So I wish they have of tried me with the non hormone kind, but I was pushed into the mirena. But having said that, if you have a shallow vagina (which I do) then the string/wire attached to the IUD can be felt when you insert your finger. That was another reason why I had it removed because I didn't like the thought of having the man feel this wire inside me. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole.... I knew I did the right thing, having it removed.....
    I have a friend who had her IUD go missing and had to have surgery to have it removed. Another woman had her IUD pierce her bladder and she was very sick for at least 18 months. Last I heard she was sueing the doctor who put it in....not sure what has happened.
    You're deadly Karen. We would howl like a wolf in pain. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    And THAT in and of itself would be sufficient to end the festivities!!!

So maybe that's how it functions as 'birth control'...
    Exactly and that in itself was enough to turn me off sex. I didn't want to have sex with that foreign object inside me.....so I had it removed a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    You're deadly Karen. We would howl like a wolf in pain. Yikes.
    I never tried it out! I didn't want the dam thing in, especially with all the bleeding. Once it came out, I felt relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniewicked View Post
    Umm, OWW!!
    My doctor told me it did hurt the men he had spoken to. If a woman has a shallow vagina in otherwords she is not that deep, then she really isn't a candiate for a IUD. I just wasn't....and that's cool!

A little off topic: I have heard stories of some prostitutes with blades in their vagina. *** Shudders***

A little off topic: I have heard stories of some prostitutes with blades in their vagina. *** Shudders***
    Omggggg that is evil! They must hate men, to do that and have serious issues!
    I couldn't even have sex with my then boyfriend, knowing I had that wire inside me. He was upset that I went and had it removed, but it was my body and I wasn't happy and the constant bleeding.....I just knew that it wouldn't go away because the mirena releases hormones into the unterus and I have never been able to take the pill due to the constant bleeding etc.
    I knew that if I kept the mirena in just to make him happy, I would have left him out of resentment. I ended up leaving him anyway, shortly afterwards so.....

Omggggg that is evil! They must hate men, to do that and have serious issues!
    I couldn't even have sex with my then boyfriend, knowing I had that wire inside me. He was upset that I went and had it removed, but it was my body and I wasn't happy and the constant bleeding.....I just knew that it wouldn't go away because the mirena releases hormones into the unterus and I have never been able to take the pill due to the constant bleeding etc.
    I knew that if I kept the mirena in just to make him happy, I would have left him out of resentment. I ended up leaving him anyway, shortly afterwards so.....
    It should be something both in the relationship share. Selfish that he wanted you to bare the burden. He couldn't wrap that rascal? We had our kids, Was less complicated for the male, so I got the snip, throwing blanks since 1998.

Species Marketing Director The Big Sexy's Avatar

I'm batting 100% with the old pull out and skeet. No pregos in the past I don't even know how many years of relationships.
    "You know you've made it when Getbig has a thread about you..." Dave Palumbo (TBS Thread 11/11/09)

Quote Originally Posted by Supertrap2 View Post
    Bottom line is a million people can wear the same shirt but when TBS puts it on it just becomes SEXY!

RX MEMBER

I most certainly cannot speak for now, but I heard that during Vietnam War, a lot of the prostitutes had razor blades in their mouths and vaginas, and were quick to lure in an American soldier to wound him.

Quote Originally Posted by 高尚兇手 View Post
    I most certainly cannot speak for now, but I heard that during Vietnam War, a lot of the prostitutes had razor blades in their mouths and vaginas, and were quick to lure in an American soldier to wound him.
    Never heard that, More stories about Black VD from that place/time frame. Razors I heard were in gang members women, in case they were jumped by rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by 高尚兇手 View Post

I think that is similar to the stories I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdawg View Post
    It should be something both in the relationship share. Selfish that he wanted you to bare the burden. He couldn't wrap that rascal? We had our kids, Was less complicated for the male, so I got the snip, throwing blanks since 1998.
    Yes, selfish that he didn't care about my health or well being. Which btw, sealed the deal for me leaving him. The previous boyfriend before him told me he wanted me to go off the pill, when my period was 21 days straight and didn't look like it was stopping. It wasn't light spotting btw, it was a full on period. I was depleted in iron, miserable and going to become broke from constantly purchasing tampons...not to mention that I was worried about having a tampon in me 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    I'm batting 100% with the old pull out and skeet. No pregos in the past I don't even know how many years of relationships.
    I always used this.....it's great and the best birth control!

I always used this.....it's great and the best birth control!
    I agree in a way BUT I am very scared of an accident happening! I have been reading up a lot on the copper iud, but I really don't want strings hanging down inside of me. Also, you mentioned that some women are not candidates for it - well I am only 5'0 (short body), so I think this may very well apply to me.

Hmmm.....

GYM RAT

I have a beautiful 21 year old daughter from using this very method

Pre-ejaculation does contain sperm....most men can't control or detect pre-ejac

I have a 13yr old using this method....

Banned

Okay, add another to this 'method'..... I'm paying college tuition for my "pull out and skeet".

RX MEMBER

Keep trying to beat the clock if you want to. One day, you are going to lose though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wetdawg View Post
    I got clipped after my daughter was born. After watching what my wife went through with both kids I felt that doing that was the least I could do.

I keep telling her it was really so I could fool around on her and not worry about getting anyone pregnant. She never finds that very funny though

Quote Originally Posted by nicoledominique View Post
    I agree in a way BUT I am very scared of an accident happening! I have been reading up a lot on the copper iud, but I really don't want strings hanging down inside of me. Also, you mentioned that some women are not candidates for it - well I am only 5'0 (short body), so I think this may very well apply to me.

Hmmm.....
    I am not sure if height comes into it. I am 5'4 and have a shallow vagina and my best friend is 5'1 and doesn't. When you go for an examination, the doctor will measure you. The thing that urks me, is the doctor knew I had a shallow vagina and yet she pushed for me to have the mirean IUD. When I went back and saw her about it very upset, she said I had a shallow one...
    So my advice would be to bring this up when you have a consultation with your doc. Ask as many questions as you can, until you feel comfortable and confidant to make a decision.

Pull and Pray....
    Keep Ritch Banned. FOR-EVER.

Un-Ban SKELETOR though, yo.

Anal sex is 100% foolproof....

I. My doctor told me that men have had the wire stab them in the pee hole.... .

Some guys pay extra for that.

I've heard that the sperm have trouble surviving through the digestive tract. So really shouldn''t be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I've heard that the sperm have trouble surviving through the digestive tract. So really shouldn''t be an issue.
    Exactly and they never find an egg in the booty.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Some guys pay extra for that.
    Some guys are just sickos...

Exactly and they never find an egg in the booty.....
    That's twice you made a reference to ass play, are you in need of some and haven't been getting it?

AsS heard on the radio show, she likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jello View Post
    That's twice you made a reference to ass play, are you in need of some and haven't been getting it?
    Yes and even if I was getting some, I would probably still be making references to ass play........hehehe

AsS heard on the radio show, she likes it.

Oh man, what did my thread turn into??!

There's a lot of pervs around, Nicole. Just ignore. Or join in.
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    There's a lot of pervs around, Nicole. Just ignore. Or join in.
    Well, I like being a perv just as much as the next one! However, I do draw the line at ass play!

SweetCapri

Is ass play a form of birth control? Muahahahaha.

Ewww the IUD story from TB is freaking me out... honestly as naive as it sounds I could never do it cause to me it looks like just leaving a tampon in and it grosses me out, now hearing the wire being felt I'm def good... pull out works when done properly lmao I can't believe we as adults are saying this is ok but more people use that method than want to admit... No judgment but if you're using that method and not in committed long term relationships ewwww... but pregnancy related... it can get very sloppy and make babies, few drinks delayed reaction... a little to greedy towards the end... lol... thats too risky... also risky,condoms... seriously get a little crazy, upside down, or too much squeezing and accidently you could pull one off and not even know... just saying...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast