Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Joe Paterno fired!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoot...meeting-110911

Joe Paterno out at Penn State

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP)

Penn State trustees fired football coach Joe Paterno and university president Graham Spanier amid the growing furor over how the school handled sex abuse allegations against an assistant coach.

The massive shakeup Wednesday night came hours after Paterno announced that he planned to retire at the end of his 46th season.

But the outcry following the arrest of former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky on molestation charges proved too much for the board to ignore.

One key question has been why Paterno and other top school officials didn't go to police in 2002 after being told a graduate assistant saw Sandusky assaulting a boy in a school shower.

Paterno says he should have done more. Spanier has said he was not told the details of the attack.

Sandusky has denied the charges.

Defensive coordinator Tom Bradley will serve as interim coach while Rodney Erickson will serve as interim school president.

Earlier in the day, Paterno said in a statement he was ''absolutely devastated'' by the case, in which Sandusky, his onetime heir apparent was charged with molesting eight boys in 15 years, with some of the alleged abuse taking place at the Penn State football complex.

''This is a tragedy,'' Paterno said. ''It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more.''

John Surma, the vice chair of the board of trustees said, ''these decisions were made after careful deliberations and in the best interests of the university as a whole.''
    You guys with the huge sponsor ads in your signatures make reading the forums annoying.

The Engineer: GAT Lead Rep lastson's Avatar

Wow... Just sad to see him go out like that...

Not surprising - him nor the college president.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ASC Pro Strongman Ryan Bracewell's Avatar

This is sad for Paterno. I know where I stand about Sandusky, but without knowing all the details I'm not sure if I agree with him being fired.

Joe Paterno deserves to get fired!!! He ran that University, he was that University. He knew what had happened, so he decided to go to his bosses who aren't really his bosses because Joe Paterno is Joe Paterno and he runs the University. That being said as FACT Sandusky still had access to buildings within the college, he still had a parking spot within the college, he ran his football camps within the college and he also had his email through the college- ALL FACTS!!!! Now if I am Joe Paterno who is God among God's at Penn State it would bother me that this predator was still using my University as a playground to molest 10-13 y.o. boys. FACT- Jerry Sandusky was at Penn State's weight room on Thurs/Fri b4 being indicted over the weekend. The strength and conditioning coach avoided him like the plague and most of the Penn State F-ball players had no idea who he was. One, when interviewed, said he "looked creepy" So to feel sorry for Joe Paterno is ridiculous he knew about it and he enabled it- so Joe enjoy all your free time!!!!

being a penn state alum it's a sad sad day....the media ran cost this job and a legacy....he's by far the greatest coach in college history and the media made it seem it was his fault

he reported it to the head of campus police, no different than telling the mayor of a town whos in charge of the police of that town...what else would you want him to do? he's a football coach

if you went to work tomorrow and your boss said, you broke no rules and didn't break any laws...but your fired...how would you feel?

needless to say espn ruins another story with their overhype once again
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 11-10-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJD69 View Post
    Joe Paterno deserves to get fired!!! He ran that University, he was that University. He knew what had happened, so he decided to go to his bosses who aren't really his bosses because Joe Paterno is Joe Paterno and he runs the University. That being said as FACT Sandusky still had access to buildings within the college, he still had a parking spot within the college, he ran his football camps within the college and he also had his email through the college- ALL FACTS!!!! Now if I am Joe Paterno who is God among God's at Penn State it would bother me that this predator was still using my University as a playground to molest 10-13 y.o. boys. FACT- Jerry Sandusky was at Penn State's weight room on Thurs/Fri b4 being indicted over the weekend. The strength and conditioning coach avoided him like the plague and most of the Penn State F-ball players had no idea who he was. One, when interviewed, said he "looked creepy" So to feel sorry for Joe Paterno is ridiculous he knew about it and he enabled it- so Joe enjoy all your free time!!!!

you do know that anyone that retires from penn state gets all those same priveldges right?

haters say paterno hasn't even coached the team in 15 years....but now he's the eyes of a whole university...comeon man
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 11-10-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    you do know that anyone that retires from penn state gets all those same priveldges right?

haters say paterno hasn't even coached the team in 15 years....but now he's the eyes of a whole university...comeon man
    Even pedophiles!!!! Come on man you sound ridiculous!!! Do you have kids? Do you have nieces, nephews? There is more to life than Football and it doesn't get worse than this! I'm out

Even pedophiles!!!! Come on man you sound ridiculous!!! Do you have kids? Do you have nieces, nephews? There is more to life than Football and it doesn't get worse than this! I'm out
    if he has entrance to the facilities then he obviously wasn't a convicted pedophile, thats also not joe paternos responsibility to govern who comes on campus or not....he's a football coach

and yeah if i had children, i'd hope they would be smart enough to tell me they were raped....then i'd be smart enough to go to the cops....i also wouldn't let my teenage kid hang out with a 60 year old unrelated man by themselves

again. do what you will to the ppl in the wrong here....joe paterno is not in the wrong at all

do your research...you sound ridiculous

Meh...

Default Joe -pa

So he deserves to be FIRED=----- AFTER he announces that he is retiring?

SERIOUSLY....

So the media has twisted this story and Joe P is on the covers of ALL media tv shows, magazine covers and papers across the country...

AND

the one who COMMITTED the crime is kept hidden to the public...

YEP your right jackwagon,,......fuck joe...

GOD BLESS AMERICA....

KEEP VOTING...

THIS COUNTRY ID FULL OF RETARDS....

Quote Originally Posted by osfitness View Post
    So he deserves to be FIRED=----- AFTER he announces that he is retiring?

SERIOUSLY....

So the media has twisted this story and Joe P is on the covers of ALL media tv shows, magazine covers and papers across the country...

AND

the one who COMMITTED the crime is kept hidden to the public...

YEP your right jackwagon,,......fuck joe...

GOD BLESS AMERICA....

KEEP VOTING...

THIS COUNTRY ID FULL OF RETARDS....
    If you are saying Fuck Joe and who gives a crap if they fire him... then I agree with you. lol

I also think firing JOE is getting way to much press...

The Penn State Alumni will all tell you that Joe Paterno ran the College, he held all the power within the university, he was Penn State. The President and other board members have been trying to get rid of him for years and look how that went. MY BOTTOM LINE is he didn't care about those poor boys who were being raped; he cared more about his legacy and protecting the Penn State name. He had rules such as you couldn't wear a hat but it's OK when someone tells you that there has been sexual acts being performed on his campus against little boys by his RIGHT MAN HAND! Scott Paterno has said that after McQueary and his father went to Paterno the following day that HIS FATHER DIDN'T EVEN TALK TO SANDUSKY! WAY TO GO JOE!!! GOOD MOVE!!! By the way in one of his statements he says HE REGRETS NOT DOING MORE!!!!
    The Board felt that they needed to cleanse all the higher ups that were involved/knew whatever word you wanna use. so that the university can move forward. If I was an alumni I would be disgusted and applaud the boards decision. But I'm not I am a 42 y.o. father of a 10 yr old boy that plays Football!!!

The Penn State Alumni will all tell you that Joe Paterno ran the College, he held all the power within the university, he was Penn State. The President and other board members have been trying to get rid of him for years and look how that went. MY BOTTOM LINE is he didn't care about those poor boys who were being raped; he cared more about his legacy and protecting the Penn State name. He had rules such as you couldn't wear a hat but it's OK when someone tells you that there has been sexual acts being performed on his campus against little boys by his RIGHT MAN HAND! Scott Paterno has said that after McQueary and his father went to Paterno the following day that HIS FATHER DIDN'T EVEN TALK TO SANDUSKY! WAY TO GO JOE!!! GOOD MOVE!!! By the way in one of his statements he says HE REGRETS NOT DOING MORE!!!!
    The Board felt that they needed to cleanse all the higher ups that were involved/knew whatever word you wanna use. so that the university can move forward. If I was an alumni I would be disgusted and applaud the boards decision. But I'm not I am a 42 y.o. father of a 10 yr old boy that plays Football!!!
    the penn state alum rioted last night in protest of the retard decision

again if joepa hasn't "coached" a football team in 15 years, how the hell is he running a full university by himself, thats just absurd and dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    the penn state alum rioted last night in protest of the retard decision

again if joepa hasn't "coached" a football team in 15 years, how the hell is he running a full university by himself, thats just absurd and dumb
    WRONG AGAIN!!!! The school has approx. 40-50 thousand students and there have been reports that there were approx. 50 in Joe Pa's driveway and maybe 1,000 in the streets and not all of the 1,000 turned over cars and acted like Assholes. There are always a few people that get recognized in these situations and that my friend doesn't mean all of the alumni. Another Fact for you in 2004 the Athletic Director and School President went to his house to ask him to step down and he said NO and that was the end of it. So even though I never said he hasn't coached in 15 yrs he even had the power back then! The end of Camelot!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast