Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 4399
  1. #3766
    FREAK
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    25724

    Default

    Hey chris,
    If you are training a muscle once a week do you normally give it about 5 to 7 days for recovery, and if your training a muscle twice a week would you say give it about 72 hours of recovery. in addition to time how would you say you assess whether or not a muscle has recovered?
    Last edited by Suprmann; 03-12-2012 at 11:59 PM.

  2. #3767
    RX MEMBER shawncathey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    14188

    Default

    Hi Chris, two things..

    Thanks for taking a pic with me at the flex pro. I drove down all the way from SF and stayed the night in the car just to see the show! I wanted to take one with Dave too but he wasn't there at the night show!

    mail.google.com.jpg

    The other thing is I have been dieting for 10 weeks now (started jan 1st at 185 lbs, I am now about 172 lbs), progressively lowering my calories. Now Im at 1900-2000 on training days and at about 1800 on rest days. I think my fat loss has stopped. I don't if I should keep lowering calories because it's starting to get hard to function on a daily basis and I don't know if lowering calories will necessarily equal more fat loss. I typically do 2-3 HIT cardio sessions a week with 2-3 low intensity 40 minute sessions.

    My abs look softer than before but I dont know why? Has my metabolism just shut down?
    I'm doing the Contra Costa on May 5th and the Team Universe on July 7th.

    Any input from you would help.

  3. #3768
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suprmann View Post
    Hey chris,
    If you are training a muscle once a week do you normally give it about 5 to 7 days for recovery, and if your training a muscle twice a week would you say give it about 72 hours of recovery. in addition to time how would you say you assess whether or not a muscle has recovered?
    I think its ...well I like once every 5 to 8 days. Start at 8 and move them close if u can. My test is always " Am i strong and agressive" in the gym? If the bber tells me "Yes I am" then I know they are not over trained
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

  4. #3769
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawncathey View Post
    Hi Chris, two things..

    Thanks for taking a pic with me at the flex pro. I drove down all the way from SF and stayed the night in the car just to see the show! I wanted to take one with Dave too but he wasn't there at the night show!

    mail.google.com.jpg

    The other thing is I have been dieting for 10 weeks now (started jan 1st at 185 lbs, I am now about 172 lbs), progressively lowering my calories. Now Im at 1900-2000 on training days and at about 1800 on rest days. I think my fat loss has stopped. I don't if I should keep lowering calories because it's starting to get hard to function on a daily basis and I don't know if lowering calories will necessarily equal more fat loss. I typically do 2-3 HIT cardio sessions a week with 2-3 low intensity 40 minute sessions.

    My abs look softer than before but I dont know why? Has my metabolism just shut down?
    I'm doing the Contra Costa on May 5th and the Team Universe on July 7th.

    Any input from you would help.
    You may be flat, I would just increase calories to 2500 for 2 days ...then get back to your 2000 plan and u will probably see your body look as lean as it has, but with more density...You may end up holdiong water for a day but it will dissipate
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

  5. #3770
    RX MEMBER Jeremy24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    9215

    Default

    chris do u have clients measure protein before orr after cooking

  6. #3771
    RX MEMBER shawncathey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    345
    Rep Power
    14188

    Default

    Cool. Thanks!

  7. #3772
    FREAK
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    25724

    Default

    Hey Chris,
    When instructing the pull up do you recommend elbows flared out or elbows flared in at about 45 degrees. The majority of bodybuilders i see videos of tend to flare elbows out where as military and law enforcement personnel seem to keep there elbows in closer to the body. Those who tuck their elbows in do it in accordance with the biomechanics of the lats (which basically is to bring the elbows down and in tight towards the sides of the torso). Bodybuilders seem to flare their elbows out more to minimize bicep recruitment and to optimize lat recruitment (some would say that flaring elbows out does not actually do this and just causes shoulder problems).
    Thanks

  8. #3773
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    before
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

  9. #3774
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Chris, do you have any of your pro's eating around 1 g of protein in bodyweight per day. I know you have recommended this in past articles, and I think it would work well for me because I don't have an excessively fast metabolism, but I tend to overcompensate due to being concerned with reaching a negative nitrogen balance after my training.

  10. #3775
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    By the way I meant in their offseason diet, just to clarify.

  11. #3776
    RX MEMBER Friendly Milkshake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,630
    Rep Power
    211752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Aceto View Post
    before
    chris, I weigh my food after it is cooked (about 8 ounces)

    am i possibly consuming more protein at a time then i need? im 235 lbs currently.

  12. #3777
    GYM RAT J Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bucks County PA
    Posts
    585
    Rep Power
    2236

    Default

    Big fan Chris.

    In one's prep and fat loss is too fast, would you back off the cardio or add in the carbs to level off?

    I have always thought and instructed to back off the cardio first to let the body heal and recover.

    Just would like another opinion.

    Best
    Joe
    Last edited by J Franco; 03-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.

  13. #3778
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Franco View Post
    Big fan Chris.

    In one's prep and fat loss is too fast, would you back off the cardio or add in the carbs to level off?

    I have always thought and instructed to back off the cardio first to let the body heal and recover.

    Just would like another opinion.

    Best
    Joe
    we are on the same page...back off the cardio
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

  14. #3779
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Milkshake View Post
    chris, I weigh my food after it is cooked (about 8 ounces)

    am i possibly consuming more protein at a time then i need? im 235 lbs currently.
    possibly because well, u are eating a little more protein then u think
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

  15. #3780
    The Technician Chris Aceto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,040
    Rep Power
    2147650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bem90 View Post
    Chris, do you have any of your pro's eating around 1 g of protein in bodyweight per day. I know you have recommended this in past articles, and I think it would work well for me because I don't have an excessively fast metabolism, but I tend to overcompensate due to being concerned with reaching a negative nitrogen balance after my training.
    I have them eat no more then say 1.2 max gr per pound
    Submit Ask Dave & Stump the Jumbo questions to aceto@rxmuscle.com

Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •