Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Jordan questions LeBron's move to Miami

Michael Jordan played on the Dream Team in the Olympics, but says he never dreamed of putting together an NBA supergroup like the one that formed in Miami this summer.

In an interview after playing in a charity golf event in Nevada, Jordan questioned LeBron James' decision to join the Miami Heat after seven years in Cleveland. "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team. But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Jordan won six titles with the Chicago Bulls, before moving on to play for the Wizards and work in their front office. He now is the majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats. His good friend and fellow former NBA great, Charles Barkley, bashed the move earlier in the week to the Arizona Republic.

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this. If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/m...1910?GT1=39002
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

He's not trying to follow Jordan or Barkley's legacy, He's doing it his own way. Obviously going down as the greatest player ever isn't his top priority, he just wants to win championships. For that I have tremendous respect for that.

Im sure LeBron really cares what Michael thinks. He couldnt play with Magic and Larry there wouldnt be any shots for them to take.

MUSCLEHEAD

So basically MJ thinks it was a bitch move on Brons part. If u can't beat em join em.

Hes probably just mad his team wasnt in the mix for LeBron

The bulls put very good players around Jordan, so he didn't need to go anywhere else. Clevland couldn't do that for Lebron, so he left. Can't really blame the guy, he had do what Clevland couldn't himself.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post
    He's not trying to follow Jordan or Barkley's legacy, He's doing it his own way. Obviously going down as the greatest player ever isn't his top priority, he just wants to win championships. For that I have tremendous respect for that.
    Why would u respect such a thing?? Running to miami and creating a all star team doesnt deserve any respect. Respect would of came from him staying on the cavs and continuing to try to get a ring. Not trying to follow jordan?? Why else did he decide to use the number 23 then? Queen james doesnt deserve any respect and I cant wait to watch that team fail next season.

'Respect' for pussies?

Without knowing anything else about you, I'm willing to bet that you 1) live in the U.S. and 2) are under 35 years old.

PENCILNECK

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetLean View Post
    Why would u respect such a thing?? Running to miami and creating a all star team doesnt deserve any respect. Respect would of came from him staying on the cavs and continuing to try to get a ring. Not trying to follow jordan?? Why else did he decide to use the number 23 then? Queen james doesnt deserve any respect and I cant wait to watch that team fail next season.
    Agreed. LeBron has officially stomped on any chance he had to be considered the greatest of all time.

I liken him to a more talented Kevin Garnett. He is great by himself but just doesn't have the killer instinct the MJ, Kobe, or D-Wade has.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    'Respect' for pussies?

Without knowing anything else about you, I'm willing to bet that you 1) live in the U.S. and 2) are under 35 years old.

I'm not going to answer those questions. That's such hypocrisy and you know it. Considering you guys kiss the ass of a certain player who's a known rapist, and the most SELFISH player in the league, so selfish in fact that he didn't listen to his coach's game plan and ended up costing his team the NBA FINALS in 2004. A player who's own coach called him uncoachable because he insisted on being the center of attention. Yet somehow, these are "admirable" qualities while putting your ego aside to win titles is not.

I could draw all sorts of stereotypes for people who fall into that category, but I'm gonna take the high ground and not go there. Were foreigners over the age of 35 taught to believe that you shouldn't respect anyone who isn't an egomaniacal loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Agreed. LeBron has officially stomped on any chance he had to be considered the greatest of all time.

I liken him to a more talented Kevin Garnett. He is great by himself but just doesn't have the killer instinct the MJ, Kobe, or D-Wade has.
    WHO GIVES A FUCK. He doesn't care about going down as the greatest of all time, he wants be a part of something BIGGER than that - the greatest TEAM of all time. How hard is that to understand? Where is it written in law that you have to follow ever step Jordan, Magic or Bird took?

PENCILNECK

WHO GIVES A FUCK. He doesn't care about going down as the greatest of all time, he wants be a part of something BIGGER than that - the greatest TEAM of all time. How hard is that to understand? Where is it written in law that you have to follow ever step Jordan, Magic or Bird took?
    Sure Miami can be considered the NY Yankees of basketball. They had to buy the greatest talent in order to win. Sign big free agent after big free agent and you will be considered the greatest TEAM of all time? Sorry I fail to see that logic.

90's Bulls great team, huge free agents signed during that time period, maybe 1 if you consider Dennis Rodman a huge free agent signing.

It is not written law that you have to follow the steps of Jordan, Magic or Bird, however if you look at those names they are all considered the greatest and their TEAMS are all considered among the greatest of all time.

Even MJ admitted though that things are different. Not sure how he meant that though?

Geez give it a rest all ready. Its over and done with. Time to bitch about something else.

MUSCLEHEAD

Who with that talent and ability doesnt want to be the best? You train everyday to be the greatest. Thats why he supposedly takes losing so hard. He wants to be the greatest, he's not putting all this work in to be good.

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
    Sure Miami can be considered the NY Yankees of basketball. They had to buy the greatest talent in order to win. Sign big free agent after big free agent and you will be considered the greatest TEAM of all time? Sorry I fail to see that logic.

90's Bulls great team, huge free agents signed during that time period, maybe 1 if you consider Dennis Rodman a huge free agent signing.

It is not written law that you have to follow the steps of Jordan, Magic or Bird, however if you look at those names they are all considered the greatest and their TEAMS are all considered among the greatest of all time.

Even MJ admitted though that things are different. Not sure how he meant that though?
    He meant players arent competitive as they used to be, instead of wanting to be the best they'd rather team up. Bird vs. Magic vs.Jordan were rivalries. Lebron vs. Wade vs. Kobe were but not now. Its Lebron and Wade vs. Kobe. U get respect for being the man and getting it done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast