Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I saw the interview with Jordan and he didn`t really rip Lebron.He said it was not something he would have done.Now I understand Barkley let him have it a little more but I didn`t see that interview maybe some of you did.

MUSCLEHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStrength12 View Post
    I'm not going to answer those questions. That's such hypocrisy and you know it. Considering you guys kiss the ass of a certain player who's a known rapist, and the most SELFISH player in the league, so selfish in fact that he didn't listen to his coach's game plan and ended up costing his team the NBA FINALS in 2004. A player who's own coach called him uncoachable because he insisted on being the center of attention. Yet somehow, these are "admirable" qualities while putting your ego aside to win titles is not.

I could draw all sorts of stereotypes for people who fall into that category, but I'm gonna take the high ground and not go there. Were foreigners over the age of 35 taught to believe that you shouldn't respect anyone who isn't an egomaniacal loser?
    Maybe ur right about Kobe. Maybe he is the most selfish player and shaq had nothing to do with that teams fallout. Unlikely. Maybe he did rape that girl. Unlikely. Maybe them losing to detroit in 04' was solely his fault. Unlikely. But the facts are, kobe has always been a laker. Yea he demanded a trade many players do, the organization promised him that there would be a championship caliber team around him and at the time the promise was not met. But u cannot question kobes work ethic, heart, or competitveness. When he was a free agent, i didnt see him trying to jump on the spurs or pistons or kings or go play with KG.

I don`t like or dislike either player(Kobe, Lebron) I don`t even like basketball,but..I will say this .If those teams meet in the finals it will be a war worth watching.Which ever side you`re on you have to admit they will both be wanting to win this thing about as much as anything they have ever wanted.

I'm not going to answer those questions. That's such hypocrisy and you know it. Considering you guys kiss the ass of a certain player who's a known rapist, and the most SELFISH player in the league, so selfish in fact that he didn't listen to his coach's game plan and ended up costing his team the NBA FINALS in 2004. A player who's own coach called him uncoachable because he insisted on being the center of attention. Yet somehow, these are "admirable" qualities while putting your ego aside to win titles is not.

I could draw all sorts of stereotypes for people who fall into that category, but I'm gonna take the high ground and not go there. Were foreigners over the age of 35 taught to believe that you shouldn't respect anyone who isn't an egomaniacal loser?
    I already have my answer.

I don't believe for a moment that Kobe 'raped' that girl. If anything, she probably knocked another girl over the head fighting to get to his room. Infidelity may be frowned upon by approximately 35-40% of our population, but it's not a crime.

Deviation from the game plan didn't sink the team in '04. It was the Pistons' super-starless team DEFENSE which rose up and changed the tide of that series. That was a tough Finals to watch, but I give all the credit to the Pistons for the wake-up call, as a valuable lesson was learned that summer.

I was a huge Shaq fan. Despite his age in '04, I still felt the Lakers should keep him. I didn't want to lose Kobe either, though...I thought both players together could recruit a 'third man' to round out the triumvirate. But once Shaq left, what could ya do? We were headed for some serious down years and Shaq was going to play with D-Wade.

Kobe was frustrated the next few years, and even suggested that Bynum be moved. But, they stayed the course, fought a tough battle against Phoenix in '06, got bounced quickly in '07, then turned everything around when Gasol arrived in '08.

If you look at some of the teams the Lakers fielded after the 2002 championship - incuding the 'dream team' - it would be easy to wonder why Kobe agreed to stay with the organization. But ultimately, the guy is a competitor, and along with his running mate, Pau, has led his team to 3 straight Finals with back-to-back titles.

It's a terrific story of redemption for a guy who, statistically, really didn't shine in the 2010 Finals and yet, made sure his teammates had the chance to.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellas View Post
    Geez give it a rest all ready. Its over and done with. Time to bitch about something else.
    Is it foot ball season yet?

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
    Is it foot ball season yet?

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Training camp starts next week..COWBOYS

Go Steelers lose all your games without Big Ben lol.

FREAK

there is a saying right....
    "If YOU can't BEAT them...JOIN THEM"

LEbron is great... okay.. can he win a ring alone like Kobe!!?????? NOOOOOO!!! there ya have it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    I already have my answer.

I don't believe for a moment that Kobe 'raped' that girl. If anything, she probably knocked another girl over the head fighting to get to his room. Infidelity may be frowned upon by approximately 35-40% of our population, but it's not a crime.

Deviation from the game plan didn't sink the team in '04. It was the Pistons' super-starless team DEFENSE which rose up and changed the tide of that series. That was a tough Finals to watch, but I give all the credit to the Pistons for the wake-up call, as a valuable lesson was learned that summer.

I was a huge Shaq fan. Despite his age in '04, I still felt the Lakers should keep him. I didn't want to lose Kobe either, though...I thought both players together could recruit a 'third man' to round out the triumvirate. But once Shaq left, what could ya do? We were headed for some serious down years and Shaq was going to play with D-Wade.

Kobe was frustrated the next few years, and even suggested that Bynum be moved. But, they stayed the course, fought a tough battle against Phoenix in '06, got bounced quickly in '07, then turned everything around when Gasol arrived in '08.

If you look at some of the teams the Lakers fielded after the 2002 championship - incuding the 'dream team' - it would be easy to wonder why Kobe agreed to stay with the organization. But ultimately, the guy is a competitor, and along with his running mate, Pau, has led his team to 3 straight Finals with back-to-back titles.

It's a terrific story of redemption for a guy who, statistically, really didn't shine in the 2010 Finals and yet, made sure his teammates had the chance to.

Yes you have an answer - I've stated many times that I'm just out of college and it says I live in the US off to the right.

Of course you can argue that great defense, coaching, etc.. were factors that helped Detroit win that year. And yes, if you're a Laker fan, it is a good redemption story. Regardless of whether I'm right about Kobe or not (it really doesn't matter), there's not doubt that Lebron has exhibited far more emotional maturity, a sense of belonging to something even bigger than himself and less ego problems that Kobe Bryant at that age. On top of that, his individual performance/statistics from the first 7 years of his career rival all the greats in the game's history. That is a FACT. So stop making ignorant comments about him being a coward, a loser, etc..

You want me to stop bashing Kobe for his past and defending Lebron for his actions? Then stop making ridiculous, unsupported claims about him

Quote Originally Posted by BuffGuy View Post
    there is a saying right....
    "If YOU can't BEAT them...JOIN THEM"

LEbron is great... okay.. can he win a ring alone like Kobe!!?????? NOOOOOO!!! there ya have it...

Where do you draw the line between what constitutes winning one alone and winning one with support? Is Pau not a great player? Was Kareem not a great player?

Who's to say what taints your legacy and who doesnt? Let's say Miami does win the title. You're next best player (Wade, Lebron, whoever you think is better?) is a FIRST team all star, whereas the Lakers 2nd best player is a SECOND team all star? So having a second team allstar beside you means you're the greates thing a 1st team all star beside you means your a loser, even if you win a ring?

Sure Lebron will have had it easier. But it's not like Kobe was working with a bunch of D-League athletes...

Quote Originally Posted by Justin198922 View Post
    Who with that talent and ability doesnt want to be the best? You train everyday to be the greatest. Thats why he supposedly takes losing so hard. He wants to be the greatest, he's not putting all this work in to be good.
    You train to win championships...

Quote Originally Posted by Tre View Post
    I
    This is 100% correct. It's redemption as far as his attitude issues go and his ability to distribute the ball/focus on things other than scoring.

Yes you have an answer - I've stated many times that I'm just out of college and it says I live in the US off to the right.

Of course you can argue that great defense, coaching, etc.. were factors that helped Detroit win that year. And yes, if you're a Laker fan, it is a good redemption story. Regardless of whether I'm right about Kobe or not (it really doesn't matter), there's not doubt that Lebron has exhibited far more emotional maturity, a sense of belonging to something even bigger than himself and less ego problems that Kobe Bryant at that age. On top of that, his individual performance/statistics from the first 7 years of his career rival all the greats in the game's history. That is a FACT. So stop making ignorant comments about him being a coward, a loser, etc..

You want me to stop bashing Kobe for his past and defending Lebron for his actions? Then stop making ridiculous, unsupported claims about him
    when did u become such a big queen james fan?

MUSCLEHEAD

You train to win championships...

This is 100% correct. It's redemption as far as his attitude issues go and his ability to distribute the ball/focus on things other than scoring.
    We both know saying lebron doesn't want to Be the best is a lie. Who wants to say, I played against Kobe or Wade or melo and say that man was better than
    me. That's a lame excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaGetLean View Post
    when did u become such a big queen james fan?

I'm not, I don't particularly care for him, in fact this season when the media was all over Lebron's balls, I was sort of on the Kobe bandwagon. But I'll always jump in when I feel an athlete is being treated unfairly by the media, so in this case I'm taking Lebrons side. Next time they kiss his ass again, I'll be the first one to criticize them.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin198922 View Post
    We both know saying lebron doesn't want to Be the best is a lie. Who wants to say, I played against Kobe or Wade or melo and say that man was better than
    me. That's a lame excuse.

I must have worded what I said wrong. I never meant to say that being the best wasn't extremely important to him. But you don't join up with a guy like DWade if being the top dog in the NBA is more important to you than winning rings.

WEEKS prior to the announcement, it was widely speculated that if Lebron went to Miami, it would still be Wade's team. He's obviously the fan-favorite in Miami because of his history with the team/06 Finals performance. Not to mention, everyone was saying that D-Wade would be the Kobe, the one with the ball with 5 minutes in the game and Lebron would serve as the distributor. Even Lebron himself was hoping to take more of a secondary role.

I really have a hard time believing that all Lebron cares about is individual success, knowing what we know above. This is where bulldog and I differ in opinion: Miami is DWade's team, and it will always be DWade's team. If Lebron wants to go down as the best ever, he'll either have to

a) be BY FAR the best role player the game has ever seen

or

b) "take his talents somewhere else" lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast